Summer 2020 Player Movement Thread

tartofmidlothian

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Unfair imo. Halkett and Naismith aren’t injured right now and would get a game for a top flight club no problem. Naismith also agreed to a 50% pay cut so questioning his commitment is pretty shitty chat tbh   

Don't let that get in the way of a good slagging of our players tho..... 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboinglasgow

• Agentjambo

• TheBigO

• GinRummy

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Berra has until next year, Maclean is out of contract. Below is all players (first, reserve and U18) and when their contracts expire (and some that I dont know when it expires so if anyone knows let me know.) (Also taken out all the players we have on loan as with the season over they will be back at their parent clubs.)

Donis Avdijaj
Oliver Bozanic
Jamie Brandon
Rory Currie
Euan Henderson
Marcel Langer
Steven MacLean 
Lewis Moore
Jamin Nwanze
Alex Petkov
Dean Ritchie
Jay Sandison

Christophe Berra
Bobby Burns
Sean Clare
Harry Cochrane
Sean Docherty
Colin Doyle
Ben Garuccio
Aaron Hickey
Andrew Irving
Olly Lee
Anthony McDonald
Callumn Morrison
Ryan Schiavone
Michael Smith
Harry Stone
Conor Washington
Craig Wighton
Aidy White
Zdenek Zlamal

Jay Charleston-King
Arron Darge
Chris Hamilton
Peter Haring
Chris Halkett 
Uche Ikpeazu
Cian Kavanagh
Connor Smith
John Souttar
Leon Watson
Jamie Walker

Liam Boyce
Loic Damour
Steven Naismith

Unknown
Mackenzie Lawler
Cameron Logan
Leeroy Makovora
Scott McGill
Broadie Strang
Sean Ward

That’s where we went wrong, it was Craig Halkett that was decent at Livi not his rotund and slow brother Chris 😜.

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s where we went wrong, it was Craig Halkett that was decent at Livi not his rotund and slow brother Chris 😜.

😄 oops 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Berra has until next year, Maclean is out of contract. Below is all players (first, reserve and U18) and when their contracts expire (and some that I dont know when it expires so if anyone knows let me know.) (Also taken out all the players we have on loan as with the season over they will be back at their parent clubs.)

Donis Avdijaj
Oliver Bozanic
Jamie Brandon
Rory Currie
Euan Henderson
Marcel Langer
Steven MacLean 
Lewis Moore
Jamin Nwanze
Alex Petkov
Dean Ritchie
Jay Sandison

Christophe Berra
Bobby Burns
Sean Clare
Harry Cochrane
Sean Docherty
Colin Doyle
Ben Garuccio
Aaron Hickey
Andrew Irving
Olly Lee
Anthony McDonald
Callumn Morrison
Ryan Schiavone
Michael Smith
Harry Stone
Conor Washington
Craig Wighton
Aidy White
Zdenek Zlamal

Jay Charleston-King
Arron Darge
Chris Hamilton
Peter Haring
Chris Halkett 
Uche Ikpeazu
Cian Kavanagh
Connor Smith
John Souttar
Leon Watson
Jamie Walker

Liam Boyce
Loic Damour
Steven Naismith

Unknown
Mackenzie Lawler
Cameron Logan
Leeroy Makovora
Scott McGill
Broadie Strang
Sean Ward

You can move Jay Sandison to 2021 he signed a new contract on Thursday. 

Edited by eck1874

TyphoonJambo
42 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Damour 2023 ffs :lol: utterly criminal man. 

Makes me feel physically sick every time I see Damour 2023.  🤮🤮😥. WTAF were we thinking. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Makes me feel physically sick every time I see Damour 2023.  🤮🤮😥. WTAF were we thinking. 

Damour is just the last in a long line of Levein cluster****s.

Thankfully there will  be no more.

3 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Ive literally no idea why anyone thought signing the guy on the contract he’s on was a good idea. 

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

😄 oops 

Nit picking at its worst sorry when you’ve typed up all those names, some of whom I’ve never heard of but might well see next season.

TyphoonJambo
27 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Ive literally no idea why anyone thought signing the guy on the contract he’s on was a good idea. 

I was screaming blue bloody murder at the screen when that useless twat walked off against St Mirren. Showed no fight nor any remorse for our predicament. I'm no lover of the French as a nation at the best of times (cheese eating surrender monkeys) but his gutless performance that night was infuriating. Then he talks to the press about "considering his options", Monfukindiue!!!! 

6 hours ago, His name is said:

Contacts up at the end of the month

Pereira
Dikamona 
Sibbick
Brandon
Langer
Bozanic
Moore
Lee
Meshino 
Avdijaj

Bozanic is the only one I'd keep for sure esp in the Chamionship. However, Dikamona, Moore and Brandon may stay as well.

Edited by tcjambo

jamboinglasgow
4 hours ago, eck1874 said:

cheers for the update. I hope he has better luck with the injuries, feel sorry how he has had so many in the last few years.

Also wonder when they will announce which youths have been promoted to U18s.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

On 21/05/2020 at 14:51, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

This was exactly the thought that cam eto me, reading the EEN story. 

Levein he still has a lot to offer until the 31 May. 

On 24/05/2020 at 09:39, jamboinglasgow said:

Donis Avdijaj
Oliver Bozanic
Jamie Brandon
Rory Currie
Euan Henderson
Marcel Langer
Steven MacLean 
Lewis Moore
Jamin Nwanze
Alex Petkov
Dean Ritchie
Jay Sandison

Christophe Berra
Bobby Burns
Sean Clare
Harry Cochrane
Sean Docherty
Colin Doyle
Ben Garuccio
Aaron Hickey
Andrew Irving
Olly Lee
Anthony McDonald
Callumn Morrison
Ryan Schiavone
Michael Smith
Harry Stone
Conor Washington
Craig Wighton
Aidy White
Zdenek Zlamal

Jay Charleston-King
Arron Darge
Chris Hamilton
Peter Haring
Chris Halkett 
Uche Ikpeazu
Cian Kavanagh
Connor Smith
John Souttar
Leon Watson
Jamie Walker

Liam Boyce
Loic Damour
Steven Naismith

Unknown
Mackenzie Lawler
Cameron Logan
Leeroy Makovora
Scott McGill
Broadie Strang
Sean Ward

Wardy signed a 4 year deal when he turned pro at 16 so think he’s got 2 years left. 

jamboinglasgow
12 hours ago, Pagey said:

Wardy signed a 4 year deal when he turned pro at 16 so think he’s got 2 years left. 

thanks for the update

Famous 1874
On 24/05/2020 at 14:39, jamboinglasgow said:

Donis Avdijaj
Oliver Bozanic
Jamie Brandon
Rory Currie
Euan Henderson
Marcel Langer
Steven MacLean 
Lewis Moore
Jamin Nwanze
Alex Petkov
Dean Ritchie
Jay Sandison

Christophe Berra
Bobby Burns
Sean Clare
Harry Cochrane
Sean Docherty
Colin Doyle
Ben Garuccio
Aaron Hickey
Andrew Irving
Olly Lee
Anthony McDonald
Callumn Morrison
Ryan Schiavone
Michael Smith
Harry Stone
Conor Washington
Craig Wighton
Aidy White
Zdenek Zlamal

Jay Charleston-King
Arron Darge
Chris Hamilton
Peter Haring
Chris Halkett 
Uche Ikpeazu
Cian Kavanagh
Connor Smith
John Souttar
Leon Watson
Jamie Walker

Liam Boyce
Loic Damour
Steven Naismith

Unknown
Mackenzie Lawler
Cameron Logan
Leeroy Makovora
Scott McGill
Broadie Strang
Sean Ward

I imagine only Moore and Brandon will remain from the 2020 contract expiring list, excluding the last 4 names as they are youth and not first team. 

In terms of the 2021 players, I’d definitely be extending: Clare, Cochrane, Irving, McDonald and Stone. 

Can’t see Smith, Hickey or Washington playing in the Championship so we should sell this summer. I would try and get them all extensions though. If Clare doesn’t want to sign a contract then we should do the same. 

Garuccio and Wighton will have to be assessed next season to see whether he wins a new deal or not.

Berra, Doyle, Lee, Morrison, White and Zlamal should not be extended and should go this summer or next. 

Edited by Famous 1874

Not us but Jon McLaughlin will be signing for Blackburn Rovers when his contract expires.

Don’t think many expected him to sign with us but remember there being a thread.

On 24/05/2020 at 19:40, tcjambo said:

Bozanic is the only one I'd keep for sure esp in the Chamionship. However, Dikamona, Moore and Brandon may stay as well.

Dikamona has already had his contract cancelled, so would need to re-sign 

Batistuta87

Avdijaj apparently in talks with Braga.

Personally I'd like him to stay - if we're in the Championship he'll run rings round everyone and if we're in the Prem, I'd like to see him get a decent crack at it.

21 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Avdijaj apparently in talks with Braga.

Personally I'd like him to stay - if we're in the Championship he'll run rings round everyone and if we're in the Prem, I'd like to see him get a decent crack at it.

Yeah I'd have liked to have seen how he'd have done in better weather, basically. I know that sounds flimsy as eff, but I felt he had something.

No big loss though.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah I'd have liked to have seen how he'd have done in better weather, basically. I know that sounds flimsy as eff, but I felt he had something.

No big loss though.

Love to see how he did if he had pre-season and not starting when things are falling apart (so would have a bit more freedom.)

But Braga are genuine, then cant see why he would stay with us.

jamboinglasgow

The Sun reporting we will release 15 players (announced tomorrow.)

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5653003/bozanic-maclean-hearts-exodus-contracts/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1590961599

Bozanic, Maclean, Avidijaj, Langer all released from the first team (with Dikamona not being offered a new contract.) As well as Meshino, Sibbick and Periera's loans all ending.

Reserve players Baur, Petkov, Mason, Ritchie, Currie, Nwanze and Strang all released as well.

Moore, Brandon and Henderson have all been offered new contracts. 

6 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The Sun reporting we will release 15 players (announced tomorrow.)

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5653003/bozanic-maclean-hearts-exodus-contracts/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1590961599

Bozanic, Maclean, Avidijaj, Langer all released from the first team (with Dikamona not being offered a new contract.) As well as Meshino, Sibbick and Periera's loans all ending.

Reserve players Baur, Petkov, Mason, Ritchie, Currie, Nwanze and Strang all released as well.

Moore, Brandon and Henderson have all been offered new contracts. 

All players I'd expect to be released no matter the situ tbh. Corona or not, relegation or not, that list would have been similar. Only really Sibbick I'd want to keep and he was a loan so not our decision. And with that in mind, we aren't releasing 15 players when 3 of them are loans.

Watch the same pundits who criticised our oversized squad, now criticise this!

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

All players I'd expect to be released no matter the situ tbh. Corona or not, relegation or not, that list would have been similar. Only really Sibbick I'd want to keep and he was a loan so not our decision. And with that in mind, we aren't releasing 15 players when 3 of them are loans.

Watch the same pundits who criticised our oversized squad, now criticise this!

Bozanic I feel for, but it may be better for him in this current climate to stay in Australia and join the A-League again.

The only fringe player who I might have kept is Petkov, I still think he can turn into a decent centre back. But as much as anything, it clears the decks a bit so talented youngsters have a clearer path than last season and means we are less bloated.

Batistuta87

If new deals are being offered to Brandon, Moore and Henderson I'd have liked to have seen Petkov get one too. I think he could have been useful in a depleted squad, and can't have been earning much. Suppose if there's a penny to be saved we should be doing it though. Have a feeling the Scottish leagues will be the last ones to  get going again and that we'll have the pick of all the shite that nobody else wanted when it comes to rebuilding our squad. Appreciate Motherwell and a lot of others are in the same position, but we're probably going to be a less attractive destination at the moment considering we're currently looking at kicking off next season in the Championship. That said, I'm pretty confident with the players who look to be staying next season (i.e. the ones who've been on Instagram and Twitter in the new kit - Smith, Boyce, Irving, Souttar, Walker that I've seen so far) and some youngsters filling the gaps, we could probably still stroll it. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Luscious Laryea

I'd be confident we'll come straight back up if we replicate our transfer window at the start of the previous Championship season. If we can bring in a couple of experienced midfielders and build around youth there should be more than enough talent to set us in good stead.

The transfer window of summer 2015 was where we began to get things drastically wrong. Bringing in a vast number of overseas players on bigger contracts than the core of young players who'd done so well the previous season.

Build from the youth and stick with them.

jamboinglasgow

Random question, going into next season, I am right in thinking that any player born in 2002 is now illegible for the Under 18s.

2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Bozanic I feel for, but it may be better for him in this current climate to stay in Australia and join the A-League again.

The only fringe player who I might have kept is Petkov, I still think he can turn into a decent centre back. But as much as anything, it clears the decks a bit so talented youngsters have a clearer path than last season and means we are less bloated.

I didn't mind Boz at all, but yeah likely he'll get an Aleague club no bother and I'd rather we focus on Irving, Smith, maybe Cochrane in midfield, along with Walker, Naismith and Clare. If Haring gets back, that list looks way better too.

jamboinglasgow

Just because I like reading too much into things and providing pointless facts. With all the players announce left, from the players left:

- Only 4 non Uk +Republic of Ireland players left in all squads (first, reserve and U18.) Zlamel (Czech), Haring (Austria,) Garuccio (Australian) and Damour (France.)

- Following on from that we have gone from having 7 Republic of Ireland players last December to 3.

- I keep forgetting Aidy White is on our books.

- The under 18s (after moving players born in 2002 to reserves) only have six full time players at the moment which includes no goalkeepers and no midfielders. Will be interesting to see when they announce the new Under 18 intake.

- To put into perspective the number of out of contract players leaving (12 players) this summer, last year it was 3 players, the year before it was 6 players.

will-i-am-a-jambo

Just because I like reading too much into things and providing pointless facts. With all the players announce left, from the players left:

- Only 4 non Uk +Republic of Ireland players left in all squads (first, reserve and U18.) Zlamel (Czech), Haring (Austria,) Garuccio (Australian) and Damour (France.)

- Following on from that we have gone from having 7 Republic of Ireland players last December to 3.

- I keep forgetting Aidy White is on our books.

- The under 18s (after moving players born in 2002 to reserves) only have six full time players at the moment which includes no goalkeepers and no midfielders. Will be interesting to see when they announce the new Under 18 intake.

- To put into perspective the number of out of contract players leaving (12 players) this summer, last year it was 3 players, the year before it was 6 players.

Thanks for this Jig, who are the 3 ROI players that are left? I can only see Colin Doyle and Aidy White. Cheers.

ps lm assuming its Cian Kavanagh?

Edited by will-i-am-a-jambo

jamboinglasgow
35 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Thanks for this Jig, who are the 3 ROI players that are left? I can only see Colin Doyle and Aidy White. Cheers.

ps lm assuming its Cian Kavanagh?

Yeah he is the third

will-i-am-a-jambo
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah he is the third

Thanks very much, l think the name gave it away!

It makes me wonder if Stendel is staying and he has targeted his replacement players for the (maybe) season ahead!

Rick Sanchez
1 hour ago, Swimmer said:

It makes me wonder if Stendel is staying and he has targeted his replacement players for the (maybe) season ahead!

I would doubt very much that Stendel could identify any players willing to play in the Scottish Championship.

jamboinglasgow

One other observation despite all the players that gone, the first team squad (including players who have been on loan such as Lee, Berra, Burns and Wighton as well as Morrison, Cochrane and McDonald) has 27. So still have a large squad that needs further trimmed.

On 24/05/2020 at 16:10, Leveins Battalion said:

Damour is just the last in a long line of Levein cluster****s.

Thankfully there will  be no more.

Let's hope his next job is scouting for H1b5.

One other observation despite all the players that gone, the first team squad (including players who have been on loan such as Lee, Berra, Burns and Wighton as well as Morrison, Cochrane and McDonald) has 27. So still have a large squad that needs further trimmed.

That's what needs looked at with all clubs when the headlines are written.

What's indicative isn't who goes, but who remains. We still have a full squad.

Do others?

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah he is the third

Every day is a school day, didn't know he had played for their u21s 👍🏽.

A certain insider at Hearts told me none of the youths were good enough apart from Hickey, I will rely on what he said before any kber jig.

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

That's what needs looked at with all clubs when the headlines are written.

What's indicative isn't who goes, but who remains. We still have a full squad.

Do others?

Would agree with that.

Had a quick look on the wikipedia pages of clubs, in regards to first team squads Hibs have 22, Motherwell have 12, Livingston have 26, St Johnstone have 18, Kilmarnock 14 (with no goalkeepers,) Ross County 22.

Thats just the clubs who have announced departures. Looking at the first team on Transfermarkt for players out of contract (obviously could change as some players may be offered new deals) Aberdeen have 3 out of 25 players potentially out of contract. St Mirren have  10 out of 23 players potentially out of contract and Hamilton have a whopping 18 out of 26 players potentially out of contract.

Some surprises there, generally most teams have got a reasonable size squad, but seeing Motherwell with so few is a real surprise. Also the number of player Livingston have is mental.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/05/2020 at 15:55, eck1874 said:

As did Leroy and Strang. Logan is 2021. 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

As did Leroy and Strang. Logan is 2021. 

Do you mean Strang? As Hearts announced he has left. Do you mean Mackenzie Lawler who the official site says has a contract until January 2021