EPL telt

ri Alban

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Locky said:

Could be totally wrong, but while the PL and FA are seperate entities (Like the SPFL and SFA), I believe ultimately, the FA do have jurisdiction and final say over a lot of things. I guess they'd have to fall in line with the FA on many things, to comply with UEFA. If they went completely rogue, UEFA could perhaps expel them or not recognise them as a member. Not sure if that would apply to the entire FA, or just the PL, but in such a mad hypothetical scenario, I guess that would make the Championship the top league by proxy.

Everything has to be sanctioned by the recognised national governing body but I'm quite surprised tbh

3 hours ago, Locky said:

Could be totally wrong, but while the PL and FA are seperate entities (Like the SPFL and SFA), I believe ultimately, the FA do have jurisdiction and final say over a lot of things. I guess they'd have to fall in line with the FA on many things, to comply with UEFA. If they went completely rogue, UEFA could perhaps expel them or not recognise them as a member. Not sure if that would apply to the entire FA, or just the PL, but in such a mad hypothetical scenario, I guess that would make the Championship the top league by proxy.

The English Premier League was set up under the organisation or jurisdiction of the Football Association.

The FA have a Golden Share which can be described as a veto. So while it's TRUE that no final decisions have been made what the FA says will happen. And the FA have said there WILL have to be relegation. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Starting on 17th June. 

EFL maybe a week later.

Championship games are going to be played. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

EFL maybe a week later.

Championship games are going to be played. 

Looks likely. 

Knew this was starting back as soon as SKY sent me my new bill this week and it had shoved the Sports package charges back on 😡🤣

BelgeJambo

Wasn’t there a chairman a while back came out and said they can actually survive without gate receipts?

Sponsorship and TV is just phenomenal down there

2 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Wasn’t there a chairman a while back came out and said they can actually survive without gate receipts?

I think all clubs would still make money, if they went through the whole season with a crowd of zero.  

annushorribilis III
4 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Bayern Munich did - not sure about anyone else.   

BelgeJambo
8 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Bayern Munich did - not sure about anyone else.   

Spurs sticks in my mind

annushorribilis III
4 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Spurs sticks in my mind

Spurs have consistently had (some of) the highest ticket prices for decades and with that £1Bn debt for their new stadium they'll need every penny. 

EagleJambo
15 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

I think this is the case with a number of EPL clubs. We have season tickets at Crystal Palace (capacity 25,000) and I'm sure they said that income from gate receipts was a relatively minor consideration compared to income from TV and sponsorship.

16 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Bournemouth make around £15m a year (roughly the same as Hearts), however, they also received a payment of £115m from the EPL.  Gate receipts at Bourmouth are only £5m with the other £10m hospitality / sponsors / shirt sales etc.

BelgeJambo
1 hour ago, TurboT said:

Bournemouth make around £15m a year (roughly the same as Hearts), however, they also received a payment of £115m from the EPL.  Gate receipts at Bourmouth are only £5m with the other £10m hospitality / sponsors / shirt sales etc.

Crazy stuff

There was a survey two years ago, which I can't find, that claimed all but a few EPL clubs could survive without fans. I remember there was a contrast with Sheff UTD who were in the championship, where gate receipts were 70% of their income.

More relevant perhaps is the fact that the EPL are paying back £340M of all TV money because they haven't been able to fulfill the agreed contract. While its less than 10%, I wonder how much the SPFL will have to pay back for not completing 20%(at least) of all games? Just shows how much Doncaster shafted clubs to get 9iar.

1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

There was a survey two years ago, which I can't find, that claimed all but a few EPL clubs could survive without fans. I remember there was a contrast with Sheff UTD who were in the championship, where gate receipts were 70% of their income.

More relevant perhaps is the fact that the EPL are paying back £340M of all TV money because they haven't been able to fulfill the agreed contract. While its less than 10%, I wonder how much the SPFL will have to pay back for not completing 20%(at least) of all games? Just shows how much Doncaster shafted clubs to get 9iar.

will they be paying it back since all the remaining 92 games are to be televised?

chrisyboy7
On 11/05/2020 at 18:35, graygo said:

Not great for us if the SFA follow suit.

We play in scotland. What's this got to do with us lol. 

6 hours ago, milky_26 said:

will they be paying it back since all the remaining 92 games are to be televised?

Apparently yes

9 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

We play in scotland. What's this got to do with us lol. 

The way things are going that will be;

worst case:- “used to play football”

best case:- “used to play away games in Scotland as well as home games”