TATTIE HEID CACKING IT

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Lots for Hibs boss to ponder as Elfsborg turn on the style:107years:

Published Date: 03 July 2008

By DAVID HARDIE

HIBS boss Mixu Paatelainen today declared his flying visit to Sweden "invaluable" after watching InterToto Cup rivals IF Elfsborg maintain their turbo-charged start to the season.:)

Paatelainen was an interested onlooker as Elfsborg raced into a 2-0 lead after only 14 minutes:) away to Djugarden in Stockholm last night.

And, although they didn't add to those early goals, the win was enough to keep them second in the Allsvenskan, hard on the heels of leaders Kalmar, who romped to a 5-1 win away to Gefle.

Elfsborg were at full strength as the Swedish League season restarted following a month's break and got off to the perfect start as Anders Svensson, who had starred in all three of his nation's Euro 2008 matches, nodded home a cross from Stefan Ishizaki after only 61 seconds.:)

Ishizaki, pinpointed by former Hibs goalkeeper Daniel Andersson as the biggest threat to his former club, added the second from the penalty spot in the 14th minute, leaving Elfsborg with just one defeat from their opening 12 matches.

As he began his journey back to Edinburgh this morning to take a training session with his squad later in the day, Paatelainen admitted what he had seen, allied to an earlier report from coach Gareth Evans who watched Elfsborg in action last week, had given him plenty of food for thought.:107years:

He said: "It was a valuable trip. As I had thought, Elfsborg had their strongest side out because this was an important league match. Elfsborg are a quality side, well-organised and very disciplined.":)

Last night's clean sheet means Elfsborg have conceded just three goals in 1080 minutes of league action,;) another formidable statistic for Paatelainen to ponder ahead of Sunday's first leg at Easter Road.

He said: "They defend well, they are very solid at the back, no doubt about that.":)

The win left Elfsborg manager Magnus Haglund in better humour than he had been following last weekend's 0-0 draw with HB Torshavn, even although his much-weakened side had won the right to face Hibs thanks to a 4-1 win in the Faroe Islands a week earlier.

Haglund said: "The result gives us optimism for what will be a tough match in Edinburgh."

Well going on the report from the above , they look like a very good side eh, think i can smell a wee dooing for the hobos on Sunday, Tattie heid sounds like he is just aboot greetin from what he saw of them.:):107years:

shaun.lawson

You know, for a moment there, I thought "TATTIE HEID CACKING IT" was the headline in the EEN! Shame...

Top work as ever, maroonlegions!

Captain Lithuania
You know, for a moment there, I thought "TATTIE HEID CACKING IT" was the headline in the EEN! Shame...

Top work as ever, maroonlegions!

I don't think the Evening Hobo would say that about someone they support.

skotskosparta

It is a nice feeling known we have a manager that is concerned about some minor issues about his team, rather than some sprint coach worrying about dress codes around the training pitch!!!

Did you see what I did there!

maroonlegions
It is a nice feeling known we have a manager that is concerned about some minor issues:p:rolleyes: about his team, rather than some sprint coach worrying about dress codes around the training pitch!!!

Did you see what I did there!

(sweeping some minor issues about the other team tattie heid watched under the carpet):P

minor issues:eek:, eh i think he is concerned about the OTHER team he cackled his panties when watching them.Sprint coach , well at lest they will run fast eh.:107years:

winston churchill
(sweeping some minor issues about the other team tattie heid watched under the carpet):P

minor issues:eek:, eh i think he is concerned about the OTHER team he cackled his panties when watching them.Sprint coach , well at lest they will run fast eh.:107years:

i did not even know that,the hubz start their inter tattie run on sunday.

they could be in and out before the trades finish again.

to quote sir monkey heed of lochend,we only entered to give the boys match practice:rolleyes:

Archived