Frank McGarvey

Lego Knees

Lego Knees

Trying to find that classic story about a fellow Jambo smashing that mutant when playing 5s against him ....... anybody got a link as struggling to find it in here 🙏?

SpruceBringsteen

Normally I'd feel bad for a guy with a gambling addiction so bad that his wife had to become a prostitute. 

In his case, I can't wait until I piss on his grave.

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, Lego Knees said:

Trying to find that classic story about a fellow Jambo smashing that mutant when playing 5s against him ....... anybody got a link as struggling to find it in here 🙏?

Would never get sick of skelping that heed " drinking champers with the Tim's after 0-5 at home !

Geoff Kilpatrick
11 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Normally I'd feel bad for a guy with a gambling addiction so bad that his wife had to become a prostitute. 

In his case, I can't wait until I piss on his grave.

This.

I can still picture him running away from the shed corner flag as the missiles rained down in December 1983. Even more so, his dug eyed, greetin' face as turned back to look from a safe distance. 

It's not clever, it would be headline news if it happened now but, bloody hell, it was funny. 

Any younger fans who may be appalled should know that going to Parkhead as a Hearts supporter in those days was like entering a war zone. 

I've never hated a Hibs player anywhere near as much as I hate that creature. 

I hope his next shite is an Orange walk. 

Edited by martoon

Hectormasson
4 minutes ago, martoon said:

I can still picture him running away from the shed corner flag as the missiles rained down in December 1983. Even more so, his dug eyed, greetin' face as turned back to look from a safe distance. 

It's not clever, it would be headline news if it happened now but, bloody hell, it was funny. 

Any younger fans who may be appalled should know that going to Parkhead as a Hearts supporter in those days was like entering a war zone. 

I've never hated a Hibs player anywhere near as much as I hate that creature. 

Scum of the lowest form!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

Scum of the lowest form!!!!!!

Me or Frank? 😂

Hectormasson
Just now, martoon said:

Me or Frank? 😂

Frank m8🤣🤣🤣dont lower yourself 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

Frank m8🤣🤣🤣dont lower yourself 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

👍

Class of 75

Although not about this clown but slightly related always remember Tommy Coyne celebrating his goal for Motherwell at Tynecastle in 1998 which helped his real team Celtic in their chase for the title. Sickening. 

been here before

The one line tribute number to his wife.

Still one of the best songs of the era.

Forever Hearts
4 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

Although not about this clown but slightly related always remember Tommy Coyne celebrating his goal for Motherwell at Tynecastle in 1998 which helped his real team Celtic in their chase for the title. Sickening. 

He celebrated a goal that he had scored? 

gashauskis9
6 hours ago, trotter said:

You're welcome :)

From his Wikipedia, it looks like you inspired others.  

“In 2016, McGarvey was still playing football at the age of 60, in a five-a-sides league, when he was struck by an opponent's elbow and lost four teeth. He stated at the time that the incident had made him decide to finally give up playing the game at a competitive level.[7]

Class of 75
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

He celebrated a goal that he had scored? 

Yes but the way he celebrated you would have thought Motherwell had won the cup. Ran the length of the pitch. 

Doctor FinnBarr
43 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

From his Wikipedia, it looks like you inspired others.  

“In 2016, McGarvey was still playing football at the age of 60, in a five-a-sides league, when he was struck by an opponent's elbow and lost four teeth. He stated at the time that the incident had made him decide to finally give up playing the game at a competitive level.[7]

Whatever happened to Floyd?

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

2 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Got excited when I seen his name thought something terrible had happened.

:lol: love it . 

Forever Hearts
29 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Whatever happened to Floyd?

He posts elsewhere these days. 

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

He posts elsewhere these days. 

Thats a shame, decent poster.

fabienleclerq
2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Obvious answer not posted, yet

Not an R.I.P. thread?

I'm out..

Only reason I opened it. 

Des Lynam

Phew I was worried something terrible had happened and I couldn’t go to the pub to celebrate. 

I was hoping that he had died with the the coronavirus. One of my most hated players on the planet. I’m sure the wife being a booker was just a cover story. Can you imagine having that shag you for the rest of your life 🤢

jack D and coke
8 hours ago, trotter said:

You're welcome :)

Amazing story🥰🥰

Warms me stuff like that. 

Forever Hearts
19 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Hate's a powerful thing. If following a football team fuels your 'need' to hate someone, why not use some of this enforced time off the beautiful game to rethink what is important?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Minutes_Hate

(And as I write, Saughton's post appears above. I rest my case.)

McGarvey is a self confessed cheat and deserves every bit of hate he gets. For a professional footballer to intentionally not try a leg against the team he supports is utterly shameful. 

4marsbars
10 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

McGarvey is a self confessed cheat and deserves every bit of hate he gets. For a professional footballer to intentionally not try a leg against the team he supports is utterly shameful. 

What do you think of the post hoping he had died of coronavirus? Because that post is part of your 'every bit of hate he gets'.  

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, 4marsbars said:

What do you think of the post hoping he had died of coronavirus? Because that post is part of your 'every bit of hate he gets'.  

That's obviously going too far. You can hate somebody without wishing death on them. 

Beast Boy
5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

That's obviously going too far. You can hate somebody without wishing death on them. 

Do you hate him?

Des Lynam
15 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I was disappointed with the word hope. 

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Do you hate him?

I hate what he did. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

Beast Boy
8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I hate what he did. 

Me too. Do you hate him though?

Forever Hearts
14 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Me too. Do you hate him though?

Aye, stuff it. I'm going all in here. 

Beast Boy
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye, stuff it. I'm going all in here. 

Cool. I have no issues with that, just curious really.

I don’t know if I hate him or not, I despise the *****, but I really don’t know if what I feel for him is actual hatred or not. It’s a word I probably use too often and not always accurately. Would I class what I feel for him as the same as what I would feel for someone who hurt my family? No. Is hate an absolute? Or are there degrees of hatred? 

What I do know, is there was a poster on here a few ago who used to like pointing out that hating someone or something made you a bigot.

Anyway, ho-hum back to the thread.

Ricardo Shillyshally

Was the poster not a bit of a fantasist who was exposed some time later?

I hope it happened, but doubt it did.

48 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Cool. I have no issues with that, just curious really.

I don’t know if I hate him or not, I despise the *****, but I really don’t know if what I feel for him is actual hatred or not. It’s a word I probably use too often and not always accurately. Would I class what I feel for him as the same as what I would feel for someone who hurt my family? No. Is hate an absolute? Or are there degrees of hatred? 

What I do know, is there was a poster on here a few ago who used to like pointing out that hating someone or something made you a bigot.

Anyway, ho-hum back to the thread.

The thing is, there is no specific definition of hatred. Despising someone, for example, could be viewed as the same as hating someone.

I suppose when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter how much you say you "hate" someone, it's how far you would actually want that hate to be manifested that counts. Would you just want someone to get a good speaking to, for them to have an unhappy life, for them to die of coronavirus, and so on.

I hate what he did. 

Good answers, FH, particularly given who we are talking about. :)

4marsbars

I'm not religious, but I generally do agree with Christians (and members of other beliefs) who teach that we should hate the sin but love the sinner.

And I'm not a hypocrite either. I fall far short of that standard.

I was fortunate in my choice of parents. As a child, if I said I hated someone I was challenged every time. It horrifies me to think that in all probability, many who express feelings of hate on Kickback are themselves parents. Glad I'm not their child (as they are glad not to be my parent, I'm sure). But would they show their kids half of the poison they post?

Edited by 4marsbars

Tommy Brown
44 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Was the poster not a bit of a fantasist who was exposed some time later?

I hope it happened, but doubt it did.

He was a good poster.

But, took a right cream puff.

He boasted of shagging Mark Burchill's sister.

MB doesn't have a sister :lol:

Forever Hearts
55 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I'm not religious, but I generally do agree with Christians (and members of other beliefs) who teach that we should hate the sin but love the sinner.

And I'm not a hypocrite either. I fall far short of that standard.

I was fortunate in my choice of parents. As a child, if I said I hated someone I was challenged every time. It horrifies me to think that in all probability, many who express feelings of hate on Kickback are themselves parents. Glad I'm not their child (as they are glad not to be my parent, I'm sure). But would they show their kids half of the poison they post?

A wee bit dramatic. 

Beast Boy
2 hours ago, redjambo said:

The thing is, there is no specific definition of hatred. Despising someone, for example, could be viewed as the same as hating someone.

I suppose when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter how much you say you "hate" someone, it's how far you would actually want that hate to be manifested that counts. Would you just want someone to get a good speaking to, for them to have an unhappy life, for them to die of coronavirus, and so on.

Yeah, that’s what I mean. You hear people talking about how you don’t really hate this or that, because “hate is such a strong word”... well it’s so strong, that it apparently doesn’t even have a definitive meaning.

I have strong feelings of revulsion towards rats like McGarvey. Can think of many people or things that would inspire a much stronger feeling of anger and revulsion though, like child rapists or murderers. That tends to make me think that I do t actually “hate” most of the things or people that I’ve claimed to previously. Unless there are actually degrees of hate, and it’s not an absolute. 🤷‍♂️