SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

9 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm also feeling extremely uneasy about it. 

Budge makes the introduction which likely wouldn't have happened otherwise and these vindictive ****s still force us into a league which may not even still be played next season. 

Budge is helping to save Scottish football and her reward will be to still be expelled. Just doesn't sit well with me at all. 

I said the same thing yesterday, I don’t see this offer as being any good for us and our fight to have our expulsion reversed.

if anyone haa an argument to the contrary I’d love to hear it though as maybe I’m missing something here? 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

5 minutes ago, Rods said:

I am not worrying I am just seeing this as a way to prevent any chat on strings attached.

Reconstruction will go through.

Not sure.

I was never confident Ann's proposal going through but always thought there would be a "natural reconstruction" due to teams who can play BCD. If this money supports clubs to do play BDC I think our chances of reconstruction reduces. This rollercoaster of emotions since the league has been called has been awful

Just now, Deevers said:

Undoubtedly not. I’m just concerned as to where this is leading. I would hate to see this money lining Celtics coffers. The place where this help is needed is in the lower leagues and of ably from our perspective the  Championship if it’s to be up and ready. That’s where the money is needed. I don’t trust Doncaster or any of the sack of weasels on the SPFL Board.

Suspect it’s another clever ploy on Budges part. There’s two things that could stop lower leagues, incl Championship, from starting on schedule, COVID testing and playing behind closed doors  If Anderson is willing to fund the testing regime, as Budge said in her paper, that leaves only playing behind closed doors. Every club could play behind closed doors, it would just impact on the quality and status of the players they could field ie amateur or pro, and that’s what the clubs are saying. If a club isn’t willing to start the season behind closed closed doors then it’s because they are out of cash, effectively trading beyond their means. Every team can seriously reduce their running costs by hiring much lower paid players. This could be teams in all four leagues in which case they should be in breach of their membership regulations and should drop out of the SPFL or certainly to a lower division. Could force gaps in top league. 

5 minutes ago, Musemic said:

I think his offer will have to go much deeper than that. There are clubs in the Championship and below that don't have enough players to put a team out.  How are these clubs going to sign players and pay their wages? Even if they manage to do that how will they stay afloat with no fans coming through the turnstiles?

Play amateurs. They get an initial tv money payment early in the season

Their responsibility is to fulfill their fixtures, if they can’t - tough shit. It’s just like any other business or industry - if you can’t pay the bills you go under. 

6 minutes ago, AHS51 said:

Not sure.

I was never confident Ann's proposal going through but always thought there would be a "natural reconstruction" due to teams who can play BCD. If this money supports clubs to do play BDC I think our chances of reconstruction reduces. This rollercoaster of emotions since the league has been called has been awful

These discussion have been going on for a while. This is what triggered the SPFL to bring reconstruction back to the table. Doncaster and Mclennan have pulled this trick off already they will do it again this time to even the balance.

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Suspect it’s another clever ploy on Budges part. There’s two things that could stop lower leagues, incl Championship, from starting on schedule, COVID testing and playing behind closed doors  If Anderson is willing to fund the testing regime, as Budge said in her paper, that leaves only playing behind closed doors. Every club could play behind closed doors, it would just impact on the quality and status of the players they could field ie amateur or pro, and that’s what the clubs are saying. If a club isn’t willing to start the season behind closed closed doors then it’s because they are out of cash, effectively trading beyond their means. Every team can seriously reduce their running costs by hiring much lower paid players. This could be teams in all four leagues in which case they should be in breach of their membership regulations and should drop out of the SPFL or certainly to a lower division. Could force gaps in top league. 

Dream on.

its championship for us.

His name is

This deal better have more strings attached than a string factory made of string.

All in our favour of course.

Tommy Brown
10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I suspect his offer is to fund all of the testing requirements to get all the leagues started. 

So Celtic will be selling their £35k covid-19 test kit machine.

From a tabloid report, Killie were saying they could not afford the £6k per week testing. 10 weeks to kick off would be £60k per club

Approx £2.5m across 42 clubs.

Fag Packet Accountancy Ltd.

5 minutes ago, AHS51 said:

Not sure.

Until now I believed, as reported, that the money for was lower league clubs and not the top league.

Now Doncaster is saying it will benefit all 42 clubs.

Just wondering (and hoping) the goalposts have moved and the situation is

- for the benefit of the lower league, no strings attached, if HMFC in Championship

or

- for the benefit of all 42 clubs if we're in the top league.

That would be superb to see all these worms having turned.

doctor jambo

Dont see why any philanthropist would agree for any of his donated cash should be wasted when much of the damage hoving into view could be avoided by reconstruction.

Seems a massive head scratch to me!

Otherwise its "I'll donate £5million to save every club," then most of that gets hoovered up by Hearts

Dusk_Till_Dawn

If we end up in the Championship, this makes zero sense to me. You’d be talking about ludicrous altruism where one of the clubs taking the biggest hits arranges support for everyone else. 

niblick1874
21 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

We are still in the SPFL.

That maybe so but we are not one of them. 

Saint Jambo
7 minutes ago, AHS51 said:

Not sure.

That seems right to me. There will be no recognition of Budge's role in this. Other clubs will say he isn't anything to do with Hearts and could have donated the money regardless. They won't acknowledge the importance of personal introductions in the kind of relationships.

The reconstruction proposals were already dead. This won't change that. The only way any change looked likely was based on some clubs being unable to operate in August. This money may or may not be enough goblet clubs operate, but it has certainly made that more likely.

Fine gesture by Anderson and of course his money to do with as he sees fit, but why Budge thought this was a good thing to do is beyond me, beyond personal point scoring/ reputation with wider footballing community. Does Hearts no favours and probably hurts us.

I am sure there will be persuasion(robust conversations) going on as we speak and has been for sometime.

Simple matter is if there is no reconstruction the cash will have to be diverted for our court case. 

Get your popcorn ready this is going to be priceless.

annushorribilis III
5 minutes ago, His name is said:

This deal better have more strings attached than a string factory made of string.

All in our favour of course.

Thanks, Blackadder. 😄

No longer active

Benefiting all 42 clubs. Surely aiding the lower league clubs by a generous lump sum means that the SPL teams don’t have to put a side a proportion of the Sky money to help leagues 1 & 2 as was being mooted. Hence the payment helps all 42 clubs

1 hour ago, OTT said:

I hope it does tbh.

The guy is an unbelievably shitty person. Rather than praise it and laud Budge for managing to find such a good hearted soul he's bending over backwards to ensure Hearts still get ****ed. 

I'm thinking of just blocking the Daily Record via Chrome. Make sure the *******s never get another click out me again. 

I really think Hearts should be considering their position on allowing continued access of the Daily Record to the club, both on match day and contact with club staff - interviews with players etc. I think the Record have crossed a line with the club through their continual pursuit of the negative and spin. The screenshot of the two tweets regarding the release of players should underline that. They aren't behaving like journalists, so I think the club should then no longer be obligated to treat them like journalists. 

I'm all for fair criticism, but what the record are putting out isn't fair criticism. Its vicious and intended to stir up their mob of 'Celtic Da's' to abuse the club. At a certain point you need to start defending your name and reputation, and I think the Record have pushed Hearts into a corner with their constant attacks. Lets not forget the bloody knife just a few weeks ago from their sister paper. Its a rank rotten insitution that should no longer be afforded the respect of being considered journalism. 

The Record is a West Coast Weggie Rag that hates Hearts. 
Balanced Journalism does not exist for them it’s sensationalist sh!t stirring where ever possible. 
inonly occasionally click on it so I can expose their garbage in any way I can. 
I also have no doubt (no proof) he pops on here for a wee chuckle to himself and share with his cronies.

annushorribilis III

If that dick at Stenhousemuir open his mouth again, can someone remind him about this ......

Ridiculous nature of this move surely highlighted when considering the fact all three teams who were in last place in these three divisions at the exact equivalent stage last year - St Mirren, Alloa and Stenhousemuir - managed to get off the bottom by the end of the season

Jamboelite

Its the Championship for us unless a court sees otherwise, assuming we take it that far. i think we need to get used to it and yet sheer incompetence, greed and self interest win out.

Anderson must be aware of dodgy ferrets like McLennan. You can only imagine what he makes of having to share (even a cyber) room with him and that scumbag Doncaster. :yucky:

There is a reason why Anderson pitched his tent at Tynecastle first. Not Celtic Park, not Easter Road, and not Ibrox. He got involved because Ann Budge’s design for Hearts fitted his views and principles. Now he’s going to get involved in trying to save the wider game.

Celtic shouldn’t get a bean imo, but I suppose that’s just the way these things go. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth, and I’m sure it does the same to Anderson. McLennan and Doncaster will have told him that they can only accept it if goes to all the clubs though, I’m quite sure of that.

As long as he keeps his support of us up for the next five years, I suppose we just have to trust the man to have things under control. He’s far from a fool clearly.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

The Mercer Takeover
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Someone else suggesting Budge is a genius, without basis of fact.

Anderson may simply wish to assist Scottish football at this time of crisis. That is an honourable thing for a football supporter to do. If it was a genius call by Budge, how does helping the SPFL clubs, rather than just the lower league clubs, help.l us

If SPFL clubs are able to play a season, even with kids, we stay in the Championship.

25 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Great everyone gets money and we still get ****ed over.

**** this shit.

It’s not Hearts’ money.

Kirky Jambo
12 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I said the same thing yesterday, I don’t see this offer as being any good for us and our fight to have our expulsion reversed.

if anyone haa an argument to the contrary I’d love to hear it though as maybe I’m missing something here? 

While I share that concern my thoughts are that this benefactor is not going to throw money at an organization about to defend a legal action. Which Hearts have said they will raise if the injustice isn’t resolved.

Obviously this runs counter to the “not conditional on reconstruction” narrative but it from a commercial perspective plunging money at clubs about to be hit with a compensation claim they can’t otherwise afford would be madness.

Don’t really know what to think tbh

Selkirkhmfc1874
17 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Jackson getting battered on Twitter 😃😃😃

Think I've been one of the ones who's gave him bit stick on twitter 😂

Saint Jambo
1 minute ago, George Cowie said:

Benefiting all 42 clubs. Surely aiding the lower league clubs by a generous lump sum means that the SPL teams don’t have to put a side a proportion of the Sky money to help leagues 1 & 2 as was being mooted. Hence the payment helps all 42 clubs

That seems quite likely to me. You don't have to give money to Celtic for something to help them. Being able to operate the League Cup because the lower leagues are playing would arguably help all 42 clubs. Not having to deal with the distraction of some clubs not being able to fulfil fixtures would help all clubs.

Jamboelite
4 minutes ago, Rods said:

I am sure there will be persuasion(robust conversations) going on as we speak and has been for sometime.

Simple matter is if there is no reconstruction the cash will have to be diverted for our court case. 

Get your popcorn ready this is going to be priceless.

It really wont.

Reconstruction will fail or at best be punted down the road.

BelgeJambo

Could this be some sort of diversion tactic and they have taken the carrot?

I can hope

13 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Feels like an own goal for Hearts if all this is factual.

This whole pathetic affair has been totally sickening since the beginning and this tops it off.

Don't think I can stomach football here anymore,need to have chat with the wee man and hope he's not too upset about not going anymore.

Jamboelite
2 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

It’s not Hearts’ money.

Who said it was ? We appear to be doing alot of donkey work for no benefit when other clubs have sat on their arse and will now receive a bailout.

16 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

Well, not sure I'd recognise Weir to be honest.

Think ugly.

Like Paul Kane ugly.

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Anderson must be aware of dodgy ferrets like McLennan. You can only imagine what he makes of having to share (even a cyber room) with him and that scumbag Doncaster. :yucky:

There is a reason why Anderson pitched his tent at Tynecastle first. Not Celtic Park, not Easter Road, and not Ibrox. He got involved because Ann Budge’s design for Hearts fitted his views and principles. Now he’s going to get involved in trying to save the wider game.

Celtic shouldn’t get a bean imo, but I suppose that’s just the way these things go. Leaves Abbas taste in the mouth, and I’m sure it does the same to Anderson. McLennan and Doncaster will have told him that they can only accept it if goes to all the clubs though, I’m quite sure of that.

As long as he keeps his support of us up for the next five years, I suppose we just have to trust the man to have things under control. He’s far from a fool clearly.

You mean because now there is cash, all the teams are saying 'Gimme Gimme Gimme'?

I can’t see reconstruction happening. The leagues are dragging this out. What else were they discussing today?  I would have hoped that this money was to assist teams from the championship downward 

BelgeJambo
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Think I've been one of the ones who's gave him bit stick on twitter 😂

I must confess, I may have replied and used a sentence with the word “dick” in it

18 minutes ago, ford donald said:

He is a grovelling barsteward.

Give credit to a wummin and an Edinburgh club that's not Hibs? Perish the ****ing thought. 

4 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

They had better NOT even ****ing consider diverting the majority of the cash to the old firm. No strings - yes I understand fully that is how an ethical benefactor probably works - is very risky with these greedy, grasping scum putting their hands out. I felt much better about the funds only being used to support the lower league clubs tbh. 

11 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

So Celtic will be selling their £35k covid-19 test kit machine.

From a tabloid report, Killie were saying they could not afford the £6k per week testing. 10 weeks to kick off would be £60k per club

Approx £2.5m across 42 clubs.

Fag Packet Accountancy Ltd.

They might get reimbursed. Millions was what they said Anderson was willing to put up so your fag packet accountancy could be correct. 

bajthejambo

This surely puts any "self interest" arguement to bed for those who have been howling about it?

6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Anderson must be aware of dodgy ferrets like McLennan. You can only imagine what he makes of having to share (even a cyber room) with him and that scumbag Doncaster. :yucky:

Celtic shouldn’t get a bean imo, but I suppose that’s just the way these things go. Leaves Abbas taste in the mouth, and I’m sure it does the same to Anderson. McLennan and Doncaster will have told him that they can only accept it if goes to all the clubs though, I’m quite sure of that.

Not a bad thing. 😉

Agnetha-Faltskog-lollipop-6-1280x800.jpg

7 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Someone else suggesting Budge is a genius, without basis of fact.

Anderson may simply wish to assist Scottish football at this time of crisis. That is an honourable thing for a football supporter to do. If it was a genius call by Budge, how does helping the SPFL clubs, rather than just the lower league clubs, help.l us

If SPFL clubs are able to play a season, even with kids, we stay in the Championship.

But they won’t will they? 

7 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

While I share that concern my thoughts are that this benefactor is not going to throw money at an organization about to defend a legal action. Which Hearts have said they will raise if the injustice isn’t resolved.

Obviously this runs counter to the “not conditional on reconstruction” narrative but it from a commercial perspective plunging money at clubs about to be hit with a compensation claim they can’t otherwise afford would be madness.

Don’t really know what to think tbh

Win win really. They reconstruct and save us - everyone wins. They dump us into the Championship - then some of the benefactor money will come back to us - and whilst they lose out, they aren't left materially worse off than they were before the donation (making an assumption on the cash levels here). 

colinmaroon
5 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Why try and put words into the mouth of “Mr” Anderson (someone you didn’t know of ten minutes ago) to suit your opinion?  Fortunately his motives seem completely genuine.  I also don’t think he builds the reputation he has by being less Christian than yourself. 

Pathetic, like most of your misinformed stuff.

PS Just a footnote, who said I didn't know "Mr" Anderson previously?  Another of your out of the air opinions!

colinmaroon
5 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

That’s not very Christian of you Colin. 

Excuse me!  

I love the self-righteous finger pointers.  Plenty of them in the lake of fire.  Oops, the truth, that's not very Christian of me.

9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I can’t see reconstruction happening. The leagues are dragging this out. What else were they discussing today?  I would have hoped that this money was to assist teams from the championship downward 

Can't separate the leagues completely.

Testing and hubs.

No Championship/ shortened = 2 years with no promotion or relegation.

19 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If we end up in the Championship, this makes zero sense to me. You’d be talking about ludicrous altruism where one of the clubs taking the biggest hits arranges support for everyone else. 

The guy wants to help Scottish football out. I guess if he’s continuing to invest in Hearts we are not really in a position to tell him not to. 

The Mercer Takeover

As someone who thinks Budge is just completely out of her depth here, there is still the possibility of a message to the SPFL here over the Anderson visibility.

When Hearts take legal action, this clearly shows we will have deep pockets to cover all fees. A major Hearts benefactor has been highlighted and one who clearly is not sorry of money This should worry the SPFL.

I still suggest Bridge has accepted relegation and it is just compensation we are seeking. If so, she has to go in my book.

Dagger Is Back
On 31/05/2020 at 14:32, Clerry Jambo said:

Wee loser is back......

Been v quiet on this subject on here for a while but... Philanthropists. Free money.

Face with tears of joy
With no ‘self interest’ of saving Hearts from relegation. Prepared to throw money into a black hole in a time crisis. Financial blackmail surely the last throw of the dice for Ann Budge?

Look forward to your retraction you non educated  half wit. Your village must be out looking for you as we speak

Silvery_Moon
23 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That would be the final straw for many. Getting shafted then helping out those that have shafted us. 

annushorribilis III
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Can't separate the leagues completely.

Testing and hubs.

No Championship/ shortened = 2 years with no promotion or relegation.

People need to start getting their heads around this.

The implications are enormous and the £3m being kicked around is way more than that. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )