Jump to content
Whatsthefuture

Returning to training

Recommended Posts

Whatsthefuture

When returning to training tomorrow, I would take all the team with JJ, Locke and ask a few simple questions. Do you have what it will take this year. The Heart, The fight and desire to repay the fans of our club. Hearts were the fall guys in an orchestrated situation and punish us they did. However this situation could only have happened due to were you the players left us. We need talent fight and desire on the park. Opposing teams will see us as a target. We have our position they have theirs. If you can’t or won’t be an 8 out of 10 players for HMFC this year. FIND A NEW CLUB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gilberts Fridge

Good point. We need to ingrain a culture of what playing for Hearts means. Too many overpaid journeymen in the last 3 years.

 

Posted on another thread that I'd like to see someone specifically employed to educate and maintain the standards of Hearts from the youth to the first team on an ongoing basis.

 

Any player should be made more than aware of the achievements of the Foundation and that losing to Hibs is unacceptable.

 

I know its pie in the sky but when we are restored to the Premier, our contracts should include a bottom 6 termination clause. We shouldn't be bottom 6 let  alone any where near a relegation place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ari Gold

I'm sure Robbie Neilson is more than capable to figure out who has what it takes to play for Hearts without the help of Gary Locke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hesh
16 minutes ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

 

I know its pie in the sky but when we are restored to the Premier, our contracts should include a bottom 6 termination clause. We shouldn't be bottom 6 let  alone any where near a relegation place.

Ah a ‘God given right’ clause’ unfortunately life doesn’t work like that. 
 

how do you work out whose ‘fault’ we didn’t finish in the top 6 or do you just empty the whole squad and the coaching team. What about injured players.

 

doubt you’d get anyone to sign with a clause like that Unless their pay was grossly inflated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Officer Doofy

The part I totally agree with, is any player who doesn’t understand how ****ing angry the supporters are, and doesn’t want to make amends, needs to **** off sharpish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John Findlay

It's a simple question with two one word answers.

Q. Do you want to play for the Heart of Midlothian?

A. yes, stay.

A. No, goodbye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mid Calder Jambo
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

It's a simple question with two one word answers.

Q. Do you want to play for the Heart of Midlothian?

A. yes, stay.

A. No, goodbye.

I get the feeling that there will be a few in the No category who will be happy to sit in the stand for the next 3 years getting paid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mundaydog

There is the possibility of Lee McCulloch joining Robbie so I think a combination of JJ and him should be enough to rocket a few players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
16 minutes ago, Mundaydog said:

There is the possibility of Lee McCulloch joining Robbie so I think a combination of JJ and him should be enough to rocket a few players.

Obviously, I'll be behind him if he joins, but

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
red

There’s an element of man management involved in running a football team (I’ve never ran one but I run several teams in my business) 

 

gathering them all together and telling them this or that and ending it with find a new club isn’t what’s needed here.

 

man management is needed and only Robbie Neilson can do that. Can he do it? We will soon find out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whatsthefuture
43 minutes ago, red said:

There’s an element of man management involved in running a football team (I’ve never ran one but I run several teams in my business) 

 

gathering them all together and telling them this or that and ending it with find a new club isn’t what’s needed here.

 

man management is needed and only Robbie Neilson can do that. Can he do it? We will soon find out 

In elite sport the difference between top sports persons is not just talent it is mentality. Look at Paterson possibly not the best or most talented however desire and will to win was his driver 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboAl
1 hour ago, red said:

There’s an element of man management involved in running a football team (I’ve never ran one but I run several teams in my business) 

 

gathering them all together and telling them this or that and ending it with find a new club isn’t what’s needed here.

 

man management is needed and only Robbie Neilson can do that. Can he do it? We will soon find out 

"Man management" means all things to all men.

I'm not sure I agree with your middle paragraph.  We're talking here of grown men who are relatively highly paid for what they do and I think it's reasonable for a new manager to know who is "with them" and who isn't.  They all should start with a clean slate and that means everyone laying their cards on the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leveins Battalion

Doubt we will see them running up and down Murder Hill this pre season..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado
5 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

I'm sure Robbie Neilson is more than capable to figure out who has what it takes to play for Hearts without the help of Gary Locke. 

This. Locke has a role, but thinking we need him to gee the players up is total nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo

The question is who's going to be the fattest? I'll go with Mr Halkett. Now's the time for the players to live up to their billing as professional athletes and screw the nut and right what they did wrong last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gilberts Fridge
5 hours ago, Hesh said:

Ah a ‘God given right’ clause’ unfortunately life doesn’t work like that. 
 

how do you work out whose ‘fault’ we didn’t finish in the top 6 or do you just empty the whole squad and the coaching team. What about injured players.

 

doubt you’d get anyone to sign with a clause like that Unless their pay was grossly inflated.

Is it any different to putting a relegation clause in their contracts. Just because it's there doesn't mean it must be used.

 

No we don't have a God given right to be top six but our players should be under no illusions that it is the minimum standard we accept as a club . Might have helped in the last couple of seasons.

 

Do you think bottom 6 is acceptable for us.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

Is it any different to putting a relegation clause in their contracts. Just because it's there doesn't mean it must be used.

 

No we don't have a God given right to be top six but our players should be under no illusions that it is the minimum standard we accept as a club . Might have helped in the last couple of seasons.

 

Do you think bottom 6 is acceptable for us.

 

 

 

Typically it's better to put a carrot in front of people than a threat if you want to motivate them. We haven't been using the bonus system which, it seems, was a mistake. That seems to be changing going forward so players should be rewarded for success and their punishment for failure is not being paid so much (and obviously getting the boot if they perform really badly).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gilberts Fridge
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

Typically it's better to put a carrot in front of people than a threat if you want to motivate them. We haven't been using the bonus system which, it seems, was a mistake. That seems to be changing going forward so players should be rewarded for success and their punishment for failure is not being paid so much (and obviously getting the boot if they perform really badly).

Agreed , lower the salary with good bonuses on a reducing scale for winning / Europe / cup win / top six . I did say the bottom six release clause was pie in the sky but I maintain anything other than top six is unacceptable for the size and resource of our club and the players should be under no illusions about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jumper

Going back to the thread title. I can't recall the club telling us the plan for training sessions. Like for example testing requirements if any, where to train to minimilse any Covid transmission and so on. Has any detail been given yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CJGJ
5 minutes ago, Jumper said:

Going back to the thread title. I can't recall the club telling us the plan for training sessions. Like for example testing requirements if any, where to train to minimilse any Covid transmission and so on. Has any detail been given yet?

Well given all the Premier League clubs have gone through it I think its been pretty clear for a while

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shanks

Then what happens when Damour turns round and says  ‘nah, think I’ll just sit back and scoop my wages for the rest of my long term contract cheers’ 

 

Can’t force players out of the club unfortunately, it’s even harder to get rid of players when they are on larger contracts than their talents deserve.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wattie exploited

Robbie had the team doing double sessions last time he was in charge and some players hated it I hope he does this again and get rid of the dross that we still have here collecting  good money   for getting us in the position we are in now am sure there are a few in the squad that need every training :rifle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff

First thing Robbie should be doing is to say to of

the group, - If you don't want to be at Hearts this season and want to leave, hand in your transfer requests ASAP. 

 

The rest should be doing triple session. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo61
13 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Then what happens when Damour turns round and says  ‘nah, think I’ll just sit back and scoop my wages for the rest of my long term contract cheers’ 

 

Can’t force players out of the club unfortunately, it’s even harder to get rid of players when they are on larger contracts than their talents deserve.  

Give him a paint brush and tell him to start at the top left corner of the Gorgie stand, then follow the instructions for the forth rail bridge!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
5 hours ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

I get the feeling that there will be a few in the No category who will be happy to sit in the stand for the next 3 years getting paid. 

There are very few players willing to do that. They may try for a month or two but very quickly realise that life without playing isn’t worth the money. In any case a partial contract pay-off from Hearts plus a wage elsewhere usually means they end up playing and earning more. I’d expect Robbie to make his mind up on everyone within a month or so then start moving players on. Already started with one or two on whom he is already decided. Heard he believes he May need to remove up to 10 and bring in 3/4. Over 30 in current squad which is way too many for a reduced season in championship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
1 hour ago, Jumper said:

Going back to the thread title. I can't recall the club telling us the plan for training sessions. Like for example testing requirements if any, where to train to minimilse any Covid transmission and so on. Has any detail been given yet?

They will be keeping it quiet because they don’t want fans trying to come along to watch. Pre-season matches will be similar to avoid the risk of fans trying to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo
51 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Give him a paint brush and tell him to start at the top left corner of the Gorgie stand, then follow the instructions for the forth rail bridge!

Feck that. Give him a trowel and some breeze blocks. We've got corners that need filling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TypoonJambo
16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

There are very few players willing to do that. They may try for a month or two but very quickly realise that life without playing isn’t worth the money. In any case a partial contract pay-off from Hearts plus a wage elsewhere usually means they end up playing and earning more. I’d expect Robbie to make his mind up on everyone within a month or so then start moving players on. Already started with one or two on whom he is already decided. Heard he believes he May need to remove up to 10 and bring in 3/4. Over 30 in current squad which is way too many for a reduced season in championship. 

Budgement day, the sequel? 😁 

Edited by TypoonJambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tynehead
1 hour ago, Shanks said:

Then what happens when Damour turns round and says  ‘nah, think I’ll just sit back and scoop my wages for the rest of my long term contract cheers’ 

 

Can’t force players out of the club unfortunately, it’s even harder to get rid of players when they are on larger contracts than their talents deserve.  

 

You can make them run and run and then run some more.   Oh need you to come back in afternoon for some more running.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jumper
23 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

They will be keeping it quiet because they don’t want fans trying to come along to watch. Pre-season matches will be similar to avoid the risk of fans trying to watch. 

That makes sense. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cade

Beast them.

 

We smashed the diddy league last time around because we were by some clear distance the fittest squad of players in the league.

And that included Glasgow Zombies and Shitey Hibs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Debut 4
7 hours ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

Good point. We need to ingrain a culture of what playing for Hearts means. Too many overpaid journeymen in the last 3 years.

 

Posted on another thread that I'd like to see someone specifically employed to educate and maintain the standards of Hearts from the youth to the first team on an ongoing basis.

 

Any player should be made more than aware of the achievements of the Foundation and that losing to Hibs is unacceptable.

 

I know its pie in the sky but when we are restored to the Premier, our contracts should include a bottom 6 termination clause. We shouldn't be bottom 6 let  alone any where near a relegation place.

Interesting you say that about youths.  There was disdain behind the scenes ,when Levein was there,  about the lack of structure and ability to help with the transition of young players to first team.  
 

JJ has a good past record so hopefully that changes. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Buck
5 hours ago, Smithee said:

Obviously, I'll be behind him if he joins, but

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif


McCulloch is a born winner. Unlike the losers we’ve had at the club for the past few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff
13 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:


McCulloch is a born winner. Unlike the losers we’ve had at the club for the past few years.

This. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ted (Theodore) Logan
35 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:


McCulloch is a born winner. Unlike the losers we’ve had at the club for the past few years.

Agreed. Type of guy who you hate when he's against you but love when he's with you. Naismith is similar in that respect. 

 

We need to have a bit more dig in the team if we are to get anywhere. Too many nice guys in the team recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:


McCulloch is a born winner. Unlike the losers we’ve had at the club for the past few years.

As I say, I'll be behind him if he joins. Hated him as a player though, dirty dirty *******.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boof
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

They will be keeping it quiet because they don’t want fans trying to come along to watch. Pre-season matches will be similar to avoid the risk of fans trying to watch. 

 

From here https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/robbie-ready-for-players-return

 

You can read this

 

"Note to supporters: Due to the current global pandemic, players and staff will not be able to come into contact with anyone from outside the club, and therefore cannot pose for photographs or sign autographs/merchandise. With strict Covid-19 regulations in place, fans are kindly asked to not to attend Oriam. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter."

 

Actually, not aimed at you @soonbe110 as you've already pointed it out :lol: 

Edited by Boof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug
4 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

Robbie had the team doing double sessions last time he was in charge and some players hated it I hope he does this again and get rid of the dross that we still have here collecting  good money   for getting us in the position we are in now am sure there are a few in the squad that need every training :rifle:

Fully agree.  The keen ones will lap it up.  The passengers will loathe it.  Pretty sure too that it was triple sessions at times.

 

RN will already know that his first task is separating the men from the boys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
40 minutes ago, Boof said:

 

From here https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/robbie-ready-for-players-return

 

You can read this

 

"Note to supporters: Due to the current global pandemic, players and staff will not be able to come into contact with anyone from outside the club, and therefore cannot pose for photographs or sign autographs/merchandise. With strict Covid-19 regulations in place, fans are kindly asked to not to attend Oriam. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter."

 

Actually, not aimed at you @soonbe110 as you've already pointed it out :lol: 

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamboinglasgow
4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

They will be keeping it quiet because they don’t want fans trying to come along to watch. Pre-season matches will be similar to avoid the risk of fans trying to watch. 

 

I do hope that they have some coverage of it and interviews with players through this pre-season. Just to give something about the football side. I know Motherwell were really good with doing that for their pre-season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rory78
12 hours ago, Whatsthefuture said:

When returning to training tomorrow, I would take all the team with JJ, Locke and ask a few simple questions. Do you have what it will take this year. The Heart, The fight and desire to repay the fans of our club. Hearts were the fall guys in an orchestrated situation and punish us they did. However this situation could only have happened due to were you the players left us. We need talent fight and desire on the park. Opposing teams will see us as a target. We have our position they have theirs. If you can’t or won’t be an 8 out of 10 players for HMFC this year. FIND A NEW CLUB. 

I think most showed last season that they don't - i despair was watching Hamilton earlier and yea they got pumped but they gave it a go and tried to score ,under Levein we never left our half at Parkhead 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
saxondale

Attitude of players wasn't really a problem last season - it was the the quality of play and actually looking like we had some sort game plan/identity, imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff
36 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

 

I do hope that they have some coverage of it and interviews with players through this pre-season. Just to give something about the football side. I know Motherwell were really good with doing that for their pre-season.

Good point actually. Given the current state of play it would be good PR for the club to go the extra mile for the fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamboinglasgow
47 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Good point actually. Given the current state of play it would be good PR for the club to go the extra mile for the fans. 

 

Its an area which I feel the club is far behind others is its PR side. The media people work hard and do a lot, but I think the club needs to put more focus into it. Motherwell who have a much smaller budget have been very good at giving things for fans in videos and interviews.

 

Its going to be a long two months for Hearts fans, yes we get small interviews or quotes in the evening news or other media but its not much, we are going to bombarded by Premiership football rubbing in what has happened, so having something to focus on Hearts during that time and getting the fans knowing whats happening and feel they are moving forward with the players would be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo61
6 hours ago, Tynehead said:

 

You can make them run and run and then run some more.   Oh need you to come back in afternoon for some more running.

If he ran 10 miles a day he could feck off home in only 50 days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that the right mans at the helm in Neilson to get them motivated. He will see through anybody that’s not on board immediately. Him and Jeffries are a perfect match And exactly what we need.  We all have our suspicions on certain players attitude so we will soon see.

For me I hope the likes of Irving and Cochrane get plenty game time as they have exactly the attitude we require

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamboinglasgow

To be fair to Hearts, I am pleased to see that they are posting things from today with videos and they say later there will be interviews. 

 

From everything posted so far people I have seen are:

M. Smith

Berra

Hickey

Haring

Halkett

Souttar

Garuccio

Morrison

Clare

Uche

Irving

and I think I saw Cochrane running.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kila
13 hours ago, saxondale said:

Attitude of players wasn't really a problem last season - it was the the quality of play and actually looking like we had some sort game plan/identity, imo.

 

I think their attitude would've been different had they been on a lower base salary with win bonuses.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MTS1874

Hallket’s arse is bigger than Stevie Fulton’s

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lfhearts
12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

To be fair to Hearts, I am pleased to see that they are posting things from today with videos and they say later there will be interviews. 

 

From everything posted so far people I have seen are:

M. Smith

Berra

Hickey

Haring

Halkett

Souttar

Garuccio

Morrison

Clare

Uche

Irving

and I think I saw Cochrane running.

 

That's desperate listing players you saw in videos "and I think I saw Cochrane running" is a classic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...