Boycott Away Grounds.

maroonlegions

I wouldn’t even consider giving any other club a penny after everything that’s happened.  I couldn't bring myself to hand over cash to a club like raith rovers now.

Its easy for me to do as I’ve got plenty of other things to do in my life rather than pay money to these clubs, unfortunately it’s not as easy for other fans. 

Hopefully the government keeps fans away from stadiums for as long as possible anyway, would love to see clubs die. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• communist

• Pasquale for King

• maroonlegions

• Chuck Berry

Geoff Kilpatrick
31 minutes ago, Shanks said:

I wouldn’t even consider giving any other club a penny after everything that’s happened.  I couldn't bring myself to hand over cash to a club like raith rovers now.

Its easy for me to do as I’ve got plenty of other things to do in my life rather than pay money to these clubs, unfortunately it’s not as easy for other fans. 

Hopefully the government keeps fans away from stadiums for as long as possible anyway, would love to see clubs die. 

This. I want total fecking carnage.

1 hour ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

As I’ve already said in these threads if these clubs don’t balance the books they’ve only one recourse to stop them going under, the bank accounts of their directors. The only club whose books I looked at (Raith) conformed this with the guy that owns the club (an expat 70 year old accountant living in Bangkok) bailing them out several times in the last published financial year report (18/19).

If the thought that the act of Hearts fans staying away from the likes of East End and Starks Park forces their numbskull directors to personally empty their bank accounts doesn’t persuade you it’s worth boycotting then I don’t know what will.

Val McDiarmid chips in a few bob every now and again to depending on the book sales.

SectionDJambo
3 hours ago, Shanks said:

It’s very sad that it’s come to this, but that’s what they’ve driven us to. Wee, would be, bullies running to the big bully to clipe about somebody who has done them no harm, just so they can feel important.

I was really looking forward to travelling around the country, following Hearts again, after retiring from a job that prevented me doing what I’d done before, from a boy to about 50 years old.

This spiteful damage to my club, by these minions, has burst any thought of me doing it. Only Hearts.

4 hours ago, Shanks said:

I see one huge problem on the horizon and that’s those very same clubs getting together to pronounce they are unable to start the league and want it put back until January, the SPFL allowed them to decide to change the amount of games and I can see 4 or 5 of them trying the same tactic again and there seems to be nothing we can do as others in the top league will see a chance to cancel relegation, We have absolutely no friends on the board and as with the training fiasco no one really cares enough 

4 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

I see one huge problem on the horizon and that’s those very same clubs getting together to pronounce they are unable to start the league and want it put back until January, the SPFL allowed them to decide to change the amount of games and I can see 4 or 5 of them trying the same tactic again and there seems to be nothing we can do as others in the top league will see a chance to cancel relegation, We have absolutely no friends on the board and as with the training fiasco no one really cares enough 

I think it’s more likely than not that the championship will not start this season.

SectionDJambo
7 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

I think that could be the point at which Hearts go back to the Court of Session. This time to claim compensation for lack of duty of care on the part of the SPFL, and it’s JRG, to make sure that we had the same opportunity to trade as the Premiership clubs.

It must be inconceivable that we can be voted by the clubs into an environment where we are then barred from trading. A scenario like that is prejudicial to the survival of Hearts as a business.

I’m no lawyer, but that scenario can not be regarded as legally acceptable, surely. 

2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I think that could be the point at which Hearts go back to the Court of Session. This time to claim compensation for lack of duty of care on the part of the SPFL, and it’s JRG, to make sure that we had the same opportunity to trade as the Premiership clubs.

It must be inconceivable that we can be voted by the clubs into an environment where we are then barred from trading. A scenario like that is prejudicial to the survival of Hearts as a business.

I’m no lawyer, but that scenario can not be regarded as legally acceptable, surely. 

Pretty sure that route has been slammed shut on us. 

SectionDJambo
Just now, hmfc1984 said:

Pretty sure that route has been slammed shut on us. 

You’re probably right, but if Hearts’ source of trading income is shut off through the SPFL or JRG only focusing on getting 12 clubs trading, that cannot be sustainable, legally, surely.

What’s to stop them continually cancelling promotion for years, if they want to, if there is no further legal option? They’ve already shown the deceit and spite that they are capable of.

4 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

You’re probably right, but if Hearts’ source of trading income is shut off through the SPFL or JRG only focusing on getting 12 clubs trading, that cannot be sustainable, legally, surely.

What’s to stop them continually cancelling promotion for years, if they want to, if there is no further legal option? They’ve already shown the deceit and spite that they are capable of.

Not disagreeing with your concerns but I genuinely don't think the spfl cares. It is just an anomaly that one of Scottish bigger clubs have ended up in the championship during an unprecedented pandemic. 

The spfl survival is based on dividing fans against each other. We are the current hated club so that has meant other clubs have forgotten about the inadequacy of the spfl and focused on directing their hate towards us. 

14 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

Not disagreeing with your concerns but I genuinely don't think the spfl cares. It is just an anomaly that one of Scottish bigger clubs have ended up in the championship during an unprecedented pandemic. 

The spfl survival is based on dividing fans against each other. We are the current hated club so that has meant other clubs have forgotten about the inadequacy of the spfl and focused on directing their hate towards us. 

That last paragraph hammers it home. 

51 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

Yep I think you’re correct. The next move will be an 18 game season.

These clubs only said they could play based on an assumption that crowds would be allowed back from October.

And because it’s unlikely crowds will be allowed it’s now equally likely football will not be back either!

1 hour ago, qferryjam said:

This is why all clubs should have been canvassed as part of the reconstruction discussion before any decision was made. Clubs should have been offered the get out of mothballing for a season and the viable clubs should have played on. 

And if clubs can't play we should offer to play any teams that can field a side in a mini tournament to ensure there is a champion and that team gets promoted and the runners up contest the play off final against 11th in the Premier league. 

Edited by Anything2

We should boycott all clubs that went against us 

and those clubs that stood by us should have the biggest away hearts support they can accomadate

show the other clubs why they deserve 

57 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Yep I think you’re correct. The next move will be an 18 game season.

These clubs only said they could play based on an assumption that crowds would be allowed back from October.

And because it’s unlikely crowds will be allowed it’s now equally likely football will not be back either!

Yeah that wasn’t what happened. The assumption was crowds would be allowed back in January and an October start would limit the number of games without fans. It was agreec way before the SG or antibody else put provisional or possible dates for fans in grounds. 

10 minutes ago, hammyhouse said:

and those clubs that stood by us should have the biggest away hearts support they can accomadate

I'm still not sure that there is a definitive list of how ever club voted. Some have posted lists but the numbers didn't add up. I think ICT are the only one I'm confident of going to this year and obviously Partick in future seasons. 

SectionDJambo
29 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

This is why all clubs should have been canvassed as part of the reconstruction discussion before any decision was made. Clubs should have been offered the get out of mothballing for a season and the viable clubs should have played on. 

And if clubs can't play we should offer to play any teams that can field a side in a mini tournament to ensure there is a champion and that team gets promoted and the runners up contest the play off final against 11th in the Premier league. 

You’re right.

If only the SPFL had created a Joint Response Group in order to anticipate problems and develop solutions in advance. 🤔 

Such a working party, full of experts with the overall wellbeing of all the clubs at heart, would have been a boon. 
What a minute, though.....😮

2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

You’re right.

If only the SPFL had created a Joint Response Group in order to anticipate problems and develop solutions in advance. 🤔 

Such a working party, full of experts with the overall wellbeing of all the clubs at heart, would have been a boon. 

There's a part of me that wants to see just how far the SPFL would go. If the championship didn't get played this season, would they have the baws to keep us down for 2 years, suspending relegation from the Premier league because as we know when it comes to decision making "there just no alternative" than to shaft Hearts. 

1 hour ago, hammyhouse said:

And in reverse.  I'd honestly be happy if their supporters were given free tickets for Tynie.  This could be revenue neutral if we charged the others £40.

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

And in reverse.  I'd honestly be happy if their supporters were given free tickets for Tynie.  This could be revenue neutral if we charged the others £40.

A fine idea 

really shows our support for those who stood by us assuming we know those clubs

sure we would make news reports if we did this and show up the spfl in their true 

colours 

7 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I understand we need to charge the same prices for equivalent seats.

Surely we could class ICT as a category A game whereby each seat cost a nominal fiver.

Every other game could be category B at £40 for walk-ups or non-ST holders.

Just now, Boof said:

I understand we need to charge the same prices for equivalent seats.

Surely we could class ICT as a category A game whereby each seat cost a nominal fiver.

Every other game could be category B at £40 for walk-ups or non-ST holders.

Perfect.

Walk up price for away fans at Tynecastle £45.

Price of pie and bovril £40

Entry to toilet £15

Lets shaft the diddy bsstards who have been mocking us.

Probably no walk up home fans so no need for price parity.

Edited by stuart500

2 hours ago, Anything2 said:

There's a part of me that wants to see just how far the SPFL would go. If the championship didn't get played this season, would they have the baws to keep us down for 2 years, suspending relegation from the Premier league because as we know when it comes to decision making "there just no alternative" than to shaft Hearts. 

They will deem this just punishment for going to court , there should have been caveats attaches to the start of the season any games not played due to the clubs not being ready should be a 3 nil walkover any remaining games played amongst those able 

I feel really sorry for Dundee.  No lucrative derbies this season and petty-minded Hearts supporters boycotting them just because they shafted us.

Just not fair.  At least they've got a history of bankruptcy so know what to expect.

5 hours ago, qferryjam said:

Job Retention Scheme ends at end of October, so I doubt any club will want to postpone playing after this. They would either have to make their entire workforce redundant or pay them all while receiving no income.

pettigrewsstylist
6 hours ago, qferryjam said:

Keep our subscriptions up, till they come, begging us, to return

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah that wasn’t what happened. The assumption was crowds would be allowed back in January and an October start would limit the number of games without fans. It was agreec way before the SG or antibody else put provisional or possible dates for fans in grounds. 

Ok great I stand corrected thank you!

It’s good news ..... that means there is no reason for the Championship not to start in October as planned. [and if some clubs say they can’t (Having previously said they can) then serious action and sanctions should be taken against them. “Oot the gemme” might be appropriate!]

I still have concerns about the restart, perhaps I’m being over pessimistic driven by current depressing state of affairs in Scottish Football!

5 hours ago, Anything2 said:

I'm still not sure that there is a definitive list of how ever club voted. Some have posted lists but the numbers didn't add up. I think ICT are the only one I'm confident of going to this year and obviously Partick in future seasons. 

ICT are the only Championship club that didn't vote to demote us. 

12 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Ok great I stand corrected thank you!

It’s good news ..... that means there is no reason for the Championship not to start in October as planned. [and if some clubs say they can’t (Having previously said they can) then serious action and sanctions should be taken against them. “Oot the gemme” might be appropriate!]

I still have concerns about the restart, perhaps I’m being over pessimistic driven by current depressing state of affairs in Scottish Football!

I’m unfortunately with you , the way this training fiasco has unfolded tells me we are alone in terms of the top league , teams look on and may think it’s unfair but no one wants to see us prosper the old firm because of their cosy duopoly, the Aberdeen’s and Hibs because we are rivals the rest because other wise we take one of their spots , those in the lower leagues want our cash and need a bigger club in the leagues they have been spoild in recent years Dudee and Utd Hearts Hibs And Rangers, I can see the premier league being a dream for a couple of seasons 

Rocky jamboa

Hopefully find pubs that will stream the away games live. Rub it in the faces of these kents who shafted us to have thousands of Jambos watching the games live.... on tv! 😁 

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Hopefully find pubs that will stream the away games live. Rub it in the faces of these kents who shafted us to have thousands of Jambos watching the games live.... on tv! 😁 

Hopefully streamed to the hospitality suites and bar at Tynecastle park so our money going into our own football club and get the team bus coming back to Tynecastle so the players can join the supporters for aftermatch hospitality 

pettigrewsstylist
17 hours ago, McCrae said:

I think it’s more likely than not that the championship will not start this season.

Aye, by Oct the UK could be under heavy pressure socially. I dont really expect to attend football till 2021/22 and even then i reckon it will be heavily regulated. Suspect we will be in Championship till at least 2022.

Cant see all of Scotlands clubs surviving.

upgotheheads
3 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Aye, by Oct the UK could be under heavy pressure socially. I dont really expect to attend football till 2021/22 and even then i reckon it will be heavily regulated. Suspect we will be in Championship till at least 2022.

Cant see all of Scotlands clubs surviving.

I think that football could be in such a chaotic state that a complete restructuring of football will be required. We might end up with no more that a dozen full-time  professional clubs with a whole pyramid of part-time, semi-pro and amateur teams below that.

Ex member of the SaS

Lets be clear this is just the start. The SPFL will ensure every dodgy decision will go against us, goals will be chalked off for offside when we are clearly on, penalties given for walking into the box etc. Any Hearts fan that can't see we are and will continue to be shafted needs to go to spec savers.

IF ever there was a time for a boycott and even refusing to play the SC game it's now.

EVERY Hearts fans MUST stand up to these cretins.

We will be lucky if a ball is kicked in the Championship this season and due to our initials we won't be promoted. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, but in this case the best isn't very good. So gird your loins and get set for a long hard battle.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

16 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

You’re right.

It’s become increasingly obvious that the JRG main objectives were to find ways to disadvantage Hearts.

Edited by Deevers

pettigrewsstylist
11 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

ICT will be a sell out up there in feb I'd imagine. A pity we're only playing them once away next season

Football admittance could be a very low priority by Feb. 

Once fans are allowed back in, how's about one of these driving around and around the away grounds we're playing at with a poster showing a packed Hearts crowd and the text 'See what you could have had.'

£500 for the reusable poster and £350 for 8 hours driving about.

Petty? Unfeasibly so.

Worth it? Probably not.

https://www.mobilebillboards.co.uk/mobile-billboards/advans/

SectionDJambo
3 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Football admittance could be a very low priority by Feb. 

That's where these nitwits on that JRG are failing miserably. Instead of them, and SPFL gangsters, spending most their time thinking of ways to stop Hearts escaping a demotion, which most of them describe as unfair, whether to take the piss or have an attack of honesty, they should have been working to make sure every club, and player, knew what their responsibilities were, and how best to generate income from fans whilst no spectators are allowed to attend.

Instead, they are making panic decisions, on the hoof, with little regard to the overall game in Scotland. There has been no obvious planning to set in place easy access for online viewing, for anyone who wants to pay for it. How much revenue is not being generated by this catastrophic failure to provide viewing?

The clubs and players seem oblivious to their responsibilities, not to give the SG any reason to doubt the possibility of spectators returning to a well organised regime. If they fail to control their own working environment, how can they be trusted to cope with football spectators who, in many cases, have proven to be incapable of following rules in the past.

This JRG, was set up as a slap in the face for Ann Budge, in that her working group into reconstruction was downgraded, and shown to be of no interest to the cabal, before it got started. It has been a bigger waste of time that the reconstruction group. Chaired by the incompetent and deceitful Petrie, who has spent most of his football life trying to undermine Hearts, with little success. What exactly have they acheived since their first meeting? Only further chaos.

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

That's where these nitwits on that JRG are failing miserably. Instead of them, and SPFL gangsters, spending most their time thinking of ways to stop Hearts escaping a demotion, which most of them describe as unfair, whether to take the piss or have an attack of honesty, they should have been working to make sure every club, and player, knew what their responsibilities were, and how best to generate income from fans whilst no spectators are allowed to attend.

Instead, they are making panic decisions, on the hoof, with little regard to the overall game in Scotland. There has been no obvious planning to set in place easy access for online viewing, for anyone who wants to pay for it. How much revenue is not being generated by this catastrophic failure to provide viewing?

The clubs and players seem oblivious to their responsibilities, not to give the SG any reason to doubt the possibility of spectators returning to a well organised regime. If they fail to control their own working environment, how can they be trusted to cope with football spectators who, in many cases, have proven to be incapable of following rules in the past.

This JRG, was set up as a slap in the face for Ann Budge, in that her working group into reconstruction was downgraded, and shown to be of no interest to the cabal, before it got started. It has been a bigger waste of time that the reconstruction group. Chaired by the incompetent and deceitful Petrie, who has spent most of his football life trying to undermine Hearts, with little success. What exactly have they acheived since their first meeting? Only further chaos.

Whole thing has been shambles for 20 yrs. Mcleish was ignored back then.

Ex member of the SaS
3 hours ago, Boof said:

Once fans are allowed back in, how's about one of these driving around and around the away grounds we're playing at with a poster showing a packed Hearts crowd and the text 'See what you could have had.'

£500 for the reusable poster and £350 for 8 hours driving about.

Petty? Unfeasibly so.

Worth it? Probably not.

https://www.mobilebillboards.co.uk/mobile-billboards/advans/

Great idea, have the billboard wagon blare out away down in gorgie through huge speakers on the roof.

The Old Tolbooth
On 15/08/2020 at 09:48, WDJ87 said:

I fear that's the next dig at us from the SPFL/SFA. I feel they're going to say they cannot allow Hearts ST holders to stream home games.

IPTV it is then 😉

Harry Potter
15 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Great idea, have the billboard wagon blare out away down in gorgie through huge speakers on the roof.

:robboyas:

portobellojambo1

Thread has been going for a while, and I think I posted thoughts on it early on, which were personal thoughts at that stage. But yesterday we eventually managed to get our AGM done for this year, a couple of months after the normal date. Thoughts on travelling formed part of the discussion, and we were initially going with the thought of taking buses to all away games, and letting members decide for themselves which grounds they wanted to go into, with the remainder just staying in the pub. We left it at that but said we'd let all member know. One or two things came up, including potential cost for the club, including when we would eventually be allowed to go back to games and if on board bus distancing could potentially mean having to book two buses, depending on the numbers travelling. Following the conclusion of the AGM we stayed for the rest of the afternoon in the Gorgie Suite, and had a further chat, revolving around negotiating a contract for a new bus provider for this coming season, and spoke with the manager of the hospitality side of HMFC's business. We then took the decision that we will not be running any buses at all for this coming season, including games at Hampden. The one exception we may make is Inverness, in that we will be going to Inverness, either by bus or train. As a club we will take up a number of tables in one of the Gorgie suites and meet together to watch all the away games. As an afternoon I'd like to thank HMFC, the facilities and service in the Gorgie Suite yesterday were excellent, the suite was very busy, with plenty of distancing and they must have made a few bob. In addition to what the PHSC members spent on drink yesterday we also made a donation of £556 to HMFC, representing the two cheques we previously gave them for tickets for the two cancelled games towards the end of last season at Aberdeen and Livingston.

Edited by portobellojambo1

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Thread has been going for a while, and I think I posted thoughts on it early on, which were personal thoughts at that stage. But yesterday we eventually managed to get our AGM done for this year, a couple of months after the normal date. Thoughts on travelling formed part of the discussion, and we were initially going with the thought of taking buses to all away games, and letting members decide for themselves which grounds they wanted to go into, with the remainder just staying in the pub. We left it at that but said we'd let all member know. One or two things came up, including potential cost for the club, including when we would eventually be allowed to go back to games and if on board bus distancing could potentially mean having to book two buses, depending on the numbers travelling. Following the conclusion of the AGM we stayed for the rest of the afternoon in the Gorgie Suite, and had a further chat, revolving around negotiating a contract for a new bus provider for this coming season, and spoke with the manager of the hospitality side of HMFC's business. We then took the decision that we will not be running any buses at all for this coming season, including games at Hampden. The one exception we may make is Inverness, in that we will be going to Inverness, either by bus or train. As a club we will take up a number of tables in one of the Gorgie suites and meet together to watch all the away games. As an afternoon I'd like to thank HMFC, the facilities and service in the Gorgie Suite yesterday were excellent, the suite was very busy, with plenty of distancing and they must have made a few bob. In addition to what the PHSC members spent on drink yesterday we also made a donation of £556 to HMFC, representing the two cheques we previously gave them for tickets for the two cancelled games towards the end of last season at Aberdeen and Livingston.

Just how are you planning to meet together and watch away games. Genuine question 

2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Well done Portobello Hearts, i know it was a hard choice to make, but the correct one imo.

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Well done all of you 👍🏽👏🏾

portobellojambo1
11 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Just how are you planning to meet together and watch away games. Genuine question 

Something will be coming out in the not too distant future detailing the clubs intentions with regards to away games and allowing fans to watch these games on screens within Tynecastle. They are fairly confident that all away games will be available.

15 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Proper Hearts Men (and Ladies) 👍🏻👍🏻