*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

2 hours ago, beaver said:

Clement just uttered the famous words “ They are a team with a bigger budget than us” 😂😂😂

Aye just seen that on SSN just now, suck it up prick, and welcome to disparity.

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ricardo Quaresma
2 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

From whats been posted, I think it scuppers whoever wins the league next season as they'll not go straight into the Champions League groups the following season...but whoever gets 3rd or wins the Cup is still guaranteed at least Conference League groups. Shame it'll likely affect the bigot brothers the most :smuggy:

It could affect us more in following seasons if Scottish teams don't do well in Europe next season.

No, this Season; no CL GS for OF with immediate effect, should Viktoria get 2 more points, maybe 1, in the ECL QF

:smuggy:

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

No, this Season; no CL GS for OF with immediate effect, should Viktoria get 2 more points, maybe 1, in the ECL QF

:smuggy:

Wrong I'm afraid. 25/26 no automatic CL GS, 24/25 still 1 automatic place.

Ricardo Quaresma
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

By my reckoning, Plezen's draw tonight only adds 0.25 to the Czech coefficient, leaving them still 0.25 behind Scotland.

However, the Czech side only need a draw in either leg of their quarter final to move ahead of Scotland in the rankings and the starting points in season 25/26.  Lets hope they draw Liverpool or similar.

As others have said it doesn't really affect Scotland's 3rd place/Cup winners qualifying prospects until Scotland drops below 12th, although Scotland's coefficient starting point next season will be 16th.

Edit: Ignore the current country rankings down the left side

image.thumb.png.f0800615383c1ae6d613c8b7e002fb8d.png

That's confirmed, yes

Any idea what happens if Viktoria Plzeň score only 1 point more and both Countries on 36.050?

Is it bagsies and Scotland keep 10th, or Czechs best most recent score?

Something else?

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Wrong I'm afraid. 25/26 no automatic CL GS, 24/25 still 1 automatic place.

Really? You think?

Jamboross
Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

That's confirmed, yes

Any idea what happens if Viktoria Plzeň score only 1 point more and both Countries on 36.050?

Is it bagsies and Scotland keep 10th, or Czechs best most recent score?

Something else?

Czech's would move above us as their score this season is significantly better than ours. 

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Czech's would move above us as their score this season is significantly better than ours. 

I hope so; is that a UEFA rule?

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Really? You think?

No, I know. The qualifying places for 24/25 are set before the current season starts

Edited by XB52

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

No, I know. The qualifying places for 24/25 are set before the current season srarts

they're not final yet, the scores aren't in

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

they're not final yet

Yes they are

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Yes they are

It's not even the QFs yet

Jamboross
3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I hope so; is that a UEFA rule?

Aye - "In the case of equal coefficients, the UEFA administration takes a final decision on the order of the rankings, taking into consideration the individual coefficients of the most recent season". 

Even if they don't finish above us this season it's just delaying the inevitable. Can't see either Rangers or Celtic performing well in CL next season and we'll likely contribute very little either. 

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Aye - "In the case of equal coefficients, the UEFA administration takes a final decision on the order of the rankings, taking into consideration the individual coefficients of the most recent season". 

Even if they don't finish above us this season it's just delaying the inevitable. Can't see either Rangers or Celtic performing well in CL next season and we'll likely contribute very little either. 

Barry 👍

Footballfirst

The way I remember how the end of season coefficients work is by successive numbers, i.e. 23 24 25 26. So season 23/24 sets the entry points for 25/26.

Similarly, the ranking at the end of 22/23 set entry points for next season 24/25. 

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The way I remember how the end of season coefficients work is by successive numbers, i.e. 23 24 25 26. So season 23/24 sets the entry points for 25/26.

Similarly, the ranking at the end of 22/23 set entry points for next season 24/25. 

That's not the way I remember it, but it seems ominously like those buggers will trash the coffecient next season in the CL, if that's the case

8 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It's not even the QFs yet

Pretty sure you're just taking the pish now so I'm out. 

Footballfirst
14 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

they're not final yet

12 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Yes they are

Because of the change in format for the CL (36 teams), two places are still up for grabs for next season's competition.

UEFA are reserving an extra two group stage places for the two highest ranking nations on this season's national coefficient alone. Currently Italy and Germany hold these places, with England closing in on 2nd place. England still has 5 teams involved to Germany's 3, so are likely to overtake them. That means that England and Italy will have 5 teams in the CL. (or so Spurs and Villa are hoping).

Here are the up to date positions.

image.png.f1e8b059dad061fe0aff85d6971f8319.png

Edited by Footballfirst

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Pretty sure you're just taking the pish now so I'm out. 

Charming, once you saw you had reassurance 🤣🤣

Ricardo Quaresma
5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Because of the change in format for the CL (36 teams), two places are still up for grabs for next season's competition.

UEFA are reserving an extra two group stage places for the two highest ranking nations on this season's national coefficient alone. Currently Italy and Germany hold these places, with England closing in on 2nd place. England still has 5 teams involved to Germany's 3, so are likely to overtake them. That means that England and Italy will have 5 teams in the CL. (or so Spurs and Villa are hoping).

Yes, pretty sure england are already counting theirs as 'in the bag'

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yes, pretty sure england are already counting theirs as 'in the bag'

England would already have overtaken Germany if Leverkusen hadn't scored their two goals in stoppage time tonight

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

England would already have overtaken Germany if Leverkusen hadn't scored their two goals in stoppage time tonight

👍

Mikey1874
19 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Another analysis of this

JimmyCant

Guarda breathing a sigh of relief that the nightmare scenario bloodbath Europa final is no longer possible

9 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Charming, once you saw you had reassurance 🤣🤣

??I've not got a clue what you're rambling about now. I corrected you that the Scottish champions definitely go into the CL group stages next season. I presumed that you were just been funny, pretending you didn't understand. If you were actually being serious then I'm surprised you know how to use the internet

9 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I know there are 2 extra places up for grabs. I was replying to the poster who thought the Scottish league winners weren't guaranteed a CL group place next season as below

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

??I've not got a clue what you're rambling about now. I corrected you that the Scottish champions definitely go into the CL group stages next season. I presumed that you w ere just been funny, pretending you didn't understand. If you were actually being serious then I'm surprised you know how to use the internet

Ok, pal, you're a very decent poster and I have no issue, but you were very abstract with your first reply

I've looked at the whole thing and despite the new format the 'buffer' year delay is still in effect, as far as I can tell, but you would have got an acknowledgement of that soon enough

But you decided to bring vulgarity into the conversation in a one to one discussion, now you're trying to deny that you didn't respond at the particular time because FootballFirst, who is trusted to be up-to-date on here in these matters, interjected

I make it very obvious if I'm being funny and I know how to use the Internet more than the vast majority of this board, 99.99% easy

You don't need to introduce words like 'pish' into what was until then a civil conversation

Ricardo Quaresma
11 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I know there are 2 extra places up for grabs. I was replying to the poster who thought the Scottish league winners weren't guaranteed a CL group place next season as below

That is as I understand it, still the case, yes, as it is an independent process

HopeDiouf
16 minutes ago, XB52 said:

your wasting your time mate.  We all know he's wrong, but he'll never admit it.  As you've rightly stated, next seasons places already decided, based on position at end of last season.

Edited by HopeDiouf

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

your wasting your time mate.  We all know he's wrong, but he'll never admit it.  As you've rightly stated, next seasons places already decided, based on position at end of last season.

Jeez, why don't you have a look up the way :rofl:

2 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

I've honestly not got a clue what his problem is but I've given up now.

HopeDiouf
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

I've honestly not got a clue what his problem is but I've given up now.

👍

Jim_Duncan
32 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Ok, pal, you're a very decent poster and I have no issue, but you were very abstract with your first reply

I've looked at the whole thing and despite the new format the 'buffer' year delay is still in effect, as far as I can tell, but you would have got an acknowledgement of that soon enough

But you decided to bring vulgarity into the conversation in a one to one discussion, now you're trying to deny that you didn't respond at the particular time because FootballFirst, who is trusted to be up-to-date on here in these matters, interjected

I make it very obvious if I'm being funny and I know how to use the Internet more than the vast majority of this board, 99.99% easy

You don't need to introduce words like 'pish' into what was until then a civil conversation

:cornette_dog:

:rofl: 

:mel:

Ricardo Quaresma
6 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

:cornette_dog:

:rofl: 

:mel:

What, gotta take it as it rolls, that's how it rolled 🤣

leipzig76
21 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

No, that's not quite what's going on

Viktoria still in ECL

Meant the two Prague teams Ricardo 

Mister T

Jackie Macnamara looks and talks like he sells badly welded cars with sawdust and treacle in their gearboxes. He's no Swiss Tony.

Edited by Mister T

Watt-Zeefuik
20 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

That's not the way I remember it, but it seems ominously like those buggers will trash the coffecient next season in the CL, if that's the case

So it's time to stop depending on them and rack up some coefficient points on our own.

rmreido

What's with picture quality on BBC Scotland, it was the same for our cup game with Morton.....its ### ing brutal.

Had to switch to i player, clear as day.

Ricardo Quaresma
6 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

So it's time to stop depending on them and rack up some coefficient points on our own.

Something I was going to post, yes

It fits with reports on here, FWTW, that the board are commiting funds and effort into strengthening the Team and Squad, in terms of Quality and Depth

Other countries are benefitting hugely from ECL points and we've got to be good enough to Qualify or, say, get from EL Q2 to EL Q4, so we'll get GS Football and the points it yields

Cautiously optimistic

martoon
9 minutes ago, rmreido said:

What's with picture quality on BBC Scotland, it was the same for our cup game with Morton.....its ### ing brutal.

Had to switch to i player, clear as day.

Aye.

I've gone on to the BBC Scotland HD (freeview 106) and it's much better.

Interesting two players go into a high foot challenge.   No booking by referee.   Not the case with Dickinson the other night.    Booked two separate challenges. 

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, martoon said:

Dunfermline 1 Dungeon-ited 0.

Oh

martoon
3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Oh

Michael Stewart's way of saying it.

And others. 😊