• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

I don’t have to tell you, Tynecastle is a magnificent arena to play football. But it’s not for the faint hearted. It’s claustrophobic, we’re right on top of the pitch, it’s loud AF. It must be so daunting for an away side. All we have to do, is bring the noise.

And we will 

I canny wait!

Edited by Absolute Scenes

Absolute Scenes

United have been good but a lot of jumping the gun here. Seeing they will take points off the OF and have built an outstanding team…let’s settle 😂

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

United have been good but a lot of jumping the gun here. Seeing they will take points off the OF and have built an outstanding team…let’s settle 😂

They were fourth last season, got a good manager in Ross, and have made some very good signings. I'm not expecting them to collect 60 points this season or anything but if we stumble and get caught for third they're the most likely to pip us.

31 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Christ, thought Liam McLeod was about to start a Fletcher for Scotland campaign for a moment there.

The pair of them waxing lyrical about him and how inspiring it must be to run out in front of such a big crowd. The stand at pitch side looks empty !

10 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Utd have made some very good signings, they’ll do well this season.

On this show and going by there decent recruiting I’d say they are our main rivals for 3rd at this moment in time 

Mulgrew not far away from range there.  Looked a good height for a perfect top corner strike, just a few yards wide. 

5 minutes ago, ShortmanRossco said:

They've a decent squad now but "good" is a bit of a stretch. It's pretty dire watching despite the result.

If we put in a performance like this v AZ, I'd be delighted.

Big chance for Mulgrew but was closed down in time to put him off a clear shooting chance several yards outside the box.   

1 minute ago, leipzig76 said:

The pair of them waxing lyrical about him and how inspiring it must be to run out in front of such a big crowd. The stand at pitch side looks empty !

Behave, the place is absolutely packed :lol:

Apparently there was an issue with the tickets, queues down the road because the online system shat itself. 

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

If we put in a performance like this v AZ, I'd be delighted.

Exactly and anyone saying otherwise is having you on. 

Just now, tian447 said:

Behave, the place is absolutely packed :lol:

Apparently there was an issue with the tickets, queues down the road because the online system shat itself. 

I am very well behaved thanks ! ( so my wife says) but I still think it looked empty .I wasn't aware of the ticketing problem.

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

They were fourth last season, got a good manager in Ross, and have made some very good signings. I'm not expecting them to collect 60 points this season or anything but if we stumble and get caught for third they're the most likely to pip us.

They are not beating Celtic or rangers, that’s what I was getting at. 

2 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

Yep and United's 'massive' fanbase 🤣

They'll be back to 6,000 on Sunday  😁

1 minute ago, leipzig76 said:

I am very well behaved thanks ! ( so my wife says) but I still think it looked empty .I wasn't aware of the ticketing problem.

There are some seats empty, front couple of rows (assuming for safety reasons), and some blocks which will no doubt be reserved for UEFA even though not a single one of them would have flown up to Dundee on a Thursday night :lol:

All roads lead to Gorgie

Doesn't look like AZ have brought any fans unless that's them squeezed in the top corner with zero leg room 

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

They are not beating Celtic or rangers, that’s what I was getting at. 

Celtic and Rangers usually lose the odd game to some rando in the league at some point. 

As to everyone else laughing at the coverage, at least the journos are not dumping on Scottish football and are bigging up someone other than the OF. This is a good thing.

Let’s not over egg puddings here. Two average teams playing their 3rd/4th game of their respective seasons? Both teams have been ok let’s be honest. We have nothing to fear from United or Europe on this showing. I genuinely believe Ross County will smash Dundee Utd.

Bookmark 

Regardless of what happens next week, that's a decent result for United. 

I'll take the exact same scoreline in Europe any day of the week. 

RustyRightPeg

St Johnstone looked shit hot against Galatasaray this time last year then what happened? 

Teams raise their levels on nights like these. The big test will be next week. 

Edited by RustyRightPeg

Great result for them, got to give credit where it’s due. Don’t think it’ll be enough but stranger things have happened. Middleton’s goal was a peach

Folk don't half make wild predictions off the back of a good or bad game or even half game.

Any team is capable of putting in a shift and getting in about any other team. Do it week in week out is another matter.

Good chance they will get beat by whoever they play at the weekend.

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

United’s midfield far better than ours.

Depends on what we play but I wouldn't fancy last weekends Haring & Smith v Levitt, Sibbald & Harkes. 

Just now, GBJambo said:

One goal won’t be enough for Utd 

AZ will win the second leg comfortably imo

Sadly, I agree. They're not keeping a clean sheet over there. 2 or 3 nil AZ. 

Absolute Scenes

Who have we got better than Levitt and McGrath??

Benigame and Grant for starters.

also McKay is a better winger than McGrath by a country mile. Such a stupid post mate 

10 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Yep and United's 'massive' fanbase 🤣

They'll be back to 6,000 on Sunday  😁

I did hear that said then ? Massive ? 

If those two are as good as they're meant to be.....why the **** are they in Dundee?

Baningame and Grant.

Whats yer next stupid question

1 minute ago, ShedBoy said:

Baningame and Grant.

1 minute ago, ShedBoy said:

Baningame and Grant.

One injured till Xmas and the other benched on sat…your next stupid answer.

I was impressed by United.

No sluggish start and maintained their shape and performance for most of the 90.

They have a lot to do to progress but I'd be very happy if Hearts play as well vs. Zurich.

That thing you do

I said United will win at Tannadice.

Its going to be tough over there but Alkmaar are beatable.

At least it lifts Scottish european credibility after Well and The Rangers embarassed the country.

jambo-in-furness

Anyone saying that was not an impressive performance by Dundee Utd are kidding themselves, if that had been us I would’ve been bouncing off the ceiling.

That's a great result for Utd, hopefully we follow suit when it's our turn.

Tell you what though, hope to Christ we are not chosen by GBC to broadcast our Euro games. Don't think I could listen to the inane sh1te churned out by the commentators and pundits, with linking everything to the Old Firm. Surprised they didn't give Rangers credit for the Utd goal!! 

3 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Anyone saying that was not an impressive performance by Dundee Utd are kidding themselves, if that had been us I would’ve been bouncing off the ceiling.

Not sure if the posters quick to jump on me even watched the match.