getting relegated on the bright side Loic Damour

wattie exploited

Randy Marsh
13 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

This has happened time and time again.

We replaced Keatings with Riley, and Riley with Wighton. We replaced Kitchen with Grzleack(sp), Rherras with Sowah, Ozturk with Hughes. All of these players were moved on by the choice of our head coach at the time.

Yes its been shambolic.   Forgot about Keatings to.  We should try and resign him as he wold do a job for us in the championship.👍

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wattie exploited

• The Fonz

• Randy Marsh

• Beast Boy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

That was a poorly advised interview by Damour. Not the time to be coming out in the press talking about options.  He’s never been overly popular amongst our support and he’s alienated himself even more now.

Sometimes interviews are held back to hit on a particular day 

Class of 75
1 hour ago, The Fonz said:

4 year contracts with high basics and low bonuses. What could possibly go wrong? 

Over the past few years most of our “big” signings have been catastrophic; Sammon, Oshaniwa, Martin, Wighton (maybe not big but we paid a fee) and Damour. 

It’s never guaranteed success making signings in the market that we are in, but we’ve been stung nearly every time we’ve gone full bank. How John Murray is still on the payroll is astounding. 

I wonder if all of these clown have the same agent. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

With clubs looking to streamline rather than add, could be stuck with him. 

Hopefully there is a relegation clause we can activate 

Japan Jambo

comes across really, really badly. wants it all ways...typifies all that is wrong with how we have conducted transfer business in the last few years.

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

It’s cost us points and those points lost put us in the shit.

it sure did as we lost both games :rifle:

indianajones
1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Yes its been shambolic.   Forgot about Keatings to.  We should try and resign him as he wold do a job for us in the championship.👍

He's a bit rat now. 

Randy Marsh
6 minutes ago, indianajones said:

He's a bit rat now. 

Completely forgot he went to Hibs.👍

2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Completely forgot he went to Hibs.👍

Won the Cup with them and got a tattoo of it did he not? 

2 hours ago, Shanks said:

I’d imagine his only option will be to stay at Hearts and scoop his very large basic wage for doing **** all.

I would be delighted if losers like him left the club but I can’t see it, no one is going to be offering him anywhere near what he’s getting here. 

Hopefully he won’t have a choice, his contract should have a release clause.

Just another player from down south that supporters expect to be good, just because he played at a decent level in England. English football is seriously overhyped. The way some fans drool over the English Championship is ludicrous.

1 hour ago, Class of 75 said:

I wonder if all of these clown have the same agent. 

There’s a few theories that float about in regards to our DoF’s use of “preferred agents” which would in part explain why we have signed around 100 players in 5 years....

You’d get banned from the thread for posting them though, so I won’t. 

Just now, The Fonz said:

There’s a few theories that float about in regards to our DoF’s use of “preferred agents” which would in part explain why we have signed around 100 players in 5 years....

The players listed don’t all have the same agent though. 

21 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Hopefully he won’t have a choice, his contract should have a release clause.

Don’t think there’s many players that have a release clause in their contract that forces them to leave if relegated.  A wage reduction maybe but he won’t be forced to go I’m afraid.  We will be stuck with these high earners.

6 year on from Budgement day too...

I have always said the Damour is shit, cardiff was a blip on an otherwise uninspiring journeyman career, Heart of Midlothian is the highest level he will ever reach 

15 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

18 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

The players listed don’t all have the same agent though. 

Hence why I said “preferred agents”. 

500ClubCraig

The players should think themselves lucky their contracts weren’t suspended by the club until Scottish Football resumes.
To offer them a large proportion of their salaries during this time was extremely generous.

If we are, as now expected, playing in the Championship when football eventually resumes then they should all have severe reductions in salary due to clauses in the contracts.
This will hopefully lead to mutual termination of contracts for many of these overpaid waste of spaces 👍

Hectormasson
5 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

Getting Relegated will be a night mare but if there is any positives to take at least we are going to see which players want to stay at hearts and who don.t 

one of the positives is we will get rid of the dross like Loic Damour who has been quoted as saying he will have to reconsider his position let me do it for you mate and just Go as your total shit .

Plus we aint going to have Craig about either good days so its  going to be a rebuild better team and better future as it cant get any worse than the last 2 years ! 

He will prob end up at some place like Carlisle?     And that's no disrespect to them , it's the fact that this damour has visions of grandeur in his dreams ??? Gtf  m8 👋👋👋👋👋👋👋🖐

20 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

Hence why I said “preferred agents”. 

By the same token, I’d rather we weren’t at the mercy of agents like Houldesworth (sp?); Jamie Walker’s former agent.

Sneckiejambo

If Joe Bloggs did his job as bad as some of these footballers ( cough cough ) his boss would say F.,. your contract pack your tools and F.,. off. Hearts should be doing the same. 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Class of 75
2 hours ago, The Fonz said:

I know what you mean. Heard a few 'rumours' myself. 

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

By the same token, I’d rather we weren’t at the mercy of agents like Houldesworth (sp?); Jamie Walker’s former agent.

Absolutely. Same as any industry, there will be some good and some bad. 

Walkers agent seems like a massive wank and tbh shat the bed with his clients career in Jamie’s case. 

I’d much prefer we dealt with agents in a professional and competent way, but unfortunately we’ve clearly been an easy ride for them.

“Your client wants a 4 year deal? Train from home? Massive base with no incentive to deliver? No worries, sign here”

Whether that’s just stupidity or something more sinister, I doubt we’ll ever find out conclusively. 

Damour has been directly responsible for losing the ball at critical times and costing us goals and lost points. The last time being the ball he gave away at Paisley that cost us 3 points. We wouldn’t be bottom if it wasn’t for him. He’s got a great opinion of himself and I’d hope we’d move him on regardless of what league we are in next season. Won’t be missed imo! 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

8 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

Absolutely. Same as any industry, there will be some good and some bad. 

Walkers agent seems like a massive wank and tbh shat the bed with his clients career in Jamie’s case. 

I’d much prefer we dealt with agents in a professional and competent way, but unfortunately we’ve clearly been an easy ride for them.

“Your client wants a 4 year deal? Train from home? Massive base with no incentive to deliver? No worries, sign here”

Whether that’s just stupidity or something more sinister, I doubt we’ll ever find out conclusively. 

I can’t really disagree with any of that tbh. What annoys me, is it often feels like no matter what method we employ, we still get shat on. It annoys me when shite like Hibs get good fees for players, or they sign extensions, and equivalent players at Hearts shit on the club. Maybe I’m just seeing something that isn’t there, but it just feels that way to me quite a lot.

No doubt he was the one leaking stuff to press, another one who will lives in his own bubble - if he's anywhere near the starting 11 next season we're in trouble.

Loic if you're reading, you're absolutely terrible, make sure you at least pretend to give a damn at your next club.

Batistuta87

Tell ye what Loic, just **** off now eh?? What an absolute prick of a laddie coming out with an interview like that. Who does he think he is? This is genuinely the first time I've ever said this about any of our players, but I never want to see him in a Hearts shirt again.

Edited by Batistuta87

4 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

3 hours ago, indianajones said:

He's a bit rat now. 

This arsehole?

The arsehole that got a Vermin tattoo and got the time wrong, for the full time whistle in their 2016 Cup win?

That Keatings?

CA1D0785-925D-494E-A748-A4685FEA8EEF.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I can’t really disagree with any of that tbh. What annoys me, is it often feels like no matter what method we employ, we still get shat on. It annoys me when shite like Hibs get good fees for players, or they sign extensions, and equivalent players at Hearts shit on the club. Maybe I’m just seeing something that isn’t there, but it just feels that way to me quite a lot.

Think it all comes from the toxic culture at the club. 

If players are winning games, enjoying training and feel some sort of bond to the club we’d get more out of them and they’d be more likely to extend or do well enough to attract a fee from elsewhere. 

It’s the same as in any business, you can chuck money at it and give out big salaries to get folk in the door. However, if there’s a fundamentally poor culture then good people won’t stay or you’ll turn the good ones bad. 

I think Stendel has been fairly appalled at just about every aspect of the football department since coming in and seemed to be making a concerted effort to change it. Unfortunately he’s likely run out of time both in terms of how results were going and with COVID19. 

If it’s not going to be Stendel when football resumes we need a proper leader in there that’s going to demand success and turn the club around. 

Anyway... that was a bit of an off tangent rant. Back on topic, Damour- woeful footballer and below average human being. 

6 hours ago, 1953 said:

Did he not have a good game for us once, or perhaps it was a good pass, can't remember now.

Nearly, he shaped up well to hit a good pass.

Bazzas right boot

Gonna go against the grain. 

He looked like a midfielder, good touch, got his head up and could pass. 

His cv said he should have been a good player for us. 

Unfortunately he has never go to grips with the pace and has had his pocket picked too often and not really learned. 

A bit like Pallardo seemed to be for us after promotion. 

The pace, particularly in midfield does catch folk out up here. 

He'll be on wedge tho and not value for mone at all. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Boy is mince , hopefully we have a clause to release if demoted 

Edit > No harm is meant to mince in this post 

Edited by fila
updated

Randy Marsh
10 hours ago, Morgan said:

This arsehole?

The arsehole that got a Vermin tattoo and got the time wrong, for the full time whistle in their 2016 Cup win?

That Keatings?

CA1D0785-925D-494E-A748-A4685FEA8EEF.jpeg

Wasn't aware of this.  You put me off my breakfast. 

black stump
13 hours ago, Shanks said:

Don’t think there’s many players that have a release clause in their contract that forces them to leave if relegated.  A wage reduction maybe but he won’t be forced to go I’m afraid.  We will be stuck with these high earners.

Yup. depends on the wage reduction but it will still be a decent wage and he isn't going to get a better offer in the current climate.

Looks like we are stuck with him for another three years. 

Maybe he will come good...

Ibrahim Tall
17 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

I've got a guy who played in the EPL sparingly last season, but played regularly in a championship team who won promotion the year before, he's willing to sign.

On paper it should have worked. 

Tbh a tiny bit of a background search would realise his ‘stats’ were pretty worrying. 

He got bombed out the Cardiff  half way through their promotion season when they were on a horrible run(which ended when he was dropped) and then barely played again for the rest of the season. 
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/loic-damour/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/81190/plus/0/saison/2017/wettbewerb/GB2/verein/603

his ‘sparing’ use in the premiership amounted to a total of 21 minutes over 2 games and then for the rest of the season he didn’t even make the bench.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/loic-damour/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/81190/plus/0/saison/2018/wettbewerb/GB1/verein/603

Following relegation they then decided he wasn’t even worth keeping around to get promoted and let him leave on a free to anyone that’d take him.

I’d like to think our Manager and ‘scouting networks’ could compile something a hell of a lot more extensive than I found on google in 2 minutes but even from that you could see there was a decent chance he’d be shite.

4 year deal. :vrface:

This guy should've been given a 1 year deal with an option of another year, and been grateful for that.

Often pay lip service to these articles as they're poorly translated from the original language, but I don't think anyone at all will shed a tear if he leaves.

wattie exploited
15 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

No doubt he was the one leaking stuff to press, another one who will lives in his own bubble - if he's anywhere near the starting 11 next season we're in trouble.

Loic if you're reading, you're absolutely terrible, make sure you at least pretend to give a damn at your next club.

dont think he will walk away unless he gets a better wage than he is already on at hearts ,hopefully hearts tell him to **** off and go he is shit anyway !!!!!!!!!

TyphoonJambo
15 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Gonna go against the grain. 

He looked like a midfielder, good touch, got his head up and could pass. 

His cv said he should have been a good player for us. 

Unfortunately he has never go to grips with the pace and has had his pocket picked too often and not really learned. 

A bit like Pallardo seemed to be for us after promotion. 

The pace, particularly in midfield does catch folk out up here. 

He'll be on wedge tho and not value for mone at all. 

Pallardo was no where near as bad as this guy. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Pallardo was no where near as bad as this guy. 

He was just as bad in the top league imo. 

Too slow and caught in possession. 

Gomis too after a while. 

Probably on a fraction of Damour wages tho. 

Guest ToqueJambo
16 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It goes in cycles. Overall, Hibs seem to be ok with letting their better players go at the first sign of a bid, and their players are often happy to leave at the first sign of interest.  For example, they sold Mowbray's entire team more or less at the same time. If it was us, we would have kept some of Thomson, Murphy, Brown, Riorden etc. Or look at Kamberi, McGeough and Scott Allen more recently.

Our better players seem to be happier to stay with us longer. We more often play hardball with buying teams and tend to get burned more that way when a player leaves for free or we end up taking what we can. Standout players like Driver, Walker (initially), Souttar, Skacel, Hartley and Paterson would have left Hibs sooner for big money if they'd been their players. I'd always choose seeing our better players play for us longer than getting money for them after 1 or 2 good seasons.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He was just as bad in the top league imo. 

Too slow and caught in possession. 

Gomis too after a while. 

Probably on a fraction of Damour wages tho. 

They were both signed for the Championship though. We signed Djoum for the Premiership, and he was a fairly major upgrade on both. That's the problem with recent signings like Martin and Damour. They weren't upgrades on the players they replaced.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They were both signed for the Championship though. We signed Djoum for the Premiership, and he was a fairly major upgrade on both. That's the problem with recent signings like Martin and Damour. They weren't upgrades on the players they replaced.

Yeah, 100%.

alwaysthereinspirit
16 hours ago, graygo said:

Nearly, he shaped up well to hit a good pass.

I remember it well. I never actually saw it live. As I had just blinked. The legend will continue though because of threads like this. Never forget.