Returning to training

Whatsthefuture

August Landmesser
5 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

That's desperate listing players you saw in videos "and I think I saw Cochrane running" is a classic.

Why is it desperate, on a thread about players returning to training, to make a list of the players that have returned to training?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboinglasgow

• TyphoonJambo

• Leveins Battalion

• GinRummy

Auld Reekin'
17 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

See Robbies got them doing a bleep test. Wonder who got caught out not looking after themselves during lockdown. 

As in: "What the bleep have you been bleeping doing since you last kicked a bleeping ball, ya bleeping, fat, lazy, bleeping, bleeper"?   :huh:

3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

All players have returned, they are coming in at separate times of the day to get assed.

:wow:

14 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that the right mans at the helm in Neilson to get them motivated. He will see through anybody that’s not on board immediately. Him and Jeffries are a perfect match And exactly what we need.  We all have our suspicions on certain players attitude so we will soon see.

For me I hope the likes of Irving and Cochrane get plenty game time as they have exactly the attitude we require

The fact that we have a new Manager and JJ to assist could be the spur that some of the under performers need.

A chance to show they are eager to impress and work hard in training. I am sure Naismith will have given Robbie the lowdown on what he thinks of the players but I am also sure that Robbie will be making his own mind up.

He wasn't frightened during his last spell at the club to introduce double training sessions and I can't imagine anything will have changed since then, so slackers be warned.

Leveins Battalion
7 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

All players have returned, they are coming in at separate times of the day to get assed.

A few of them need assed after the last few years.

2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

That's desperate listing players you saw in videos "and I think I saw Cochrane running" is a classic.

Its no half as desperate as you trying to make something out of it though.

17 hours ago, Boof said:

From here https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/robbie-ready-for-players-return

You can read this

"Note to supporters: Due to the current global pandemic, players and staff will not be able to come into contact with anyone from outside the club, and therefore cannot pose for photographs or sign autographs/merchandise. With strict Covid-19 regulations in place, fans are kindly asked to not to attend Oriam. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter."

Actually, not aimed at you @soonbe110 as you've already pointed it out :lol: 

Boof, you might have meant that for me, If you did thanks if not thanks anyway.

2 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

You’re a proper strange wee guy.

Heartsofgold

There's another video with Michael Smith lying on his back blowing out his arse after the bleep test!!  Not worried as he has a great engine but Neilson will have them all fit in no time.

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 12:45, Mundaydog said:

There is the possibility of Lee McCulloch joining Robbie so I think a combination of JJ and him should be enough to rocket a few players.

Ah, Lee McCulloch who had Killie at the bottom before getting sacked. Neilson didn't "rocket" a few players last time round or he wouldn't have had the poor record he did against the likes of Hibs or St Johnstone. JJ and Gary Locke are the ones who should kick a few backsides (or at least SHOULD be the ones). Hopefully Neilson has learned a lot more since he's been away and toughened up a bit more.

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

See Robbies got them doing a bleep test. Wonder who got caught out not looking after themselves during lockdown. 

Used to love a bleep test in my day - 30 years ago 😪

Stendelnator
7 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Ah, Lee McCulloch who had Killie at the bottom before getting sacked. Neilson didn't "rocket" a few players last time round or he wouldn't have had the poor record he did against the likes of Hibs or St Johnstone. JJ and Gary Locke are the ones who should kick a few backsides (or at least SHOULD be the ones). Hopefully Neilson has learned a lot more since he's been away and toughened up a bit more.

Why would we want members of the hospitality staff in the dressing room or training? Shall we get Irene from finance in to do tactics as well?

Gary Locke works in our hospitality and not as a coach for a reason. 

2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

:biglaugh: Sorry for the immature response.  

2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

A hole new team 

9 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Why would we want members of the hospitality staff in the dressing room or training? Shall we get Irene from finance in to do tactics as well?

Gary is a great guy and Hearts mad but I agree, leave the tactics and managing the players to the guys actually employed as manager and as coaches. We don't need anyone wading into the dressing room giving speeches.

McCulloch might not have made a great impression as a manager but that doesn't mean he's not a good coach. He will having a winning mentality from being at Rangers, similar to Gordon from being at Celtic. Exactly the mind set I want from coaches and players, win every game we go out to play. 

5 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Is Irene any good?

Seriously though, if you ever watch Si Ferry's interviews with ex-Hearts players/managers they all say that it's important for a player to know what it's all about to play for Hearts. JJ, Lockie and others are exactly the type of people to make sure players "get it" when they sign for the club or at training. A lot of players have said that even they didn't realise how big a club Hearts were until they came. Nothing wrong with giving any potential new players a bit of focus and encouragement. It installs belief, something that's been lacking for quite a few years now. 

Bunny Munro
28 minutes ago, jambonian said:

McCulloch has better stats as Killie manager than Locke does. 

25 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

McCulloch has better stats as Killie manager than Locke does. 

Given that Lockie hasn't managed Killie (to my knowledge, unless I missed it) then you would be correct.

I'm not advocating Locke for a role in the coaching process, i'm basically saying that having someone like him around the club along with JJ is not a bad thing to have. People that bleed maroon and know what the club is about. Locke was very unlucky to be sacked when Budge and Levein came in, he did what he could with a reduced squad, a transfer embargo, using untried youngsters and let's not forget, had it not been for the minus-15 point deduction we probably wouldn't have been relegated.

For me, McCulloch was a bit of a thug as a player and all I remember was that Killie were bottom, or as good as, when he was sacked. Anyway, let's just hope that whoever coaches the players lets them know they are at Hearts and there's expectation of sorts when the maroon badge is planted on their chests as they play. And that is something that's lacked for too long.

Edited by jambonian

Pasquale for King
On 02/08/2020 at 09:53, Ari Gold said:

I'm sure Robbie Neilson is more than capable to figure out who has what it takes to play for Hearts without the help of Gary Locke. 

You would ****ing hope so, a pointer or three on derbies might be worth listening to.

Bunny Munro
7 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Given that Lockie hasn't managed Killie (to my knowledge, unless I missed it) then you would be correct.

He has. 👍

9 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I'm not advocating Locke for a role in the coaching process, i'm basically saying that having someone like him around the club along with JJ is not a bad thing to have. People that bleed maroon and know what the club is about. Locke was very unlucky to be sacked when Budge and Levein came in, he did what he could with a reduced squad, a transfer embargo, using untried youngsters and let's not forget, had it not been for the minus-15 point deduction we probably wouldn't have been relegated.

For me, McCulloch was a bit of a thug as a player and all I remember was that Killie were bottom, or as good as, when he was sacked. Anyway, let's just hope that whoever coaches the players lets them know they are at Hearts and there's expectation of sorts when the maroon badge is planted on their chests as they play. And that is something that's lacked for too long.

He managed them from Feb. 2015 to Jan. 2016. 

David Black
48 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Gary is a great guy and Hearts mad but I agree, leave the tactics and managing the players to the guys actually employed as manager and as coaches. We don't need anyone wading into the dressing room giving speeches.

McCulloch might not have made a great impression as a manager but that doesn't mean he's not a good coach. He will having a winning mentality from being at Rangers, similar to Gordon from being at Celtic. Exactly the mind set I want from coaches and players, win every game we go out to play. 

Alex.Miller at Hibs was a crap manager but went on to coach at Liverpool for years. Ian Cathro was a crap manager but has been very successful in Portugal and Spain and now at Wolves. Some people are just not cut out to be the No. 1, but are none the less first class coaches. I also don't think Lee Mc will be a soft touch regarding players attitude.  

Fort Vallance

I hope the players have grown a thick skin over the break. Because if they think that the support will cut them any slack at all after last season they're sadly mistaken. If they can't handle the flack they  might be better leaving now.

On 02/08/2020 at 13:04, Smithee said:

Obviously, I'll be behind him if he joins, but

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

Summed up perfectly.

6 hours ago, kila said:

I think their attitude would've been different had they been on a lower base salary with win bonuses.

agreed - I’m firmly in the pro budge camp but bumping up basics and reducing incentives has to be one of the craziest things I’ve heard and explains a lot about last season

2 hours ago, jambonian said:

Why would Gary Locke kick backsides he has nothing to do with the team? 
Didn’t Robbie roast Ozturk after a poor display at St Johnstone, mid week game if I remember.

I agree hopefully Robbie is a bit more vocal this time around to pet players know when standards aren’t good enough 

7 minutes ago, Muirhead said:

agreed - I’m firmly in the pro budge camp but bumping up basics and reducing incentives has to be one of the craziest things I’ve heard and explains a lot about last season

Low enough basic and no one signs.

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Low enough basic and no one signs.

Absolutely. It’s about striking a balance. Changing tact slightly to go for players with a future after hearts would be a good idea. 

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Probably about time to get over the fact Locke got sacked and considering we skooshed the championship that year with Robbie, I don't know what your moaning about.

22 hours ago, Boof said:

From here https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/robbie-ready-for-players-return

You can read this

"Note to supporters: Due to the current global pandemic, players and staff will not be able to come into contact with anyone from outside the club, and therefore cannot pose for photographs or sign autographs/merchandise. With strict Covid-19 regulations in place, fans are kindly asked to not to attend Oriam. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter."

Actually, not aimed at you @soonbe110 as you've already pointed it out :lol: 

You actually cannot legally be on campus unless you sign into the hwu safe zone App anyway. 

Edit. And you must have a hwu server login Id with a hwu.ac email address

Edited by Restonbabe
Email

44 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Probably about time to get over the fact Locke got sacked and considering we skooshed the championship that year with Robbie, I don't know what your moaning about.

Except, as far as I recall, Gary Locke didn't get sacked. His contract came to an end and wasn't renewed.

BackOfTheNet

Saw White there in the latest Instagram pic. Seen pretty much everyone I think. Although I don’t recall seeing Naismith. He sicknoting again?

10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Saw White there in the latest Instagram pic. Seen pretty much everyone I think. Although I don’t recall seeing Naismith. He sicknoting again?

hurt his pointing finger

Leveins Battalion

I've watched the 1st round if SPL fixtures including tonight'game.

The standard of football (Celtic aside) is absolutely abysmal. 

The fact we were bottom of the pile of that pish is mind boggling.🤣🤣

24 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Naismith was there, gave an interview to Hearts tv