SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

26 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

@The Wrinkly Ninja made the point that Doncaster’s letter omitted to say that clubs could align themselves with Stranraer, who are also named as respondents. With that omission Doncaster signed away any notion that the SPFL could be seen to be protecting the interests of all 42 clubs. In fairness to Hearts and Partick Thistle he should have mentioned Stranraer, therefore acknowledging that there were essentially two sides named as respondents. He’s fecked up with that. Shame.

That's a great point, it works both ways so I hope that the clubs that were in favour of the independent inquiry show their support to our joint petition.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Just now, jambogirlglasgow said:

I’m often not right. Just expressed my firm opinion, based on my court experience and having read our Petition. Time will tell. 

I really hope you are right and was in no way belittling the legal profession :lol:  You have to agree though that the SPFL board are slipperier than an eel in a bucket of snot they will try any angle they can.   

I am living in South East Asia and if, we were in the days before the internet, comments made within the Scottish media outlets were all that my father and his friends would have to talk about in the pub etc:. 

However, we are now living with the internet, international comments and knowledge from every walk of life allows us to form our own opinion on the evidence we read or listen to. 

I listen every week to the BBC Sportssound and read JKB as often as I can but very rarely post, (after reading this you will probably understand why).  I feel more confident with the knowledgeable members on here's comments than any Newspaper cutting being posted which, I feel, is only a ploy and pandering to what I can only assume is a falling readership level.  As some have already commented above, when we do start playing again, some newspaper writers and BBC commentators need the so called (Liverpool treatment). 

We, as a club and family are much stronger when (we) stick together and do what (we) see as the right thing to do!  McCrae's Battalion for example.  Keep the faith guys and girls its going to be a rough ride, wasn't the wait for a Scottish Cup Win the same! (how good was it when it happened! (62 year old writing this post))   

I wish AB/PT, her/our representatives in court on Wednesday all the best!  It'll be around midnight here when the hearing finishes so I hope my eyes are able to keep up with the posts expected! 

The day I believe a word that dickhead roaster Keith Jackson writes is the day I see pigs fly. A complete throbber who I’d doubt would know how to wipe his own arse.

I hope we do delay the season. I hope we do delay TV payouts. I hope it all plays out in it’s entirety for months. 
Nobody to blame but themselves 

28 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

That article certainly gives a stark picture of animosity towards Hearts and Partick within the whole of Scottish football, from both the clubs and office holders, and all coming under, and mostly forming, the SFA. Hardly conducive to providing a fair hearing should the CoS hand the clubs' futures into the auspices of the SFA. I'm not sure it would help or even be raised in court, but there does seem to be a fair number of examples recently in the media that might well be used against the notion that anywhere within the offices of Scottish football exists the proper place to debate and decide the future of those two clubs.

I have a feeling though that it won't come down to debating whether or not a fair hearing could be conducted by the SFA as I am sure the matter will hinge on whether or not company law trumps the sporting matter argument of where the case should first be heard, and the wording of the petition all but ensures we will have our day in court - if the SPFL don't fold.

Maybe we are calling it wrong. Maybe Keef is working on a Rangers agenda, to get it in court and get the dirty washing out. Reporting clubs, specific people within clubs, and the SPFL, are making/will make decisions based on rage, upset, whilst colluding together to punish us certainly would lead any reasonable person to believe that Hearts/PT would not get a fair hearing within Scottish football. Just a thought.

4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

If they have a problem with Hearts, it's only indirectly. The catalyst was the SPFL board.

They all went along with the process because there was something in it for them,   in one form or another.    They were all willing participants in a joint venture of self interest / protectionism.    Some even moved it on a stage by trying to delay reconstruction to be of benefit to themselves later on.

We were simply expected to accept it.     The fact that we haven't and they haven't been allowed to move on from the scene of the crime probably does anger them.     The clubs and the board were in it together so we are the only ones they can be angry at.     

19 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Lawyers ,so I have been told on here, are not always right :laugh2: The other thing that slightly concerns me is the previous case PTFC had that was knocked back to the SFA . Now we all know that the circumstances then were different but do you think the SPFL QC will try to use that as a precedent ?

from what I have read regarding the previous PT case, it was a “football” matter so its understandable that it was referred back to the SFA.  

Our case is not a football matter - it is company law which should be dealt with by COS

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It should.

Why? I dont care if people dislike us. Intelligent people will be able to understand why we are in court. Those who don't aren't worth listening to anyway.

11 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

Fortunately Lord Clark won’t care a jot what the tabloid ‘journalists’ print. 

If he has read it - I'd be surprised he could even follow it

I couldn't grasp the point of it, its all over the place

Who TF buys a tabloid newspaper nowadays?

The DR is only second to The Sun in utter drivel.

Stop clicking their links and they will soon go out of business.  See all the papers that will be queuing up to hire people like Jackson.

Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

So no one else has to click on the link, see below another well balanced and insightful piece by the likely winner of the upcoming Pulitzer Prize, Keith Jackson...

Not sure where to start with this one 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

Hearts and Partick Thistle £10m threat to clubs lost support and they might regret it if decisions go against them - Keith Jackson 

The battle goes to the Court of Session this week and adds to the madness of Scottish football during lockdown. 

Hearts and Partick Thistle £10m threat to clubs lost support and they might regret it if decisions go against them - Keith Jackson

The battle goes to the Court of Session this week and adds to the madness of Scottish football during lockdown.

Years from now when historians reflect on the Great Lockdown of 2020 they will see that Scottish football led the way as the true pioneer of this pandemic.

Records will show that the game in this country descended into a state of complete and utter madness long before the rest of the real world eventually caved in and lost the plot too.

It’s a scary place out there these days and some of the events of the last few weeks have been enough to make you wonder if there’s much to be gained from ever going out the front door again.

Certainly, the vein-popping insanity which has throttled the SPFL since March shows no sign of loosening its grip any time soon.

In fact, it will be cranked up again over the next few days as Hearts and Partick Thistle kick the whole drama into the Court of Session, having already issued the rest of Scotland’s clubs with a £10million relegation ransom note.

If they get their way we’re all about to be dragged back to the very start of this crisis and the decision to call time on a season after it had been infected by the same virus which has unleashed such suffering and chaos.

From Dundee and their mysterious flip-flopping to Neil Doncaster and his dubious back channelling, it could all be dragged back into the public domain like a recurring nightmare.

The trouble is, where there was almost unanimous sympathy back then for the plight of these two clubs, and for Thistle in particular, the mood around this new normal has taken a turn for the worse.

There are some clubs in agreement that the M8 alliance have been left with no option but to press the big red button.

But there are others, and plenty of them, who have been infuriated by the manner in which they have gone about it and, in particular, by the enormity of their demands.

The threat to trigger an interim interdict to prevent next season from kicking off as scheduled on August 1 has also raised the temperature significantly and contributed to the feelings of ill will swirling around the 12 
top-flight clubs.

At 3pm on Wednesday, just hours after the preliminary hearing at the Court of Session, all 12 of them will dial into a video conference call to discuss the next step in Scottish football’s recovery

On the agenda is a proposed rule change which would empower SPFL chief executive Doncaster and his board with emergency powers to act as they see fit should, heaven forbid, another pandemic force our game back into lockdown at some point in the future.

Over the weekend, Doncaster was also locked in fruitful talks with the Scottish government to secure permission for Premiership clubs to restart full contact training from this morning. That means the top 12 can now arrange pre-season friendlies between themselves while also advancing plans to get fans safely back inside their grounds as quickly as possible and turning on the tap of matchday revenue.

All the while, Hearts and Thistle continue to hold a gun to the game’s head over the manner in which last season was shut down.

It’s this refusal to allow the rest to focus fully on moving forward which is causing resentment to build and tempers to fray.

This is likely to dominate the conversations on Wednesday.

There is every chance that this uncertainty and rancour will all still be rumbling on in three weeks’ time when the SPFL holds its AGM to decide on the make-up of Doncaster’s board for the new campaign. There’s also every chance Celtic’s chief executive Peter Lawwell will be re-appointed to the set-up at that stage, replacing Rangers managing director Stewart Robertson as has become the customary summer boardroom job swap in recent times.

If that happens then Lawwell, who has kept his own counsel throughout this period of
 unprecedented unrest, will be dragged into the thick of the fight.

He’s unlikely to join in quietly or, for that matter, to feel much in the way of empathy for the two clubs most sorely aggrieved.

It really is a mess of gargantuan proportions and as the bad blood continues to simmer behind the scenes Scottish football’s dirtiest laundry may now be aired in full public view, assuming Hearts and Thistle’s lawyers win the argument on Wednesday morning.

If it is decided by Lord Clark that the case should proceed to the Court of Session the two rebellious clubs will feel their own actions have been largely vindicated, no matter how much anger they have caused among the others.

If, however, it is batted out at the first stage and Hearts and Thistle are ordered to enter into arbitration through the SFA instead, the whole basis for their claim will have been greatly undermined.

If the issue of a compensation claim somehow winds up going back to the vote of all 42 clubs then Hearts and Thistle would be as well standing outside and whistling for their cash. There may have been a time and place for such a conversation.

Even the most myopic and self-interested of chairmen and chief executives could see the blatant unfairness of what was done to these two clubs back in March when football was stopped.

But much has changed over these historic, life-changing last four months.

What was once a cruel world is in danger of losing its mind. At least our game will be there to welcome it to the madhouse.

He's not any more of a ''sports journalist' than I am. Rebellious clubs? No you thick as proverbial, crap in the neck of a bottle halfwit, it's about clubs who have been wronged, fighting for justice. No more, no less 

Lawwell kept his counsel? Really? Jackson believes that? He's been making the phone calls and pulling the strings throughout, working Doncasters chorus and verse with a full fist. Who do we think we are? They're the mighty Celtic, we simply exist to allow them to qualify for the European glory nights. We need to take our medicine like good little boys and scuttle off into the night.

When Jackson and his ilk actually start to write balanced reports, and take Celtic and their arse cheek neighbours to task for the stranglehold they have on our game, then they'll have my respect and I might actually buy one of their rags.

He should be grateful that Rangers weren't leading the SPFL and awarded a tainted title. Then he'd know all about battles and madness

In the meantime, I hope, regardless of where this goes, that we ban media outlets like this. Vlad had them sussed out early doors and he wasn't wrong

20 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

The article gets shared and read and debated on. Thats what benefit he and his employer get.

Best ignored.

I'm not referencing the articles content at all, just those losing their marbles. The article itself doesn't both me. 

The articles usually get gets copied and pasted on here so no ad revenue goes to the DR or Keef

🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I like this bit, though. Does it not kind of back up the argument that the handling of the matter was not covered by the rules? In other words, made up in a rush to accommodate something other than the most critical part of the motion presented and voted upon.

'A letter sent to clubs claims "SPFL rules do not adequately cover the situation where a season has to be curtailed, with a number of games remaining to be played".'

That certainly acknowledges that the rules and regulations didn’t cover the situation that arose as a result of the COVID19  pandemic. It’s very surprising that an organisation such as the SPFL, did not have the foresight to cover a force majeure within its rules and regs. What is astounding is that having suffered from such an event, the SPFL aren’t changing the rules and regs to reflect what could reasonably be expected to occur next time, oh no, they are simply asking to be given the power to deal with it, presumably on the same ad hoc basis as they did the first time around. The SPFL are an absolute shambles, just change the rules and regs FFS!,

Just now, JAMBO.LOU said:

from what I have read regarding the previous PT case, it was a “football” matter so its understandable that it was referred back to the SFA.  

Our case is not a football matter - it is company law which should be dealt with by COS

I would certainly agree with you but, and it is a bit of a concern for me, the SPFL legal side may try to persuade the judge that there is a precedent in that there is a promotion relegation dispute. You are right though I cannot see the similarity between the two cases as this is not only about promotion/ relegation there is the very dodgy vote on the resolution, I am pretty certain, purely as someone who is in no way understanding of legal matters, this is where our case stands or falls. Even Boab Mugabe would have agreed that was a rigged vote :laugh2: 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, hughesie27 said:

The article gets shared and read and debated on. Thats what benefit he and his employer get.

Best ignored.

I'm not referencing the articles content at all, just those losing their marbles. The article itself doesn't both me. 

I'd be interested to know how an article being copied over and then read for free would benefit either Jackson or his rag. They benefit from advertising revenue and mugs buying their paper version. I very much doubt they even derive some pleasure from knowing we are discussing its merits, or lack of, on here while diminishing their revenue as a result at the same time.

23 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Best ignored.

At the risk of certain posters accusing me of being “aggressive” again, what does bother you? I’ve noticed - for some time - that you have a negative attitude toward where we find ourselves and the action we are taking. As much as I am accused of being “aggressive” toward those who are being entirely negative about our situation (although actually the poster I was referring to is just a slaver with an agenda), you seem to be the opposite, Why is that?  I’ll let others make their own minds up by simply viewing your posting history but that’s certainly how it appears to me. Where exactly do you stand on all of this?

Keith Jackson was a failed Rangers youth player

Keith Jackson was then a tea boy on "The Rangers News"

Keith Jackson was a "journalist" on "The Rangers News"

Keith Jackson plus about 3 others from that organ were recruited by Jim Traynor for the "Daily Ranger" - sorry, "Daily Record".

Keith Jackson does know that his readership want positive Celtic/Rangers guff, so that's what they get

Old style proper Journalism has been replaced by using  "Google" to steal made up stories or to place advertisements for chosen businesses.....😃

13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

They all went along with the process because there was something in it for them,   in one form or another.    They were all willing participants in a joint venture of self interest / protectionism.    Some even moved it on a stage by trying to delay reconstruction to be of benefit to themselves later on.

We were simply expected to accept it.     The fact that we haven't and they haven't been allowed to move on from the scene of the crime probably does anger them.     The clubs and the board were in it together so we are the only ones they can be angry at.     

Yep, they did it to themselves but we're to blame. I understand this inadequacy in many human beings, this inability of some to take responsibility for their own actions, but I will never forgive them and neither should any fan of any of the clubs negatively impacted by this selfish and pointless stupidity. I just hope to **** that we get a just outcome and that it leads to a revolution in Scottish football. We'll see.

jambogirlglasgow
25 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I really hope you are right and was in no way belittling the legal profession :lol:  You have to agree though that the SPFL board are slipperier than an eel in a bucket of snot they will try any angle they can.   

Feel free to belittle- I would most likely agree!  
The SPFL are slippery as an eel but that won’t work in court the way it’s working in boardrooms (or on Zoom.) Fortunately. 

2 minutes ago, JAMBO.LOU said:

IF this is also classed as a football matter the SPFL will never be taken to court again, they will have carte blanche to act as they wish

with complete impunity forever.

Personally, I don't care what the rest of Scottish Football thinks of us, if we pull the whole house down in the process so be it.

As others have said they were warned that we were prepared to go all the way with this so hell mend them.

55 minutes ago, OTT said:

What worries me most about that is, what happens if we get 8/10 games in and there's a 2nd spike? We're then stuck in the championship for 2 seasons? What if its more, like 20? Does the season get called on current standings with promotion etc.? 

Not confident these clowns will carry this out correctly. 

Yes that's what they want and will do everything possible to punish us for not towing the line.

Keith Jackson wears open neck shirts with a gold chain and loafers with no socks.

And probably a gold pinkie ring to match.

He is real life loser.

ToadKiller Dog

When first Ann budge stated we were prepared to go to court,when Partick first stated the opinion they had received from a QC did at any point at that time or after did the SFA say or send out a letter telling the clubs no you have to speak to us first ?.if so it was kept quiet .

The SFA only got active once the papers were put in ,and if belived by unnamed sources issued threats to look at punishments .

In what way could they ever been seen by anybody as a neutral place to resolve the issue .

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Maybe we are calling it wrong. Maybe Keef is working on a Rangers agenda, to get it in court and get the dirty washing out. Reporting clubs, specific people within clubs, and the SPFL, are making/will make decisions based on rage, upset, whilst colluding together to punish us certainly would lead any reasonable person to believe that Hearts/PT would not get a fair hearing within Scottish football. Just a thought.

A somewhat similar thought to one I had. He's certainly been much more inclined towards the blue side of Glasgow than the green throughout his 'journalistic'career, in fact an incline that's almost perpendicular, and this doesn't paint the Celtic CEO in a particularly good light. In fact, if I was Peter Lawwell, I'd be having a word with the DR, or perhaps my lawyers, just to check it out.

Nookie Bear
Just now, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

A somewhat similar thought to one I had. He's certainly been much more inclined towards the blue side of Glasgow than the green throughout his 'journalistic'career, in fact an incline that's almost perpendicular, and this doesn't paint the Celtic CEO in a particularly good light. In fact, if I was Peter Lawwell, I'd be having a word with the DR, or perhaps my lawyers, just to check it out.

If I was Lawell I would be more worried about other court cases ongoing this week. 

26 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

That certainly acknowledges that the rules and regulations didn’t cover the situation that arose as a result of the COVID19  pandemic. It’s very surprising that an organisation such as the SPFL, did not have the foresight to cover a force majeure within its rules and regs. What is astounding is that having suffered from such an event, the SPFL aren’t changing the rules and regs to reflect what could reasonably be expected to occur next time, oh no, they are simply asking to be given the power to deal with it, presumably on the same ad hoc basis as they did the first time around. The SPFL are an absolute shambles, just change the rules and regs FFS!,

Giving the SPFL Board to do as they see fit which yet again could result in yet another few clubs being unhappy with whatever they do the next time.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

They should maybe wait for some advice from the CoS before changing any rules, it'll be pretty sound advice, too, should it be forthcoming.

Wonder if compensation has been offered by the spfl at this point? Back in march there was talk of a solidarity payment on top of the parachute payments but never went any further

39 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Is he that clever? Not so sure unless of course the idea was put to him by someone else.

I was under the impression that he was/is a Rangers fan so nothing would surprise me.

45 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

This.

I wonder what inducement is being offered for the clubs to grant executive powers to the p.icks who created this mess.....!

8 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Keith Jackson wears open neck shirts with a gold chain and loafers with no socks.

He is real life loser.

Just got the dry boak 😃

thehibsareintheirbeds
8 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

He is real life loser.

A fair few similarities including the pinkie ring- both speak absolute p*sh as well

p01j005t.jpg

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

If I was Lawell I would be more worried about other court cases ongoing this week. 

True, but while his club might have something to worry about, his hands are clean and I view him as a man who takes how the (business) world views him very seriously indeed, and being written of as some kind of bully isn't the best look in a society that has anti-bullying campaigns ongoing, and thank goodness for that.

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

True, but while his club might have something to worry about, his hands are clean and I view him as a man who takes how the (business) world views him very seriously indeed, and being written of as some kind of bully isn't the best look in a society that has anti-bullying campaigns ongoing, and thank goodness for that.

Definitely. The overarching concern of Lawell is making sure his club are in a prime position to be invited into a Euro League. 

Like he is trying to get celtic into a Members Only Club, he knows image is essential. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

The Wrinkly Ninja
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Best ignored.

JKB has played a blinder then. Traffic to this thread increased due to posts sharing, reading and discussing the articles.

Folk falling over themselves to talk about folk talking about it.

😤

8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Definitely. The overarching concern of Lawell is making sure his club are in a prime position to be invited into a Euro League. 

Like he is trying to get celtic into a Members Only Club, he knows image is essential. 

That Members club is corrupt as **** too, and remember Dermot Desmond has more tax dodging issues going on. Celtic will fit right in.

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Agreed. I said in another post that I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Rangers are assisting with our petition in any way they can. Started with Rangers people bankrolling Thistles legal costs. 

13 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I'd be interested to know how an article being copied over and then read for free would benefit either Jackson or his rag. They benefit from advertising revenue and mugs buying their paper version. I very much doubt they even derive some pleasure from knowing we are discussing its merits, or lack of, on here while diminishing their revenue as a result at the same time.

Theres no way to garner how much influence sharing the content of the article here has. The link to it is certainly there anyway. Discussing the content may lead to some sharing it with their mates on other forms of media. Perhaps they send a direct link instead of trying to copy the text off here. Perhaps some on here may then go and direct some criticism to him on twitter, creating a larger "footprint" for the article. I'm not actually against sharing thebarticle or reading their website. My initial post was directly aimed at those frothing st the mouth that a journalist who we already know talks shit, is talking shit. It would be different if his words actually influenced our case, but they don't.

11 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

At the risk of certain posters accusing me of being “aggressive” again, what does bother you? I’ve noticed - for some time - that you have a negative attitude toward where we find ourselves and the action we are taking. As much as I am accused of being “aggressive” toward those who are being entirely negative about our situation (although actually the poster I was referring to is just a slaver with an agenda), you seem to be the opposite, Why is that?  I’ll let others make their own minds up by simply viewing your posting history but that’s certainly how it appears to me. Where exactly do you stand on all of this?

Not sure what you are specifically referring too but my position has always been that I wasn't planning on renewing my ST unless Budge fought for us all the way. She has and so I will. I'm happy enough there. In terms of the court case and what I post in relation to that I dont think anyone knows how itnwill go but I've seen a lot of people in the early days at least having this case and signed sealed and delivered in our favour. When you get a couple of pages of that and some of the ITK people chip in with seemingly informed knowledge then things start getting taken as fact rather than opinion or speculation. That then leads to confusion and a bit of a mess really. Sometimes its good to ground ourselves a bit and realise that we could easily come out of this in the Champ with no or minimal compensation. 

Recent weeks haven't been so bad now that we are officially in court though and we are now relying on official statements only. 

Thats why I wqs so critical of LD input over the weekend. 

Hungry hippo
22 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Lionel Hutz will be the SPFL's lawyer

You would think so but they've actually gone for the expensive option. Trying to OJ Simpson their was out of this mess.

2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

You would think so but they've actually gone for the expensive option. Trying to OJ Simpson their was out of this mess.

Hopefully they pick Bruce Jenner rather than another Kardashian then

34 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

They should maybe wait for some advice from the CoS before changing any rules, it'll be pretty sound advice, too, should it be forthcoming.

Good point. It could effectively be a stated case, which would be a very good base to build the rule changes from/around 👍

41 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Aye, a club like no other.

Edited by Skiba

4 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

I am pleased to announce that I'm being awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature for introducing the word "lickspittle" to  the internationally renowned Jambos Kickback. 

I'm pwoud!  Vewy pwoud!

Sorry, Colin.

Someone else got there 12 years ago... :lol:

On 10/02/2008 at 23:19, Sgt.Rock said:

Clearly a Vlad lickspittle. This man has embraced the typical VR tactic of undermining his exiled employees credibility. Remember how Anderton and Foulkes were ruining the company? Well now, according to Eastovicius, Scott should be in an "institution". Shocking.

Notice too how Graeminus reveals that our Scott is an "announcer, going..". I suspect he's already gone, probably to a wee-small-hours radio chat show on Kaunas FM. Will this madness never end?

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, bean counter said:

Have any other clubs joined the list of respondents

Probably won't find out until Wednesday, but it'll be a bit of an embarrassment for Doncaster if none join in while if quite a few do join, it'll p*ss his lordship off to have to read the same thing over and over again to no purpose. Thinking and planning ahead, that's what Doncaster and the rest of the SPFL are good at. Not.

Edited by AllyjamboDerbyshire

39 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Is he that clever? Not so sure unless of course the idea was put to him by someone else.

I was under the impression that he was/is a Rangers fan so nothing would surprise me.

Change the name on the box to Keefy 😉

0B6FF96E-6F22-4D01-A35D-F742391A8B5B.jpeg

I’d love to ask Keith Jackson if his opinion would be different if the league got called if Rangers were one point behind Celtic* and had played one game less. Or indeed were 4 points behind having played the same amount.

In fact I’d love to ask all the clubs. Because that’s what they did With PT and us. 

they wouldn’t of dared

1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

Maybe I'm blind, where does it mention  anything about promotion/relegation or is that just your interpretation?

You know that is really weird because when I read the article it mentioned changing the rules so that a club could not be promoted if they were top of the lower league to the next higher division if the league were stopped and they had played fewer games.

I copy it and pasted without re reading it and as you say it does not mention this.

I can assure you that is what I read and I have gone back onto their website and it does not show that part it has magically disappeared.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Good point. It could effectively be a stated case, which would be a very good base to build the rule changes from/around 👍

Of course, maybe that's the plan 👍 the first good plan the SPFL have ever put together.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )