*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Fozzyonthefence

Pish, watch these tramps turn their season around now!  Much easier second round of fixtures for them too (and much harder for Rangers and us). 

• Replies 63.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rick Sanchez
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Wow. Healthy position to be in if 1st-3rd. Any kind of European football after August is a bonus for Scottish teams that would have a serious impact on budget - although simultaneously is likely to stretch the squad we can afford to remain competitive (a good problem to have, mind).

What about cup winners?

I'd imagine they steal 4th place away, not entirely sure!

3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

The only consolation is that win or draw, Celtic stay 6th in the league. 

Angeball :lol:

And Aberdeen stay 9th

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Pish, watch these tramps turn their season around now!  Much easier second round of fixtures for them too (and much harder for Rangers and us). 

Away to Motherwell next for them. Motherwell can worry this Celtic defence.

Good result for us, more points we can get away from Aberdeen the better over next few months and this will keep Ange in the job for another 3 months.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
12 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ramirez? Why? Who would you replace in our team with Samuels and Ramirez?

I didn’t say I would replace anyone - I just think they would be assets in our squad. 

Skivingatwork
23 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

The Poundland George Michael now booked. Someone's gonna get a second yellow at this rate.

:rofl:

Was there even any added time? 

Referee seemed desperate to get that game finished. 

8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'd imagine they steal 4th place away, not entirely sure!

Surely we have 5 teams in Europe next season. We did this seson and our placing has improved. I don't know but I think the  answer is the cup winners will go in to the Europa League qualifiers but at a stage where they would then drop into the Conference League qualifiers rather than directly into the group stage. So as with Hibs and Aberdeen this season, it is possible to get knocked out of both the Europa League and Conference League qualifiers before the group stage.

How the hell did we draw at home to the sheep? They’re absolutely 5h1te. We have nothing to fear going there other than getting a few goals 

Jambo in Bathgate
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Wouldn't be worrying about Aberdeen.

We can take care of anyone outside the OF with this squad. Happy everytime either of them drop points. 

Glass replacement at Aberdeen sooner rather than later. 

Disappointed it didn't stay a draw but heartened that both teams looked absolutely shite.

Celtic have turned into a bunch of cloggers ala Livingston or St Mirren.

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Wouldn't be worrying about Aberdeen.

We can take care of anyone outside the OF with this squad. Happy everytime either of them drop points. 

Still very early days in the season, they've got a good squad there, suspect there will be a new man at the helm soon.

19 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

On another note, Kyogo has weird shaped legs.

Rickets

Going forward, it’s good to know that our players will be allowed at least six fouls on the same opponent before a yellow card is produced. And that this stuff about booking players who hold back an opponent who is breaking quickly out of defence has been abolished since yesterday.

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Just over 14,500 there according to BBC 🤣

Such a diddy mob 

14,500 empty red seats by the looks of it!

4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Just over 14,500 there according to BBC 🤣

Such a diddy mob 

So around 3000 season ticket holders didn't bother going

1 minute ago, Barack said:

I want that Cammy Devlin v Scott Brown match up!

Get Eddie Hearn on the blower.

To be fair Scott Brown isn't really much of a threat now. Plays too deep and isn't really involved that much. They leave the tackling to like of Lewis Ferguson who I do look forward to Devlin coming up against. 

Jambo in Bathgate
14 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Who's in the frame?

No idea but looks like the Aberdeen dream management team have turned into a nightmare. 

Probably enough in the second half performance to give Glass some leeway.

Has to win some games now though. Though out of next 7 league games play Hibs, Rangers, Hearts, Dundee United, Celtic.

Listened to this on radio wonderful performance from Bonnar 

Only sees things from an OF point of view .

Big surprise .

Then states this could be a draw , unusual for this fixture . Squeaky voice : 'apart from the 2 draws last season' ! 

Super stuff

I think we can be confident of finishing above Aberdeen now. I know it's early days but even this early in the season it'll be tough to claw back a 10 point gap, especially with our current side.

Ross County statement.....

During the end of the first half and for the vast majority of the second half our safety officer engaged with his Dundee United counterpart, Dundee United stewards and Ross County supporters as well as other representatives of both clubs where it was made clear to him from all parties, that no racist language had been used during a chant that was aimed at Jeando Fuchs.

Dundee United stewards were extremely close to the area where the chant had come from and had confirmed that no racist language had been used, however swearing and foul language had been.

At half time the referee and his fellow officials also met with representatives of both clubs.

We also feel the gesture from Dundee United manager Thomas Courts towards our supporters did not reflect responsible handling of the matter given that representatives of both clubs upon the full time whistle had come to the conclusion that no racist language had been used. This could also have incited risk to Ross County supporters leaving the stadium after the game.

7 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Listened to this on radio wonderful performance from Bonnar 

Only sees things from an OF point of view .

Big surprise .

Then states this could be a draw , unusual for this fixture . Squeaky voice : 'apart from the 2 draws last season' ! 

Super stuff

We have Bonnar on one side and Richard Gordon on the other.  Sportsound is biased as ****.

avhudtheteeshirt
25 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i've just seen that is celtics first away league win since february

And just look at the crime count: 10 fouls Aberdeen, 27 fouls Celtic?

You could say they kicked Aberdeen off the park???

Madden was letting persistent fouling go all the first half, then booked 3 Celtic players in the 2nd, most who had been fouling all the 1st half?

How Celtic managed to keep 11 men on the park is down to the referee being lenient in the 1st half!!! 

9 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I think we can be confident of finishing above Aberdeen now. I know it's early days but even this early in the season it'll be tough to claw back a 10 point gap, especially with our current side.

Still early days and we need to focus on ourselves.   Ibrox next game for us, Dons play bottom club Dundee.   We need to keep our run going.   Long way to go but I do think we will get better as players settle in and suspect our real challengers this season will be Hibs,  and possibly Celtic if they don’t sort themselves out soon.  

Did I just hear Bonnar say to Alan Preston that "your opinion does not count as your club is top of league".

kirkierobroy

OF there to be shot at. Sellick probably a bit lucky to get past even Aberdeen, the perpetual bottlers. A couple of fumbles from Bombscare Hart that might have gone in on other days. When you play Sellick, just make sure you give Hart a lot to do.

Bazzas right boot

Aberdeen fans experiencing what we had when Bob left the first time. 

Many wanted more and weren't happy with Mcinnes despite his consistency in the league hopefully they bottom out just like we did. 

Giving how results are going if we beat them at their place their top 3/4 hopes will be done and dusted. 🙏