Hickey - signs for Bologna

communist

1 minute ago, TorinoJambo said:

Se si puo parlare il Francese e facile intendere l'italiano.

Perro, para mi  no es facil espana mi costa mucho. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Mikey1874

• jamboinglasgow

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, TorinoJambo said:

Se si puo parlare il Francese e facile intendere l'italiano.

I can speak French but I'm really struggling to understand that 😁😁.

Anyways good luck to Aaron. He has a footballing maturity and understanding well beyond his years. Hopefully he flourishes over there. 

1 hour ago, cameron79 said:

I can speak French but I'm really struggling to understand that 😁😁.

Anyways good luck to Aaron. He has a footballing maturity and understanding well beyond his years. Hopefully he flourishes over there. 

"If you can speak French it's easy to learn Italian"

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Perro, para mi  no es facil espana mi costa mucho. 

Hablo tambien un poco espanol y estan muchas palabras similares entre Italiano y espanol y Frances.

jamboinglasgow
5 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Cheers,

my name is Giuseppe and i am from Bologna living in NYC. I would like to thank you because your forum was our best source to understand what was happening with Hickey ‘s trade. Thank you also for the nice words about our city, really appreciate it.  We are excited for this signing, Hickey nickname will be “ cinno” which is kid in our language
some update: today Sinisa in the press conference told that he is very pleased with Aaron, he is very smart for his age and he could be in the 11 squad monday. 
On a personal note, my wife loves “Still game”!

thank you and sorry for the Intrusion

Welcome to the mad house that is kickback.

I do hope that Hickey goes on to be a big star for you and goes on to even bigger things. Milan have been my favourite Italian club since I was 8 and my Dad brought me back their strip after a business trip from Italy but with Hickey going to Bologna I will follow your results closely and rooting for Bologna to win every week. 

2 hours ago, TorinoJambo said:

"If you can speak French it's easy to learn Italian"

Indeed. I guess the Latin languages translate better than my attempts at humour 😁🤦‍♂️ 

10 hours ago, TorinoJambo said:

Hablo tambien un poco espanol y estan muchas palabras similares entre Italiano y espanol y Frances.

Es verdad muy similar

29 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Learn something new every day. Always pronounced the N in Bologna.

Same here.

How the Americans managed to mangle it to baloney, though... 🤷‍♂️

54 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Learn something new every day. Always pronounced the N in Bologna.

Which is how it should be pronounced, even in Emilian (the Bologna dialect). https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6d/It-Bologna.ogg

Italian: [boˈloɲɲa]

Emilian: [buˈlʌɲːa]

Edited by redjambo

Pretty surprising. Didn't expect him to feature much so to go straight in!

Considering a player signed from Liverpool U21's has just been sent home from Serie A to Derby without a game shows how much of a feat that is.

Pretty disappointing we lost him for such a fee as he really could be a superstar. Struggling to think of many scots in recent history capable of playing in a top 5 league at 18.

48 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

Considering a player signed from Liverpool U21's has just been sent home from Serie A to Derby without a game shows how much of a feat that is.

Pretty disappointing we lost him for such a fee as he really could be a superstar. Struggling to think of many scots in recent history capable of playing in a top 5 league at 18.

Billy Gilmour for Chelsea.

Does anyone know if we have a sell on clause?He is looking assured and stylish so far in this game. He is an 18 year old Scottish  laddie playing in Serie A and looks like he has been there for years. 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Billy Gilmour for Chelsea.

Both are special players, but both strolling into games at 18 should demonstrate more and more to European clubs that young Scottish players are capable (and hopefully to managers of Scottish teams.) Its to our benefit if clubs outside of England look to Scottish football for signings as opens up the market.

15 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Both are special players, but both strolling into games at 18 should demonstrate more and more to European clubs that young Scottish players are capable (and hopefully to managers of Scottish teams.) Its to our benefit if clubs outside of England look to Scottish football for signings as opens up the market.

I agree but alas we are parochial up here. Only OF youngsters get anywhere near the full international team as the Glasgow press bum them up. We need an international manager who pays no heed to the the Glasgow hacks. The problem there. One bad result and they Bay for his blood.

Gorgie Boot boy
5 hours ago, SectionFJambo said:

Hickey has a lot to learn , is a good lad and will pick it up. He may not start the next match. Money is a given as he will return Bologna a big wedge on their investment. We gain plus plus. A relationship has also formed between us and Bologna.

• 1 month later...
Rudi5kaceldream1ng
On 09/09/2020 at 21:39, Zico said:

Is buona fortuna not the literal translation whereas your one means something like in the mouth of the wolf? I mind my Italian colleagues wishing me good luck for an ankle operation and saying something that translated as **** the whale! I didn’t get it but they thought it was hilarious! 😂

Yes Italians think everything’s a conspiracy lmao so if you actually wish them good luck they think you’re saying they will need it😂 

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Hopefully this is true and we get some serious cash.

Serious cash would be great, in addition I think it would help the club attract other promising young players if they could see where starting off with us could take their career!

Francis Albert
57 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Serious cash would be great, in addition I think it would help the club attract other promising young players if they could see where starting off with us could take their career!

They can already see where he has moved on from Hearts. Bologna, Serie A, Italy.

At his current rate of progress he will soon be worth a lot more than Aston Villa (or Celtic) will pay for him now.

The Scottish red tops seem keen for him to move closer to his boyhood heroes though.

Ronald Villiers
3 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Totally mate.  Things are looking great for us right now.  I wonder what percentage we'd be due should Hickey go to the EPL.  Atleast he'll only be sold for a decent fee.