Top 5 reasons to hate Hibs

Morgan

On the anniversary of the doing we gave them, what are the ultimate top 5 reasons you have for despising them?

Let me start with:

Their support.

Their bitterness, and inability to accept, that they are Edinburgh’s wee team.

Bleating on about a game that was played over 47 years ago.  In which they gained two league points!  Two.

Deeks.

Mickey Weir.

I choose ‘top 5’ because, if I hadn’t, I could have been here all night.  

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Beast Boy

• milky_26

• Hearts1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, jonesy said:

Don’t hate them. Just laugh. 

I do that too, Jonesy.

1) Their supporters actively went out of their way to try and delay our CVA, which would have seen us liquidated.

2-5) Lots of other less important stuff.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Just now, jonesy said:

Fair enough. Hate on!

1. Portraying themselves as warrior poets despite chunks of their support being racist, bigoted scum. 

2. They never acknowledge that we’ve saved them from disappearing from existence, twice. 

3. They inadvertently gave rise to Celtic. 

4. Their stadium is an eyesore when admiring the view over the Forth from Arthur’s Seat. 

5. The Proclaimers. 

Oh man!  I love your number 5! 👍

Those ‘Sunshine on Leith boys’.

Tools.

3 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Very difficult to hate that mob, they’ve given us so much joy over the years.

Zibi.

:) 

gashauskis9

1. The fact that they exist

2.  The fact that they still exist

3.  ****ing hell are they still here?

4.  Mickey Weir

5.  The flair 

1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

4.  Mickey Weir

5.  The flair 

:yas: 

Their strip is vile - horrible green and wee white sleeves. Oh come on. Makes you puke just thinking about it 

Just now, jonesy said:

I pass one of them now and again when I’m up Causewayside. Always tempted to give him the old 5-1, before I remember that being that ugly is punishment itself. 

No shame in admitting I vandalised a gig poster of theirs in Portland, Oregon in the early 2000s. 

In fact, all their celebrity fans are arseholes. 

I lived above one of them (don’t know which) when we were first married.  Used to thump my foot on the floor and play the Hearts song on derby days.

So did my wife.  :lol: 

Good girl that she was.

Bunny Munro
11 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

1) Their supporters actively went out of their way to try and delay our CVA, which would have seen us liquidated.

2-5) Lots of other less important stuff.

2 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Their strip is vile - horrible green and wee white sleeves. Oh come on. Makes you puke just thinking about it 

These.

Apart from that I love them.

Scotland's jesters.

FTH

8 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

This horrendous thing?

208FD5B6-CFA6-4C5D-BE6A-A53F7203857B.gif

queensferryjambo
19 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Bleating on about a game that was played over 47 years ago.  In which they gained two league points!  Two.

Even worse they all talk like they were at the game. I hardly know any Hibs fans who were even born or were even at Primary school by 1973.

True story - When I was young my Grandad told me he had been to a Hearts game as a lad and Hearts scored 8 goals against Hibs. I wasn't sure it was true but with the advent of the internet it turned out it was true and it was an 8-3 victory in 1935.

To put that into perspective he wasn't wearing a ****ing T Shirt with it on in 1982 :) 

1 minute ago, queensferryjambo said:

Even worse they all talk like they were at the game. I hardly know any Hibs fans who were even born or were even at Primary school by 1973.

True story - When I was young my Grandad told me he had been to a Hearts game as a lad and Hearts scored 8 goals against Hibs. I wasn't sure it was true but with the advent of the internet it turned out it was true and it was an 8-3 victory in 1935.

To put that into perspective he wasn't wearing a ****ing T Shirt with it on in 1982 :) 

Surely you know that there were over 40,000 of them at Tynecastle that day?

Over 35,000 of them were either not born yet, or dead.

They are the sickest, and saddest support, of any Scottish team.  

Let them rot.  :fth: 

queensferryjambo

Back on topic - 

1. The constant bullshit they have spread for decades that clearly isn't true & makes not just Hearts fans burst out laughing - flair football, teaching Brasil to play football (even though Brasil had already been in a World Cup final by this point), they would have won everything in the 70s if it wasn't for that great Celtic team (even though they rarely came second at anything and other teams won more trophies than them apart from Celtic) the list goes on and on.

2. Their trampy violent, racist bigoted fans and the fact that none of their more rational fans ever acknowledge their cave dweller fans. Prime example of this is every single person I know on facebook who supports Hibs all 'like' CCS facebook page - to a man. If they were ever to get attacked by thugs the same as CCS ever in their lives they would A. Shit themselves B. Be appalled. Yet they still like these Robin hood characters :( 

3. Whipping themselves up into a frenzy when they win a derby. It is just embarrassing it is like they have won the Champions League. We all know what I am on about and have seen it countless times.

4. Hibs Fibs - the horrendous myths that their fans spout about Hearts - like 22 in a row was all draws (which even with stats I couldn't get one Hibs fan to back down on), Hearts only beat us back in the 80s and 90s because they kicked us off the park - watch those games again please and see who done the clugging, John Colquhoun has the scars to prove it. Hearts kicked their way to the league title as in 58 and 60 - odd how they scored a record amount of goals and the players are all recognised as legends of their time.

5. We were the first to - be in europe (even though they never qualified and were invited), have floodlights (when they weren't), have a scoreboard and loads of other mega mundane things that other football fans don't give a shit about. I mean FFS first to wear green - really? Is that an achievement or indeed even a fact? Or even something anyone could care less about.

They are summed up by their relegation party karma.

sums them up perfectly.

losers to a man. It’ll not be long until their euphoria at the moment turns to tragedy once again.

As usual they look away from their own doorstep to give themselves their erections. I look forward to their inevitable fall

manaliveits105

They are proud of their Irish roots have an Irish harp in their badge and play in Irish colours 

this is Scotland they can feck aff

Great thread Morgan. 

1. The email stuff

2. Lack of appreciation for helping them out when they were on their knees. 
3. Rod Petrie

4. Deek

5. Stokes

I more look at the things I really love about their complete incompetence:

1. 5-1

2. 4-0

3. Relegation party and own demise

4. Other 5-1

5. Those last minute goals (Ozturk, Weir x2, Stamp) etc

The list could go on - Hibs never won a derby until I went to primary school, being the second best pub team in Edinburgh...

Choose continual disappointment. Choose endless misery. Choose constantly being overshadowed. Choose bitterness. Choose Hibernian FC.

Hearts1975

1/ Their continual failure to even acknowledge that through the course of history they have been dominated by us throughout 

2/ Their players - Scum minded mentality. In the 80's their claim to fame was that they had nights out with the CCS - Their claim to domination then was that they were hanging around with like minded thugs and would burst anyone that looked in their direction (Mind you when you consider they had nothing else to boast about)

3/ Their desperation Pre CVA to see us disappear. Even to the point of their scum fan base writing letters to Lithuania and anyone who would listen to their shit. Sickening they would stoop so low and just to remove us as they had no clue how to be bigger and better than us, other than that

4/ 1902 - They seem to think that their wee flukey cup win against the orcs when lets face it, the orcs were absolutely shite that day makes up for A/ Since 1902 and B/ The biggest Hampden Demolition in the existence of Scottish Football - How it hurts 

5/ Specific players - Walrus Face Paul Kane, Smack heid Mickey Weir, Rat face O-riordan, Ivan Sproule (Just a wee ....), Coke face O Connor, Ian Murray (Another .....), I could go on, but instant hatred comes to mind with the lot just mentioned. 

That's just off the top of my head. No doubt if I wrote this next week it would be another different set of reasons. Will never fall short of reasons to hate them or laugh at them. 

The one consistent with Hibs is that they will always be a Scum Club, Scum Mentality and just basically Scum 

They are Vile, Terrible Losers

They are all Hobos

They don't understand the joy they bring us

They are Hibs

Broon, Thumb, Riordan, Sproul, Murray

Is that too many?

cubanjambo
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

This horrendous thing?

208FD5B6-CFA6-4C5D-BE6A-A53F7203857B.gif

That's the best it's ever looked

Bazzas right boot

The fact they go on about being from leith and not Edinburgh, but then switch when it suits- arseholes. 

Thier shitty slope on the pitch they were famous for. 

Thier flair football that they think they have always had. 

The way they go on about floodlights. 

Spawning Scott Brown. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Fair enough. Hate on!

1. Portraying themselves as warrior poets despite chunks of their support being racist, bigoted scum. 

2. They never acknowledge that we’ve saved them from disappearing from existence, twice. 

3. They inadvertently gave rise to Celtic. 

4. Their stadium is an eyesore when admiring the view over the Forth from Arthur’s Seat. 

5. The Proclaimers. 

This and their joy at our potential demise a few years ago and expulsion the now. They celebrate our misfortunes because they have so little success the ****s

Where to begin.

I hate heir love in with Celtic; it really truly winds me up.  They like to claim we're Rangers cousins, but Hibs have a full on incestuous relationship with a Club who constantly pretend they're interested in anything they have to offer. It's disgusting. 

I hate the arrogant delusional attitude their fans have, and how they rewrite and outright ignore history to make themselves feel better.  The simple fact of the matter is they never win anything, they constantly get comically slapped about by everyone and anyone, and their Derby record is atrocious... but actually speak to one of them and you'd think they were some sort of unbeatable Gods of football. 

I hate how they tried to bury us when we were in the shit, going as far as getting out the Crayolas to send letters to a country none of them could point to on a map.  Absolutely pathetic behaviour, yet they lapped it up. 

I hate the fact there are so many interlopers on here who act like they are criminal mastermind of the decade, pulling off the greatest act of subterfuge the world has ever seen. They are so painfully obvious, but they don't have the intelligence to see how obvious they are. How sad do you have to be to spend your own free time behind a persona pretending to be a fan of your rival team... to win, what exactly?  The adoration of a handful of other sad people that do the same?   Magic. 

And finally, I hate that they bring up a result from nearly 50 years ago as some sort of Trump card, even though they must know themselves that it's worthless, and will never ever be anywhere near as good as any of the results we've had against them at Hampden.

Maple Leaf
5 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

4.  Mickey Weir

5.  The flair 

Excellent stuff.  :thumb:

I don't hate them as that's too strong a word for something so irrelevant, but they're very easy to dislike.

And as for those Jambos who say they have Hibbie mates ... :facepalm:

Get a grip of yourselves ... :rudi:

The Gorgie

Hard to truly hate a team that you have pumped your entire life time. However i dislike their mutant fan base. Really are a bitter bunch, understandably given the amount of times they big themselves up only for the hearts, a shit hearts team at that, to pump them time and time again.

Glorious

John Findlay

I have never hated Hibs, and this from someone who between 1967-1979 only saw us beat them once which was the 08/09/73. 

Those of us of a certain vintage suffered in the late 60s and 1970s.

However, this is why it makes it all the sweeter when we beat them everytime on the pitch. 1998 cup win for the longevity since the last cup win 

2012, because of the opposition and the total humiliation we dished out that day.

Two victories at ER this season, especially the latest one. They again were never in the hunt.

Scummy club from a scummy place.  It used to be at least.  I haven't been there for years.

The vomit green jersey.  The Irish name.

I could go on.

manaliveits105
44 minutes ago, baron of ness said:

The first club in the UK to put mouse shit in their pies.

Damn you do have to give them that🐭

Reasons to hate Hibs-

The Tache with his nasty comments about us

Their players who have a history of thuggery, drug abuse and criminality

Their support who act like a scummy version of the Celtic support

Their sectarian background
The bad name they give the decent people in Leith

That "how can I hate Hibs when they've given us so much joy?" line is really weak and needs dropped. Anyone fan trotting it out is oblivious to the hatred they have for us. 

Nothing wrong with holding them in disdain, but the sooner we reciprocate their attitude towards us the better, in my opinion. 

1. Their scummy fans pathetic attempts to sabotage the CVA.

2. Their cringey, constant arse licking of Celtic.

3. Their weird obsession with our finances.

4. .net and their oddball members.

5. Their players who always seem to make the front page instead of the back.

47 minutes ago, pablo said:

That "how can I hate Hibs when they've given us so much joy?" line is really weak and needs dropped. Anyone fan trotting it out is oblivious to the hatred they have for us. 

Nothing wrong with holding them in disdain, but the sooner we reciprocate their attitude towards us the better, in my opinion. 

Agree with this. Some folk really do not appreciate how much they hate us. 

15 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

The child’s scarf just completes the outfit! 

His trophy, after eating said child.

Fitzroy Pointon
8 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

i love hibs as its the only team we can beat :rifle:  

:laugh: true. 

I'm using this one a lot these days. Reminding them that even though this is the worst Hearts team in my lifetime, we still turned them over twice at their midden this season, the second time playing them off the park. 

Any normal rival would put the boot right into us but their bottle crashes as usual. 

One thing that really gets me is the absolute arse licking of Celtic. Septic came to Tynecastle all dressed the same in olive jackets last year. Guess who done the exact same thing next time they came? Also, singing 'the wee Huns are sh*te'.

They have been battered by us their entire history, but try telling them that.