*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

IveSeenTheLight
6 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Apparently it was a clear handball - even radio Dick thought so.

The ball did clearly hit his hand and he gained an advantage from it.

It was by his side, he wasn't looking at it and there was no movement of the arm towards the ball.

Seen them given, but glad it wasn't

• Replies 63k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just realised St Johnstone are now bottom. :lol: 

That Ross County win blows the relegation battle wide open. Hibs 10 points behind us, and only 6 above bottom. :rofl: 

7 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Nice cheat chants there from the Midden fans. 

How does Boyle get away with it. That dive in the 91st minute was horrendous , Clancy is what 5yards away and cant see that Boyle starts by jumping then kicks his own leg and dives like Tom Daley 

Edited by sadj

Aberdeen very lucky in Perth, needed a honking refereeing error to take the 3 points. They where always going to push up the table though, they have a good squad and we must keep an eye on them.

Just now, Boyces beard said:

Aberdeen very lucky in Perth, needed a honking refereeing error to take the 3 points. They where always going to push up the table though, they have a good squad and we must keep an eye on them.

Nah,we're better than them. Class will show through.

maroonlegions
9 minutes ago, Locky said:

Not for St Mirren if that's what you're referring to. It's Joe Shaughnessy who scored for them. 

:vrface:

Cheers.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Locky said:

Just realised St Johnstone are now bottom. :lol: 

That Ross County win blows the relegation battle wide open. Hibs 10 points behind us, and only 6 above bottom. :rofl: 

Good. 

I hope they get relegated. 

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

Hibs now 4 points off the top 6, albeit with a game in hand. Although that game in hand is at home to Dundee on Tuesday night, and they'll be frustrated after todays match, so will be well up for it. 

Dundee pump Hibs on Tuesday and McPake issues a come and get me plea which tricks Ron Gordon into appointing him. What a Christmas that would be.

They’re also only 6 above relegation zone. If Dundee turn them over they it’s stays that way and with a cup final postponing another league game they could well be in and around 10th come Xmas

It all changes soon with a winter break and a transfer window. I'm confident third is ours if we keep our squad and sign a decent striker.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Nobreath said:

Three points gifted because of lack of VAR.

They are creeping tho. 

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Nah,we're better than them. Class will show through.

We are better than them, but if anyone is going to close the gap and challenge for 3rd place it will be the sheep.

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Would expect them to swap places with Motherwell soon, then it's Utd, Hibs and Motherwell (maybe Livi too) all scrapping for 5 & 6th

14 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Dominant Hibs performance according to the commentator. 🙈🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

1 win, 2 draws, 7 defeats 

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Imagine coming on here immediately after the final whistle has gone when you don't even support Hearts. 

****ing weirdo. 🤣

maybe banned from his own site  🤣

Just now, Boyces beard said:

We are better than them, but if anyone is going to close the gap and challenge for 3rd place it will be the sheep.

Can't argue with that. So,let's make sure we RAM it upem.

Huge opportunity tomorrow, we've blown a few this season when other results have went our way. Let's turn the screw tomorrow and put a huge gap to 4th. Favorable run of games coming up too. 

4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

The ball did clearly hit his hand and he gained an advantage from it.

It was by his side, he wasn't looking at it and there was no movement of the arm towards the ball.

Seen them given, but glad it wasn't

Sometimes not moving  your arm is the way i.e not getting  your arm out of the way has created the chance as in this case.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

We've been better so far but a season is 38 games long. 

I don't think there is much between the teams Tbh. 

We have the advantage just now tho. 

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Sometimes not moving  your arm is the way i.e not getting  your arm out of the way has created the chance as in this case.

I don't think the boy knew anything about it.

It was accidental and his arm was down by his side.

He did gain an advantage from it though no doubt.

It's an interesting one to see if it should have stood or not

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

6 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Imagine coming on here immediately after the final whistle has gone when you don't even support Hearts. 

****ing weirdo. 🤣

Could be any number of candidates tbf

8 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

That aside you are picking up points against who you should. Eventually. It's hard work generally every week and then the odd scudding from Well. Imagine  Hearts and Aberdeen will be scrapping away at 3rd and 4th till April

Edited by Riccarton3

Captain Scarlett

Why is there always a female to give her so called expertise on the Final score programme? It’s bad enough with that horrendous David Currie but if it’s not the Women playing then leave the analysis to the men please.

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Just now, Captain Scarlett said:

Why is there always a female to give her so called expertise on the Final score programme? It’s bad enough with that horrendous David Currie but if it’s not the Women playing then leave the analysis to the men please.

Dinosaur alert!

Falkirk appoint Martin Rennie as manager.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/martin-rennie-falkirk-appoint-new-head-coach-known-for-rapidly-improving-performances-3491442

I have a lot of time for Rennie. He was at the club that was then known as the Carolina Railhawks (now the even more absurdly named FC North Carolina as it moves around the bizarro world of lower tiers US soccer) when I used to have time to go to matches, and he's the best manager that club's ever had. His teams consistently over-performed their talent level, were strong on defense, but also had creative attackers. Rennie's Railhawks were a consistent thorn in the side of the dominant LA Galaxy teams in the US Open Cup, knocking them out more than once.

One year the main stadium (around 10k capacity) was closed for renovation so the Railhawks game against the Galaxy was played on a nearby practice pitch with temporary bleachers installed. I got to stand behind the goals and heckle Landon Donovan, Roy Keane, and several other reasonably well known players as Rennie's Railhawks beat them yet again. One of my fonder non-Hearts in-person football memories.

I've wondered why his name doesn't come up more in Scottish circles. I hope he does well.

Just now, Captain Scarlett said:

Does being female mean they're incapable of giving analysis? What a weird thing to get annoyed about.

Just now, CloustonHMFC said:

A win for us tomorrow would be huge.

Would be massive. Need to be bang at it from the start. A few slow starts recently and that could cost us tomorrow. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

😂😂😂😂

****ing hell. 

For me absent the clubs I'm glad to see that not given as a handball. Less important to me if he "knows about it" and more if he's not throwing his arms about when the ball is flying in.

I know the rule has been re-interpreted to death but at some point if the arm is fully by the side and the player doesn't move it in any way to impact the ball other than bumping it as he would with a hip, play should go on.

10 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

16 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Gracious.

:facepalm:

IveSeenTheLight
16 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The rules changed on handball this year. Unsure if this is given under the current rules,

Another independent tweet also saying similarly

August Landmesser
18 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

What difference does it make? Do you need actual testes to understand football tactics?

20 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Screenshot_20211211-173718_Gallery.jpg