Hearts Fans From Outside Scotland

CARDIFFBOY

Curious to see from which areas outside Scotland Hearts fans will be travelling from next season so thought I would start this thread. I will be travelling from Cardiff either by plane or car and will be aiming to attend as many home games as possible once fans are allowed back in. Let me know where you will be travelling from so we can gauge how widespread the support of Heart Of Midlothian FC has become? Also, for any fans also travelling from Wales there may be a possibility of sharing lifts in order to keep costs down. Thanks in advance, Terry. HHGH. Hearts, and only Hearts. 

Edited by CARDIFFBOY

There will be one or two travelling up from Swansea - I used to do that BUT there’s no chance that any will be stopping in ‘little england’ en route!! Windows closed, doors locked .... ‘Jack Army’ passing by!

Ronald Villiers

I used to sit near a season ticket holder from Northampton.  He used to travel up to pretty much every game, including mid week.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Liverpool, Gave my season ticket up before last season as it was becoming a brutal 11 hour round trip ever other weekend and I started feeling peeved that they kept arranging derbies for midweek.

Still get up when I can but 100% wont be at the semi in October.  

Travel up from Peterborough. Dead easy on the train, bit of a grind in the car. Midweekers are pretty much out unfortunately.

I live near Brussels and fly in from Charleroi.

There are about 20  supporters  associated with Brussels Hearts, some with season tickets.

I try to get across for at least 10 games a season

davemclaren
1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

There are about 20  supporters  associated with Brussels Hearts, some with season tickets.

Might be fun and games that for a while. 😳

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Might be fun and games that for a while. 😳

We are always looking for various air bridges

Amsterdam, Düsseldorf and they have opened a route up from more Luxembourg recently.

Eurotunnel and drive as a last resort

Belgian clubs are well into their preseason friendlies and not just the Jupiter league

Frustrating to say the least

I chatted to a couple of guys from Leeds (father and son I think) in Diggers before a match last season. They try to tavel up to home games as often as possible. Also, there's a group who come down from Orkney two or three times a season .

J.T.F.Robertson
41 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Travel up from Peterborough. Dead easy on the train, bit of a grind in the car. Midweekers are pretty much out unfortunately.

Dunkeys ago when I was based in Great Yarmouth, I would do the GY/Norwich/Peterborough/Edinburgh train trip, every Friday. Would take around 9 hours if I remember. Did the reverse on the Monday.

Used to be ST holder, 400 mile round trip from Yorkshire. Jobs and families put a stop to it. 

Now I just make a couple of games a season when I can and ST for my local team. 

Travel from Tunbridge Wells. Season ticket holder. Average 6 games a season. The motto for the town of Tunbridge Wells? “Doubt Not”. Appropriate I think. 

1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Fair play to you for your efforts to support Hearts, seems that the Maroon and White army is spread far and wide! 

Edited by CARDIFFBOY

swindonjambo1

Me and my son both season ticket holders leave home in London at 4am and drive back down after the game 

2 minutes ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Fair play to you for your efforts to support Hearts, seems that the Maroon and White army is spread far and wide! 

We are always happy to welcome and meet any Hearts supporters visiting Brussels.  We follow a local team called Molenbeek and would be happy to take you to a match.

Great atmosphere and you can have a beer during the game

heatonjambo

Former season ticket holder in Newcastle 

had to give it up to support my daughters developing netball career.

mr taxi driver sadly

Kudos to you all. Makes my moaning about getting back to Musselburgh at half 6 every week look well dramatic.

TyphoonJambo
49 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Dunkeys ago when I was based in Great Yarmouth, I would do the GY/Norwich/Peterborough/Edinburgh train trip, every Friday. Would take around 9 hours if I remember. Did the reverse on the Monday.

I used to do similar fron Coltishall near Norwich. Returned Sunday afternoon but one week, train works, meant a 17 hour trip. The last 4 hours in a taxi from Peterbrough, via a refugee detention centre in Cambridgeshire, to Norwich. Knackered. 

In Spain now so best i can do is 4 or 5 games a year. 

When i lived in Vegas i always left the strip early if the match was on hearts tv, early being about 4am.

Edited by TypoonJambo

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

I'm in Sheffield.  Usually get to at least a couple of games a season.  Used to be more when my parents were still alive, as tried to get a regular visit up.  These always coincided with a home game (a fact my mother never failed to comment on!). 

When I've got a free Satruday I go non-League.  Hallam FC are only a 20 minute walk from here.  2nd oldest club in the world, play at the oldest ground (Sandygate Park), £5 to get in and an excellent clubhouse. The football's often quite entertaining.  (And they're very welcoming to visitors, if any of you are ever down this way).

SM Sheffield

We had season tickets in Sheffield but I had to give them up a few years ago due to the cost of travel. I’m not earning as much as I was and it’s 5 hours each way travel time too. We still get to a number of games a season

jambo east anglia
25 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I used to do similar fron Coltishall near Norwich. Returned Sunday afternoon but one week, train works, meant a 17 hour trip. The last 4 hours in a taxi from Peterbrough, via a refugee detention centre in Cambridgeshire, to Norwich. Knackered. 

In Spain now so best i can do is 4 or 5 games a year. 

When i lived in Vegas i always left the strip early if the match was on hearts tv, early being about 4am.

I live near RAF Coltishall _ which is sadly no more as you probably know.  Imade it to two games last season - train from Norwich via Peterborough.

Portable Badger

ST holder for more years than I care to admit - 20+ yrs flying from/to London for most home games and some away games. Even managed several midweek games by flying up and catching the Caley Sleeper so I would be back in London first thing.

When living in Malaysia for 3yrs and Denver for 4yrs I still managed to get to 6-7 games a season.

Hardest slog I’ve had following Hearts has been since I moved to Inverness - 7 to 8 hr round trip

TyphoonJambo
15 minutes ago, jambo east anglia said:

I live near RAF Coltishall _ which is sadly no more as you probably know.  Imade it to two games last season - train from Norwich via Peterborough.

Loved it there, fantastic area. HMP now i believe😢. Bet they had to spend some money on it to get ut acceptable to refugees and crooks. 

jambo-in-furness

There are around a dozen guys I meet regularly on the train up from and back to Brum getting on and off at various stops,  once you’ve done a few trips you will get to recognise some,  (not all wear the colours) I usually get on and off at Oxenhome and drive the rest of the journey to Barrow.   

wheatfield to sheffield

Used to be able to get to to quite a lot of games from Sheffield, sometimes with AGW. In that London now and didn't get to a single game last season, was about to travel for the Motherwell game in March but had to go into quarantine. Very sad to have a blank season. Even managed one or two games in each of the two seasons when we were living in Kathmandu 

wheatfield to sheffield
1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

We are always happy to welcome and meet any Hearts supporters visiting Brussels.  We follow a local team called Molenbeek and would be happy to take you to a match.

Great atmosphere and you can have a beer during the game

I thought Molenbeek went bust? I've been able to get to a couple of Anderlecht games when I've been in Brussels, it was great. But maybe I was just being a glory hunter!

I have to endure a 10 minute round trip every home game, from Robbie Ave, actually even longer when I factor in the diversion to the pub for pre and post match refreshments.  PHM I am!

Train back to york each week..lads get off at Berwick upon tweed..Alnmouth..Morpeth..Newcastle..few in York..couple head to Doncaster..

23 minutes ago, wheatfield to sheffield said:

I thought Molenbeek went bust? I've been able to get to a couple of Anderlecht games when I've been in Brussels, it was great. But maybe I was just being a glory hunter!

They are back and will play in the league below the Jupiler  this season.

Been in London for the past 3.5 years. I barely missed a home game for 20+ years (and had barely missed a derby home and away as well for many years) before moving here so it's quite hard following online instead. Made it to seven games last season (would have been 9 or 10 had it not been for season being cut short) and went to 10+ the year before that. I'd like to get to more in the future as it's not the same following from afar. 

Son was a STH for many years until he emigrated to New Zealand. Tries to return every 2 years so he can see the Hobos game at New Year. His latest email - " Got to win the Championship so I can attend the game at Xmas/New Year 2021/22" 

That's a 25,000 mile round trip

South East for me now - season ticket renewed and upgraded [but tbh with scottish football becoming an even smellier cesspit I’m wondering if this should be the last], I don't  get to many games. But it’s the best feeling in the world having that season ticket in your pocket knowing that if you are in Edinburgh and Hearts are playing you can attend!

Usually fly from Heathrow although did the May 2019 cup final by train.
Previously used to drive (up Friday & back Sunday) and stay over with family but they’re all dead now so that’s not an option!

Can’t see me making many games this season BUT last seasons SC Semi and final would be a must as would this seasons!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Totally amazing, fantastic fans who, to put it mildly, will go the extra mile for Hearts. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys in and around Tynecastle. Here's to 20/21and Hearts back where they belong, SPL. HHGH  

Hearts, and only Hearts. 

Tokyo Drifter
4 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Great bunch. Met some Belgian Hearts fans on a bus on the way to a Euro game years ago. They'd just flown in. Good effort. They were actually Belgian, too! 

NYC baby :653: 

Make it home a couple of times a year (not this year obviously) and usually catch around half a dozen games.

Really looking forward to getting back, hopefully sooner rather than later 👍

GeordieM1969

Similar to heatonjambo, former season ticket holder ('95-'07) living in Newcastle for nearly 30 years. Moved down here in '91 having gone to games regularly since '81. Used to leave here for matches around midday, 2.5 hours or so drive up depending on A1, park up at Chesser, get into ground approx 10 mins before kick off (sometimes cutting it even finer depending on traffic ! ). 90 minutes of doing what I loved to do ... cheering on the Jam Tarts. Then pop in to see Mum and Dad in East Craigs for 45 mins after the match before driving back down ..... and ready to go out in the toon with my wife around 8:30 ! Gave this up for family / 3 kids. But always keeping an eye on results and developments. Have had kids up to a few games in the last couple of years. Now seriously mulling over whether to fully start up with the "madness" again ... maybe with at least 1 of the kids in tow ? Despite the frequent knockdowns and the clear futility of the Scottish game, in football there is Only Hearts for me.

Exile fae Main Street

Essex for me now having lived in various parts of SE England. When I first moved down South 33 years ago I used to average a dozen games a season. Decided after seeing us lift the Cup for the 1st time in 1998 which coincided with my 2nd Son later hat year and my now ex-wife putting her foot down, I decided to bow out at the top as it were and stop going to live games. Have been to Tynie once since then, to take my Son, though I do intend going with him to the Cup semi, Covid permitting. Age, marriages, health, not necessarily in that order, though since 1956 Hearts have won the Cup less than certain domestic arrangements I've been party to, have taken their toll, though I have been a FOH member since day 1, and my football minded Son is the proud owner of a fine collection of Hearts tops. Will certainly be back to Tynie to sample the new Stand, though I fear Scottish football has been dead on it's feet since Sky TV started pumping their millions into English football. Only Hearts for me though first and only lasting love, present marriage excepted.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Haringshairband said:

Interesting thread. Some PHM on here. I'm a 45 min drive away.

Me too, but 3.6 days on the 44 bus. 

Saudi for me, but trips will be few and far between unfortunately until I finish the mob in 3 years.

14 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Probably took you as long to get from GY to Peterborough as it did to get from Peterborough to Edinburgh!!

Ballitojambo

I must be one of the more distant season ticket holders, takes 3 flights to attend , last over year past march to see us lose to in the derby, although the diggers after the game

was great despite the result, ticket is used by family for anyone thinking im wasting a seat.😀

lisburnjambo

A number of us hope to get over this year from the newly formed Ulster Hearts SC. Can’t wait to get over- for some it will be the first time at tynie. 

HHGH

On 28/07/2020 at 17:53, BelgeJambo said:

Great effort!

Are you from Belgium or just live there? And what made you support Hearts?

Originally from the Borders

been in Belgium for 14 years now.

dad is a Hearts Supporter, brother is Rangers, so I thought more chance he will take me to games if I support Hearts 😂

Edited by BelgeJambo