West of the city

jake

Buzzbomb1874

Burdiehouse , mostly Hearts but the Celtic bus left from the Waverley and the hearts bus from the Captains Cabin. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Fxxx the SPFL

• TyphoonJambo

• jamboozy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Grew up in Niddrie, had loads of Jambo supporting pals growing up, didnt really know many Hibs fans although they were there. 

my grandad was a founding member of the Craigmillar Hearts club (despite actually being a Hibby) but thankfully my Gran made sure my dad and his brothers all grew up Jambos.

36 minutes ago, Buzzbomb1874 said:

Burdiehouse , mostly Hearts but the Celtic bus left from the Waverley and the hearts bus from the Captains Cabin. 

Gilmerton for me..family Jambos..from wardlaw terrace..chesser ave..drylaw..and balgreen..old village gilmerton an drum estate..1 or 2 have ventured towards the spoon feeders..girls will meet boys..cabin bus..that was a story or 2..

TyphoonJambo
32 minutes ago, Paris 1984 said:

Drylaw..............

Mental bus. Drylaw and District hearts suporters ya bass!!!!! 🙄 

Buzzbomb1874
9 minutes ago, cliffdanum said:

Gilmerton for me..family Jambos..from wardlaw terrace..chesser ave..drylaw..and balgreen..old village gilmerton an drum estate..1 or 2 have ventured towards the spoon feeders..girls will meet boys..cabin bus..that was a story or 2..

It certainly was. A lot of really good guys who went home and away for years. 

TyphoonJambo

Loving this thread by the way. Left Edinburgh at age 19 but still have an affinity with so much of it. As mentioned earlier consider myself from Muirhouse but born in leith, 1 to 6 in Burdiehouse, drunk in most of the mentioned bars, (obviously in subsequent years) was in the YMM, hated the YMD, dont get started in the Barox, was in the Drylaw and district, got bottled at QoS, dragged a freezer full of icecrean onto a bus with no windows left, climbed over the school end and dreeped into a puddle of piss in the shed toilets so many times my feet still smell like Pat Stantons pants. **** its great being a jambo. 

Edited by TypoonJambo

8 hours ago, Rizla said:

Same as you Rob, born & raised in Leith when Hibs had a very good side.

Old man was a big Hearts fan and took me to Tynie at an early age.

It’s surprising how many Hearts fans came from the Leith area.

Worked in Leith for 20 years so true mate

1 minute ago, andi17 said:

But your heart is always inside Tynecastle 

Indeed.

Or wherever we happen to be playing...

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Bozi said:

Grew up in Niddrie, had loads of Jambo supporting pals growing up, didnt really know many Hibs fans although they were there. 

my grandad was a founding member of the Craigmillar Hearts club (despite actually being a Hibby) but thankfully my Gran made sure my dad and his brothers all grew up Jambos.

My mates dad, Murray Haston, was a founder member of Craigmillar Hearts. 

Fort Vallance
4 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Had a milk round in muirhouse. Saturday was double milk, hard work, but also pay day. The good thing was all the milk floats had to return to the gorgie dairy. On a Saturday morning the one from muirhouse looked like a supporters bus. A dozen scruffy muirhouse urchins hanging of it givving it big licks as we trundled through murrayfield at 6 mph belting out Hello, Hello, long before it became non compliant 😁😁

I may well have been one of those urchins.

Fort Vallance
7 hours ago, willie wallace said:

I wasn't on that trip but I remember it .I think painting YMD slogans on the walls in Perth did'nt go down to well😀

Aberdeen away was my favourite game of the season.

You got told to paint it or else !

13 hours ago, superjack said:

Born in wester hailes in 1973, moved to gorgie a few months later, back to wester hailes when I was 5. Dads family a mix of gorgie and Southside, mims family a mix of gorgie and stenhouse. 

I couldn't not be a jambo.

I can't believe I only posted this little bot of info.

When I was 8, we moved to gala, again mostly hearts.

After I left the RAF, my folks had moved back to Edinburgh in Balerno. Didnt like it there at all, so I got a flat on slateford road, then Watson crescent, then easter road and finally pilton before I moved to Lewis.

Harry Potter
19 hours ago, Marvin said:

Last time I visited Edinburgh I shat myself when I saw the number 1 bus on Princes Street.

☺️

On 20/06/2020 at 10:58, Worthing Jambo said:

Of course it was mainly Hearts!

Been back a few times when walking in the Pentlands or the high ponds. Far more Celtic glory hunters there now than there used to be. 

TorinoJambo

Born Penicuik 1954 into a fully Jambo family. Dad, grandfathers, uncles all the same. Been a member of the supporters club since mid sixties. Wife's family all Hearts too, even her mothers side in Kelso too. My son is and one of my sons in law too. The only "blemish" is my other son in law who is a Hibby. My wee grandson from him and my younger daughter is only three and hasn't shown a preference yet but watch this space.

Glamorgan Jambo

Born in Meadowbank area but mostly brought up in Corstorphine (not far from Ralph Callachan/Gasman). Was wondering who to support and noted the Edinburgh team highest up the table was Hibs. Instantly corrected by my dad (from D Mains) and been a Hearts fan all the decades since.

As has been mentioned before in these sorts of discussions Clerry was, surprisingly, pretty solid Hibs in these days.

Later on living in a flat in the Pilrig area was always impressed by the number of Hearts fans on the 22 going to Tynecastle on a Saturday afternoon. A couple of squad players were regulars on the 22 in their club blazers back then (notably John Brough).

gordon simpson

Born in  1956  Downfield place  Dalry  my Mother was from Harthill and my Dad  Edinburgh  he was Hearts fanatic and my mother's family all Rangers  thankfully went to the Hearts and now I have past the love of the Jambos to my 2 sons 

Edited by gordon simpson

Worthing Jambo
6 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Been back a few times when walking in the Pentlands or the high ponds. Far more Celtic glory hunters there now than there used to be. 

More vermin interlopers than there used to be.

You can take that to the Bank!

Torry Jambo
On 20/06/2020 at 06:58, eggyg1874 said:

Born in and spent the first 8 years of my life in Juniper Green,  moved up to Aberdeen with my Dads job in 1985,, the bond between HMFC and me never waived , infact grew as strong as it could given the shit i took from Aberdeen fans growing up. 

I played football at quite a a high level, so never really got long to Tynecastle until i was in my late 20's as i was as i was always playing.,  Its amazing how special a place Tynecastle is, the walk, the smell, its just fantastic.

Dad is Hibs, but never ever tried to sway who i supported, something i totally respect him for, however i cannot say the same, i still stay in Aberdeen, and actually binned the Aberdeen kit my in laws bought for my son on his 2nd birthday, 2 hours after they dropped it off, , that caused me a load of greif with the wife....... I took the wee man to Tynecastle when he has 4 and he loved it, fell in love with the famous, he is now 15 and taking a load of shit from his mates at the minutes but he gives as good as he gets and keeps the jambos flame burning up here. Things could have been so fifferent if my Dad had the same attitude as me!!!

HHGH

I can relate to your story.I have always lived In Aberdeen and got some amount of shit In the 70s/80s but a succession of shite Managerial appointments at Pittodrie after Alex Smith,soon changed that.