Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The national scaremongering has, indeed backfired. Time to just treat Covid as we do every virus, - yes, you could catch it, as you could flu or any other virus - but we don't retreat into our shells in fear of something that will only affect a miniscule percentage of the population.  Particularly vulnerable people can choose to shield if they wish, with support available if required, but others , including elderly people should be allowed to make their own choices. Most people want to live their lives rather than just exist. 

Any attempts by govts to impose another national lockdown will quite rightly be met by widespread population resistance. 

This is the only option IMO until a vaccine is found and even then it most likely will be like any flu vaccine with no guarantees.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Schools closed long before the summer holidays, especially in England. And from what I saw during lockdown schoolchildren paid no attention to social distancing when the schools were shut. As indeed is much the case now they are open. And on the evidence of risk posed by them and to them they were right to do so.

Out and about spying on kids during lockdown at your age FA.

I think the mental picture I now have of you is complete.

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Not good, they don't count towards the 6 but they do count towards the household number.

My daughter meets up with her friends to walk to school, obviously more than 2 households. Just about every kid does the same.

How does that work with the rules?

AlphonseCapone
4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

My daughter meets up with her friends to walk to school, obviously more than 2 households. Just about every kid does the same.

How does that work with the rules?

It doesn't. But then given they'll spend full days together at school, it doesn't make much sense as a rule. I can see why folk get annoyed with the inconsistency and illogical nature of some rules. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Righto.

Who on here was karaoking in Pathead last weekend?

What did you sing?

King Billy's on the wall followed by the Hearts song.

Standing ovation.

2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Was wee Jimmie Krankie oan the tellie again wae her mad, nationalist covid agenda. I'm fuming. 

Why are you fuming?

if you don’t like it, don’t watch it 

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

King Billy's on the wall followed by the Hearts song.

Standing ovation.

Willie likes the Willie, follow by the Hearts song. 

14 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Night on the sauce with her French lady friend?.....allegedly! 

That’s diplomats for you, smooth tongued

Governor Tarkin
18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:D

:D

Got all the scratch coating finished up today so well happy and could murder a pint!

16 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I know - he is odd

He is mate. Total screwball.

I've been considering putting his tedious, ill-informed, hair-brained nonsense on ignore for some time now, but I've got to give him credit for managing to stay in character for so long.

👍

Edited by Governor Tarkin

37 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Night on the sauce with her French lady friend?.....allegedly! 

Got an image of Yvette from 'Allo 'Allo in my head now .😂

9 hours ago, jambo89 said:

😅

My nana seems to think it effects her hearing, but  strangely only when other people are wearing them too and she is having a conversation!!! Don't think she has made the connection yet!

It reminded me of the old Tommy Cooper joke, " Doctor, Doctor, it hurts when I touch here, it hurts when I touch here and it hurts when I touch here" and the Doctor said, "you've broke your finger"

Tommy Cooper!  Just like that!

:biggrin: 

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Got an image of Yvette from 'Allo 'Allo in my head now .😂

No idea if the rumour is true but I'd imagine she would be more like the small blonde aggressive one! 😄

Nucky Thompson
19 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

US vaccine approved for use to start being shipped in next 24 hours,

Where is this being reported?

27 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

US vaccine approved for use to start being shipped in next 24 hours,

Johnson, Sturgeon and Hancock can go first.

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

My bad it’s a plan to ship in 24 hours after approval it’s not been approved. Misread headline when came across feed. 

Ah well. Hopefully soon

28 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

No idea if the rumour is true but I'd imagine she would be more like the small blonde aggressive one! 😄

Allegedly🤣

Shanks said no

Nicola drinking from the furry cup, Well I never. Whatever will Peter say. Allegedly

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

11 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Nicola drinking from the furry cup, Well I never. Whatever will Peter say. Allegedly

I thought it was known that her husband and her parted for this reason??

3 Hamilton players now returning negative results....surprise, surprise.  The partner of a work colleague tested positive for Covid after it was passed from other family members, sister, cousin along with friends. The gran had been in contact with him too and also tested positive.  About 10 people in total, all returning positive tests and not one of them experienced any symptoms during the 14 days.

We need far more clarity from the govt around case numbers. How many experience no symptoms at all, how many suffer mild effects. We know that very few go to hospital so why are govts formulating public policy based on test results that may end up being as inaccurate as the Covid deaths and hospital admission figures??

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

I heard the rumours. If true, they must have an injunction against publication.

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

3 Hamilton players now returning negative results....surprise, surprise.  The partner of a work colleague tested positive for Covid after it was passed from other family members, sister, cousin along with friends. The gran had been in contact with him too and also tested positive.  About 10 people in total, all returning positive tests and not one of them experienced any symptoms during the 14 days.

We need far more clarity from the govt around case numbers. How many experience no symptoms at all, how many suffer mild effects. We know that very few go to hospital so why are govts formulating public policy based on test results that may end up being as inaccurate as the Covid deaths and hospital admission figures??

I was speaking to a costumer today who lost a brother in law and a cousin in the last couple of months.

The guy was battling cancer for a couple of years and ended up in hospital for 4 days before he died. They put suspected covid on his death certificate to the bemusement of the family.

Same with the woman, she died in her sleep and same again suspected covid on the death certificate.

It seems anyone over 80 who dies is a suspected covid death, even if they haven't tested positive 

9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I heard the rumours. If true, they must have an injunction against publication.

Aye, probably, understandable really.

It's a shit state of affairs when, and I'm no fan of hers, Nicola Sturgeon couldn't "come out" if the rumours are true, it's 2020 ffs.

14 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Because it doesn't suit whatever agenda they might have, or maybe if the truth came out nobody would do what they are told.

So it’s Freshers week in Edinburgh and folk from all corners of the globe have descended on the capital and are congregating in groups bevying across the city. Magic lockdown 2 today is coming. The better not close the gyms or golf course. 

11 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Aye, probably, understandable really.

It's a shit state of affairs when, and I'm no fan of hers, Nicola Sturgeon couldn't "come out" if the rumours are true, it's 2020 ffs.

You're right. I'm certainly not a fan of her either and you would think she would be able nowadays to do so. But everyone is entitled to their privacy and, of course, the rumours may be completely unfounded.

15 minutes ago, graygo said:

Because it doesn't suit whatever agenda they might have, or maybe if the truth came out nobody would do what they are told.

Absolutely correct 

21 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I was speaking to a costumer today who lost a brother in law and a cousin in the last couple of months.

The guy was battling cancer for a couple of years and ended up in hospital for 4 days before he died. They put suspected covid on his death certificate to the bemusement of the family.

Same with the woman, she died in her sleep and same again suspected covid on the death certificate.

It seems anyone over 80 who dies is a suspected covid death, even if they haven't tested positive 

That's terrible to lose 2 relatives like that in quick succession.  But why the insistence on suspecting Covid? Stories like that will have been replicated right round the country and are giving a false impression of the actual threat.

Shanks said no
34 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

That would really surprise me, I went to school with him and grew up a couple of streets away. He must have changed in the last 40 years is all I'll say.

3 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

That would really surprise me, I went to school with him and grew up a couple of streets away. He must have changed in the last 40 years is all I'll say.

What would surprise you sorry?

21 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

So it’s Freshers week in Edinburgh and folk from all corners of the globe have descended on the capital and are congregating in groups bevying across the city. Magic lockdown 2 today is coming. The better not close the gyms or golf course. 

Where are they congregating? If more than 6 in group they must be reported 

jack D and coke
30 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I was told this months ago by a friend who knows someone in the police. 
There’s been something very wrong with this whole thing almost from day one. 

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Get down to the Pleasance with your binoculars!

Samuel Camazzola
14 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Frankensteins. Get on it! 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic