What Happened To Music?

Lovecraft

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

This cover of Nirvana's About a Girl is truly horrendous (check the comments on YouTube for a laugh):

the comment about him being cartman is spot on

On 16/04/2020 at 22:30, Der Kaiser said:

Song writing died earlier in 2000........

I'm sure we(JKB) had an argument with one member who couldn't hear the lyrics properly.  :rofl: Wouldn't believe  he chilled on Sunday.

Edited by ri Alban

Governor Tarkin
On 16/04/2020 at 09:28, Cade said:

There is still plenty of great new music being produced.

Music has never been more accessible thanks to the internet and artists no longer need to be signed to a record label to release their product to market.

Chart music only tracks the whims of 12 year old girls, ignore it.

Correct, mostly. 

Some chart music is really, really, good.

Only some, though.

crunchy frog

I happen to think the SM are tremendous. This is an early one. And anything that gets up  Noel ****ing Gallaghers nose gets my vote.

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'm sure we(JKB) had an argument with one member who couldn't hear the lyrics properly.  :rofl: Wouldn't believe  he chilled on Sunday.

tRJO4uZ.gif.2eba6090a6fa774c4bded755d94cf94f.gif

Just now, ri Alban said:

Was it you, DK? :D

giphy.gif.df886473c33dcaf20bd43ff615cfcf5d.gif

........I'm not losing more days of my life trying to prove I'm right.......I know I'm right.....everyone else is wrong......that makes me sound crazy but.....you know what.....I'm not discussing it today.....nope....not happening.....

2 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

giphy.gif.df886473c33dcaf20bd43ff615cfcf5d.gif

........I'm not losing more days of my life trying to prove I'm right.......I know I'm right.....everyone else is wrong......that makes me sound crazy but.....you know what.....I'm not discussing it today.....nope....not happening.....

:rofl:

What til the morra, when you're chilled. 👍

6 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

I happen to think the SM are tremendous. This is an early one. And anything that gets up  Noel ****ing Gallaghers nose gets my vote.

same here.:thumbsup:

great live as well

On 17/04/2020 at 22:39, Space Pirate said:

One of the first riffs i learned on the guitar, 

Can barely remember how to play it now. 

Forgot how good that song/album was in its day.

Cheers for the reminder 👍

Chart stuff is generally abysmal these days and has been for a long long time. Some of the top artists manage to master a catchy pop tune but these are few and far between. Can't say I'm too offended by Rhianna for example. Sia too. I'd say the standard of female artists is far higher than their male equivalent. 

Cant get enough of Doja Cat - Say So at the minute. Think that's possibly the only decent one (imo) out there atm. 

Edited by Homme

On 16/04/2020 at 01:15, Lovecraft said:

Yeah, I'm getting old.  I understand that.

But what happened to music?

You cant tell me this is now considered to be amongst real songs........

How stoned are people?

Theres more good music around than there ever has been. We're living through a golden age of film, tv and music with more media available than you could ever possibly digest and its wonderful. We no longer have to rely on shitty studios/labels etc as anybody can get their stuff out now.

The flip side of that is the shit like you've posted above - attention seeking talent-less whores with fat arses who cant rap do find it easier to get famous - but theyre easily avoided. Theres always been shit stuff in the charts as by and large the general population are thick and follow the herd. This is proof. 

Samuel Camazzola
On 16/04/2020 at 22:30, Der Kaiser said:

Song writing died earlier in 2000........

The irritation regarding the video for this song is at the beginning when CD sits in the barber's chair with his hat ON and then expects said barber to remove it for him. 😡