Jump to content

Season ticket latest 11.5k sold ( General sale underway )


Recommended Posts

jr ewing

The club, I think, has generously offered to split the payments for next season into two payments of June and then December to help with the current financial difficulties.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • davemclaren

    131

  • Beast Boy

    98

  • jr ewing

    74

  • GinRummy

    52

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

letsmakesomenoise

I  just cant get my head around the club trying to sell us something they pretty much know they cant deliver.

 

If they want to flog us shares, or a different way of making money like debentures or something, then fine but please don't try to sell us something we already know is a bogey.  Id happily double my FOH monies for the next year, if it helped.  But I struggle with buying an 18 game season ticket when we know that wont happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
16 minutes ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

I  just cant get my head around the club trying to sell us something they pretty much know they cant deliver.

 

If they want to flog us shares, or a different way of making money like debentures or something, then fine but please don't try to sell us something we already know is a bogey.  Id happily double my FOH monies for the next year, if it helped.  But I struggle with buying an 18 game season ticket when we know that wont happen.

Over a thousand bought them. Other clubs are doing it as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing
16 minutes ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

I  just cant get my head around the club trying to sell us something they pretty much know they cant deliver.

 

If they want to flog us shares, or a different way of making money like debentures or something, then fine but please don't try to sell us something we already know is a bogey.  Id happily double my FOH monies for the next year, if it helped.  But I struggle with buying an 18 game season ticket when we know that wont happen.

Fair point. I had suggested to them a debenture of £100 to keep your seat but that is what they've come back with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Holyrood_Hearts
20 minutes ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

I  just cant get my head around the club trying to sell us something they pretty much know they cant deliver.

 

If they want to flog us shares, or a different way of making money like debentures or something, then fine but please don't try to sell us something we already know is a bogey.  Id happily double my FOH monies for the next year, if it helped.  But I struggle with buying an 18 game season ticket when we know that wont happen.

Completely agree, it’s utter madness. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing
9 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Completely agree, it’s utter madness. 
 

 

It may sway a few.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the past 5 weeks I've stayed in at weekends saving me around 5 or 6 hundred quid in the process. I bought a season ticket last week with the savings I've made. Would have bought one anyway but feel as though I'm getting it for nothing. Think what I'm saying is that I'd buy a season ticket no matter what was going on, as would many other Hearts fans it would appear, it's just what we do. The sales of season tickets could end up saving our club so why wait for something that may or may not happen? I know that it is easier for some fans to stump up and there are others with kids and who may be on furlough or similar; I'm not having a go at anyone but I think if you can afford it then just do it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
25 minutes ago, JWL said:

Over the past 5 weeks I've stayed in at weekends saving me around 5 or 6 hundred quid in the process. I bought a season ticket last week with the savings I've made. Would have bought one anyway but feel as though I'm getting it for nothing. Think what I'm saying is that I'd buy a season ticket no matter what was going on, as would many other Hearts fans it would appear, it's just what we do. The sales of season tickets could end up saving our club so why wait for something that may or may not happen? I know that it is easier for some fans to stump up and there are others with kids and who may be on furlough or similar; I'm not having a go at anyone but I think if you can afford it then just do it.

Exactly my sentiment as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Exactly my sentiment as well. 

Ditto x 8 for our group 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
2 hours ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

I  just cant get my head around the club trying to sell us something they pretty much know they cant deliver.

 

If they want to flog us shares, or a different way of making money like debentures or something, then fine but please don't try to sell us something we already know is a bogey.  Id happily double my FOH monies for the next year, if it helped.  But I struggle with buying an 18 game season ticket when we know that wont happen.

 

Because we need the money. 

 

It's right overall there isn't any realistic plan. February/March next year would be my guess just now. Scotland at present is working  towards July that is business as usual for next season. 

 

Season will have to be extended. 

Edited by Mikey1874
Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing
5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Is this splitting on the website, cant see it??

Contact the club. Lindsay was a great help. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Completely agree, it’s utter madness. 
 

 


Utter madness to financially support the club when they need it? 
 

This is extraordinary times and regardless of how angry I am currently with the team I  

will never abandon the club. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Holyrood_Hearts
37 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:


Utter madness to financially support the club when they need it? 
 

This is extraordinary times and regardless of how angry I am currently with the team I  

will never abandon the club. 
 

 

Realistically if/when the season does re-start there’s a possibility it might be behind closed doors so what happens there with ST holders? I’m 
 

I’m not saying not to support the club financially as these are extraordinary times, but at the same point they are pushing ST’s & imo we should be looking at other avenues to generate income. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado
9 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Contact the club. Lindsay was a great help. 

So are they not advertising this??

Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy
26 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

So are they not advertising this??


They need to have it as an option on the web site I agree. If it’s to be an option.

if not then I can’t see folk phoning Lindsay 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No update on numbers since announcing 1k sold - have a feeling it won’t be much due to circumstances 

Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

So are they not advertising this??

No. I suggested a debenture scheme and this is what I was offered. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing
51 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:


They need to have it as an option on the web site I agree. If it’s to be an option.

if not then I can’t see folk phoning Lindsay 

Why not, it's more affordable than paying the full amount and at least the club gets some money in. I emailed her and she was a great help. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Realistically if/when the season does re-start there’s a possibility it might be behind closed doors so what happens there with ST holders? I’m 
 

I’m not saying not to support the club financially as these are extraordinary times, but at the same point they are pushing ST’s & imo we should be looking at other avenues to generate income. 


I get that. Not sure what other options exist or could be created to generate enough income - even moving FOH contributions for 12 months would only give the club £1.5m. Whilst it’s an amazing amount it does not make up any potential shortfall.

 

Hopefully most of the dross on the playing front get emptied. That will save us a fortune.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy
50 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Why not, it's more affordable than paying the full amount and at least the club gets some money in. I emailed her and she was a great help. 


what I meant was not all will know it’s an option unless it’s on the web site. A lot of ST holders won’t read this thread or even look at JKB

Edited by 1971fozzy
Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing
10 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:


what I meant was not all will know it’s an option unless it’s on the web site. A lot of ST holders won’t read this thread or even look at JKB

Tell all your friends. If enough people ask I'm sure a statement will be issued. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
luckydug
14 hours ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

I  just cant get my head around the club trying to sell us something they pretty much know they cant deliver.

 

If they want to flog us shares, or a different way of making money like debentures or something, then fine but please don't try to sell us something we already know is a bogey.  Id happily double my FOH monies for the next year, if it helped.  But I struggle with buying an 18 game season ticket when we know that wont happen.

Hearts only put St's on sale after some fans enquired about when they were going on sale. 

Once again your complaint falls into the bracket of 'if you don't want to buy you don't have to' Other fans are quite happy to buy and indeed in view of the tough stance the club have taken with players over wage cuts more fans will likely renew. 

I look on it as a donation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
14 hours ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

I  just cant get my head around the club trying to sell us something they pretty much know they cant deliver.

 

If they want to flog us shares, or a different way of making money like debentures or something, then fine but please don't try to sell us something we already know is a bogey.  Id happily double my FOH monies for the next year, if it helped.  But I struggle with buying an 18 game season ticket when we know that wont happen.


we are no different to any other club. The alternative is no club. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
henryheart
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Hearts only put St's on sale after some fans enquired about when they were going on sale. 

Once again your complaint falls into the bracket of 'if you don't want to buy you don't have to' Other fans are quite happy to buy and indeed in view of the tough stance the club have taken with players over wage cuts more fans will likely renew. 

I look on it as a donation. 

 

Supporters donate to the club through FOH and FOH has the funding to help the club through these troubled times. The club should be working with FOH to increase donations through that source and encouraging fans to up their contributions if they can and not through this half baked season ticket campaign.

 

Hearts currently has 12,000 circa season ticket holders. The current offer, as it stands, is unlikely to be taken up by more than a half of that number. That could mean potentially 6,000 lost customers, as once people get out of the habit.....it is not unreasonable to want to know when the season will start, how many games there will be and what division we will be playing in before buying a ticket.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
17 minutes ago, henryheart said:

 

Supporters donate to the club through FOH and FOH has the funding to help the club through these troubled times. The club should be working with FOH to increase donations through that source and encouraging fans to up their contributions if they can and not through this half baked season ticket campaign.

 

Hearts currently has 12,000 circa season ticket holders. The current offer, as it stands, is unlikely to be taken up by more than a half of that number. That could mean potentially 6,000 lost customers, as once people get out of the habit.....it is not unreasonable to want to know when the season will start, how many games there will be and what division we will be playing in before buying a ticket.

 

 

I don’t see how selling them now loses supporters in itself. The ones likely to be lost are a proportion of those who don’t buy them now and then ultimately decide not to buy once the information you want is available.  You would imagine those that have already bought are the most likely to go back. 
 

Other teams have them on sale and, while they have a better idea of what league they  will be in, they don’t know when the season starts or the number of games. No idea if they are having a similar debate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anybody shed any light on a query I have. Assuming no football's played this year and you buy a season ticket, apart from the club getting money from you will the season ticket be valid for the following season? Apologies if this has been asked before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Tell all your friends. If enough people ask I'm sure a statement will be issued. 

 

I've emailed them too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing
7 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I've emailed them too.

If one person contacts three who contact three. Where have I heard that....Oh wait. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
16 minutes ago, almair said:

Can anybody shed any light on a query I have. Assuming no football's played this year and you buy a season ticket, apart from the club getting money from you will the season ticket be valid for the following season? Apologies if this has been asked before.

You are effectively buying a ticket for the next season, whenever that starts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
23 minutes ago, almair said:

Can anybody shed any light on a query I have. Assuming no football's played this year and you buy a season ticket, apart from the club getting money from you will the season ticket be valid for the following season? Apologies if this has been asked before.

 

Doubt it.

 

You're buying a ticket for 2020/2021 season or whatever there is of it.

 

Those of us who have tickets for 19/20 arent getting the first few games of this season carried over as it were.

Edited by been here before
Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

 

Doubt it.

 

You're buying a ticket for 2020/2021 season or whatever there is of it.

 

Those of us who have tickets for 19/20 arent getting the first few games of this season carried over as it were.

I think It’s a bit different from cancelling a whole season. There may well be issues around numbers of games played etc which could trigger refunds should people want them. As our 2919/20 season hasn’t actually been called yet It will be interesting to see what happens when it does. Some people will undoubtedly want some money back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy
2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Tell all your friends. If enough people ask I'm sure a statement will be issued. 

 

Wasn’t having a go mate. Appreciate the info and will pass on. Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think It’s a bit different from cancelling a whole season. There may well be issues around numbers of games played etc which could trigger refunds should people want them. As our 2919/20 season hasn’t actually been called yet It will be interesting to see what happens when it does. Some people will undoubtedly want some money back. 

 

If you shell out for a season ticket for next yrar in the full knowledge and understanding that the season might not even take place then you cant really start looking for a refund should there be no games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think It’s a bit different from cancelling a whole season. There may well be issues around numbers of games played etc which could trigger refunds should people want them. As our 2919/20 season hasn’t actually been called yet It will be interesting to see what happens when it does. Some people will undoubtedly want some money back. 


‘Firstly, for current season ticket holders, we are implementing a 10% reduction across the board, on all season ticket prices.  This will hopefully go some way to compensating for losing the last 3 games of this season, while also allowing for the possibility of relegation.’

 


 

 

looks like the club are hoping the 10% reduction is enough to appease people for losing the last few games coupled with now playing in a lower division. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado
29 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

If one person contacts three who contact three. Where have I heard that....Oh wait. 

I wore my facemask!

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

 

If you shell out for a season ticket for next yrar in the full knowledge and understanding that the season might not even take place then you cant really start looking for a refund should there be no games.

That all depends on the season ticket terms and conditions I imagine. If there is no 20/21 season at all then that’s an interesting conundrum for every club still existing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Shanks said:


‘Firstly, for current season ticket holders, we are implementing a 10% reduction across the board, on all season ticket prices.  This will hopefully go some way to compensating for losing the last 3 games of this season, while also allowing for the possibility of relegation.’

 


 

 

looks like the club are hoping the 10% reduction is enough to appease people for losing the last few games coupled with now playing in a lower division. 

I agree. However, I’m sure some will want, and really need due to circumstances, a refund, if at all possible. Again, the terms and conditions will have a big say in that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
9 minutes ago, Shanks said:


‘Firstly, for current season ticket holders, we are implementing a 10% reduction across the board, on all season ticket prices.  This will hopefully go some way to compensating for losing the last 3 games of this season, while also allowing for the possibility of relegation.’

 


 

 

looks like the club are hoping the 10% reduction is enough to appease people for losing the last few games coupled with now playing in a lower division. 

 

The 10% discount is shite but at least its something.

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
13 minutes ago, been here before said:

 

The 10% discount is shite but at least its something.

People should pay by credit card if they want additional security under the cca. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Realistically if/when the season does re-start there’s a possibility it might be behind closed doors so what happens there with ST holders? I’m 
 

I’m not saying not to support the club financially as these are extraordinary times, but at the same point they are pushing ST’s & imo we should be looking at other avenues to generate income. 

So what would you suggest?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Heartsofgold

I will be renewing 5 tickets in the main stand but on the last possible day.   £1500 is a lot to shell out on tickets that might not be used till next year if at all.  Hopefully we will know more by then or at least have a clearer picture on what the Governments ongoing response is likely to be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing
55 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Wasn’t having a go mate. Appreciate the info and will pass on. Cheers

You're welcome. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
45 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That all depends on the season ticket terms and conditions I imagine. If there is no 20/21 season at all then that’s an interesting conundrum for every club still existing. 

 

From the T&Cs...

 

"Season Tickets are non-refundable after they have been purchased regardless of how many matches have been played in a season.".

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Goodfella
17 hours ago, JWL said:

Over the past 5 weeks I've stayed in at weekends saving me around 5 or 6 hundred quid in the process. I bought a season ticket last week with the savings I've made. Would have bought one anyway but feel as though I'm getting it for nothing. Think what I'm saying is that I'd buy a season ticket no matter what was going on, as would many other Hearts fans it would appear, it's just what we do. The sales of season tickets could end up saving our club so why wait for something that may or may not happen? I know that it is easier for some fans to stump up and there are others with kids and who may be on furlough or similar; I'm not having a go at anyone but I think if you can afford it then just do it.

 

This post is spot on for me. And like you said, fans with kids etc no one is expecting them to stump up when the most important thing is family. But for me I'm aware my season ticket may end up being more of a donation, which is frustrating at the same time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
17 minutes ago, been here before said:

 

From the T&Cs...

 

"Season Tickets are non-refundable after they have been purchased regardless of how many matches have been played in a season.".

 

 

Well done, I looked but couldn’t find them.  Is that a new clause for this season or has it always been there?
 

 I can see clubs trying to use that for a handful of games being lost, as per a shortened season or reconstruction but I can’t see it being much of a defence if no games are played
 

Not sure how that sits ( particularly if no games are played ) under consumer rights re purchasing a product or service and also section 75 of the cca where you’ve purchased under a credit card. 

 

However if the no game scenario transpires I would imagine most, if not all, clubs will go into administration whch changes the situation radically. paying by credit card should cover you there as well. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...