Would you go back?

hughesie27

Relegation  

570 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do if we are relegated by a vote?

• Continue as normal/Buy a ST next year.
    • Make a decision based on Hearts response/challenge
    • Will not buy a ST next year.
    • Will walk away from Scottish football indefinitely
    • Will cancel FOH sub
    • Will maintain FOH sub
    • Never attend another away game

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

If they vote to demote us .......

Def keep FOH subs 

Prob won't get a season ticket ,1st time for years . Would be that pissed off with Scottish Football. . 

If  I ever came back to Scottish Football, never attend an away game again , inc Easter Road . Ciup ties only as we get half the gate . 

Caveat is if we fought the decision tooth and nail and tried to delay the start of the new season there a chance I might get a season ticket . 

Pretty much where I am. If I feel Budge has made an honest attempt at challenging this I'd consider a ST.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hughesie27

• Nookie Bear

• kingantti1874

• Pasquale for King

Forza Cuore

Continue FOH, Buy our 3 season tickets.

I would choose which away matches I fancy as and when it suits me (pretty much same as now) If there are no other teams we have no league or cup for our team to play in.

upgotheheads

Was I able to vote twice? I voted that I would buy a season ticket but will also maintain my FOH membership.

Edited by upgotheheads

Fight it all the way, nothing changes for me apart from not going to away games (apart from those who vote against). Roll over and have our belly rubbed like some ‘fans’ on here want and multiple STs/FoH subs cancelled. However I’m confident that won’t be necessary. 

David McCaig
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

I'm not sure.

My initial thoughts are I'd be done with Scottish football. I'd also be quite happy to withdraw from the Scottish Cup, even if it means Hibs going to the final.

It just seems what's the ****ing point...it's quite clear they just want Celtic winning everything, every season. 

But no doubt I'll change my mind. :)

My initial thoughts as well, but I’ll definitely be renewing my STs, as other have said why punish Hearts and I guess i would eventually cave and go to away games.

Watching Hearts home and away is a huge part of my life and even although this season has brought negligible enjoyment, other than the euphoric highs of the Rangers and Hibs matches, not attending would probably be a case of cutting my nose off to spite my face.

2 hours ago, Locky said:

I would never walk away from my club, but yes, I think any faith in the Scottish football authorities that I have (and believe me, it's not much) would be completely diminished and beyond repair. 

Agreed , could not have been said any better.

Hearts, Hibs, Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen fund the other clubs seasons. 

Should make any vote to send us clear that we would seriously consider our ticket uptake in future fixtures. 

If rangers backed us on that it would certainly throw a cat in with the pigeons. 

12 minutes back into our first game and no one will be moaning about being relegated unfairly or what ever happens, we will have moved on and be back to moaning about the woman’s team, the pitch, Levein, Budge, korma shed, the glass facade, the mosaic floor, the corners being filled in, the young team and Mikey Stewart. 

I’ll be back regardless of what happens. I’d support hearts in the Vida league. 

Hans von Luck
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm already sick to the back teeth of the game up here. The bias shown to two teams in Glasgow, the appallingly low standard of refereeing, the chronic football (not just by us), the parochial mentality shown by those who supposedly run the game and by clubs and supporters the shameful overpricing of the game. I'm on the verge of being done with it after 50+ years of attending games and if we are voted down then, regardless of the clubs reaction, I'd be done with it.

Spot on Sir, nearly had enough already after 39 years as ST holder, corrupt to the core.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If we didn't take such a decision to a court and get an injunction, I'd throw in the towel. No more FoH, no more Hearts,tv, no more merch etc. Cluh throws in the towel and I'll do likewise.

2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Depends on what HMFC do. If we just accept a shafting, I’ll stop my FoH subs. 

Would never stop my FOH subs. I’ve also just upped mine. It’s the other clubs that are shafting us and not our own. We stand alone together. FTSPFL! 

4 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Would never stop my FOH subs. I’ve also just upped mine. It’s the other clubs that are shafting us and not our own. We stand alone together. FTSPFL! 

I upped mine to 51 a few days ago after being on 30 for quite a while. I have never even considered stopping them, and I’ve been paying from the very start. If Hearts don’t fight demotion I probably will though.

Celtic can have their tainted title and the wee mickey mouse clubs can save their skins but, frankly, none of this matters in the grand scheme of things. I was born into a Hearts family and have supported them since I was old enough to get lifted over the turnstiles (one for the oldies) - that won't ever change.

PS - if you're thinking of turning your back on our great club, tune into 'A war of two halves' at the weekend (see other thread)

I'll take the other titles if leagues are called after 30 games. 

Not sure about 1965. Certainly 1915 and 1986. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Celtic can have their tainted title and the wee mickey mouse clubs can save their skins but, frankly, none of this matters in the grand scheme of things. I was born into a Hearts family and have supported them since I was old enough to get lifted over the turnstiles (one for the oldies) - that won't ever change.

PS - if you're thinking of turning your back on our great club, tune into 'A war of two halves' at the weekend (see other thread)

A war of two halves doesn't involve our club meekly surrendering. That is what cannot happen.

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

A war of two halves doesn't involve our club meekly surrendering. That is what cannot happen.

Well said Geoff!!

Hard to think the arrogant person that caused us to be in this position is sitting  not caring two hoots and still being paid a wage

one horrible individual.

The Internet

Barely care tbh. Going to be ****ing ages until we're sitting in tynecastle watching football again. 

Either way, I'm not sure what the correct outcome of this is. Promoting and relegating teams seems wrong, season should probably just be voided but whatever, if it happens it happens. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Wouldn't set foot in another ground. Unfortunately plenty will,  that is of course a free choice.

Maybe I've just seen enough 

I'd buy a season ticket, continue FoH subs but fk everyone that voted this through.

Siege mentality, but as this thread shows, too many willing to roll over and accept.

Edited by Gambo

been here before

Im a bit confused here.

All Ive read on here from a seemingly never ending line of JKB Experts On Everything is that we've been relegated for the last 6 months. Absolutely, definitaly happening as we're shite and ****ed, no way out.

Also that they wouldnt be back and all the usual bollocks.

Surely if this goes ahead then it just hurries things along and means the whinging dicks were right all the time.

Youd think the hypocritical wanks would be pleased.

31 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I upped mine to 51 a few days ago after being on 30 for quite a while. I have never even considered stopping them, and I’ve been paying from the very start. If Hearts don’t fight demotion I probably will though.

I think that’s a given SOD. But regardless, the fans are the life body and soul of the club and we need to show solidarity. We need everyone together. 

If we go down then so be it. We’ll only come back stronger. Never lose the faith no matter how hard it gets. This is what makes us better than all the rest. I don’t care for their politics. We are jambos and we stick together regardless! 

25 minutes ago, Musemic said:

You’re not alone. I remember being lifted over them back in the 70’s for my first ever game. Then one day I was about 11 stone and 11 years old and my mates dad couldn’t lift me over.  The steward said, you’ll have to pay for the fat kid (big lad or whatever was said) 60p it was for the boys gate back then. Imo we have the greatest club on the planet with the greatest fans in the planet. **** the rest of them! 

I’d buy my ST

Stop going to all away league games 100%

Continue my FOH subs is a given

Scottish Cup away games Hmmmm

Edited by 1971fozzy

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

You missed the “refuse to put another penny into any other Scottish club” option. 

I think this is a pretty good alternative. No travelling fans is a decent protest and doesn't affect our own income. St Midden Hamilton M'well etc. can al, f.ck off.....,

13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Wouldn't set foot in another ground. Unfortunately plenty will,  that is of course a free choice.

Maybe I've just seen enough 

agree 100%
as you say some will still go but I’d love it if nobody went. Hit these clubs were it hurts. Should never fund clubs that vote this shite through

kettering jam tart

Buy a ST

Up the FOH pledge

Only attend away games to clubs who don’t vote to send us down.

scottish and league cup attend due to Hearts getting half 

Wouldn’t change anything for me for Hearts. Go to every home (and about every 2nd away game). 

I don’t feel bitter towards other clubs for looking after themselves, that’s life, especially the Championship clubs.

Scotland team/SFA though can take a flying jump. Take my son to all home games and one trip away a year.  Israel Play off ticket will be posted back to SFA in 2 pieces and will be told to ram it, as will European Champs tix to UEFA.  Will donate Scotland game savings to up my FoH subscription. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, alfamonkey said:

Wouldn’t change anything for me for Hearts. Go to every home (and about every 2nd away game). 

I don’t feel bitter towards other clubs for looking after themselves, that’s life, especially the Championship clubs.

Scotland team/SFA though can take a flying jump. Take my son to all home games and one trip away a year.  Israel Play off ticket will be posted back to SFA in 2 pieces and will be told to ram it, as will European Champs tix to UEFA.  Will donate Scotland game savings to up my FoH subscription. 

You are missing a key factor, if rangers or Celtic were in our position this wouldn’t even be on the table.. 

If aberdeen or hibs we’re top of the league this wouldn’t be on the table

the league would be cancelled and reconstructed.

they are ****ing us over, even changing the voting structure for one game.

**** them all

3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

The poll speaks for itself but apologies if I've not included an option that suits you.

It is primarily directed at ST holders.

It is multiple choice for those also FOH donators.

For me this vote is a complete joke. Hearts aside a team in Partick Thistle's position should never be relegated and face the financial result of that because the team above them were lucky and made the cut having played an extra game over them. It is fundamentally wrong to do this.

If the Premiership table were this close at the top 2 then there is absolutely 0 chance that whoever was top would be handed the title.

The vote offers nothing in sporting integrity and everything in self preservation. Teams are going to vote in whatever way benefits them the most. In a years time in a different league position a team like St Mirren or Hamilton may well vote against the proposals. Alternatively, had Partick got to play their game in hand and won I'd expect them to vote different as they will now. That is not a fair system. That is everyman for themselves.

It just so happens that most teams won't get promoted or be relegated so those "safe" teams will vote in support of a quick resolution and teams like Partick and ourselves just need to bend over and accept it.  

The important question though is for the 2,500 or so who regularly attend away games. How many of them will continue to give other clubs money if we are relegated. I’m one of them and I wouldn’t give a penny to any club that voted for the motion and would probably increase my FoH monthly amount accordingly. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The important question though is for the 2,500 or so who regularly attend away games. How many of them will continue to give other clubs money if we are relegated. I’m one of them and I wouldn’t give a penny to any club that voted for the motion and would probably increase my FoH monthly amount accordingly. 

same here. Money saved by not going away straight to FOH if they get the app up and running it’ll be a sinch to donate one off

Will I buy a season ticket next year? How Hearts treat current season ticket holders will be very important. We have been taken for granted and charged stupid money this season with not a hint of shame from those in charge or on the pitch. There appears to be the expectation that we will pay whatever is asked, be it for match tickets, hospitality or in the club shop because "we are all in it together". This approach makes us the most expensive average team in Scotland to support. I've never been convinced that those currently in charge really understand the financial reality of the world in which the vast majority of the support lives. Lifestyles will not be as they were before this world crisis. A sensible business will recognise the limited money that will be out there and the hit that current customers have taken for services not rendered. If season tickets do not come down in price to take account of what we have missed out on and the new financial reality, then frankly they can get stuffed. 

Didn’t read op so didn’t realise it was multiple choice. Add another to the keep up the FOH subs. 

35 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

same here. Money saved by not going away straight to FOH if they get the app up and running it’ll be a sinch to donate one off

👍

Ex member of the SaS

Notice the BBC web page has gone back to the St Mirren result! They really do like to rub it in.

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think I saw part of a statement indicating that the SFA will agree to Aberdeen being given the place in Europe for finishing fourth, I don’t think they’re going to play the semis and final.

no point now they can't have an old biggot final just give selleck  it they've won the last 3 (granted with the refs help on each occasion)

If they relegate us I’ll still buy a season ticket for me and my sons. Still go to away games. It’ll be easier to get tickets for Arbroath or Alloa if everyone else is boycotting. Is it fair to finish league on current standings, no but wtf can they do? Don’t give a toss about Celtic getting trophy, they would’ve won it anyway. We’ve been terrible for too long and deserve to be bottom. Last game we attended was at St Mirren and there was nothing to show me we would turn things around. If we were sitting anywhere between 3rd and 8th I wouldn’t think twice about them stopping season and relegating St Mirren or Hamilton or whoever. Would be like they’re bottom so deserve to go down.
Much bigger things happening at the moment than what league we’ll be playing in whenever next season starts. I’ve lost a family friend I’ve known my whole life, wife’s lost an aunty, couldn’t pay our respects for either. A season in the championship, a drop in revenue for the club. Really not that big a deal in perspective 

Paisley Jambo
5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

You missed the “refuse to put another penny into any other Scottish club” option. 

I’ll look at how they vote.

I’d put money in to clubs who do t vote to shaft us.

Rangers preventing us from an SPFL shafting at present. This is the truth whether we like it or not.

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

no point now they can't have an old biggot final just give selleck  it they've won the last 3 (granted with the refs help on each occasion)

Exactly, they’re setting a precedent with the league. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Paisley Jambo said:

I’ll look at how they vote.

I’d put money in to clubs who do t vote to shaft us.

Rangers preventing us from an SPFL shafting at present. This is the truth whether we like it or not.

Definitely, play friendlies and loan them players.

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Notice the BBC web page has gone back to the St Mirren result! They really do like to rub it in.

It’s been like that since it happened, it used to say our Friday night game up in Aberdeen was the next fixture.

4 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

This. Definitely clubs which vote against us, anyway. I voted to wait and see what Hearts say, though.

Openly boycott clubs who vote against us . Be very public about it .

If we deprive Hamilton/St Mirren of (help me here) of close on £100k in a season it will affect them 

20 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Openly boycott clubs who vote against us . Be very public about it .

If we deprive Hamilton/St Mirren of (help me here) of close on £100k in a season it will affect them 

How can we boycott clubs who wouldn’t be in the same league?

3 minutes ago, charlatans said:

How can we boycott clubs who wouldn’t be in the same league?

They will be in a years time .

I'm not talking about a 5 minute protest . 

The club can't do this but the fans can 

5 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I will buy my ST for next season, whenever it starts, and I'll also continue to travel to all games away from home, even if we are down one division.

Does that mean I'd be happy if we were relegated without the season being completed properly, of course not. It is more a reflection of how I choose to spend my weekends, which is watching football, specifically HMFC, with friends.

A question for the self proclaimed best hearts fan on Jkb/the planet - I’d be interested to know what you done pre 1986 when you didn’t even follow, let alone support HMFC?

5 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I will buy my ST for next season, whenever it starts, and I'll also continue to travel to all games away from home, even if we are down one division.

Does that mean I'd be happy if we were relegated without the season being completed properly, of course not. It is more a reflection of how I choose to spend my weekends, which is watching football, specifically HMFC, with friends.

I respect your opinion but you would be helping Hearts a lot more if you just donated the ticket money for away games to FOH.

If this charade goes through then I think you will be a bit lonely on the Terraces of Stark Park and Palmerston etc.

Hearts will need your money more.

In fact the club shouldn't even take any away tickets to sell imo.

Continue as normal because supporting your club isn’t just about the good times. I understand and share the frustration that the scenario would cause but I’ll be backing the club regardless of what division they are in. 

Paisley Jambo
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, play friendlies and loan them players.

Exactly.

We need to remember clubs who didn’t want to shaft us, especially further down the leagues, when loaning or playing friendlies.

Paisley Jambo
20 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I respect your opinion but you would be helping Hearts a lot more if you just donated the ticket money for away games to FOH.

If this charade goes through then I think you will be a bit lonely on the Terraces of Stark Park and Palmerston etc.

Hearts will need your money more.

In fact the club shouldn't even take any away tickets to sell imo.

Yip.

Killie, Motherwell, Hamilton, Livingston and St Mirren etc won’t be seeing another penny of my money.

Will donate to FoH and support my local junior club who are joining the pyramid instead.

Famous 1874

I’ll be home and away again but we need major changes regardless on what division we are in. 

Budge, Levein, MacPhee, Murray etc all out. Start again.