Ryan Porteous

Fort Vallance

He was bigged up by a hibs mate as the next big thing and to watch out for. So I paid a bit of attention in a few games I watched.

I must not understand football. He's just another bang average big lad that puts his foot through everything. Necessary in the SPL and the non league football down south.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• John Findlay

• Tazio

• manaliveits105

On 22/09/2020 at 23:23, JamboAndrew said:

He was bigged up by a hibs mate as the next big thing and to watch out for. So I paid a bit of attention in a few games I watched.

I must not understand football. He's just another bang average big lad that puts his foot through everything. Necessary in the SPL and the non league football down south.

My pet hibbie trots out the next big thing nonsense about everyone they sign or have on their books. It's a "they must be good if they sign up for hibs" delusion. And then when it all goes south as it always does, with the exception of fat arse mcginn, the next big things are never mentioned again. Porteous is very much in the same mold as Ollie Shaw, Sam Stanton, Simon Murray etc etc etc

On 22/09/2020 at 16:10, Ron Burgundy said:

He's allegedly quite the misogynist and not adverse to showing a lady who's boss.

That was from a friends son who went out with his ex.

What is it with that club and developing complete and utter scumbags. It's actually uncanny.

4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

What is it with that club and developing complete and utter scumbags. It's actually uncanny.

It's always the ones who are boyhood Hibs fans too. 

Weird players, weird fans, weird players who are also fans, weird manager. 

Forgot to add - weird chief exec too. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

In the Scottish U21 squad again but no-one from HMFC.

Feel like going down to Gorgie Road on matchday just so I can boo from behind the stand.

2 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

It's always the ones who are boyhood Hibs fans too. 

Weird players, weird fans, weird players who are also fans, weird manager. 

Forgot to add - weird chief exec too. 

Even the dark blot on our recent history was a Hibs supporter as a kid. I honestly start to wonder if they think Irvine Welsh's books about drugs, violence, depravation and incest are actually a guide book on how to live your life. It's ****ing weird, man.

On 22/09/2020 at 22:23, Montgomery Brewster said:

He’s a vermin *****

F......g overrated wee prik end up in the wilderness, talking shite about when he played for the lochend tramps........another typical hobo piece of cretin......

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

eL71BV1y_bigger.jpg

Ryan Porteous named in Scotland squad as Hibs defender is rewarded for early-season displays | by

If he plays. Scotland will lose the play off game against Israel. The boy should be nowhere near a Scotland squad. Any Scotland squad.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

eL71BV1y_bigger.jpg

Ryan Porteous named in Scotland squad as Hibs defender is rewarded for early-season displays | by

Steve Clarke is not the answer. Portaloo in the squad. Oh ffs. Screaming of desperation, clueless and utter shite.

Scotland international football is dire to say the least. 

Gorgie Boot boy

Do you think if Aaron plays 5 games for Bologna he will be given a berth. Tell you this, Steve Clarke will be dumped before the end of the year.

16 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

To use polite terminology he is a third rate huddy, and that is being generous. 

Acts the tough guy. Imagine the red faced twat up against Kevin Kyle. Jesus Christ the vermin shitehawk would have his sphincter coming out of his ears.

🤣🤣

19 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Do you think if Aaron plays 5 games for Bologna he will be given a berth. Tell you this, Steve Clarke will be dumped before the end of the year.

Ahead of Robertson and Tierney - er, no.

20 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Aye cause the national team is screaming out for left backs 😉

4 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

He can play on the right.

Possibly, but after 5 games for Bologna I wouldn't be throwing an 18 year old into the national team out of position.

jambo-in-furness
30 minutes ago, Walrus said:

Had a howler against Celtic at the weekend 

To be fair to him he was playing against what he hopes to be his future employers,  for a reputed hard man, he never committed one foul.  Says it all really, typical so called,  “Hibs class”. Kowtowing to your masters.

1 minute ago, itsnomarooned said:

Possibly, but after 5 games for Bologna I wouldn't be throwing an 18 year old into the national team out of position.

He played in a Scottish Cup final at 16 and breezed through it. I'd argue that playing for Scotland currently is less daunting than that. I have no time for the national team anyway and hope he is given an Italian passport to represent the Azzurri in the future. 

jambo-in-furness
40 minutes ago, Walrus said:

Had a howler against Celtic at the weekend 

To be fair to him,  he was playing against who he hopes is his future club.

He didn’t try a leg,  or commit a foul.

Typical so called “Hibs class”. Kowtowing to his masters.

Oh ffs😂 

If I gave a shit about Scotland these days I wouldn’t find it so funny. This is what Steve Clarke regards as International class 

Robby Mcrorie

Greg Taylor

Stephen O’Donnel

Ryan Porteous

😂

Scotland are toilet.

We should just do away with Scottish International managers,just let journalists pick the squads🤷‍♂️Whatever happened to Eamon Brophy?

jambo-in-furness
58 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

To be fair to him he was playing against what he hopes to be his future employers,  for a reputed hard man, he never committed one foul.  Says it all really, typical so called,  “Hibs class”. Kowtowing to your masters.

52 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

To be fair to him,  he was playing against who he hopes is his future club.

He didn’t try a leg,  or commit a foul.

Typical so called “Hibs class”. Kowtowing to his masters.

DOH,  double post folks,  sorry!

Ah the Scotland national team, that well known marker of player quality. 

A team that hasn't had a whiff of an international tournament for over 20 years. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Clueless huddy.   He better not get game time or it’s cheerio to Euro 2020/21z

I have news for you mate

we are not going anywhere near Euro 2021

we won’t get anywhere near Euro 2121 either, we are a fourth rate football nation, only used as a vehicle to drive old firm ambitions 

1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

I have news for you mate

we are not going anywhere near Euro 2021

we won’t get anywhere near Euro 2121 either, we are a fourth rate football nation, only used as a vehicle to drive old firm ambitions 

While true we are only two games away from it and knowing our luck we will qualify and no fans can attend. 

1 hour ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Not a chance and it pisses me off. Greg taylor is pish. Another transfer mistake by a club with too much money. Him being in the squad is pointless. Shinnie and Douglas both better, but Hickey is the future so should be there. 

IMO Clarke should be looking to try and get lads like Gilmour and Hickey in and around the main squad. Both are going to be huge players for us going forward and lets not forget how much of a problem right back is given Hickey can play with both feet easily. It should be policy to reserve at least 1 spot in the main squad for a talented youngster. Will boost their confidence no end. 

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

To use polite terminology he is a third rate jobby, and that is being generous. 

Acts the tough guy. Imagine the red faced twat up against Kevin Kyle. Jesus Christ the vermin shitehawk would have his sphincter coming out of his ears.

FTFY

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I hope he plays and emulates John Kennedy. 

For the younglings on here, what’s that mean? A horrific injury I hope

manaliveits105

There is little doubt that since Petr15 got his dishonest claws into the SFA board there has been very strange call ups for hobos - Banjo boy when they were still in the championship (after Strachan said he wouldn’t pick Rangers players when they were in championship) - wee fat Louis Stevenson (aye really) called up by Mcleish and now Porky bombscare 

We will go nowhere in international football whilst shysters like Petr15 and his colleagues are involved 

Steve Clark being shown up. His Scotland teams have been utterly bizarre, and the displays a direct reflection of his boring turgid personality

Edited by kingantti1874

Guest ToqueJambo

I've never seen a Scotland squad so full of hammer throwers, Porteous being the main example.

Just once I want to read a Scotland squad and see a fresh face or two, ideally youngsters, given a chance. Instead we get the EPL guys (fair enough), plus every fit and eligible OF player (no matter how well they're playing), then the squad is filled out with English lower league players and SPFL players none of whom have a hope of a good international career.

Why not use some of the spots from that latter group to bring in Gilmour (I know he's injured now), Gauld, Hornby, Hickey, Turnbull, Henderson... player with obvious promise who have performed well at a high level in the English or Scottish league or abroad and who are still young enough to have a genuine chance of a decent international career? What's to lose by doing that. I can't see how someone like Hickey or Gilmour wouldn't impress against the teams we play these days like Albania, Slovenia, Israel and the rest.

For decades now we've not put our best teenagers into the Scotland squad for no apparent reason while all the other countries do it. Instead we wait and hope they're still doing well at 20 or 21. Maybe if they got that vote of confidence earlier in their career they'd push on faster?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Thommo414 said:

For the younglings on here, what’s that mean? A horrific injury I hope

Yeah, not get shot in Dallas. 

3 hours ago, itsnomarooned said:

I could be wrong but has he even played for the under 21s yet? As a nation we are not great at calling up young players

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, itsnomarooned said:

I remember Callum Paterson playing right midfield at 17 at Anfield after only a few first team games for us, mostly at RB, and not looking out of place at all. I honestly think Hickey is the short term answer to Scotland's RB problems. He's two-footed and has more quality than any of our other options there, including Tierney.