• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How's that Aberdeen goal been given. They'll be no where near us this season, they got lucky at Tynie. Half our current team weren't even signed when we played them. 

Edited by EH11 2NL

21 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Why is there always a female to give her so called expertise on the Final score programme? It’s bad enough with that horrendous David Currie but if it’s not the Women playing then leave the analysis to the men please.

Wee Hazel Irvine says to eff off

22 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Why is there always a female to give her so called expertise on the Final score programme? It’s bad enough with that horrendous David Currie but if it’s not the Women playing then leave the analysis to the men please.

I trust she had time to get the housework done before she went to the studio, plus she’ll need to rush home now to get her man’s dinner on the table before getting the gear on for a Saturday night pounding.

Results apart from Aberdeen were pretty good. Livi and Ross Co catching up with the Hobos. They could yet havea relegation fight on their hands at this rate!

28 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

As long as said female pundit is talking sense, what does it matter? A good pundit is a good pundit, and a shite one is a shite one, regardless of gender.

27 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Falkirk appoint Martin Rennie as manager.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/martin-rennie-falkirk-appoint-new-head-coach-known-for-rapidly-improving-performances-3491442

I have a lot of time for Rennie. He was at the club that was then known as the Carolina Railhawks (now the even more absurdly named FC North Carolina as it moves around the bizarro world of lower tiers US soccer) when I used to have time to go to matches, and he's the best manager that club's ever had. His teams consistently over-performed their talent level, were strong on defense, but also had creative attackers. Rennie's Railhawks were a consistent thorn in the side of the dominant LA Galaxy teams in the US Open Cup, knocking them out more than once.

One year the main stadium (around 10k capacity) was closed for renovation so the Railhawks game against the Galaxy was played on a nearby practice pitch with temporary bleachers installed. I got to stand behind the goals and heckle Landon Donovan, Roy Keane, and several other reasonably well known players as Rennie's Railhawks beat them yet again. One of my fonder non-Hearts in-person football memories.

I've wondered why his name doesn't come up more in Scottish circles. I hope he does well.

Fair play to Falkirk for giving him a chance in Scottish football management, but you just know if he doesn't hit the ground running then he will be another that the Falkirk fans turn on.

26 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

B3C958C2-EF75-4EF4-8FFF-4762170333BC.gif.0a737b7dc2010d7ee25e9c3e82254c97.gif

12 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Results apart from Aberdeen were pretty good. Livi and Ross Co catching up with the Hobos. They could yet havea relegation fight on their hands at this rate!

Now that would be lovely 🥰

B29550CE-FA8F-4685-8C15-4D94DA9B2946.gif

42 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

For me absent the clubs I'm glad to see that not given as a handball. Less important to me if he "knows about it" and more if he's not throwing his arms about when the ball is flying in.

I know the rule has been re-interpreted to death but at some point if the arm is fully by the side and the player doesn't move it in any way to impact the ball other than bumping it as he would with a hip, play should go on.

Na don’t agree with that at all , that just leaves it open to contorting your body to control it and gain an advantage. The rule should be simple. If an advantage is gained its a foul. That was a clear advantage as it dropped at his feet to finish it

Excellent results today. Not fussed at all about Aberdeen. They’ll be comfortably double digits behind us come the split. After tomorrow that’s us played all of the other top 6 teams twice with 3 very winnable games after. 

We will extend our lead in 3rd tomorrow. 

Bazzas right boot

Also, in regards to the handball, in the refs defence the ref simply cannot see it. 

No way he can see that is a handball from that angle. 

Be interesting to see where the linesman was tho. 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, sadj said:

Na don’t agree with that at all , that just leaves it open to contorting your body to control it and gain an advantage. The rule should be simple. If an advantage is gained its a foul. That was a clear advantage as it dropped at his feet to finish it

Agreed, you could Litterally pick the pall up but your arms and hands would be by your side. 

Any advantage gained should be a foul. 

The rule could also be simplified. 

Anything below the elbow - hand ball. 

It's the hand- hand ball. The hand can be use to control it. 

Anything within 3/5 yards isn't a handball. 

Anything that travels a distance - instant hand ball. 

As you say-any advantage gained is a foul, any. 

Lots of ways to make it more black and white. 

VAR can also  help with this and offsides the most imo. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Excellent results today. Not fussed at all about Aberdeen. They’ll be comfortably double digits behind us come the split. After tomorrow that’s us played all of the other top 6 teams twice with 3 very winnable games after. 

We will extend our lead in 3rd tomorrow. 

I wouldn't dismiss them s easily. 

They are gaining after a poor start and imo outside the of are the best team I've seen us play this season. 

Only team after playing twice we've yet to beat.

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Snowflake alert!

What does that mean? Why is calling him out snowflake behaviour?  My misses knows her stuff on football, does it make me a snowflake to talk to her during games?

51 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Just had a look at mysisterismymum.net

So many of them commenting on the teams below them having a game in hand and only 6 points above bottom.

Nisbet and their defence are their scapegoats.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agreed, you could Litterally pick the pall up but your arms and hands would be by your side. 

Any advantage gained should be a foul. 

The rule could also be simplified. 

Anything below the elbow - hand ball. 

It's the hand- hand ball. The hand can be use to control it. 

Anything within 3/5 yards isn't a handball. 

Anything that travels a distance - instant hand ball. 

As you say-any advantage gained is a foul, any. 

Lots of ways to make it more black and white. 

VAR can also  help with this and offsides the most imo. 

What's the 3/5 yards rule? If it's hit at a player from 3-5 yards? Under that rule the Aberdeen goal should have stood, since it was headed onto his arm from about 3 yards away?

1 minute ago, db211833 said:

What does that mean? Why is calling him out snowflake behaviour?  My misses knows her stuff on football, does it make me a snowflake to talk to her during games?

No you bash on bud! 👍

1 minute ago, Australis said:

So many of them commenting on the teams below them having a game in hand and only 6 points above bottom.

It's astounding how highly they were talking about Porteous at one point when he's personally cost them so many points.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

What's the 3/5 yards rule? If it's hit at a player from 3-5 yards? Under that rule the Aberdeen goal should have stood, since it was headed onto his arm from about 3 yards away?

Yeah. 

Hit by 3 or 5 yards, 2 yards, 10 yards I dunno. Just spit balling. 

But If alongside the advantage rule it wouldn't. 

👍

Or the below elbow rule. 

There is a few things that would make it more clear cut  or at least narrow down what a handball actually is imo. 

It's way too open for interpretation imo. 

Mattter of time before football shorts come with side pockets imo. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

13 minutes ago, Australis said:

It’s looking very similar to Fenlon sacked Butcher in….. the popcorn is definitely at the ready!

24 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I wouldn't dismiss them s easily. 

They are gaining after a poor start and imo outside the of are the best team I've seen us play this season. 

Only team after playing twice we've yet to beat.

Motherwell were the best team we’ve came up against this season. They battered us for 90 mins. Dons were almost just as bad as us and only won through a goal which should’ve been chalked off. They’re ‘gaining’ but it’s nothing I’m worried about. They’ve won 3 in a row so fair enough. They got the rub of the green today. We have a game in hand which I’m confident we won’t lose. By the next time they play we will be 10 point ahead of them. They won’t make that up imo. 

Plus Glass is a ****ing terrible manager and a bellend to boot.

Edited by DS98

23 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Maybe if your not sexist, or supporting sexism you must be a snowflake?   Really feel we should critique commentaries or pundits on their ability as commentators or pundits, not what’s between their legs.   Must be a snowflake too 😂

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Motherwell were the best team we’ve came up against this season. They battered us for 90 mins. Dons were almost just as bad as us and only won through a goal which should’ve been chalked off. They’re ‘gaining’ but it’s nothing I’m worried about. They’ve won 3 in a row so fair enough. They got the rub of the green today. We have a game in hand which I’m confident we won’t lose. By the next time they play we will be 10 point ahead of them. They won’t make that up imo. 

Plus Glass is a ****ing terrible manager and a bellend to boot.

Nah, Motherwell were decent, but Aberdeen are better imo and I think will prove it over the season. 

Time will tell tho. 

30 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Snowflake alert!

Haha thanks for the extremely banal response to what was a valid comment on an antiquated opinion 😂

I've already melted into the sofa ❄️

34 minutes ago, db211833 said:

You should not encourage such behaviour with your wife. You should simply back hand her, and then tell her to piss off and do something more suited to her like hoover or watch Eastenders.

6 minutes ago, Locky said:

You should not encourage such behaviour with your wife. You should simply back hand her, and then tell her to piss off and do something more suited to her like hoover or watch Eastenders.

:rofl:

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Locky said:

Vacuum.

Hoover is  brand.:HeartsManspotrun:

I give my wife no out's on a technicality.

1 hour ago, leith_dude said:

Haha thanks for the extremely banal response to what was a valid comment on an antiquated opinion 😂

I've already melted into the sofa ❄️

👍😉

1 hour ago, Locky said:

😂

Just watched highlights of St Mirren v Hibs. 
In the first half there’s a Montfordian goalmouth “stramash”. 

As a St Mirren finally goes to hoof the ball clear there’s an astonishing lunging challenge on him from - who else - Porteous.

Fortunately it didn’t connect. I paused the incident and Porteous’ foot is about two feet off the ground. In fact, although partly obscured, what should be his standing foot looks as if it’s also mid-air.

He needs reined-in or he’ll break someone’s leg. 

2 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Just watched highlights of St Mirren v Hibs. 
In the first half there’s a Montfordian goalmouth “stramash”. 

As a St Mirren finally goes to hoof the ball clear there’s an astonishing lunging challenge on him from - who else - Porteous.

Fortunately it didn’t connect. I paused the incident and Porteous’ foot is about two feet off the ground. In fact, although partly obscured, what should be his standing foot looks as if it’s also mid-air.

He needs reined-in or he’ll break someone’s leg. 

The size of the Hibs support there 🤣🤣🤣

Come on the Celtic next week 🤭can’t believe I’ve said that  🤮but as forever until the moon stops shinning FTH always and always and always HHGH👍

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Vacuum.

Hoover is  brand.:HeartsManspotrun:

I give my wife no out's on a technicality.

When I worked for TomTom they told us that Hoover and Tannoy had lost certain rights in protecting their names as they'd become ubiquitous, and in the case of Hoover, a verb.

We were never ever ever allowed to call them TomToms, or use the name as a verb (as if!) - they were devices, or TomTom devices, and you navigate with them.

I wouldn't mention it, of course.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Smithee said:

When I worked for TomTom they told us that Hoover and Tannoy had lost certain rights in protecting their names as they'd become ubiquitous, and in the case of Hoover, a verb.

We were never ever ever allowed to call them TomToms, or use the name as a verb (as if!) - they were devices, or TomTom devices, and you navigate with them.

I wouldn't mention it, of course.

"ubiquitous" 

Not immediately Scottish football related but NYCFC won the MLS cup this weekend with none other than Ronny Deila at the helm and to celebrate he stripped down to his drawers to hoist the cup.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2021/dec/12/new-york-city-fc-ronny-deila-strips-to-underwear-after-winning-mls-cup-video

Don't really recommend the photo. What has been seen and all that . . .

I see our great friends have a mouth watering clash against Dundee tomorrow.  The place will be absolutely rocking.  The players sharing a common bond of court appearances.

It will be interesting to see how the results compare after we play the same opponents on Saturday.

mickycameron98
4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I see our great friends have a mouth watering clash against Dundee tomorrow.  The place will be absolutely rocking.  The players sharing a common bond of court appearances.

It will be interesting to see how the results compare after we play the same opponents on Saturday.

You know if they lot manage a rare win tonight they are only 7 points behind. After their horrible run we should have been miles clear! 

Anyway we have a good run of fixtures now finishing with the game at Easter road. Time to pull clear.

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, mickycameron98 said:

You know if they lot manage a rare win tonight they are only 7 points behind. After their horrible run we should have been miles clear! 

Anyway we have a good run of fixtures now finishing with the game at Easter road. Time to pull clear.

Yes but a Dundee win means the Hobbits are only one game away from 10th. Livi and Dundee would be on 19 points with St Midden on 18. Should they all win and Hibs lose they will be tenth come Sunday. There is already a poll asking if they will be in a relegation fight on Hibs.net.

Just seen this, 

Oostende, who made a profit from the signing of Jack Hendry from Celtic, are keen on a £1m move for fellow Scotland centre-half Ryan Porteous from Hibernian and the Belgian club will watch the 22-year-old again in Sunday's Scottish League Cup final against Celtic. (Daily Record)