What Clubs are in danger of Admin/liquidation?

Gambo

What clubs do we think are teetering on the edge of Admin/Liquidation the longer this goes on?

Who is in most danger (all 4 leagues)?

I keep hearing clubs will go bust, so who are the likely candidates?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David McCaig

• Bazzas right boot

• Last Laff

• GinRummy

Howdy Doody Jambo

It won't be Dundee or St Mirren as their parent club Glasgow Celtic will bail them oot 

Lone Striker

I'd imagine anyone (apart from Celtic) who doesn't have a wealthy owner who is willing to donate or loan a large amount of money.   Which raises a question for us - FoH have repaid Budge, but can only fund Hearts to the tune of 100k per month while there's no income.  Since FoH seem to want to keep Budge as Chairman & CEO  (a decision which needs to be explained to the fans I think), then she is probably the closest we have to a "wealthy owner" who we could ask to give us another big loan.

Whether FoH have the balls to ask her.... and whether she would be willing ... are anyone's guess.  

ICT were, apparently, in trouble before Covid. If so, they could have problems further down the line. 

Hope not, though. Not just because of Gardiner, Robbo and their recent stance but they serve Inverness and the Highlands very well. They were admitted to the Scottish League in 1994 to make up the numbers, as it were, but that's never been their intention. They've always been eager to progress, full of ambition and their Cup win and frequent top flight status has been their reward. 

Same goes for Ross County, too. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

I think the vast majority of clubs will struggle ! The one positive is it's only another couple of months for players out of contract who'll just leave and be on the dole 

6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I think the vast majority of clubs will struggle ! The one positive is it's only another couple of months for players out of contract who'll just leave and be on the dole 

Sooner if they don't accept the wage reduction :thumbsup:

Hibs. 

Outrageous this thread has got this far without they b@5/@£()5 being mentioned. 

Diadora Van Basten

I will be annoyed if we get relegated then another team go into admin before the end of the normal season.

Mid Calder Jambo
51 minutes ago, Still Tynie said:

It won't be Dundee, Hibs or St Mirren as their parent club Glasgow Celtic will bail them oot 

FTFY

Blackshades

I would think clubs like stJohnstone will be most at risk, premier wages and no old firm games to come in the foreseeable future could leave them struggling. small community clubs like Arbroath ,forfar, brechin  etc should be ok small crowds and locals will see them ok

1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I will be annoyed if we get relegated then another team go into admin before the end of the normal season.

If we go down and any top league clubs go bust before the start of next season then surely we'd replace them....!

Or has Dundee already filled that spot thanks to their Celtic pals....?

kingantti1874

In all honesty with FOH contributing now around £140k per month tax free we are better placed than most.. Most fans will also buy a ST to help.. but we need to be hard with the cost cutting especially if we go down.. 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

In all honesty with FOH contributing now around £140k per month tax free we are better placed than most.. Most fans will also buy a ST to help.. but we need to be hard with the cost cutting especially if we go down.. 

AB is either playing decent poker with the players or maybe that’s not the case.  It would depend on what the wage bill is pm. 

Diadora Van Basten
18 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

AB is either playing decent poker with the players or maybe that’s not the case.  It would depend on what the wage bill is pm. 

I think she should just use the clause to get rid of the players who are poor value for money.

She seems to be very soft in making difficult decisions.

1 hour ago, martoon said:

ICT were, apparently, in trouble before Covid. If so, they could have problems further down the line. 

Hope not, though. Not just because of Gardiner, Robbo and their recent stance but they serve Inverness and the Highlands very well. They were admitted to the Scottish League in 1994 to make up the numbers, as it were, but that's never been their intention. They've always been eager to progress, full of ambition and their Cup win and frequent top flight status has been their reward. 

Same goes for Ross County, too. 

Interested to know in what way do ICT "serve" Inverness ? In my experience they do nothing for Inverness or the Highlands unless it is financially beneficial to them.

gashauskis9

Simple answer - All of them.  They're all in the business of selling match tickets, merchandise, and corporate hospitality.  When you restrict or close those revenue avenues, then you become wholly dependent on TV and sponsorship, which won't come if there's no coverage of your product and their product.  Celtic might have a shitload in the bank, but it's all relative.  The harder they come, the harder they fall.  Every club that goes to the wall restarts the domino effect.  Eventually Celtic will feel the pressure when they've got nobody to play in an empty stadium.  

I suppose your guess could be who is most reliant on OF gates to subsidise their spending 

St Johnstone and Killie would be my top guesses. Suspect Hamilton and Midden too. 

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Guaranteed we will see this as soon as we are formally demoted.  To be fair, we can't complain.  We did the same in 2012/13 to avoid the immediate points deduction which would have seen us down a year earlier.  Teams won't give a shit about starting a phantom season on -15 if half the league is in the same boat (they can't all get relegated).  They're more bothered about having another year of top flight income and games against the bigot twins.

17 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I think she should just use the clause to get rid of the players who are poor value for money.

I would as well if they aren’t even agreeing to wage cuts.  It’s a perfect opportunity to get them to bolt. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Anyone already in a bit of a tight financial situation, with debt, larger expenses, etc. Plus anyone who sticks their fingers in their ears and tries to keep paying their squad because they believe we'll have football in 2020. Bonus points for clubs with foreign owners who might need to get rid.

So in the Premiership that would be D Utd, Rangers, Killie, Hibs, and St J (in that order of precariousness for me). In the Championship, Dundee and Caley.

The smaller clubs ironically should be OK as they can take advantage of the gov scheme and just shut up shop. We should be OK as we have FoH and have the excuse of relegation to cut our cloth and release most players. 

When Celtic with their millions in the bank are talking about cuts, it's clearly club could be affected, but it will be the ones with the largest wage bills and debts etc who will be most at danger - unless they do what Budge did and accept the seriousness of the situation early and act accordingly. She looks like the Sth Korea or New Zealand of Scottish football right now. Hibs, Aberdeen, etc are the Sweden and UK.

Edited by ToqueJambo

8 minutes ago, OTT said:

I suppose your guess could be who is most reliant on OF gates to subsidise their spending 

St Johnstone and Killie would be my top guesses. Suspect Hamilton and Midden too. 

Would any of them budgeted for another old firm visit after the split? 

adambraejambo

Administration is ok if you got someone who wants to buy you and clear the football debt. Just now anyone willing to buy a Scottish club needs sectioned. No start date. No income. I'd say half the clubs that go into admin will be liquidated.  

Paint the town maroon

We have FOH which is vital now but our cost base is really high. If AB doesn’t agree the cuts or stops paying then I think may have some short term cash flow issues. We don’t have debt so wouldn’t expect anything more.

3 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Hibs

If it happened I would be having wet dreams on a nightly basis.

Gordon Ramsay
1 minute ago, superjack said:

If it happened I would be having wet dreams on a nightly basis.

Well according to them we are going bust as we have asked our players to take a cut rather than deferral 😂

Skivingatwork

I thought we couldn’t declare the season finished as sevco are still in the europa league, or is there a separation between domestic and European competitions? 

Can you imagine the ‘statement’ if they got punted out of Europe as UEFA say that clubs voted to end the season in Scotland...

If I was to take a guess at who are potentially at a greater risk than others, I would guess Rangers, Aberdeen and Hearts. 

Three clubs who have all likely been over stretching themselves wages wise over the past couple of years.   

45 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Not sure I agree with this.

While other clubs ***** about with deferrals, she has basically told our players: "Take the wage cut or get nowt."

Budge might not always make the correct decisions, but her actions here suggest that she's not scared to make difficult ones.

I would say killie, were they not always bailed out by their hotel?

if that’s still the case obviously there’s no money coming in on that side of things for them either.

18 minutes ago, S Form said:

While other clubs ***** about with deferrals, she has basically told our players: "Take the wage cut or get nowt."

Budge might not always make the correct decisions, but her actions here suggest that she's not scared to make difficult ones.

Where is she with the negotiations on this. Has Fraser Wishart and his players agreed to a deal? If so I have missed this and would appreciate an update.

As far as I knew the players were still to get full pay until the end of April which is still six days away.

27 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

I thought we couldn’t declare the season finished as sevco are still in the europa league, or is there a separation between domestic and European competitions? 

Can you imagine the ‘statement’ if they got punted out of Europe as UEFA say that clubs voted to end the season in Scotland...

I thought this also. However whenever I mention this on other platforms I'm called out for it 

Diadora Van Basten
25 minutes ago, S Form said:

In the past couple of seasons we have seen players such as Martins and Oshaniwa sitting out there contracts. This is an opportunity to get players such as Damour of the payroll.

Bazzas right boot

Depends on the timescales. 

Every club, even celtic will need help if there are not fans at football until after the year. 

Teams around Europe will be the same, the amount players earn is ridiculous and with reduced income the games up the pole. 

You'd think if the shit hit the fan, clubs with wealthy owners might be ok as they will keep them ticking over. 

Aberdeen, hibs, celtic, Utd, Dundee, Ross county and us all have owners with the means if not motivation to put in thier own money. 

That is, however also dependent on the owners other interests surviving, if they don't the owners could be in trouble, which may effect the clubs. 

We're probably in a bad position, with a big wage bill (relative) and with big crowds (relative) we are at the shitty end of the stick. 

Clubs like Livingston and Hamilton can't be relying on crowd revenue as much as the like of us, hibs, Aberdeen and rangers for money and cash flow, still hurt them but TV money and reward payouts will make up a bigger % of their overall revenue than ours.

Ironically, big crowds in this case and the expected revenue from them will be a negative. 

We'll also miss out on the sc money from the sf. 

We have no bad debt tho, other clubs will. 

Short answer, **** knows tbh but as other businesses are toiling, sponsorship, TV money will all hurt clubs, even the biggest and although we are not effected by that as much, no criowds at games will devestate revenue. 

If there's no crowds at football until after the year, every club in Scotland without help of a wealthy owner or the government are seriously at risk. 

Also, If TV money and sponsorship shrink, the elite table of football will be turned upside down. 

Spurs just spent £500m on a stadium 🤔

Naymar at psg is on £650k a week!

This could be the prick that bursts the bubble 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Hibs’ future will depend upon how willing their supporters are to 🐴⬆️ to Ron. 😊🍿

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Short answer, **** knows

Should have just posted that instead. ^^

We are in serious trouble. That’s all I care about at the moment. If we get out this okay I’ll piss my pants laughing at everyone else but let’s get through this safely first. 

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Surely not Hibs?

How will the NHS ever cope 

If they did ,we could all get t-shirts with Thank you Hibs..on it 🤣

baxterd1974
45 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Where is she with the negotiations on this. Has Fraser Wishart and his players agreed to a deal? If so I have missed this and would appreciate an update.

As far as I knew the players were still to get full pay until the end of April which is still six days away.

Statement today, accept between 10 and 30% cut or contract suspended.

16 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Hibs’ future will depend upon how willing their supporters are to 🐴⬆️ to Ron. 😊🍿

Ron will be seriously thinking about jumping on his pony and getting out of Lochend.

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Should have just posted that instead. ^^

Should I have , aye?