EPL telt

ri Alban

The English FA have telt the EPL there'll be promotion and relegation. So either finish the season, go on points per game or past seasons form. Get it done. 

Don't feck with The FA! 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

The English FA have telt the EPL there'll be promotion and relegation. So either finish the season, go on points per game or past seasons form. Get it done. 

Don't feck with The FA! 

Not really a great ruling or precedent from our perspective.

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Don't feck with The FA! 

Where have you seen this FA decision?

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

its getting tweeted about.

my question dont the epl run the top flight rather than the FA? if so do they have the power to tell them no

gashauskis9
7 minutes ago, graygo said:

Not great for us if the SFA follow suit.

I’m 99% convinced we’re already ****ed so no shock there.

4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

The News. 

Will there be any compensation to the relegated teams I wonder... If not they will be taking legal action.

UEFA will have to wade in soon, this is going to get messy. Already is in France.

8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

my question dont the epl run the top flight rather than the FA? if so do they have the power to tell them no

I think the FA run the EPL. 

The Football League runs the others.

Celtic run ours. 

Edited by martoon

8 minutes ago, kila said:

Will there be any compensation to the relegated teams I wonder... If not they will be taking legal action.

UEFA will have to wade in soon, this is going to get messy. Already is in France.

UEFA should have thought long and hard about the issues and made definite proclamations long before now on a standard practice regarding how seasons were to be ended across Europe. They've chickened out of making any firm decision, perhaps because they don't want to be the recipients of lawsuits.

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

UEFA should have thought long and hard about the issues and made definite proclamations long before now on a standard practice regarding how seasons were to be ended across Europe. They've chickened out of making any firm decision, perhaps because they don't want to be the recipients of lawsuits.

Lawsuits notwithstanding you're right, red. 

UEFA are in charge. They are the administrators of European football and they should have behaved accordingly. A clear cut directive to cover all leagues should have been issued. 

Instead, we are subject to an SPFL that, I suspect, no Hearts supporter trusts, appears to be pushing a Celtic 9ira agenda and clubs like Hibs who hate us and want their pound of flesh for imaginary injustices. 

If UEFA, themselves, declared that current tables be final and relegations take affect we, of course, would still be facing Championship football next term. However, it would be a little more palatable knowing other clubs all over Europe were in the same boat and the decision wasn't made because of petty dislikes and the all invasive influence of one club in particular. 

3fingersreid

Can’t really see any of the English premier league teams going bankrupt , some of Scotland’s top league however , will hopefully disappear for ever , never to return either 

jock _turd
51 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Don't feck with The FA! 

I think the FA are just letting out a groan! There are no teams that are directly affected by an arbitrary decision are going to say fair enough.. this will all end up in court unless something comes about that protects the investment made by teams that can get promotion and by those who can still avoid promotion. The entry into or staying in the EPL is mega in terms of finance no team is going to lose out on that without a fight. That of course is only my opinion

jock _turd
1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

Can’t really see any of the English premier league teams going bankrupt , some of Scotland’s top league however , will hopefully disappear for ever , never to return either 

I have no idea about the EPL but what about the championship sides that have invested heavily to get into the EPL ? The season will have to be played out or there will be lots of blood on the carpet.

3fingersreid
1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

I have no idea about the EPL but what about the championship sides that have invested heavily to get into the EPL ? The season will have to be played out or there will be lots of blood on the carpet.

That’s a different story , lots of overspending in that division 

11 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I'm not so sure, ok they make millions but they also pay out millions. Rich people go bankrupt at a surprisingly similar rate to not so rich people.

Edited by graygo

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Don't feck with The FA! 

But done after extensive consultation with clubs. 

Self interest has kicked in. Especially from relegation threatened clubs. (see West Ham and Brighton) But not just imposed after a few days. 

59 minutes ago, kila said:

Maybe

But massive parachute payments already in place 

3fingersreid
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'm not so sure, ok they make millions but they also pay out millions. Rich people go bankrupt at a surprisingly similar rate to not so rich people.

I was told by a guy in financial investment that the people who make money in a recession are rich people . Just think how many people bought oil when it was worth 1 cent a barrel or similar a couple of weeks ago , someone with stacks of money bought hundreds of thousands of barrels , stores them , then punts them when the price returns . 
Anyhow I digress , you may well be right about the efl , I just want to see some of Scotland’s clubs disappear . 
only one team I care about now 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Maple Leaf

I've just read that the EPL season is to resume behind closed doors on June 1.  I thought this paragraph from the article was interesting, especially the bit about relegation.

Liverpool have a commanding lead in first place, but handing them the title in the same fashion as PSG would be a somewhat deflating outcome for supporters, who have waited 30 years to see their side win the league. Meanwhile, relegating Bournemouth, Aston Villa and Norwich City would be unfair since they wouldn't have had the luxury of a full season to retain their places in the Premier League.

2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I've just read that the EPL season is to resume behind closed doors on June 1.  I thought this paragraph from the article was interesting, especially the bit about relegation.

Liverpool have a commanding lead in first place, but handing them the title in the same fashion as PSG would be a somewhat deflating outcome for supporters, who have waited 30 years to see their side win the league. Meanwhile, relegating Bournemouth, Aston Villa and Norwich City would be unfair since they wouldn't have had the luxury of a full season to retain their places in the Premier League.

that 1st june date is the earliest they can start not that they would resume that day

Kirky Jambo
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Not really a great ruling or precedent from our perspective.

True, although the decision has effectively already been made here so I suppose if the outcry down south is damning it could help us in a perverse way. Almost like the Keatings “dive” incident when it basically took Gary Lineker to intervene before anyone here bothered with it

black stump

Some of those clubs are already threatening legal action, and they, unlike us, can probably afford it!

could get very interesting...

Must say that although I have always favoured null and void, it is very tough on clubs which were in pole position for promotion.

Expanding the leagues in England is not a viable proposition so in fairness they are in a very difficult position.

The mini league circus in neutral grounds with no crowds is not the answer either imo.

I guess a bigger issue in England in that the EPL and EFL are different bodies, so if EFL want promotions and the EPL don't, probably why the FA weighing in.

Once a club or two start to complain and write statements, they'll have a huge mess to deal with.

Scottish football crisis brewed to the boil rather quickly and we're already in the ring taking swipes at each other. Been awfully quiet in England so far...

Edited by kila

4 minutes ago, kila said:

I guess a bigger issue in England in that the EPL and EFL are different bodies, so if EFL want promotions and the EPL don't, probably why the FA weighing in.

Once a club or two start to complain and write statements, they'll have a huge mess to deal with.

Scottish football crisis brewed to the boil rather quickly and we're already in the ring taking swipes at each other. Been awfully quiet in England so far...

Yeah

Probably a lot to do with promotion. 

But also clarity. West Ham and Brighton in particular have been quite loud. 

The main difference in England is desperation to play the EPL games. 

Edited by Mikey1874

CARDIFFBOY
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah

Probably a lot to do with promotion. 

But also clarity. West Ham and Brighton in particular have been quite loud. 

The main difference in England is desperation to play the EPL games. 

Seeing as the current bottom 3 teams in the Premier League could have been replaced by three different teams I think this season should be null and void if the remaining games cannot be played. Hard luck on Liverpool but also hard luck on Leeds and WBA if they miss out on promotion. I cannot see these games being played behind closed doors so null and void is the only way. 

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Don't feck with The FA! 

This is complete rubbish.

Are you getting your sources from a flying unicorn?

8 minutes ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

Seeing as the current bottom 3 teams in the Premier League could have been replaced by three different teams I think this season should be null and void if the remaining games cannot be played. Hard luck on Liverpool but also hard luck on Leeds and WBA if they miss out on promotion. I cannot see these games being played behind closed doors so null and void is the only way. 

That is what the FA have ruled out today. Good news for West Brom and Leeds. 

8 minutes ago, Kearney13 said:

See above too

True story. FA have a trump card on these matters. 

9 minutes ago, Kearney13 said:

Why did you think it was rubbish? 

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

I was told by a guy in financial investment that the people who make money in a recession are rich people . Just think how many people bought oil when it was worth 1 cent a barrel or similar a couple of weeks ago , someone with stacks of money bought hundreds of thousands of barrels , stores them , then punts them when the price returns . 
Anyhow I digress , you may well be right about the efl , I just want to see some of Scotland’s clubs disappear . 
only one team I care about now 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Boris's Eton Mafia and mates are making a fortune.

8 minutes ago, Kearney13 said:

You are sending links of being "reported"

There is a massive ifference between facts and being reported.

Nothing has been fully agreed.

its been discussed its not been agreed.

So watch that foot.

you said it was complete rubbish so you were wrong

fabienleclerq
3 hours ago, martoon said:

Lawsuits notwithstanding you're right, red. 

UEFA are in charge. They are the administrators of European football and they should have behaved accordingly. A clear cut directive to cover all leagues should have been issued. 

Instead, we are subject to an SPFL that, I suspect, no Hearts supporter trusts, appears to be pushing a Celtic 9ira agenda and clubs like Hibs who hate us and want their pound of flesh for imaginary injustices. 

If UEFA, themselves, declared that current tables be final and relegations take affect we, of course, would still be facing Championship football next term. However, it would be a little more palatable knowing other clubs all over Europe were in the same boat and the decision wasn't made because of petty dislikes and the all invasive influence of one club in particular. 

Freudian slip? 😂

24 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Freudian slip? 😂

:lol:

Noticed that too.  Not wrong, tbh. 

43 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Freudian slip? 😂

36 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

:rofl: good spot

18 minutes ago, tian447 said:

:lol:

Noticed that too.  Not wrong, tbh. 

😂

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

you said it was complete rubbish so you were wrong

No Im not.

Has it been confirmed?

No.

Your basis is reported. If you knew the difference between Reported and factual it would help.

If your original main basis is a tweet that was reported, then each link, which again are all "reported" you clearly are pissing up against a wall.

So again stop talking rubbish when its never been CONFIRMED.

Edited by Kearney13

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Kearney13 said:

No Im not.

Has it been confirmed?

No.

Your basis is reported. If you knew the difference between Reported and factual it would help.

If your original main basis is a tweet that was reported, then each link, which again are all "reported" you clearly are pissing up against a wall.

So again stop talking rubbish when its never been CONFIRMED.

dog-dig.gif

12 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Could be totally wrong, but while the PL and FA are seperate entities (Like the SPFL and SFA), I believe ultimately, the FA do have jurisdiction and final say over a lot of things. I guess they'd have to fall in line with the FA on many things, to comply with UEFA. If they went completely rogue, UEFA could perhaps expel them or not recognise them as a member. Not sure if that would apply to the entire FA, or just the PL, but in such a mad hypothetical scenario, I guess that would make the Championship the top league by proxy.

FWIW, I think the Premier League, as well as other major leagues, will be watching this weekends Bundesliga coverage. If that all goes to plan, and shows there is a way around it, then the PL, plus Serie A and La Liga won't be far behind.

Serie A and La Liga clubs have been back training for a few weeks now I believe, and some PL clubs are training in some capacity.

Could have been an option for the SPFL too, had they not completely shat the bed.