*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

The bit when he went on a 'brilliant run' too, which involved dribbling 20 yards in a straight line through empty space.

Didn't watch but presumably because the Midden players were very comfortable with this guy having possession. He's Tom Kite. 

• Replies 64.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 02/02/2022 at 21:05, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

This game showing how well we’ve actually done against Celtic this season.

Some of our fans won’t admit it but it’s true.

Does today’s result at Easter Road or last weeks even show how bad we done during the week ? 

THey must have signed half of St Mirren best players over the last few years...... and St Mirren can still beat them! 

Glorious!!!

7 minutes ago, James1874f said:

Does today’s result at Easter Road or last weeks even show how bad we done during the week ? 

The Hibs fans I’ve spoken to said that the game against Hearts was the best they’ve performed for a long while.

7 minutes ago, James1874f said:

Nah, we had a poor night, they massively upped their game. It happens in derbies.

jamboinglasgow

I realised next Saturday Hibs play Arbroath away in the cup. That is very tricky for them, considering they could go into the match having only won one match in 2022 and that was to League One Cove after extra time.

Plenty of teams bunching up behind them in the league, 4 teams just 2 points behind them, and 2 of them have a game in hand.  Just did a quick check and Aberdeen's game in hand is at home to St Johnstone while St Mirren's is away to Dundee.

Also 2 of Hibs next 3 games are against the OF, so after that run is completed I'd expect them to be in the bottom 6.

Absolute Scenes

Slight tangent, but I notice Elijah Adebayo is not in the Luton squad at all for their FA cup game. Would love it if he had signed a pre contract for us 😂

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I realised next Saturday Hibs play Arbroath away in the cup. That is very tricky for them, considering they could go into the match having only won one match in 2022 and that was to League One Cove after extra time.

Quite a few on fuds.net getting worried about Arbroath

2 minutes ago, damo said:

The Hibs fans I’ve spoken to said that the game against Hearts was the best they’ve performed for a long while.

They h1b5 fans must have been on something no? I honestly thought they were crap, and that's without the hearts tinted specs on, I felt they were utterly toothless up front and hardly caused us any problems all game apart from the clearance from sibbick at the death, the only reason they got a point imo is because there goalkeeper had a great game and also the ref was wearing his blindfold at the penalty incident, I predicted they would drop points today and have been proven right, they look a very poor team tbh, I honestly don't think they will make top 6 now, would take a bet with anyone on that, that being said it makes it even more frustrating that we didn't beat them midweek  tbh.

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hibs is funny enough, but just look at Aberdeen. Both totally self-inflicted, they had perfectly decent managers for their level, sacked them and replaced them with absolute muppets who have no clue what they're doing.

It's actually a compliment to Scottish football that guys like that think they can swan in with some new players and new systems. And then find out it is different. 

29 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Plenty of teams bunching up behind them in the league, 4 teams just 2 points behind them, and 2 of them have a game in hand.  Just did a quick check and Aberdeen's game in hand is at home to St Johnstone while St Mirren's is away to Dundee.

Also 2 of Hibs next 3 games are against the OF, so after that run is completed I'd expect them to be in the bottom 6.

The bottom 3 more like.

1 hour ago, topsport said:

Absolutely brilliant stuff 🤣

he sounds uncannily like Cathro

Actually claimed they should’ve won 3,4 or 5-1 🤣🤣

come on Arbroath 😁 

Imagine he said “It should have been 10” 🤣🤣🤣

53 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

What a feeling eh :laugh:

I could read their forums all night. The pain is beautiful.

Rangersmedia's been very entertaining the last few days too

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

maybe I’ve seen the light is alphabet spaghetti man 🤣

Maybe he's Willie Miller 😮

6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

We need to get Cook signed up. Took his goal perfectly. 
penalty was horrendous though.

Strangest thing of the whole January window that no one signed him in a pre contract (that we know of)

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Strangest thing of the whole January window that no one signed him in a pre contract (that we know of)

He’s maybe just biding his time. He has until summer to decide  sure he’s had no shortage of offers. 

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

On sportsound he sounds absolutely broken.

He is their Cathro no doubting it. Same pish coming out his mouth as we listened to. Karma and all that

only two Ian Cathro's, two Ian Cathro's

5 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Maybe he's Willie Miller 😮

I doubt Miller could even spell alphabetti spaghetti.  More likely goes by the name of toni macaroni 

2 hours ago, One five said:

Jack Ross must be laughing his ****y off 😂

:gok: ....... and laughing all the way to the bank with his pay-off from them.   

Well played, Ron :jambobanana:

Edited by Lone Striker

1 hour ago, topsport said:

Absolutely brilliant stuff 🤣

he sounds uncannily like Cathro

Actually claimed they should’ve won 3,4 or 5-1 🤣🤣

come on Arbroath 😁 

Only a matter of time till he defends an embarrassing defeat by saying "we'll just continue doing our work" 

A Disappointing Result' - Shaun Maloney | Hibernian 2 Livingston 3 | cinch  Premiership - YouTube

3 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

You hear that Robbie you have a FREE hit tomorrow none of this defensive pish attack from the outset.

Just for once just do one

37 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Only a matter of time till he defends an embarrassing defeat by saying "we'll just continue doing our work" 

A Disappointing Result' - Shaun Maloney | Hibernian 2 Livingston 3 | cinch  Premiership - YouTube

🤣

1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

They h1b5 fans must have been on something no? I honestly thought they were crap, and that's without the hearts tinted specs on, I felt they were utterly toothless up front and hardly caused us any problems all game apart from the clearance from sibbick at the death, the only reason they got a point imo is because there goalkeeper had a great game and also the ref was wearing his blindfold at the penalty incident, I predicted they would drop points today and have been proven right, they look a very poor team tbh, I honestly don't think they will make top 6 now, would take a bet with anyone on that, that being said it makes it even more frustrating that we didn't beat them midweek  tbh.

Make that the 2 penalty incidents and I agree 👍

Ref not giving them was bloody ridiculous as must’ve seen both 

towsy was robbos term for the game and I think he was spot on

tackles flying around and very hard to get a grip on the game. Hubs tried extra hard but in the main looked guff

44 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good analysis by Leanne Crichton and James McFadden as well. 

Not sure about Shaun Maloney thinking Hibs should have won by 4 or 5. 

Its hilarious when a losing manager come out with this sort of logic.    "If we'd put these chances away, we'd have won 4-1 ".       

Never any mention of what the score might have been if the other team had also "put away" the chances they missed.  :arry: 

43 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Thats an appalling assault on Harry Paton.     Dangerous play in the extreme.  The boy who did it is on loan from Leicester and has played for England at various Youth levels.     Unbelievable, 

A hearty rendition of "Cheer up James McPake....." seems appropriate though.:jambobanana:

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Or "It takes time to get my ideas across"

The thing with that is his inexperience means he has absolutely no idea if his ideas will work even if he can get them across, yet he talks like he's some managerial genius with some idea in his head of how football should be played that he definitely knows will work. It's Cathro level delusion and misplaced confidence - arrogance really.

One thing I've always liked about Neilson is when he started managing Hearts he didn't spraff nonsense about systems and style. He just got on with building a team, winning points and doing the job he was given. We didn't read big long profiles of him by the likes of Speirs and Smith and there was no chat like there is around Maloney. It's only relatively recently I've heard him talk more about wanting to play in a certain way because he's picked up enough experience to be able to talk like that. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

53 minutes ago, topsport said:

Make that the 2 penalty incidents and I agree 👍

Ref not giving them was bloody ridiculous as must’ve seen both 

towsy was robbos term for the game and I think he was spot on

tackles flying around and very hard to get a grip on the game. Hubs tried extra hard but in the main looked guff

We were unlucky on two counts.

First, the ref who didn't award even one of the two penalties we should have got.

Second, Macey their first choice goalie was injured and his replacement Dubrowski pulled off several good saves.  Against Livi the previous weekend, Macey had a mare and was culpable for two of Livi's goals.

Even without the penalties, I'm certain we would have converted at least one of our chances had Macey been in goals for them.

On another day, with a competent ref and with Macey in goals, we would have won by 3 or 4 goals.  The seethe in Lochend would have been wonderful, and the Hobbit's jaikit would have been on a very shoogly peg, as we know that derby defeats count for a lot more.  Their celebrating a draw like it was a win shows that.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Or "It takes time to get my ideas across"

The thing with that is his inexperience means he has absolutely no idea if his ideas will work even if he can get them across, yet he talks like he's some managerial genius with some idea in his head of how football should be played that he definitely knows will work. It's Cathro level delusion and misplaced confidence - arrogance really.

Absolutely.   

tbf, quite a few  managers come out with this sort of guff.   Media pundits lap it up. Gives them a reason to  talk about the manager's "philosophy" - as if a football manager is some kind of  Bertrand Russell or Plato.     

Wee Shaun's been lucky to be number 2 to a team with De Bruyne, Lukaku, Benteke, Hazard, Kompany etc - you hardly need a "philosophy" to get a good tune out of that lot.     

Hibs are a different kettle of fish.  Nowhere to hide now - just like Cathro when CL brought him in.

It's pretty obvious already just how important Boyle was to Hibs.     I wonder how many of their signings this window were his choices.  Possibly the only one was  Henderson.     Fun times ahead for us !!   :jambobanana:        

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Absolutely.   

tbf, quite a few  managers come out with this sort of guff.   Media pundits lap it up. Gives them a reason to  talk about the manager's "philosophy" - as if a football manager is some kind of  Bertrand Russell or Plato.     

Wee Shaun's been lucky to be number 2 to a team with De Bruyne, Lukaku, Benteke, Hazard, Kompany etc - you hardly need a "philosophy" to get a good tune out of that lot.     

Hibs are a different kettle of fish.  Nowhere to hide now - just like Cathro when CL brought him in.

It's pretty obvious already just how important Boyle was to Hibs.     I wonder how many of their signings this window were his choices.  Possibly the only one was  Henderson.     Fun times ahead for us !!   :jambobanana:        

Yeah, we've watched this film and we know how it ends. Both in terms of the Maloney appointment and the Ron Gordon takeover.

It's been quite a while since there was no player at all in the entire Hibs squad I would take for our squad never mind the bench.  There's usually one or maybe 2. Boyle was the only one recently. Right now, I'd maybe take Nisbet simply because of our lack of strikers. He's be behind Boyce and Simms though. They have a truly awful squad, An experienced manager would struggle to get a tune form them (Ross did latterly), never mind a complete novice with zero presence or real personality.

Jambo_jim2001
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Almondvale was mobbed with Sheep the last time they invaded the pitch...not so many this time around.

Wonder why that is :laugh:

Probably discovered it's no real grass?

kingantti1874

Is there a more entitled bunch than the sheep shaggers. A home support barely bigger than Dundee Utd and they “expect” to be third.. 

a nothing club propped up by a rich fan

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The four teams below us have all only won 1 game in their last 5 league games.

There really isn't all that much between a lot of the teams below us.  We're 10 points clear of 4th place Motherwell, who are 4 points clear of 9th place St Mirren.

I think these teams will continue to trade points between themselves, and I don't see any of them being capable of putting together the sort of run to close us down, unless we go off the rails, which I can't see happening.

I'm confident we'll widen the gap over the remainder of this round of fixtures.  It would be great to go into the split with 3rd place already guaranteed.

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah, we've watched this film and we know how it ends. Both in terms of the Maloney appointment and the Ron Gordon takeover.

It's been quite a while since there was no player at all in the entire Hibs squad I would take for our squad never mind the bench.  There's usually one or maybe 2. Boyle was the only one recently. Right now, I'd maybe take Nisbet simply because of our lack of strikers. He's be behind Boyce and Simms though. They have a truly awful squad, An experienced manager would struggle to get a tune form them (Ross did latterly), never mind a complete novice with zero presence or real personality.

I was disappointed when they signed Cadden, I liked him. But they've hibsed him so all good.