*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

VALDOS'

Teams playing on cheap carpets and others getting games called off because of moderate rain, the "premiership" is on a par with the Bolivian 4th division :facepalm:

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gundermann
1 hour ago, theshed said:

Dundee really have a terrible pitch. 
Rangers won’t mind though as gives them a rest and probably get injured players back for when game gets played.

Sure Dundee would have rather played them today  

BBC saying der Hun is angry. Just a normal day then.

That said, if this is Dundee's 4th postponement of the season, they need penalised.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68526406

Can I just say that although we've had our problems with Don Robertson, him getting in front of a camera and explaining his decision is a good thing. 

Given the role match officials have in the game, they should be giving post match interviews too. Managers end up being expected to explain the referees decisions and fans are left twisting in the wind on contentious decisions and even more so, it would be good to hear them admit their mistakes if they have been conned by a dive or got a big call wrong. I think this would enforce a level of accountability because they will be challenged in a public forum and hopefully help guide their decisions in the sense of that they will need to justify their calls and guesswork won't be good enough. 

Benny Klack

Got to laugh at the Rangers fans getting angry at the game being cancelled - sh1t happens. Both ar5e cheeks feckin love it if there is the merest sniff of a conspiracy - fuelled by their managers who know the press will print any old pi5h they spout.

First lad I heard moaning had a distinct Peterheed accent and was bumping his gums about travel time to get to Dundee.

Zero sympathy ya fan dan - support your local team. 

JDK2020
29 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Got to laugh at the Rangers fans getting angry at the game being cancelled - sh1t happens. Both ar5e cheeks feckin love it if there is the merest sniff of a conspiracy - fuelled by their managers who know the press will print any old pi5h they spout.

First lad I heard moaning had a distinct Peterheed accent and was bumping his gums about travel time to get to Dundee.

What about Hearts supporters who travel to Tynecastle rather than support their local team? 

martoon
3 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

What about Hearts supporters who travel to Tynecastle rather than support their local team? 

That's different. 😄

Tbf, it can hardly be called glory hunting, can it? Take away the fabulous derby record and there's precious little else. 

Admin, 2 stints in the Championship and 12 years without a major trophy tells it's own story.

highlandjambo3
10 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

So your suggesting if a hearts fan (say myself) moves from Edinburgh to inverness at the ripe old age of 40, I should chuck all my prior hearts credentials and support cally thistle?  I think the particular point to note on that post was the “Peeterheed” accent suggested he’s a gloryhunter.  I have no issue with any weeg supporting one of the cheeks if they are from that neck of the woods…..unfortunately many of them couldn’t find ibrox or parkhead with a satnav.  I take great delight in asking cheeks I bump into what part of Glasgow they originate from……the vacant look on their faces as they try to piece together a decent response is great 😀

Benny Klack
7 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

So your suggesting if a hearts fan (say myself) moves from Edinburgh to inverness at the ripe old age of 40, I should chuck all my prior hearts credentials and support cally thistle?  I think the particular point to note on that post was the “Peeterheed” accent suggested he’s a gloryhunter.  I have no issue with any weeg supporting one of the cheeks if they are from that neck of the woods…..unfortunately many of them couldn’t find ibrox or parkhead with a satnav.  I take great delight in asking cheeks I bump into what part of Glasgow they originate from……the vacant look on their faces as they try to piece together a decent response is great 😀

This response catches it in a nutshell 👍

Hmfc1965
35 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Fair enough but if he's got a ticket for Dens Park there's a fair possibility he attends Ibrox too.

SectionDJambo
3 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Dundee really need looked at so many games called off , 

I'm in dundee left for work at 7am rain hasn't been on much more than a slight drizzle since then ,plenty time to fork ,drain the surface. 

Pitch must have the worst drainage in scottish football.

Their pitch really has a problem with water. Their game against Motherwell, at the start of the season, looked to be a farce with puddles all, over the place. Our first game up there was in some jeopardy due to heavy rain right before the scheduled start. Wish it had been postponed, mind.

I can't remember them having this issue before. New pitch badly laid maybe?

The Treasurer

Regardless of the fact that it's sevco, it's another case of Scottish football fans being shafted and not taken into consideration 

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, j1964m said:

The pitch does look unplayable 

IMG_0005.jpeg

🤣🤣

Harry Potter
16 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Regardless of the fact that it's sevco, it's another case of Scottish football fans being shafted and not taken into consideration 

Spot on.

boag1874

It’s funny cause it’s sevco but Dundee really need to face some questions about their pitch, far too often it’s causing call offs this season. Believe that it’s the only professional game in the full UK called off this weekend, that’s an utter embarrassment.

Seaside Dave
1 hour ago, j1964m said:

IMG_0005.jpeg

Scandalous behaviour that. Surely couple of pokes with the fork would drain that in no time 🤣

DG_HMFC

No top flight game should ever be postponed, unless it's severe weather that's caused disruption. 

Dens obviously has a drainage issue and they should be punished for having a surface not fit for purpose.

JDK2020
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I never suggested anything, I asked a question. 

JDK2020
1 hour ago, martoon said:

That's different. 😄

Tbf, it can hardly be called glory hunting, can it? Take away the fabulous derby record and there's precious little else. 

Admin, 2 stints in the Championship and 12 years without a major trophy tells it's own story.

🤩

WeeToonJambo
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

Their pitch really has a problem with water. Their game against Motherwell, at the start of the season, looked to be a farce with puddles all, over the place. Our first game up there was in some jeopardy due to heavy rain right before the scheduled start. Wish it had been postponed, mind.

I remember, more than 30 years ago, driving from Campbeltown to Dundee for a game, (400 mile round trip) only to find on arriving in Dundee that the game had been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.  As far as I can remember it was the only game called off that day, so not a new problem.

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Fair enough but if he's got a ticket for Dens Park there's a fair possibility he attends Ibrox too.

True…..still a glory hunting hun though.

highlandjambo3
44 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

I never suggested anything, I asked a question. 

Ok fair enough…….so a answer your own question then, what do you think someone who has moved away from their childhood club should do regarding supporting a club?

WeeToonJambo
2 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

Using myself as an example, I live in Glasgow, but was born in Edinburgh, lived in Penicuik until I was 17 and supported Hearts since I was 8 years old.  I moved to Argyll for work, travelled to games regularly and, after I retired, went to every game home and away, travelling from Campbeltown (4 hour drive to Tynecastle).  My three children (all grown up now) were brought up supporting Hearts and one is a season ticket holder.  I'm a season ticket holder, FOH member and shareholder.  I live a mile from Ibrox, my "local club".  Should I forget my 67 years of supporting Hearts and support Rangers instead?  Not all of us are glory hunters!

highlandjambo3
12 minutes ago, WeeToonJambo said:

Using myself as an example, I live in Glasgow, but was born in Edinburgh, lived in Penicuik until I was 17 and supported Hearts since I was 8 years old.  I moved to Argyll for work, travelled to games regularly and, after I retired, went to every game home and away, travelling from Campbeltown (4 hour drive to Tynecastle).  My three children (all grown up now) were brought up supporting Hearts and one is a season ticket holder.  I'm a season ticket holder, FOH member and shareholder.  I live a mile from Ibrox, my "local club".  Should I forget my 67 years of supporting Hearts and support Rangers instead?  Not all of us are glory hunters!

There are jambos all over the planet, some can get to games quite often, some not so much.  I’d never support any other team, I’m only 3hrs away but only manage to get to an about 5-6 games a *year.  I love where our club are at, I’ve hated the tightrope years when we almost fell, I never want to go there again, I’m proud of what the supporters have done for our club, only other jambos get this.  There is no other club like our, I love spending “club” money on merch for my grandkids, love eating in the skyline all smug in the knowledge that every bit helps.

* not including semi/cup finals here….ill burn my guesthouse down to get to these 😂😂

oh….forgot to say FTH…….love their funniness and futile attempts to copy us….hobonomics is hilarious as well 😀😀….hibsing it, derby record…..etc….etc

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

No top flight game should ever be postponed, unless it's severe weather that's caused disruption. 

Dens obviously has a drainage issue and they should be punished for having a surface not fit for purpose.

I get what you're saying but they'd have to start by setting standards for laying and maintaining pitches and then somehow auditing that all 12 pitches meet their standard before they could penalise a club for falling short.

Without that, Dundee's defence, that there was twice as much overnight rain as forecast, would, for want of a better phrase, hold water.

Canscot
4 hours ago, j1964m said:

IMG_0005.jpeg

They could always rent it out to the local water polo team!

3 minutes ago, Canscot said:

The horses might drown. 

McNelly15
5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The horses might drown. 

Hmmm horses aren't used in water polo buddy !!!

1 minute ago, McNelly15 said:

Really?? I never knew that. 

henrysmithsgloves
28 minutes ago, McNelly15 said:

:notsure:

cookieboy
5 hours ago, OTT said:

Can I just say that although we've had our problems with Don Robertson, him getting in front of a camera and explaining his decision is a good thing. 

Given the role match officials have in the game, they should be giving post match interviews too. Managers end up being expected to explain the referees decisions and fans are left twisting in the wind on contentious decisions and even more so, it would be good to hear them admit their mistakes if they have been conned by a dive or got a big call wrong. I think this would enforce a level of accountability because they will be challenged in a public forum and hopefully help guide their decisions in the sense of that they will need to justify their calls and guesswork won't be good enough. 

this

5 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

and this 

jamboozy
46 minutes ago, Tazio said:

They get snorkels now.😐

Malinga the Swinga
4 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

More likely club cutting costs with ground staff being reduced and liberties being taken with job.

They're desperate to move, although that's pie in the sky, and aren't willing to spend anything on that dung heap called Dens Park.

Mikey1874

Council meeting to consider the Dundee new stadium is 12 August. So probably 2 more seasons at Dens Park. 

The Treasurer
4 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Transfer embargo until they have facilities that meet a minimum criteria. Same goes for all clubs, including those with inferior plastic pitches 

JDK2020
4 hours ago, WeeToonJambo said:

I never suggested you were. I'm casting no aspersions on any Jambos. Somebody made a comment and I asked them a question.

JDK2020
4 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Ok fair enough…….so a answer your own question then, what do you think someone who has moved away from their childhood club should do regarding supporting a club?

I never asked that question. I asked somebody who disparaged fans who did not support their local teams, "did that include Hearts fans?".

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, JDK2020 said:

I never asked that question. I asked somebody who disparaged fans who did not support their local teams, "did that include Hearts fans?".

TBF, the original post implied Peterheid accent hun was a local of no previous or any Glasgow connection.

Thus, a glory hunter.

part_time_jambo
9 hours ago, Benny Klack said:

Would you support Peterhead?

Benny Klack
14 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Would you support Peterhead?

Maybe, maybe not. I’d probably support one of the many teams in the area and not a team from hundreds of miles away who win all the time 👍

JDK2020
27 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

TBF, the original post implied Peterheid accent hun was a local of no previous or any Glasgow connection.

Thus, a glory hunter.

Same could be said for the Hearts fan who moved to Glasgow and his kids now also support Hearts? No doubt they sound like Weegies : what about them? 😃

Should they be rolling up to Ibrox every other week?

JDK2020
1 minute ago, Benny Klack said:

Maybe, maybe not. I’d probably support one of the many teams in the area and not a team from hundreds of miles away who win all the time 👍

Thing is football fans generate millions for the economy not only through tickets but by travel. How many bus companies - and their employees - are sustained by travelling fans (thank feck!)?

Thousands of fans travel huge distances for their team's home games, distances that most fans wouldn't contemplate travelling for away matches. 

At a time when football in this country is arguably failing, through a combination of incompetent administrators and seemingly indifferent boards of directors, thank feck that fans bother to turn up at all.

They can't all be glory hunters.

Benny Klack

How many OF buses travel to Glasgow every week from provincial Scottish towns as their local teams struggle to survive?

Loads.

I have more sympathy for those clubs than admiration for those brave souls travelling from Dumfries / Elgin / Dundee and the likes to boost a bus companies (and OF teams) profits.

Maybe just me.

martoon
9 hours ago, Canscot said:

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

The horses might drown. 

9 hours ago, McNelly15 said:

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

8 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

:notsure:

8 hours ago, jamboozy said:

They get snorkels now.😐

Ffs.

That's one of my five a day (daily laughs) taken care of.

🤪😄

henrysmithsgloves
40 minutes ago, martoon said:

Ffs.

🤪😄

🤣🤣👍🏻

John Findlay
5 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

Same could be said for the Hearts fan who moved to Glasgow and his kids now also support Hearts? No doubt they sound like Weegies : what about them? 😃

Naw, Firhill😉

Tommy Brown
6 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

??

If they live in Glasgow, there would be no argument in supporting Rantic.

Once a Jambo, always a Jambo though.

So unlikely.

jamboozy
5 hours ago, martoon said:

Ffs.

🤪😄

I love it on here at times.:lol: