Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Beast Boy

• milky_26

• Hearts1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, pablo said:

That "how can I hate Hibs when they've given us so much joy?" line is really weak and needs dropped. Anyone fan trotting it out is oblivious to the hatred they have for us. 

Nothing wrong with holding them in disdain, but the sooner we reciprocate their attitude towards us the better, in my opinion. 

:spoton:      It’s ultimately down to the support to make sure every player and team we ever have, have no doubts about the attitude they should have.  

We have a great derby record for a reason. Not just because we had better talent. Alex MacDonald stamped the importance of not losing derbies into his team constantly.  He said it in one of his interviews way back. 

We should never tempt the dismantling of a domination built by previous managers and sides by softening our minds. 

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

:laugh: true. 

I'm using this one a lot these days. Reminding them that even though this is the worst Hearts team in my lifetime, we still turned them over twice at their midden this season, the second time playing them off the park. 

Any normal rival would put the boot right into us but their bottle crashes as usual. 

true what you said above we have a shit team and we still beat them hahahahaha :rifle:

just wait till we get a new team with better players then beat them once again 

I struggle to hate them as Hibs make up the vast majority of my best memories watching Hearts.

The Hibs support doesn't even bother me too much, bitter and twisted yes, but we made them this way, we've pumped them stupid too often.    I can see through all the bullshit and bravado of your average Hibby that they have an inherent inferiority complex when having to deal with Hearts fans.  I feel slightly sorry for some of them as it's not really their fault, being a Hibby would really **** me up too.

Dirty Cowardly back-stabbers (Peruvian Ron?)

Edited by Nobreath

Montgomery Brewster

They are the original sevco. Claiming trophies from a dead club and passing them off as their own. 

9 minutes ago, Sertse said:

One thing that really gets me is the absolute arse licking of Celtic. Septic came to Tynecastle all dressed the same in olive jackets last year. Guess who done the exact same thing next time they came? Also, singing 'the wee Huns are sh*te'.

They have been battered by us their entire history, but try telling them that

The lies, fantasy and chicanery that they respond with is astonishing:

"Mostly draws, cheating, overspending, hacking, Hibs were the better team, flair, swashbuckling, hertz are lucky" and my particular favourite "we gave them that derby win".

Zero tolerance for their horse5h1te and don't even bother with them anymore. None in the family, thank feck, so just scraped the rest off. 

chubby1973
12 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Back on topic - 

1. The constant bullshit they have spread for decades that clearly isn't true & makes not just Hearts fans burst out laughing - flair football, teaching Brasil to play football (even though Brasil had already been in a World Cup final by this point), they would have won everything in the 70s if it wasn't for that great Celtic team (even though they rarely came second at anything and other teams won more trophies than them apart from Celtic) the list goes on and on.

2. Their trampy violent, racist bigoted fans and the fact that none of their more rational fans ever acknowledge their cave dweller fans. Prime example of this is every single person I know on facebook who supports Hibs all 'like' CCS facebook page - to a man. If they were ever to get attacked by thugs the same as CCS ever in their lives they would A. Shit themselves B. Be appalled. Yet they still like these Robin hood characters :( 

3. Whipping themselves up into a frenzy when they win a derby. It is just embarrassing it is like they have won the Champions League. We all know what I am on about and have seen it countless times.

4. Hibs Fibs - the horrendous myths that their fans spout about Hearts - like 22 in a row was all draws (which even with stats I couldn't get one Hibs fan to back down on), Hearts only beat us back in the 80s and 90s because they kicked us off the park - watch those games again please and see who done the clugging, John Colquhoun has the scars to prove it. Hearts kicked their way to the league title as in 58 and 60 - odd how they scored a record amount of goals and the players are all recognised as legends of their time.

5. We were the first to - be in europe (even though they never qualified and were invited), have floodlights (when they weren't), have a scoreboard and loads of other mega mundane things that other football fans don't give a shit about. I mean FFS first to wear green - really? Is that an achievement or indeed even a fact? Or even something anyone could care less about.

To be fair. They were the 1st to introduce social distancing at games. 

Ronald Villiers

We seem to have too many players that don't get the rivalry between us and them and aren't up for the fight.  I saw a few clips of the 5-1 demolition derby on Twitter the other day and the sheer fight and passion shown by the likes of Rudi, Gowser, Grainger and Ian Black was superb.  These guys loved to get stuck in and noise up the Hibs fans when we scored.  We need to sign players of their like again.  Players that get Hearts and realise Hibs hatred for us.  Get it sorted Budge!

19 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

We seem to have too many players that don't get the rivalry between us and them and aren't up for the fight.  I saw a few clips of the 5-1 demolition derby on Twitter the other day and the sheer fight and passion shown by the likes of Rudi, Gowser, Grainger and Ian Black was superb.  These guys loved to get stuck in and noise up the Hibs fans when we scored.  We need to sign players of their like again.  Players that get Hearts and realise Hibs hatred for us.  Get it sorted Budge!

Sam Nicholson and his ‘Leave Hibs alone!’ social media output was a real highlight. 

Fitzroy Pointon
42 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Spot on. Only Naismith I think gets it amongst the current crop. Maybe Hickey as well. 

Robbo, Hartley, Skacel, Gowser, Zal, Black even Nade (that's just the players I can think of off the top of my head right now) all knew what it was like to get it right up Hibs. 

That said, Hibs haven't really had a player like that since Cummings. 

buzzbomb1958

I hate them because of the way they got shot of their losers medals after the biggest horsing in a cup final derby

Tokyo Drifter
16 hours ago, Morgan said:

On the anniversary of the doing we gave them, what are the ultimate top 5 reasons you have for despising them?

Let me start with:

Their support.

Their bitterness, and inability to accept, that they are Edinburgh’s wee team.

Bleating on about a game that was played over 47 years ago.  In which they gained two league points!  Two.

Deeks.

Mickey Weir.

I choose ‘top 5’ because, if I hadn’t, I could have been here all night.  

No 3 gets me the most, but to your list I'd add their shit songs. The best one they've got isn't even a song, it's a sort of collective death rattle.

16 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

john leslie

pat 'i just like staying' mcginley

How could I have forgotten John Leslie?  :vrface:

His brother is an arsehole too, like, but in a totally different way.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pity them 5

Nasty green kit

Terrible Derby record 

Dressed as seats at Hampden 

Left early at Hampden 

Who goes 22 games without a Derby win

jambo-in-furness

They are more to be pitied than scolded,

an old one but so true.

their reaction and emails when we were in admin was laughable 

and they’re enjoyment now at our predicament will be short lived,  trust me.

the seethe on .net will be immense 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

They are more to be pitied than scolded,

an old one but so true.

their reaction and emails when we were in admin was laughable 

and they’re enjoyment now at our predicament will be short lived,  trust me.

the seethe on .net will be immense 

Exactly what I’ve been thinking. They really should learn not to laugh too hard at us. 
Egg on their puss soon methinks. 

Edited by jack D and coke

Bazzas right boot

Even if we do go down and they celebrate like champions. 

One thing is for sure if football restarts and the sc semi goes ahead we'll beat them. 

They always **** up. 

Our admin season, not just going down but the way it happened, you can't make that stuff up. 

Their sc win, pitch invasion, they were a championship side as well. 

Everything they do they somehow **** it up. 

They go from 

:oconnor:

To

:vrface:

Almost instantly, the sf will do it this time. 

I would also  not be Suprised if they end up in the bottom 2 next season and pass us. 

It's what they do. 

Clowns. 

CARDIFFBOY

Really trying to understand how this rivalry between the two clubs in the same city works. I know about the Irish ancestry of Hibs and I guess supporting them must be passed down from father to son and so on, but how does it work on match days? When Hearts are playing at Tynecastle do you ever see the Hibs casual lads trying to play up with the Hearts casual lads or does each group stay away from their rivals patch? I know it must be different when both clubs are playing the Derby but just trying to understand how it works up there before I come up to a game at Tynecastle? Thanks for any feedback and I really can't understand how anyone would watch mini Celtic unless they have an Irish link. 

Hilarious that they're celebrating our tainted relegation. Let them have they're still our bitches. Wee team mentality 

CARDIFFBOY
1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

The casual scene up here has died out, Hearts were never really that into it anyway. Mainly Hibs and Aberdeen in the 80s and 90s. 

There was a fair bit of trouble years ago but policing and different exit roads from the stadiums has meant it’s not very prevalent these days. 

I used to meet up with hibs pals and family before the games in the late 80s and 90s but not now. Never after the game though. 

The 90 minutes are pretty mental on the whole. Real hatred but not religious. A few idiots with union jacks and tricolours but that’s about it. 

I was at the most poisonous game atmosphere wise after we tried to buy them in 1990. We were three up at half time and the 9 or 10 thousand of us in the away end were going mental. Hibs fans were seething. 

The police told Hearts in the dressing room at half time not to score any more as they feared a proper riot. 

Some like to say this is an urban myth but it has been confirmed by a few players. 

You’d enjoy the derby. A great fixture and we win most (We’ve won more derbies at their ground than they have) and always win the big ones. 

Even their record crowd (65k) was against us. We won that one too. 

Cheers BarneyBattles, was I correct about the current Hibs supporters probably have Irish links or is it about the geography and where you live and are brought up? Their stronghold is Leith and surrounding areas I imagine while Hearts have Gorgie, Dalry and areas to the west. I have never lived in a City with two rival clubs sharing that city, here in Cardiff our rivals are 40 miles away to the west and east so it's interesting to see how Edinburgh is shared. 

Dagger Is Back

If they disappeared off the face of the earth I'd be bloody delighted. 

Could rant all day, but this myth about flair football and being some kind of Scottish galacticos really rips my knitting

7 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Spot on. Only Naismith I think gets it amongst the current crop. Maybe Hickey as well. 

Robbo, Hartley, Skacel, Gowser, Zal, Black even Nade (that's just the players I can think of off the top of my head right now) all knew what it was like to get it right up Hibs. 

There were folk turning their noses up at the prospect of re-signing Gowser recently. The mind boggles.

If I could sell myself to the devil for an earthquake straight through fester rd with them vermin in it I would .

22 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

They are proud of their Irish roots have an Irish harp in their badge and play in Irish colours 

this is Scotland they can feck aff

:sweeet:

Petrie's tach (even adolf would be ashamed) 

Dumsters barnet, Haley cropper shakes her head in disbelief

Broony- even though he's a Tim now he has Hibs wee man syndrome 

Kenny miller- as above 

the cooky monster - can anyone show that clip after Ozturk's goal? ☺️

They are now, more than ever before, Surrogate Celtic. The Lennon factor, the sub-Green Brigade castratos in the Enid Blyton and their displays (the ‘Hibs class’ one certainly ended well), the sickening love-ins between the sets of supporters on social media. They’re not much more than a branch office of the Big Plastics.

Hibernian FC: a social disease.

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

The ‘wee huns are shite’ song they sang in the January derby signalled a change for me. Total mini Celtic shit. 

Yep. They always were lyrically challenged, but now it’s the Sellick songbook verbatim. A tragic bunch of neds.

Ronald Villiers
10 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Totally mate, we need more players like that lot.

Ronald Villiers
6 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Eh? We won twice on their pitch thus/last season. 

I know, I was at both Barney, they were great wins.  I was also at Tynie on Boxing Day.  In my opinion our players don't get the rivalry as much as many former players.  We've got Naisy and I'd say Clevid also gets us.  All I'm saying is I miss having players like the ones mentioned earlier and others like Kevin Kyle, Stephen Elliot and Kyle Lafferty.  

Smoked-Glass

Would you rather be like Aberdeen and not have a Derby??  Think about that for a moment.  There are teams out there with NO DERBY or at least not nowhere near the true meaning of a Derby.  Middlesbrough is another example. 

Those teams have never had a Derby, while we ve always had one.    We are fortunate to have this extra spicy fixture and even more fortunate to dominate it to the point of near pillage. 

Bunny Munro
17 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Agree with this. Some folk really do not appreciate how much they hate us. 

I think it depends if you're the cat or the mouse. 

Lone Striker

I only hate Hibs when they beat us - which thankfully is not often. Otherwise, they're fabulous obliging neighbours. 

You have to wonder what's going on in the heads of their celebrity fans though - what exactly is the attraction ?   We can let Andy Murray off, since his grandad played for them - but all those arty farty & media types ?     Just wierd.

I used to be on the EdinburghDerby fans forum a while back - interesting experience actually, since there was a fair few Hobo posters who seemed intelligent  enough to enter into proper chat and debate about stuff.   Not enough of them sadly, which is probably why the place folded. 

10 hours ago, leginten said:

They are now, more than ever before, Surrogate Celtic. The Lennon factor, the sub-Green Brigade castratos in the Enid Blyton and their displays (the ‘Hibs class’ one certainly ended well), the sickening love-ins between the sets of supporters on social media. They’re not much more than a branch office of the Big Plastics.

Hibernian FC: a social disease.

The vermin are the original Big plastics, remember.😬.  The thing with Hibs fans though, is most won’t have Irish heritage. Certainly with Hibs being located in Edinburgh and the Irish influx nowhere near as big as it was in the West back in the day. 

They need a belonging though. They need to have their watered down,  fake warrior  poet, besieged Irish narrative.

Smoked-Glass
44 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Funny you mention Middlesbrough, and you are spot on. We have rivalries with Newcastle, Sunderland and Dirty Leeds, but none of those clubs see us as their main rivals, and truth be told they are all historically bigger clubs than Boro so probably just laugh at us when we try to noise them up. There is also disagreement among Boro fans about who is the main rival - being from North Yorkshire and going to school in the 70s I've always disliked Dirty Leeds - other Boro fans of a different age or from different areas would disagree. It often boils down to which one we're in the same division as.

I used to wonder about plastic Liverpool and Manchester United fans getting excited about their teams' derbies - I couldn't understand how a Liverpool fan from Redcar could get excited about playing Everton when he isn't from Merseyside and would rarely meet an Everton fan. All this changed when I began to fall out of love with Boro and started supporting Hearts.

The feeling of a proper same-city derby game is difficult to describe, so I won't even try. All I can say is that, due to distance and transport, midweek games necessitate 2 days off work and a hotel. I can only justify the time and expense for a derby, and I never regret doing it.

Funnily enough, although I no longer have the same love for Boro, my dislike of Dirty Leeds remains undiminished.

Yes. Middlesbourgh don't like Sunderland  but Sunderland have their derby v Newcastle so it's not the same.

Leeds probably don't like Sheff UTD or Sheff Wed  but those 2 teams have each other for the derby.

TorinoJambo
On 19 May 2020 at 22:57, Morgan said:

Surely you know that there were over 40,000 of them at Tynecastle that day?

Over 35,000 of them were either not born yet, or dead.

They are the sickest, and saddest support, of any Scottish team.  

Let them rot.  :fth: 

I was at the game. Some derbies in the seventies weren't all ticket but this was. Hibs got around 12000. No more. A sort of dummy run for the 80 million Smelltic fans at Seville perchance?

Seaside jambo
2 hours ago, j1964m said:

image.jpeg.727ae1d3ed3722ba68d5993b5429deb9.jpeg

A warning should have been posted before that photo was put up, right out of the lord of the rings 😳

2 hours ago, j1964m said:

image.jpeg.727ae1d3ed3722ba68d5993b5429deb9.jpeg

To be fair to this poor lad, I guess he has learning difficulties amongst other problems.

Much as I like to knock Hibs and their fans, this photo is a poor example by which to criticise them.

I’m sure you posted this in the spirit of the thread however, and with no malice aforethought.  :thumbsup:

Smoked-Glass
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

To be fair to this poor lad, I guess he has learning difficulties amongst other problems.

Much as I like to knock Hibs and their fans, this photo is a poor example by which to criticise them.

I’m sure you posted this in the spirit of the thread however, and with no malice aforethought.  :thumbsup:

we should post a picture of blowfish hibby.  remember him ?  🙂

SpikeDudley
On 19/05/2020 at 23:49, Hearts1975 said:

1/ Their continual failure to even acknowledge that through the course of history they have been dominated by us throughout 

2/ Their players - Scum minded mentality. In the 80's their claim to fame was that they had nights out with the CCS - Their claim to domination then was that they were hanging around with like minded thugs and would burst anyone that looked in their direction (Mind you when you consider they had nothing else to boast about)

3/ Their desperation Pre CVA to see us disappear. Even to the point of their scum fan base writing letters to Lithuania and anyone who would listen to their shit. Sickening they would stoop so low and just to remove us as they had no clue how to be bigger and better than us, other than that

4/ 1902 - They seem to think that their wee flukey cup win against the orcs when lets face it, the orcs were absolutely shite that day makes up for A/ Since 1902 and B/ The biggest Hampden Demolition in the existence of Scottish Football - How it hurts 

5/ Specific players - Walrus Face Paul Kane, Smack heid Mickey Weir, Rat face O-riordan, Ivan Sproule (Just a wee ....), Coke face O Connor, Ian Murray (Another .....), I could go on, but instant hatred comes to mind with the lot just mentioned. 

That's just off the top of my head. No doubt if I wrote this next week it would be another different set of reasons. Will never fall short of reasons to hate them or laugh at them. 

The one consistent with Hibs is that they will always be a Scum Club, Scum Mentality and just basically Scum 

Came here to post "writing letters to Lithuania"

That went beyond a friendly sporting rivalry and is why it will never be such a thing .

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

He has, Morg. It came up before and, iirc, a JKB'er knew of the lad and confirmed that the boy has learning difficulties. As you suggest, Seaside, presumably, won't have known, so no blame.

Everyone else on the bus is an eejit, though.

Edited by martoon