Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Don’t get the flack it’s only 1-0. Hayes missed a shocker too. They could easily get a draw out of this. 

Well they're bottom of the league now 😁

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aberdeen need to believe more and go for it. 

might be bottom after this.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aberdeen need to believe more and go for it. 

Yeah the £50-100m difference in class is all in their head, they just need a bit of mentality why do they never win in Glasgow? Lack of fight obviously 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

That’s us lost our top spot. 🥸

Just need to stick 3/4 past hibs to regain it. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yeah the £50-100m difference in class is all in their head, they just need a bit of mentality why do they never win in Glasgow? Lack of fight obviously 

Aye, lack of fight, belief and not going for it. 

If they'd done that celtic would have been shell shocked. 

Bazzas right boot

Like most games in Glasgow. 

It's like a training session of attack v defence. 

Pile of shite. 

Aberdeen missed their one glorious chance to score but in general it's just waiting to see how many they score. 

Dull as ****. 

ToadKiller Dog

Can't judge a team properly when away to one of the Uglies ,that said the Sheep look a bit functional and bland .

Celtic a bit rusty so there was a chance to try to get something .

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Can't judge a team properly when away to one of the Uglies ,that said the Sheep look a bit functional and bland .

Celtic a bit rusty so there was a chance to try to get something .

I think functional and bland seems to be how Goodwin likes his teams. They will be better than last season, but nothing there (yet) to worry us

Edited by August Landmesser
Apostroph'e

buzzbomb1958
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Watch what you are saying that sounds a bit too close to home😂😂

IveSeenTheLight
3 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

@IveSeenTheLight

Just curious. Was there no outstanding candidates to be captain? Haven’t been too impressed with Stewart thus far. 

Well, that’s us bottom of the league, the only way is up now 😝

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

nope, relegation is a further drop

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

nope, relegation is a further drop

Theres always a first time I suppose.

unlikely though

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

unlikely though

I'm sure league reconstruction or whatever it was would help you again

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, vegas-voss said:

I'm sure league reconstruction or whatever it was would help you again

Thats not what happened though

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

unlikely though

It's also unlikely that you'll finish the league on 0 points, but after today it's still possible...

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, alanjambo said:

That Anthony Stewart is absolutely terrible. 

I did mention that to be given the captains role from nowhere seemed a bit weird. Also said he had a big mouth with no substance.

Anyway. Did Aberdeen “huv a go” today or was Robbie their manager today 🙄

3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Thats not what happened though

I said whatever.Remind me what it was.

Was it a stadium thing ? 

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I wasn’t trying to be wide or anything was just genuinely curious.

I always like to think I’m on the pulse with most Scottish Prem clubs but with such a big turnover of players it was hard with your lot this summer!

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I wasn’t trying to be wide or anything was just genuinely curious.

I always like to think I’m on the pulse with most Scottish Prem clubs but with such a big turnover of players it was hard with your lot this summer!

Didn’t think you were.

I was just making a point of showing up at our lowest point.

IveSeenTheLight
13 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I said whatever.Remind me what it was.

Was it a stadium thing ? 

The league was always reconstructing from 10 teams to 12 teams.

10th place was not guaranteed relegation.

There was supposed to be a three way play off between Aberdeen, Falkirk (3rd in first division) and Dunfermline (2nd in first division), with 2 out of the 3 teams to join St Mirren as the First Division Champions in the SPL.

We therefore were not saved from relegation, but spared from the 3 way playoff as Falkirk did not meet the leagues requirements at the time

IveSeenTheLight
18 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I did mention that to be given the captains role from nowhere seemed a bit weird. Also said he had a big mouth with no substance.

Anyway. Did Aberdeen “huv a go” today or was Robbie their manager today 🙄

The game was what I thought it would be.

‘Celtic are a good side, we were missing players who will make a difference in the weeks and months to come

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

There was supposed to be a three way play off between Aberdeen, Falkirk (3rd in first division) and Dunfermline (2nd in first division), with 2 out of the 3 teams to join St Mirren as the First Division Champions in the SPL.

We therefore were not saved from relegation, but spared from the 3 way playoff as Falkirk did not meet the leagues requirements at the time

but you finished bottom which in any other season would have guaranteed relegation therefore  were factually  saved by reconstruction ? 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

The game was what I thought it would be.

‘Celtic are a good side, we were missing players who will make a difference in the weeks and months to come

you gonna hang around this year if you fall 20 points behind us ? Or vanish like last year

Edited by kingantti1874

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Celtic were awful and won 2 0 just the way our League is.

Good off the ball awful on it, don't remember them ever that sloppy in possession when we play them 

Didn’t catch the whole game, saw bits of the 2nd half while pottering about the house.

You can talk about the gulf in finance etc…blah blah blah but there’s no excuse for some of the inaccurate, slack play from non-OF teams through there.

3, 4 times I saw Aberdeen have time on the ball 10, 15 yards outside their box after clearing, only to play underhit or the wrong type of pass up to their strikers on half way, often 2 on 2.   Not saying they’d go on to score but you should be dealing with that and being able to build an attack.  Every team is the same. 

Funnily, I thought we did that well on our first visit last season as I remember a good 20 min spell of being on top in the 2nd half.  Not so much in the 2nd game there though.  

IveSeenTheLight
19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

but you finished bottom which in any other season would have guaranteed relegation therefore  were factually  saved by reconstruction ? 

all in line with the rules set before the season started.

Nothing was changed just to suit us.

18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you gonna hang around this year if you fall 20 points behind us ? Or vanish like last year

Hopefully

Mr Elwood P
22 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Good off the ball awful on it, don't remember them ever that sloppy in possession when we play them 

This explains a lot ...

Shooter McGavin

Celtics wage bill is about 10x bigger than ours, they’ve got a squad worth about £100 million and they spend more on a single player than we can spend in 20+ years.

And that’s when you compare them against us, a club that’s financially sound.

Imagine how much bigger that gap becomes when you start comparing them to Ross County, St Mirren and St Johnstone etc…

People who think the key to beating them is just having a go at them and putting them on the back foot are dreaming, unfortunately.

Spitonastranger
2 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

unlikely though

Aye cos there will be a dodgy vote to stop it

7 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Celtics wage bill is about 10x bigger than ours, they’ve got a squad worth about £100 million and they spend more on a single player than we can spend in 20+ years.

And that’s when you compare them against us, a club that’s financially sound.

Imagine how much bigger that gap becomes when you start comparing them to Ross County, St Mirren and St Johnstone etc…

People who think the key to beating them is just having a go at them and putting them on the back foot are dreaming, unfortunately.

Yip.

Im sure they played PSG maybe 5 years ago and they said the budget difference was 7 or 8x bigger and Celtic couldn't possibly compete. 

Then they played Ross County and someone claimed the difference in budget was 16x bigger for Celtic but no mention of that just how good Celtic were in blowing them away.

Shooter McGavin
4 minutes ago, 151 said:

Yip.

Im sure they played PSG maybe 5 years ago and they said the budget difference was 7 or 8x bigger and Celtic couldn't possibly compete. 

Then they played Ross County and someone claimed the difference in budget was 16x bigger for Celtic but no mention of that just how good Celtic were in blowing them away.

The Glasgow media, without a hint of awareness, call their league wins historic and monumental 😂

Naisys Tackle
2 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

1st game of last season?

3 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Is it not true you were spared relegation during the First World War after finishing bottom as relegation was scrapped? Aberdeen then withdrew from the league for a couple of seasons due to being unable to afford to compete and on the basis they would reenter the league in the top flight, which was expanded to accommodate them, Raith and Dundee, who had also withdrawn?

IveSeenTheLight
7 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Is it not true you were spared relegation during the First World War after finishing bottom as relegation was scrapped? Aberdeen then withdrew from the league for a couple of seasons due to being unable to afford to compete and on the basis they would reenter the league in the top flight, which was expanded to accommodate them, Raith and Dundee, who had also withdrawn?

I don’t know as I wasn’t around back them.

pretty exceptional time during a world war though

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

There wasn't a division to be relegated to during WW1. 

Division two was scrapped, was just one big league. It wasn't reinstated until 1921.

4 minutes ago, GC81 said:

There wasn't a division to be relegated to during WW1. 

Division two was scrapped, was just one big league. It wasn't reinstated until 1921.

Yes, I said relegation was scrapped due to the war. 🙄