*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Have you guys never noticed that additional time is always announced as "a minimum of"?

Essential.  OF demanded it.

• Replies 64.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Its just amazing to me that it has been quietly accepted by the rest of Scottish football for decades.

Wish they would all grow a pair.

Until they all get together (never) nothing will change. Bunch of cowardly baby kittens. And unfortunately we’re as bad as the rest.

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Oh look,there's @IveSeenTheLightdefending Celtic.😂

Am I doing this right? 🤔

Somebody's hurting that a certain team didn't open up a 6 point gap ;)

Just now, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

It’s actually written as “a minimum of or until such times”

Aye good een.

Officially additional time can be covered as:-

Allowance for time lost

Allowance is made by the referee in each half for all playing time lost in that half through:

• substitutions
  • assessment and/or removal of injured players
  • wasting time
  • disciplinary sanctions
  • medical stoppages permitted by competition rules e.g. ‘drinks’ breaks (which should not exceed one minute) and ‘cooling’ breaks (ninety seconds to three minutes)
  • delays relating to VAR 'checks' and 'reviews'
  • any other cause, including any significant delay to a restart (e.g. goal celebrations)

The fourth official indicates the minimum additional time decided by the referee at the end of the final minute of each half. The additional time may be increased by the referee but not reduced.

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

ftfy

It’s disgusting. Can’t wait to hear the County manager get shot down by the Celtic manager when he mentions it in his after game interview.

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Its a minimum of how long Celtic need to score usually.

Maybe the grade 1 refs from Aberdeen do that.

Oh wait

So you are happy with the refereeing in Scotland? totally unbiased?

Refereeing in Scotland is corrupt in my opinion.

Was it Alan Muir that was the ref? I know it wasn't Beaton, Madden, Dallas, Robertson etc etc etc

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

And somebody's delighted that they didn't.😂

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

Refereeing in Scotland is corrupt in my opinion.

Was it Alan Muir that was the ref? I know it wasn't Beaton, Madden, Dallas, Robertson etc etc etc

Makes no difference 

Do you think its right that Aberdeen have no grade 1 representation?

3 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

It’s disgusting. Can’t wait to hear the County manager get shot down by the Celtic manager when he mentions it in his after game interview.

probably

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Our referees are bent FACT 

Brian McGinlay has long retired. And the rumours were never substantiated. 

14 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Incredible the chasm that's opened up in just a few weeks

You need to have a closer look at the value of the squads. 

3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Aye good een.

Officially additional time can be covered as:-

Producing rules and regs to back up Celtic.

You sheep boys certainly love the mhanky boaby😂

Forever Hearts
Just now, merrymac said:

Abergreen indeed.😁

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

And somebody's delighted that they didn't.😂

Maybe, sort of.

I'm disappointed that St Johstone didn't get any points tonight. I wanted you guys to win last weekend.

I'm generally happy if the both cheeks drop points but would rather SevCo don't win the league and get automatic Champions League group stage football.

In essence, my detest for Rangers and to a lesser extent their tribute act SevCo is greater than Celtics.

It's just a priority thing

I certainly don't support the green cheek because I detest the blue cheek

18 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The hun horse and the tim horse still running.

The Jambo horse has pulled up

Have faith. A new set of shoes from the blacksmith and we'll be trotting again 

9 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Not really that incredible. In that few weeks we coughed up the points against both of them (Celtic with the outrageous offside, Sevco because we couldn’t convert our chances) and they duly hoovered up all the points from every other game. This is just what they do season after season. Half the teams they play are beaten in their heads before they start, and they don’t even have to try that much. When they do, they’ve got the money to put out a team that can win most games - and when they struggle, there’s always a referee to find 7 minutes of injury time from nowhere.

Bye bye challenge - but because of the above, it was over as soon as one of them got 6 points ahead or so. We might have been able to claw back from one win behind. Two wins, in this league, will simply never happen.

IveSeenTheLight
4 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Makes no difference 

Do you think its right that Aberdeen have no grade 1 representation?

It shouldn't matter where a ref comes from if they have dignity and integrity.

Officiate matches fairly as you see them.

Wrong calls will be made for sure, were all humans, but the frequency and the one-sidedness would suggest that its not simply human error at play

IveSeenTheLight
5 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Nope, we stand free from all religious and sectarian bigotry

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

It shouldn't matter where a ref comes from if they have dignity and integrity.

Officiate matches fairly as you see them.

Wrong calls will be made for sure, were all humans, but the frequency and the one-sidedness would suggest that its not simply human error at play

Correct 90% of refs from the west of scotland.

Does that sound like a natural occurrence?

Given the goldfish bowl that is our game these refs will be under pressure 100% of the time

You cant tell me there aren't decent quality refs elsewhere, so the fact that they are being intentionally held back should tell you all you need to know.

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

Not really that incredible. In that few weeks we coughed up the points against both of them (Celtic with the outrageous offside, Sevco because we couldn’t convert our chances) and they duly hoovered up all the points from every other game. This is just what they do season after season. Half the teams they play are beaten in their heads before they start, and they don’t even have to try that much. When they do, they’ve got the money to put out a team that can win most games - and when they struggle, there’s always a referee to find 7 minutes of injury time from nowhere.

Bye bye challenge - but because of the above, it was over as soon as one of them got 6 points ahead or so. We might have been able to claw back from one win behind. Two wins, in this league, will simply never happen.

Right on the money. You blink and we’re so far back it’s not worth the bother.

Robbie now has to let it be known that third is the goal and to concentrate on strengthening our league position and not even looking to who’s above us. Consolidate third and be very happy with that.

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You need to have a closer look at the value of the squads. 

Not really, that's been there for the last 30 years, it's just how rapidly that gap has grown.

I never once bought into any the title challenge talk, I always stick by the theory you must play everyone home and away to get a true reflection of any league.

To at least keep close to them a team will at least once in the season need to string together a 10 game winning run, that's a mountainous task it's self.

IveSeenTheLight
9 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Correct 90% of refs from the west of scotland.

Does that sound like a natural occurrence?

Given the goldfish bowl that is our game these refs will be under pressure 100% of the time

You cant tell me there aren't decent quality refs elsewhere, so the fact that they are being intentionally held back should tell you all you need to know.

I did once see or read a thing about the Lanarkshire referee Association have a unbalanced progression route for referees over the other 12 associations.

I don't know if its true or not, but there does seem to be a persuasion of SevCo bias and also Tim bias referees that come through

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

sweep sweep nothing to see here move along

ma.JPG.a832fafb35177990bda22f3dd1e72d8c.JPG

That's actually the few that have an occasional wash breaking out of the terraces.

They stood the stench it for 97 minutes but couldn't any longer

Just now, merrymac said:

That's actually the few that have an occasional wash breaking out of the terraces.

They stood the stench it for 97 minutes but couldn't any longer

😁

3 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

sweep sweep nothing to see here move along

ma.JPG.a832fafb35177990bda22f3dd1e72d8c.JPG

To be fair our fans did it at Livingston and I've not heard much about that. 

2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I don't know if its true or not, but there does seem to be a persuasion of SevCo bias and also Tim bias referees

It is true I checked 16 grade 1refs from the west and the token ref from Edinburgh to make it look all above board😲

'Seemed we were playing until they scored'

FT: Ross County 1-2 Celtic

Ross County manager Malky Mackay is bemused as to where so much added time came from when Celtic scored a late winner in Dingwall.

“It’s interesting," he tells BBC Scotland. "It’s the seventh minute of added-on time that Celtic scored in. It seemed to be we were playing until they scored to be honest.

14 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Maybe, sort of.

I'm disappointed that St Johstone didn't get any points tonight. I wanted you guys to win last weekend.

I'm generally happy if the both cheeks drop points but would rather SevCo don't win the league and get automatic Champions League group stage football.

In essence, my detest for Rangers and to a lesser extent their tribute act SevCo is greater than Celtics.

It's just a priority thing

I certainly don't support the green cheek because I detest the blue cheek

One of them will get automatic group stage football - that’s the problem. And they will suddenly have access to the sort of money the rest of the clubs can only dream of.

I also think it would be (slightly) better overall for it to be Celtic- but only because Sevco’s business model is utterly Mickey Mouse. The only thing that can make their balance sheet make sense is CL millions, and I don’t want them to get away with that. But it unbalances things further no matter which of them gets it.

'Seemed we were playing until they scored'

FT: Ross County 1-2 Celtic

Ross County manager Malky Mackay is bemused as to where so much added time came from when Celtic scored a late winner in Dingwall.

“It’s interesting," he tells BBC Scotland. "It’s the seventh minute of added-on time that Celtic scored in. It seemed to be we were playing until they scored to be honest.

Maybe Andy Gorams story was true after all😂

part_time_jambo
38 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

More incredible is that Hibs are only 7 points behind us despite the horrendous run they are on. I don't think they will catch us though.

Or the Scottish referee version Hun Hun Tim Tim  .........................................................good guy?

IveSeenTheLight

One of them will get automatic group stage football - that’s the problem. And they will suddenly have access to the sort of money the rest of the clubs can only dream of.

I also think it would be (slightly) better overall for it to be Celtic- but only because Sevco’s business model is utterly Mickey Mouse. The only thing that can make their balance sheet make sense is CL millions, and I don’t want them to get away with that. But it unbalances things further no matter which of them gets it.

Totally agree.

Both teams will have the opportunity to get group stage CL football regardless, but whoever comes 2nd, will have a tough qualifier no doubt.

It would seem that SevCo's model is less sustainable than Celtics, but that said, I don't think Celtics squad is as strong as recent years. They don't really have a huge sellable asset that they pretty much have done year after year.

The Scottish cup / 3rd is very important this year for the rest of the teams. You guys are in pole position as your 6 points ahead of us (I will be surprised if Utd or Motherwell will maintain their challenge. I've said before its Hearts spot to lose as it gives one of the best chances to get EL group stage football and guarantees at least group stage ECL football

4 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

More incredible is that Hibs are only 7 points behind us despite the horrendous run they are on. I don't think they will catch us though.

The problem is that our own form hasn’t been stellar. At the start of October we were unbeaten. Since then our record is W4, D3, L4.

Bazzas right boot

Celtic winning. 

:seething:

Ross County getting a spoonful with sugar to help it go down. 

:jambobanana:

Hate so many teams after the vote rather than a lose / lose situation every game seems to be a win/win. 

St Johnstone got beat as well. 

Get 👇 ya ****ers.

Rangers win tho. 

:silviodamn:

12 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

The problem is that our own form hasn’t been stellar. At the start of October we were unbeaten. Since then our record is W4, D3, L4.

I wouldn't worry about this. For me it's all about fixture imbalance. They are poor but not poor enough to be scraping about right at the bottom so they were always likely to get some points against bottom 6 sides at some stage.

Next up they have Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Celtic and Hearts. That's not going to deliver many points. My bet would be zero, 2 at most.

We have Dundee, Ross Co and St Johnstone before we take our 3 points off Hibs.

We will be well clear come the break at the end of the second round matches.

5 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

I wouldn't worry about this. For me it's all about fixture imbalance. They are poor but not poor enough to be scraping about right at the bottom so they were always likely to get some points against bottom 6 sides at some stage.

Next up they have Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Celtic and Hearts. That's not going to deliver many points. My bet would be zero, 2 at most.

We have Dundee, Ross Co and St Johnstone before we take our 3 points off Hibs.

We will be well clear come the break at the end of the second round matches.

Good post. 

We really need to win the next 3 games and then watch the other teams drop points against each other. Our gap then will be much bigger come the start of 2022.

So it's not just Edinburgh then! 

Ross County manager Malky Mackay: "It's interesting. It's the seventh minute of added-on time that Celtic scored in. It seemed to be we were playing until they scored.

41 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Was the 6 mins justified ?

Starfelt had a facial injury.    Got booked for moaning about an elbow.    Got second yellow for a foul, even though it was retaliation, by elbow g the guys face. 

I missed anything else. 

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

I don’t think we’re exactly firing on all cylinders ourselves. 

I'm watching highlights.   Rangers v St Johnstone.   Liam Craig booked for diving, fair enough, but what about the clear foul before it 🤔 by Kamara.    Nothing it seems.    No free kick.