Ryan Porteous

Fort Vallance

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Henroddy said:

I could be wrong but has he even played for the under 21s yet? As a nation we are not great at calling up young players

It says he’s played 10 times for 21s, 7 for 19s and once for the 20s. He didn’t play for the other age groups because he wasn’t part of the SFAs elite group of youngsters. This could be a 🖕🏾to Malky Mackay and his programme. 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• John Findlay

• Tazio

• mitch41

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That scotland squad is absolutely honking. As pointed out above it’s full of hammer throwers and utter pish. Managed by a dinosaur that will go down in history as yet another out of touch with the modern game.

I have next to no interest in the national team so it doesn’t bother me, but more out of curiosity I glanced at the squad.

There's a dearth of decent centre backs around just now. Not Porteous's fault he's in the right position at the right time.

A shining example of the shortage is Harry Maguire. He cost more than £80m and is very limited.

If I was 25 years younger I'd have a good chance of captaining Manchester City right now.

Our Centerhalf choices are McKenna, Cooper, Gallagher, Hanley. It doesn't surprise me that Porteous has got the call. We've been woefully short in that area since probably the mid 90's.

Steve Clake will play with a back 3 when both Tierney and Robertson are available. Mctominay will probably play on the right and Cooper or, McKenna in the middle. Can't see Porteous getting many chances anyway. 

I don't think he's terrible. He's a no nonsense Centerhalf, he likes a physical battle and that's important but he lacks discipline and his games not refined enough to be starting International matches at this stage of his career.

Porteous is a typical clogger Centre Half but without any sense of control.  I fear he's going to cause someone a serious injury in a game due to his impulsive nature.

• 5 weeks later...
Gorgie Boot boy
On 29/09/2020 at 16:47, oi oi said:

Aye cause the national team is screaming out for left backs 😉

Are they , aw well then.

20 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Absolute huddy. 

This.

34 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

Absolute cart horse yesterday. Never in a million years should he be anywhere near a scotland squad

Wee bit of Steve Clark gold dust goes a long way. The centre back partnerships for the last few games have been frightening. Won both.

Bazzas right boot

The boy is murder.

However, Boyle has something  about him. He's decent.

That Nisbet imo was ok as well, good all about the pitch. Dioge was murder and both defenders were played like fools by Naismith and Boyce in the 2nd half.

31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The boy is murder.

However, Boyle has something  about him. He's decent.

That Nisbet imo was ok as well, good all about the pitch. Dioge was murder and both defenders were played like fools by Naismith and Boyce in the 2nd half.

This thread is about Porteous, calm doon.

Porteous is minging. End of discussion.

A_A wehatethehibs

Craig Halkett should be in the squad ahead of him. 

Can't think why any Scotland manager would ever call up a Hibs player, especially a defender. Are you asking to be sacked Stevie 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs