SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Who voted yes then? He’s another arse.

All the other teams apart from the two teams in the tweet I would say. 

16 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Not a chance but it needs 8-2. We’d be the only ones to vote against, don’t think Caley or Dundee could afford to play a full season. Why is this vote happening before any possible EGM on 14-10-10-10 anyway, 2 clubs would be voting on a decision that might not even impact them and two who it could impact (Partick and Falkirk) have no say, absolute shambles.

Good point but it does strengthen our case.    Clubs voting no re the 14-10-10-10 vote are fully aware of the harm it is causing us when they vote.    

9 minutes ago, graygo said:

Surprised he never suggested his beloved Celtic don't have a play off with Rangers for the title, much trumpeted sporting integrity and all that eh?

Celtic were due to play Rangers twice more in the league. Those games could have had a massive bearing on the title if Rangers has won them. Given that KD thinks we should settle our issue on the field of play, he’d surely also want Celtics title settled on the field of play, a one off game against Rangers, at a neutral venue, for the title, surely that’s sporting fairness right there, or mibbaes naw.

11 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Thats a great point.

A very good point and utterly mental. However the spfl also know fine well reconstruction isn't happening 

Nookie Bear
18 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Info I was given on Friday QotS were dead set against playing until crowds allowed back so I would imagine they would be one of the NO votes. 

What? All 1000 that attend their games?

Tinpot...**** off 😂

David McCaig
1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

No chance the ties are too close especially so close to takeover.

Stuart Wallace of FoH is on the Hearts board.

37 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’ll ask again, why is it 8-2? Do we just decide the number of votes required based on what they want the outcome to be..😂

75% required so it’s actually 7.5/2.5 rounded to 8/2

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

All the other teams apart from the two teams in the tweet I would say. 

Kheredine is another dick that gives a politicians answer. Why can’t people in Scottish football just talk straight, they couldn’t possibly sound any more stupid than the already do.

Who voted no? It doesn’t matter because soon as there are eight yes votes the vote passes. Ok, so who voted yes? Eh, eh. Another fecking knob jockey.

31 minutes ago, Barack said:

So have Hearts voted for 27 games then?

Well the QOS Chairman did say no fans, then they can't play.

So unless the £50k is a game changer for them, then surely he hasn't voted to commit to a league he is not sure his club can complete / compete in?

Leveins Battalion

Happy for Hearts to withdraw totally from any dialogue now with The SPFL and its scummy clubs and let the law decide.

I for one will not set foot in or give another penny to any other club apart from Hearts.

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Because 7 is lower than 75% of 10. 

👍maths not my strong subject

Edited by rmreido

Why are clubs even getting the option to vote for whether they bother with a full season or not!?

Play. If you can't, don't. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

As Hearts fans we've rightly spent the last couple of months arguing we should be judged over a whole season. The point of a league is it should be a reflection of form over a season, and prizes handed out on that basis. The current split is bad enough, but artificially engineered playoffs to decide Euro spots, no ta.

Sorry PFK meant to quote the original post about post split playoffs.

It seems to work in other countries, there’s been a bit of chat about meaningless games but I don’t think there would be that many. All this could’ve been discussed and voted in adults with common sense ran the game in this country. 

Is there something the press know that we don't.

Again no real mention of Hearts potential court cases or if the votes are significantly in excess of 50/50 there is SPFL executive power.

Even to say 'not an avenue' they would like to go down.

Nookie Bear
Just now, Cigaro said:

Why are clubs even getting the option to vote for whether they bother with a full season or not!?

My seethe levels have gone up a notch again. Absolutely ridiculous and needs called out. 

Biffa Bacon

Chic, why do we not just have a vote, rather than an indicative vote. Kheredine explains that an EGM is called with 28 days notice, the indicative vote would reduce this to 1 week. Chic, why do we need an indicative vote? He is thick as shit.

Boab Mugabe

The next step for the SPFL is for the Premiership to vote for no relegation and no promotion from the Championship for 2021/22. Absolute stick on.

2 minutes ago, Cigaro said:

If clubs can't play they would need to have reconstruction to allow others to play? Just me being cynical, looking forward to taking them to court now.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

It was uncalled for I agree but you see far worse slurs on here on a daily basis. Nae need to pay it much attention. Anyone trolling or Anyone jumping up and down claiming trolling, Hoboness or not being a proper Hearts fan because of a different way of looking at things, best ignored.

Good job I was referring to what he said about Deans being dodgy then, isn’t it?

Biffa Bacon

Chic and Jimmy Nichol not understanding the word permanent. Is this the best we can do on national radio, where is Tom Engliah to introduce some sanity.

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Boab Mugabe said:

The next step for the SPFL is for the Premiership to vote for no relegation and no promotion from the Championship for 2021/22. Absolute stick on.

I am sure some premiership chairmen will be pushing for that. McGregor was suggesting no relegation next season.

1 minute ago, Boab Mugabe said:

Correct, the more this goes on the more I get the feeling the situation is being used to engineer the maximum possible damage to HMFC! 

1 minute ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Chic and Jimmy Nichol not understanding the word permanent. Is this the best we can do on national radio, where is Tom Engliah to introduce some sanity.

Think he’s busy teaching Willie Miller how to fasten his velcro shoes.

9 minutes ago, Cigaro said:

Exactly, it's a form of reconstruction. It's a ****ing disgrace.  A strong SFA would take control of this situation, expel every club that can't fulfil their fixtures and let the proper professional clubs play in a single league.

Just to be clear, I do mean SFA and not SPFL, the SFA silence is shameful.

Edited by Flimsy

1 minute ago, flem said:

Correct, the more this goes on the more I get the feeling the situation is being used to engineer the maximum possible damage to HMFC! 

It is, clearly. It’s also strengthening our case every step along along the road. They are slitting their own throats ahead of the legal case.

Heartsmad1874
4 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

The sunday show is all about letting idiots be idiots and spout utter drivel. At one point he said “there will be tears before bedtime, people will feel sorry for Partick Thistle but eventually someone has to say goodnight”.

2 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Chic, why do we not just have a vote, rather than an indicative vote. Kheredine explains that an EGM is called with 28 days notice, the indicative vote would reduce this to 1 week. Chic, why do we need an indicative vote? He is thick as shit.

I thought Kheredine did a good job of explaining things and Chick did his usual job of deliberately misunderstanding to try to distract from the main point. If this affected St Mirren or Rangers he would be all over the details. Just because people are getting bored doesn't suddenly make it right.

WorldChampions1902
5 minutes ago, Boab Mugabe said:

This latest vote result for 27 Championship games gives the SPFL the perfect get out of jail card to implement an Executive decision on Recon. They can point to the fact that a reduced fixture list unfairly impacts Hearts and in light of this development, they have acted accordingly.

Maybe I’m clutching at straws here, but this saga has had so many twists and turns, anything is possible.

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, Castle rock said:

Only fair fair to playoff for the title as well Kenny aye

Maybes aye maybes naw.

The vast majority of clubs only look short term instead of taking one step backwards to get the increased crowds from their own area/ community’s. Scottish Football is rubbish, crowds are poor at 7 teams in our Premiership, these 7 teams ambition every year is to stay in the top league, Media coverage is all about the old firm, tv is only interested in the old firm, radio is only interested in the old firm, pundits are mainly ex old firm who are only interested in the old firm, 7 Premiership teams rely on 2 old firm crowds to fill their grounds and pray for a cup run and play against the old firm, clubs are frightened to criticise the old firm, clubs are frightened to criticise the old firm fans, clubs are frightened to criticise the newspapers, tv companies, radio & their pundits. 
Doncaster is drawing a wage and just wants to be one of the gang, the committee’s just want an easy life, the SFA are just interested in themselves. Football in this country needs leaders who have a vision, Scottish football needs people who can take the heat from self interest small minded people who just don’t care about the game that provides them with a living.

Like him or love him look at what Barry Hearn has done in snooker, boxing & darts. Yes he was a promoter and a business man who made a fortune for himself and the sports he worked for. 
Who promotes Scottish Football, who comes up with ideas that will benefit Scottish Football, who has the business savvy and the courage to save Scottish Football and make it a success for all our clubs, fans & owners.

I have no need for a tin hat as I am right and we all know it.

Edited by mitch41

1 minute ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

This latest vote result for 27 Championship games gives the SPFL the perfect get out of jail card to implement an Executive decision on Recon. They can point to the fact that a reduced fixture list unfairly impacts Hearts and in light of this development, they have acted accordingly.

Maybe I’m clutching at straws here, but this saga has had so many twists and turns, anything is possible.

Its getting seriously out of hand how penalised we're being by this whole debacle. Even the most biased apologist surely can see this is crossing boundaries of fairness. 

Demoted into a league which then votes to reduce the number of games we can play. It would almost be laughable if it were not actually happening. 

Legal action needs to happen now. Its clear they are trying to slow us down and buy time to try and move to a point where reconstruction 'isn't possible with the available time' (which is total bullshit. you're literally just adding a couple teams and possible rejigging some of the prize money to suit distribution better). 

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

The sunday show is all about letting idiots be idiots and spout utter drivel. At one point he said “there will be tears before bedtime, people will feel sorry for Partick Thistle but eventually someone has to say goodnight”.

I have yet to see one good reason why relegation should happen after a season cut short in the middle of the worst crisis Scottish football.

I think crowning a winner and promotion is fair. The only justification given is "because that's football."

Covid19 has shown Scottish football up for the self interested, vindictive, rudderless mess that it is

19 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Is there something the press know that we don't.

Again no real mention of Hearts potential court cases or if the votes are significantly in excess of 50/50 there is SPFL executive power.

Even to say 'not an avenue' they would like to go down.

Its more that the press don't care.

There are a lot of interesting questions around this. None of them explored by the media.

Joke of a league teams who can grantee to finish all games in the league even if they have to make it a 14 team league should play if hearts are voted out and a team like St.Johnstone or Hamilton can’t finish the season is a joke . And that is a possibility if no fans can enter a ground for revenue with them two

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It seems to work in other countries, there’s been a bit of chat about meaningless games but I don’t think there would be that many. All this could’ve been discussed and voted in adults with common sense ran the game in this country. 

It's unbelievable, they don't want a temporary reconstruction because too many get relegated and they might be involved in the battle, they don't want "meaningless" games either. 

Do they think they will be involved in a title challenge?

10 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I thought Kheredine did a good job of explaining things and Chick did his usual job of deliberately misunderstanding to try to distract from the main point. If this affected St Mirren or Rangers he would be all over the details. Just because people are getting bored doesn't suddenly make it right.

Jimmy Nicholl not knowing the proposal was permanent is pretty standard of the lack of up to date information people have. 

To be fair to Jimmy Nicholl who is on programme to give his best XI he played with doesn't have to know it all. He was useful confirming he's been told it's a mid October start. 

Buzzbomb1874
51 minutes ago, kila said:

The SPFL are proving experts at revealing results before they are due to be announced . Looks like Stewart Robertson wasn’t the only whistleblower on the board

I took a look at the top 20 leagues in Europe (Scotland is 14th by coefficient).

15/20 are resuming/have already resumed and will finish the season.  

France and Belgium finished early with relegation and this looks to have been successfully challenged.

Netherlands finished early with no champions or relegation.

Cyprus finished early with no relegation and are expanding their league to 14 teams.

Scotland is certainly the exception right now.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )