Craig Gordon

neilnunb

26 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Is Jambo 4 ever not the same wee troll that was asking everyone to be kind to Leigh Griffiths?

shhhhhhhh. He will grass you up

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• DS98

• Batistuta87

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those who have been trolled by Leigh Griffiths' young boyfriend due to their historic indifference to Craig Gordon should think about how low they have let themselves go.

Pasquale for King

Just shows how many points a great goalkeeper can win you in a season, good to be back to having a fantastic goalie again after far too many duds. 

Great keeper   but jim cruickshank would have stopped both dundee and st johnstone goals.   Why do modern keepers not command the box

On 30/10/2021 at 22:35, Jambo 4 Ever said:

@sadjhere are some so called hearts fans for a start who claimed he wasn’t any good 

Christ. Don't think there's any need to be toiling back through this far back and casting it back up for the sake of scoring points. On a Saturday night as well lol. Have a night off mate.  

Openly admit that I didn't want him back at the time. On paper, it seemed absolutely crazy. We were in an utter state at the time and didn't know whether we were coming or going, as a fanbase we were completely disillusioned; we'd just sacked a manager we all liked without telling him, we were releasing our entire U19/U23 squad, cutting costs at every opportunity, and we go and sign a 37yo keeper as our 2nd highest earner. It felt bonkers. 

Its paid off though, and I'm utterly delighted with that. I couldn't be happier to have been wrong in this case and the guy is absolute class. I love him lol. 

Still canny kick a baw in a straight line though. 

Edited by Batistuta87

13 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Christ. Don't think there's any need to be toiling back through this far back and casting it back up for the sake of scoring points. On a Saturday night as well lol. Have a night off mate.  

Openly admit that I didn't want him back at the time. On paper, it seemed absolutely crazy. We were in an utter state at the time and didn't know whether we were coming or going, as a fanbase we were completely disillusioned; we'd just sacked a manager we all liked without telling him, we were releasing our entire U19/U23 squad, cutting costs at every opportunity, and we go and sign a 37yo keeper as our 2nd highest earner. It felt bonkers. 

Its paid off though, and I'm utterly delighted with that. I couldn't be happier to have been wrong in this case and the guy is absolute class. I love him lol. 

Haha good man for admitting it 

and no was not a case of point scoring

it was because another poster asked me to give examples of Hearts fans who said they didn’t want Gordon back - hence this post - that’s all 

11 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

it was because another poster asked me to give examples of Hearts fans who said they didn’t want Gordon back - hence this post - that’s all 

🤣👍

34 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Kicking isn’t his strong point. Same as every other goalkeeper who learnt their trade in the 90s. But how many times do we pass the ball back to him on his right foot?? It’s several times a game. It’s like the players don’t train with him and aren’t aware he’s left footed! 

On 30/10/2021 at 22:35, Jambo 4 Ever said:

@sadjhere are some so called hearts fans for a start who claimed he wasn’t any good 

"so called Hearts fans"?

Bit rich coming from you.

41 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

If he goes back to the thread when Rudi came back he will find a quote from me saying we don't need him and should be going for that Plymouth left back, Capaldi, instead.

I stand by it :cool:

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

"so called Hearts fans"?

Bit rich coming from you.

Again If you see the original request from @sadjyou will see that he said what hearts fan wouldn’t have wanted him back 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Still waiting on the post where I say I wouldn't have Craig Gordon back. Rather than commenting obliquely on his lack of form, at a particular point in his career.

I've got time though.

You suggested you wouldn’t want him back 

Maroon Sailor
37 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

It was - you brought it up basically saying you were right about Craig Gordon

Not exactly soothsayer stuff about Scotland's best goalkeeper. As far as I could see others only gave a reason why they thought Hearts shouldn't sign him. Age, injury record for example.

I think that's fair on a forum

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It was - you brought it up basically saying you were right about Craig Gordon

Not exactly soothsayer stuff about Scotland's best goalkeeper. As far as I could see others only gave a reason why they thought Hearts shouldn't sign him. Age, injury record for example.

I think that's fair on a forum

Umm no 

I was asked by another poster to provide evidence of hearts fans who didn’t want us to re-sign Craig … I merely provided the evidence 

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Umm no 

I was asked by another poster to provide evidence of hearts fans who didn’t want us to re-sign Craig … I merely provided the evidence 

I'm talking about your post which started all this off saying that you were right about Craig Gordon. Someone asked you what you meant by that

Naisys Tackle
On 30/10/2021 at 23:36, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Both is valid 

nobody said he wasn’t good enough.  People said mostly he was too old and we needed a fresh start I think. 

5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

nobody said he wasn’t good enough.  People said mostly he was too old and we needed a fresh start I think. 

Some didn’t want him just because he played for Celtic which is very petty 

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Was because he chose them (and a much bigger wage) to play for the best football team in the country at the time. I can see both sides of the story but certainly don’t grudge it. 

5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Was because he chose them (and a much bigger wage) to play for the best football team in the country at the time. I can see both sides of the story but certainly don’t grudge it. 

Petty to not have him back because he wanted to earn good money 

and if you read them back some did in fact suggest they didn’t think he was good enough 

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

37 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Like Colquhoun, Mahe, etc.  Maybe we shouldn't have taken a young left back from their youth system,  contaminated as he was?

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not really sure what you find funny mate

You saying it wasnt point scoring. Clearly was otherwise why bother??? 

Lighten up lad. 

Edited by Batistuta87

5 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

You saying it wasnt point scoring. Clearly was otherwise why bother??? 

Lighten up lad. 

It’s called responding to a request 

Maroon Sailor
58 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It’s grand to see that Dumbo in Hamilton is still plying his trade on here.  👍

That obvious huh ? 🤣

47 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

That obvious huh ? 🤣

He’s subtle, but I can see through him.  😇

One would almost think he’s a troll.