SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

4 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

If I was a club intending to vote yes (because I'm rationale and sane),   I'd be making a statement or at least some noise about all clubs needing to do the right thing.  Everyone is complicit by their silence. Maybe a lot going on being the scenes but how angry will they be if 2 clubs caused complete carnage seriously impacting their club just to get one over their rivals?   I still think this might turn but what a shitstorm is brewing if not. 

It is strange... given what is at stake for everyone else.

I think most chairmen don’t fully comprehend and don’t care. They won’t listen to those pointing out the cost of losing legal action because they don’t believe it’ll happen. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, TheBigO said:

Ha ha! Yeah, cool.

I'm so jumpy!!!!

Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet....!!!!

Like you and Saughy have said, the fun comes once the indicative vote fails and ND has to decide whether to step on.

I wondered for a sec if the club had decided eff it, baws on the table....!

Mrs Budge and her legal team are ready to go at the correct time that for certain 

1 minute ago, kila said:

It is strange... given what is at stake for everyone else.

I think most chairmen don’t fully comprehend and don’t care. They won’t listen to those pointing out the cost of losing legal action because they don’t believe it’ll happen. 

You might be right Kila, could be classic 'head in sand' until we formally go down the legal route.....then cue panic and carnage!! 

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Mrs Budge and her legal team are ready to go at the correct time that for certain 

Sure they are bud I just jumped and thought time had come out the blue there!!!!!

Scnorthedinburgh
19 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

It's perfectly possible if (when) Hearts go to court NO-ONE will be playing any football before October. 

What's the current backlog at the Court of Session. Weeks? Months? 

A few smiles going to be wiped off smug pusses very shortly.

Hearts would have to apply for an injunction, no real possibility it would be issued. Any loss to Hearts for not being part of it would be factored into compensation should we win.

Nookie Bear
47 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Pity the chairmen doesn’t have the balls to publicly ask such questions of his fellow chairpersons in the spfl. 

I don’t see the media hounding these ***** for answers much either. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Sure they are bud I just jumped and thought time had come out the blue there!!!!!

The indicative votes tomorrow certain not to be enough but Doncaster might play for more time and still call egm for beginning of next again week but be interesting to see this week if Mrs Budge and her legal team lose patience and just fire on putting maximum pressure on clubs before voting next week 

1 minute ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Hearts would have to apply for an injunction, no real possibility it would be issued. Any loss to Hearts for not being part of it would be factored into compensation should we win.

think the problem is not if it would be issued but when... saying the high court has a back log till November and there is still not Jury sitting only judge... think what the SPFL are doing is trying to keep talks going till they have the fixture list out...

2 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Your first sentence is sort of bollocks that various posters spout from time to time. In the first place, it's called an interdict. In the second place it may be granted or it may be refused. Both are very real possibilities.

Biffa Bacon
5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Somebody fancy doing some math?

Footballfirst suggests that any compensation is paid for by the members. Presumably all 42 pay a share dispite 3 of those teams getting paid the money.

FF says the amount t payable is in relation to their %age of the prize mkney earned at the end of the season. So Prem clubs pay more than League 1 and 2 for example.

How much would the Prem teams be due  to pay each if we were to be awarded £6million across the 3 teams?

The current 12 team split is 13.4% for team 1 going down to 4.5% for team 12.... then progressively reduced to team 42 at 0.18 % so £804k for team 1 and £10,800 for team 42, based on £6M settlement (not including costs)

Fxxx the SPFL
6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

surely Monday is the correct time to go after the intentions of the clubs are made known to the spfl if it's a no then hit the courts none of this spfl pish of dragging it out oh wait we will need to have a proper vote **** it should have been a proper vote to start with were being sold a dummy here. Even if ND is trying his best to get clubs on board it doesn't look like it's working unless some of the clubs indicating to vote no are all just bluster and actually intend to say yes. i want our £££££££££££££££££ in court.

Just now, Biffa Bacon said:

The current 12 team split is 13.4% for team 1 going down to 4.5% for team 12.... then progressively reduced to team 42 at 0.18 % so £804k for team 1 and £10,800 for team 42, based on £6M settlement (not including costs)

Cheers. So the Premiership range is between 800k and about 250k?

The fact we've now been told we can only play a reduced number of games starting in October is actually quite useful for us to be able to quantify our potential loss in a court case.

I'm going to guess our figure taking all things into account will be quite eye watering. 

Quite a few club chairmen will be utterly shitting bricks at their potential share. 

But then they should just take their medicine, shouldn't they Roy?

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

surely Monday is the correct time to go after the intentions of the clubs are made known to the spfl if it's a no then hit the courts none of this spfl pish of dragging it out oh wait we will need to have a proper vote **** it should have been a proper vote to start with were being sold a dummy here. Even if ND is trying his best to get clubs on board it doesn't look like it's working unless some of the clubs indicating to vote no are all just bluster and actually intend to say yes. i want our £££££££££££££££££ in court.

Agree with you if was me I'd serve court papers tomorow afternoon and be done with it 

Heartsmad1874
1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

That Kheredine BBC reporter said on Sportsound that at the end of play on Friday the SPFL were still waiting on a considerable amount of responses. Be interesting to see if all 42 respond by 10am tomorrow.

Biffa Bacon
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Cheers. So the Premiership range is between 800k and about 250k?

Yes £270k for team 12

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Agree with you if was me I'd serve court papers tomorow afternoon and be done with it 

Agreed, played along with the SPFL timelines/delay tactics long enough.

William H. Bonney

Here’s hoping reconstruction gets the go ahead and we can get back to concentrating on football. 

How about any compensation due having to be paid solely by those clubs that voted no.? Can't imagine teams voting yes would be happy to be forced into paying. Just a thought.

2 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Yes £270k for team 12

Quite a pricey payout then for many teams.

1 minute ago, Furious Styles said:

Here’s hoping reconstruction gets the go ahead and we can get back to concentrating on revenge. 

Ftfy

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, Furious Styles said:

Here’s hoping reconstruction gets the go ahead and we can get back to concentrating on football. 

More chance of shite coming from a rocking horse.

8 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

I dont claim to be an expert but SPFL would need to hold back money from clubs to be able to meet the potential liability as per their Articles.

Dont see some teams being able to operate with no income.

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

If you want to read a story about moneylaundering (as well as fraud and tax evasion) there is a recent story in the Herald.

Just google Rietuma Bank and you will find the bank was found guilty, unlike Deans, and heavily fined.

They also say one of the Bank's major players is a certain Dermot Desmond who is described as a tax exile.

Never seen this reported elsewhere which is rather strange.

In LD’s case it was relatively minor stuff anyway, relating to improper paperwork for   a few mortgages. It’s was hardly drug Cartel money he was washing and it was dropped in any case. I have no issue with the man except that he needs to reign in some of the language 

The Verminator

Right, I know we have had months and months of this pish but from what I understand SJ and Selkirk have said is that the "vote" was going fail tomorrow.

So, instead of launching court action tomorrow, can we stretch it out and make the Board sweat on what out intentions are and then the week before the season is supposed to start - fire the the papers, grind the whole thing to stop

56 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

We will carry Stranraer and Partick along in our legal battle. I think Mr Anderson will insist on that.

We don't need to, if we win then the SPFL would be crazy to try to defend a claim from them due to the precedent being set.

gashauskis9
3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I think we could see over 30 teams backing this easily across the leagues.

An alternative way of looking at it.  I can’t see anymore than 12 teams voting for Armageddon.

3 minutes ago, CalMac said:

How about any compensation due having to be paid solely by those clubs that voted no.? Can't imagine teams voting yes would be happy to be forced into paying. Just a thought.

They wouldn't have a choice. FF said that all 42 members hold an equal share of owning the SPFL and are all liable to any costs incurred. I'm surprised it's not as straight forward as an equal liability but I trust FF knows his stuff.

A £6million pay out would cost each of the 42 clubs £142k and would kill about half of the teams in Scotland.

Edited by hughesie27

1 hour ago, b-reed said:

SPFL stringing this out...   so no Wednesday vote....  now put of for another week....

The vote comes as all 42 SPFL clubs submit their views on a change to a 14-10-10-10 league set-up before the deadline at 10:00 BST on Monday.

If there is sufficient support for a reshuffle of the leagues, an EGM will be called for the following week and a formal vote will take place.

You're on the ball mate, do you mind if I just follow your posts for up to date information?

37 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The fact he's religious immediately calls into question his rationality and,   imo,   his sanity.     What is religious piety if not a deeply ingrained delusion?    The belief in and devotion to fairytales.

More likely than a secular person to be an unreasonable *****.   

He's a big fish in the small pond of the highlands and he likes to shoot his mouth off - he's had a go at Rangers , he screwed Aberdeen as  best he could  and now he's revelling in more media attention. There's no charity or goodwill with this guy. 

6 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

Your first sentence is sort of bollocks that various posters spout from time to time. In the first place, it's called an interdict. In the second place it may be granted or it may be refused. Both are very real possibilities.

Precisely. To dismiss the possibility of an interdict, following on from this nonsensical debacle is folly to say the least. I hope any writ is issued tomorrow without delay. It’s clear some chairmen are not going to see sense. But by legal action being formally instigated, it might help focus the minds those who perhaps doubt our threat is genuine.

Scnorthedinburgh
11 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

Ok I used an English term.

Can you find 1 example of an entire buisness stream being stopped by a court as they looked at 1 party v the other?

Good luck in your search.

Virgin v BA over Heathrow didn't shut the airport until they decided if it was fair.

bigsuperslim1874
36 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

No I don’t think there will be a favourable outcome at all tomorrow. I’m sure there’s good reason that it’s an indicative vote though as we get to see who is firmly in the ‘No Camp.’ There should be enough to force an EGM though and that’s when the real ‘edge of the seat fun’ begins. Like I said, at the risk of repeating myself, there’s lots still to play out yet. I’m sure ND’s phone bill, not to mention a few more higher profile chairman, will be ringing up the profits for their respective networks over the coming days. 

👍 cheers mate

19 minutes ago, CalMac said:

Get the popcorn ready for the infighting.

Scnorthedinburgh
9 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Precisely. To dismiss the possibility of an interdict, following on from this nonsensical debacle is folly to say the least. I hope any writ is issued tomorrow without delay. It’s clear some chairmen are not going to see sense. But by legal action being formally instigated, it might help focus the minds those who perhaps doubt our threat is genuine.

As in another reply.

Thinking a court will shut down a buisness stream entirely until 2 parties have their day in court is far fetched.

Find one example and you may have a point. Google v EU no restriction on trade during the case.

31 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Aye, but some fan on Twitter told us we don’t stand a chance. 🤦‍♂️

16 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Only my guess but they messed up because they didn’t think the whole thing through. The original motion was all about Celtic. Protect their revenue streams by (a) calling the season to give them a clean shot at European revenue and (b) preserve the value of the Sky deal for the SPFL of which they would be the likely largest beneficiary. 

Don’t  forget that although they have the biggest revenues they also have by a distance the largest overheads. And stand to be potentially massive losers if they don’t get UEFA revenues from at least the Europa league group stages.

I presume they thought that all the negatively affected clubs would kick up a fuss but eventually go quiet. They didn’t think that part through.

Presume they’ve been trying the same sort of ‘robust discussions’ they did in April around reconstruction but have had less luck this time.

I agree there has been an order of priority to which clubs or even board members of the spfl get the most help.  The shit has hit the fan, they protected their own interests before anyone else of any value, we had the least value.  Celtic had their own interests, league and europe and Doncaster had his TV deal.  Even Rangers got something out of it.  The rest are just happy they weren't in our position.  Like you said, they are ultimately that stupid they thought Hearts were a 2 bit club, I mean really!

16 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Because the SPFL Board deliberately followed a path as set out by their lawyers -

end the season

call the resolution

get the clubs to relegate "Hearts" .

IF there is a desire for recon it would ONLY be considered after all the above had been accomplished.

As said further up the thread, ND might be trying to create (in the public eye , at least) the perception that the SPFL Board is doing all it can ...but it isn't and to the extent it is "trying" to achieve recon , let's not forget -

ABs original proposal wasn't given the time of day

AB then submitted a members' resolution

It's only because of her resolution that there is any conversation at all : the Board & the clubs couldn't give a shit and never did.

The SPFL think they can win this case - and I think this is where we'll end up. Until this week I didn't know a single think about McGregor but the more I read about his history (happy to shoot his mouth off over Sevco, fell out with Aberdeen and the 2013 spat with Lawwell) the more I'm convinced he will not back down. He's an egotist not a pragmatist , he loves the limelight. 

I think Ann Budge had to endure this by showing and attempting to co-operate with the league to find a solution for the under valued and punished clubs.  Yes, there has been some silver tongued bullshit by Doncaster also the board.  There is no reason the SPFL can win anything else they have achieved over this shambles to get what they want.  I think they might be happy to sit back and let court do the reinstating but that's a risk, they shouldn't be so certain that's all  Ann will go for.

Overall, I don't think Celtic and Doncaster care about scottish football enough to reverse any damage or prevent it.  It's all about self preservation and future interests all involving money in their pockets.

23 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Do they base it on where teams finished last season? They don't obviously know where everyone will finish next season and it will need to come out of next season's prize pot. Further complicated if some leagues don't even play.

Chairmen should simply be asked to vote as if it was their respective club in the unfortunate positions of either Hearts, Partick, Stranraer, Kelty or Brora.

Anyone who votes against should be publically outed and we should refuse to deal with this club in any shape or form ever again.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think this all relies on Executive powers 

Or was it Austin Powers. Oh yeah baby 

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Never any guarantees with legal action but the feeling with Mrs Budge and her legal team is they've got strong case 

22 minutes ago, The Verminator said:

Right, I know we have had months and months of this pish but from what I understand SJ and Selkirk have said is that the "vote" was going fail tomorrow.

So, instead of launching court action tomorrow, can we stretch it out and make the Board sweat on what out intentions are and then the week before the season is supposed to start - fire the the papers, grind the whole thing to stop

I’ve always said the vote would fail and I’ve always said reconstruction will eventually happen.....and I’m still sticking to both these predictions. Remember there’s a strategy to both sides feeling each other out just now. It’s easy to read from recent reports in the media to what’s happened so far. What  ‘we’ don't know Is what’s currently going on behind the scenes, and that is the intriguing bit. 

Remember thIs was called early because  it suited one club and one club only.  They spfl had an agenda and forced this through. What they didn’t factor in was, the way it unfolded, the blatant lies that were told and the final flaw was, they thought the 3 most severely punished clubs would roll over and take it.

After the initial reconstruction plans were thrown out then you have to remember that a resolute AB said there would ultimately be court action. It was ND and the SPFL that approached Ann and asked her for further talks on reconstruction to see if a compromise could be reached. Why do you think that is if it was kicked into touch or at time round? 

As the end draws to a conclusion then it’s all still to play for IMO. Medicine is a dish best served cold 🍾

Edited by Saughton Jambo

14 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Ok I used an English term.

Can you find 1 example of an entire buisness stream being stopped by a court as they looked at 1 party v the other?

Good luck in your search.

Virgin v BA over Heathrow didn't shut the airport until they decided if it was fair.

No need to "shut it down".

If Hearts have a case the courts can't condone the wrong doing. 

Delay & fix.

If it comes to that. 

It's not Hearts' fault this has dragged on so long. 

So clubs were asked to indicate how they would vote plus agree to an EGM wiithin 7 days.

So Doncaster easily gets EGM mandate although reconstruction indicative vote fails?

So do we go nuclear Monday noon to give clubs a chance to re-think, or Friday to give them no time at all to work out consequences?

Edited by DETTY29

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Get the popcorn ready for the infighting.

Doesn't make a blind bit of difference everyone of them would be liable including Partick Stranraer Inverness Falkirk etc but id hope we would do a deal with them and reinburse them  - if it ****s Ross County Ayr United Elgin and the Wee Team from Leef im happy with that 👌

I do not expect a favourable vote tomorrow, but I do expect HMFC to stand up with the gloves off. I am stuck in Germany and I can tell you my colleagues have nicknamed us (Scottish Football) Mickey Maus Liga, hard to argue!

The Verminator
2 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’ve always said the vote would fail and I’ve always said reconstruction will eventually happen.....and I’m still sticking to both these predictions. Remember there’s a strategy to both sides feeling each other out just now. It’s easy to read from recent reports in the media to what’s happened so far. What  ‘we’ don't know Is what’s currently going on behind the scenes, and that is the intriguing bit. 

As the end draws to a conclusion then it’s all still to play for IMO. 

Damn, I thought you knew what was going on behind the scenes!

5 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

So did Stephen Thompson that well reknown expert on legal stuff - only thing of note that idiot has done in last 10 years is spear John McGinn in training 🙄

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )