Top players never to have played for Old Firm.

KyleLafferty

coatbridgejambo
Just now, 1874jrs said:

Certainly not for what he done at Dundee

Would agree with that

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• milky_26

• Bazzas right boot

• coatbridgejambo

11 minutes ago, coatbridgejambo said:

Ravanelli (dundee)

And a couple of others they had at that time that I can't remember. Not novo

juan sara, beto caranza and fabian cabellero?

coatbridgejambo
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

juan sara, beto caranza and fabian cabellero?

That's the ones 👍

De vries 

Jean Louis valois

Skacel and Cameron definitely but when I saw the thread title Ravanelli immediately came to mind. The other one I thought of is Chris Waddle but he doesn't quite meet the OP's criteria as I think he had left Falkirk by 1998.

Folk naming Snodgrass , Andy Robertson etc these players are big now never done much in Scottish football when they were hear its best players to play in SPL outside old firm not Biggest names to play outside old firm which they are now . 

Don’t agree with Slane and Si saying Rudi wasn’t on their list man was tremendous 

John McGinn 

Stephen Fletcher 

Gary O’Connor  

Colin Cameron 

Rudi 

Takis

The Verminator

Liam Boyce - League top scorer a few seasons back when playing for Ross County - remarkable feat

Although I think a better question would be top players who never played for Hearts or the Old Firm since 98 as you would really need to think about opposition players, ones that you would want in your team

The Verminator

James McFadden - being to get the grey matter moving here, a bit difficult tho as I still think it`s 1979

23 minutes ago, The Verminator said:

Liam Boyce - League top scorer a few seasons back when playing for Ross County - remarkable feat

Although I think a better question would be top players who never played for Hearts or the Old Firm since 98 as you would really need to think about opposition players, ones that you would want in your team

James McCarthy would be the stand out imo. He’s a traiting plastic rodent though so good shout with McFadden. 

Edited by Last Laff

15 minutes ago, The Verminator said:

Keeping on the Well theme, David Clarkson

Ross McCormack a lot better. 

The Verminator

Didn`t he play for Rangers?

Just checked - played 11 times for them at the start of his career

Edited by The Verminator

Bunny Munro

Takis Fysass

Rudi Skacel

Eddie Jankauskas

Mauricio Pinilla

Steven Fletcher

Frank Sauzee

James McFadden

Andy Robertson

Alexis Eremenko

John McGinn

9 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Robert Snodgrass at Livi

He’s one of my favourite current West Ham players. Doesn’t play enough. He’s also daft as a brush,

Samuel Camazzola
13 hours ago, tian447 said:

Eremenko was unbelievable, just looked so natural with the ball.

Rudi Skacel, thankfully, never played for either of them :wub: 

To think Rudi was scouted for Celtic as a left back and even trained with them but the opted for Mo Kamara! 😂

34 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

James Morrison of Leicester ? 
played for Aberdeen did he not?

maddison not morrison

bajthejambo

Eion Jess and Sol Bamba both played a lot of football up here and went on to have good careers down south. For two that haven't been mentioned already.

An embarrassment of a podcast from them. Rudi wouldn’t have got a game for the old firm and Mark De Vries was hopeless according to them. Garry O’Connor however was like Messi up here and had more to his game than even rat boy 🙈🙈😂😂. Zero research as per. 5 ex hibs players mentioned. Not one Hearts player from the 2006 squad mentionEd, you know the squad that included a European champion and champions league winner. The season after we had a Chilean internationalist who went on to play in the Italian leagues consistently. Then we have Gary Naismith who went onto a great career in England. Colin Cameron, Robbie Neilson, Stephane Adam, Thomas Flogel, Salvatori etx etx. A shambles of a podcast. Steven Fletcher, Gary O’Connor, John McGinn, Frank Sauze and Russel Latapy. 

3 hours ago, busby1985 said:

An embarrassment of a podcast from them. Rudi wouldn’t have got a game for the old firm and Mark De Vries was hopeless according to them. Garry O’Connor however was like Messi up here and had more to his game than even rat boy 🙈🙈😂😂. Zero research as per. 5 ex hibs players mentioned. Not one Hearts player from the 2006 squad mentionEd, you know the squad that included a European champion and champions league winner. The season after we had a Chilean internationalist who went on to play in the Italian leagues consistently. Then we have Gary Naismith who went onto a great career in England. Colin Cameron, Robbie Neilson, Stephane Adam, Thomas Flogel, Salvatori etx etx. A shambles of a podcast. Steven Fletcher, Gary O’Connor, John McGinn, Frank Sauze and Russel Latapy. 

They mentioned Rudi.  It isn’t a hearts based podcast either it’s three Celtic fans on the show, they aren’t going to remember loads of hearts players.  Flogel, Adam and Salvatori played before 2000 Cameron and Naysmith left in 2000.  Not sure what you expected?  Robbie Neilson in the top ten non old firm players aye? :lol: Rudi Takis and Janny are worth a shout Pingol done nothing in Scotland. 

3 hours ago, bajthejambo said:

Eion Jess and Sol Bamba both played a lot of football up here and went on to have good careers down south. For two that haven't been mentioned already.

C-Patz in the same bracket. 

manaliveits105

TOP PLAYERS NEVER HAVE TO PLAY FOR THE OLD FIRM - should be the title of thread - only EPL rejects end up in the weeg

Bazzas right boot

Skacel

Cameron

Pinalla 

J mcginn

Latapy

A Robertson 

G naysmith

Fsysis

Mafadden

Patterson

Rooney? 

Biased to  Hearts and obvious ones I seen stand out. 

A lot of left footers... 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Skacel

Cameron

Pinalla 

J mcginn

Latapy

A Robertson 

G naysmith

Fsysis

Mafadden

Patterson

Rooney? 

A lot of left footers... 

as pointed out earlier latapy played for rangers

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Kasper Schmeichel

Shout. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, milky_26 said:

as pointed out earlier latapy played for rangers

Did he? 

Quality, now I can double my hate for the wee prick. 

Genuinely the only hibs player that has ever given me the fear. 

Tore us for arse paper, thinking about petric "marking" him still makes me break out in a sweat. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Skacel

Cameron

Pinalla 

J mcginn

Latapy

A Robertson 

G naysmith

Fsysis

Mafadden

Patterson

Rooney? 

A lot of left footers... 

Latapy bumped Hibs for huns. 

36 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

They mentioned Rudi.  It isn’t a hearts based podcast either it’s three Celtic fans on the show, they aren’t going to remember loads of hearts players.  Flogel, Adam and Salvatori played before 2000 Cameron and Naysmith left in 2000.  Not sure what you expected?  Robbie Neilson in the top ten non old firm players aye? :lol: Rudi Takis and Janny are worth a shout Pingol done nothing in Scotland. 

A bit of research wouldn’t have went a miss. It’s basically players they know, wanted at Celtic or played for the clubs they supported. Not many players come up to Scotland, split the old firm, get champs league football and win a trophy. Not one of them made the list other than rudi and he was written off instantly. Was an embarrassment. 

6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

A bit of research wouldn’t have went a miss. It’s basically players they know, wanted at Celtic or played for the clubs they supported. Not many players come up to Scotland, split the old firm, get champs league football and win a trophy. Not one of them made the list other than rudi and he was written off instantly. Was an embarrassment. 

It’s a few pals on a football show talking crap.  I don’t think open goal is for you if you expected different tbh.  Kyle bigged up Rudi tremendously.  Apart from Rudi our best players the season splitting the old firm all went to Celtic bar our left back.

Edited by Last Laff

Spitonastranger
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It’s a few pals on a football show talking crap.  I don’t think open goal is for you if you expected different tbh.  Kyle bigged up Rudi tremendously.  Apart from Rudi our best players the season splitting the old firm all went to Celtic apart from our left back.

So that make it ok to dismiss great Hearts players :cornette:

Just now, Spitonastranger said:

So that make it ok to dismiss great Hearts players :cornette:

What great players did they dismiss?  There’s not one “great” player they missed. Btw it’s since 2000.

Edited by Last Laff

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It’s a few pals on a football show talking crap.  I don’t think open goal is for you if you expected different tbh.  Kyle bigged up Rudi tremendously.  Apart from Rudi our best players the season splitting the old firm all went to Celtic bar our left back.

I love open goal, I love Si and the boys. Just thought considering we are the best side outside the old firm historically, that’s facts, that they’d have actual attempted to look at us. Duncan Sherear 😂😂

Spitonastranger
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

What great players did they dismiss?  Btw it’s since 2000.

Bednar Fysass Jankauskis probably bad spelling but you know who i mean  

Edited by Spitonastranger

3 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Bednar Fysass Jankauskis probably bad spelling but you know who i mean  

They weren’t hearts greats all very good players for us though, I did include Janny and Takis myself. 

6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I love open goal, I love Si and the boys. Just thought considering we are the best side outside the old firm historically, that’s facts, that they’d have actual attempted to look at us. Duncan Sherear 😂😂

Fair point with Duncan Shearer :lol: 

Spitonastranger
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

They weren’t hearts greats all very good players for us though, I did include Janny and Takis myself. 

No got us to cup final and 2nd in league but not greats, they are by the way

3 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

No got us to cup final and 2nd in league but not greats, they are by the way

All about opinions I suppose.