Bands you hate.

Greedy Jambo

Perth to Paisley
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Aye ok, Mr Morrissey....nothing personal but yer a boring fart.

"This" Charming Man

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Dawnrazor

• Greedy Jambo

• Unknown user

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

"This" Charming Man

Great tune. Johnny Marr is a legend.

Greedy Jambo

I don't mind a bit of Morrissey. 

Girlfriend in a coma, i know it's really serious. 

Some people will just get offended by that straight away lol. 

Greedy Jambo

And nobody can argue with this one these days, nae turn tables, standing there pressing buttons and doing ****all

7 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

And nobody can argue with this one these days, nae turn tables, standing there pressing buttons and doing ****all

You could find about 30 of their songs that fit the lockdown music threads.

I posted a couple on one of them including:

• Still Ill
  • Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

The Killers they can f##k off with Mr Brightside 

Oasis,massively overrated

Coldplay, I liked the first 2 albums but then they disappeared inside the vortex of Chris Martin's anus

Ed Sheeran how did he ever get so big? It's pure beige 

All boy band/girl band pop by numbers 

8 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

I don't mind a bit of Morrissey. 

Girlfriend in a coma, i know it's really serious. 

Some people will just get offended by that straight away lol. 

Great band the Smiths. Some truly excellent songs.

i would have to go for Real around the fountain.

Johnny Marr on guitar, awesome. 

On 05/04/2020 at 18:01, inspector said:

10 cc, Oasis and any rap music

Eh! 10cc, The Wall Street Shuffle is as topical taday (maybe more so) as it was way back in 1974. You need your ears skooshed.:thumbsup:

20 hours ago, tian447 said:

When we were allowed to be out and about, if anything by Bastille ever came on when I was in the car, I had to fight the temptation to plough into something head-on at 70mph, just to end it all.

Absolutely whining shite.

well if you close your eyes...

:peepwall:

also in regards to coldplay it was on i think the mash report where nish kumar said he would like to be the drummer in coldplay as no-one knows who he is but the way they split all the royalties is evenly. so he gets the same royalty money as that pratt chris martin.  one thing that proves no-one knows the drummer from coldplay he has a cameo role in game of thrones, during the red wedding he is the drummer of the band. one of he other extras asked him if he was a preofessional extra and when the reply was he was an actual drummer was asked oh anything i would have heard of.

54 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

well if you close your eyes...

:peepwall:

:lol:

Well played.

112462.gif?b64lines=

On 04/04/2020 at 22:18, Dawnrazor said:

Cold Play

Snow Patrol

Cold Play

Oasis

Cold Play

Embrace

Cold Play

Mumford and Sons

Cold Play

Others......... 

Add Elbow to that list. 

2 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Eh! 10cc, The Wall Street Shuffle is as topical taday (maybe more so) as it was way back in 1974. You need your ears skooshed.:thumbsup:

Just never liked them. 

3 hours ago, Sirudi said:

Great band the Smiths. Some truly excellent songs.

i would have to go for Real around the fountain.

Johnny Marr on guitar, awesome. 

I really , really, tried to get into The Smith's ( I'm an auld fart) my daughter gave me their CD ( best of) and I just did not like any of it after numerous listening.  On Johnny Marr , I watched a Rory Gallagher tribute and he was on it saying how much Rory was his hero, well I thought that's good, but I really cannot get all the fuss about his playing, maybe I'm too much old school , blinkered ect .opinions eh...😁

33 minutes ago, micole said:

I really , really, tried to get into The Smith's ( I'm an auld fart) my daughter gave me their CD ( best of) and I just did not like any of it after numerous listening.  On Johnny Marr , I watched a Rory Gallagher tribute and he was on it saying how much Rory was his hero, well I thought that's good, but I really cannot get all the fuss about his playing, maybe I'm too much old school , blinkered ect .opinions eh...😁

Strange thing music tastes.  
Johny Marr is a different beast to Rory Gallagher. Marr is an effortless master of the guitar. Him and Morrissey were a perfect combination

Saw Rory Gallagher in the 70’s and whilst a great guitarist, I just didn’t really get his music that much. My favourite guitarist in that era was John Martyn,

his live performances were exceptional.

We agree to differ, but no harm in that !

Haven't read through the thread, yet, but I'd be amazed if no one has mentioned U2. Bland, over rated rubbish. Imo, of course.

A lot of their fans are a bit deranged too. Slag U2 in their company and they react like you've slated their mother, religion or fitba team. Ludicrously aggressive and defensive about their, ahem, taste in music.

As for Bono...

On 04/04/2020 at 23:16, Tazio said:

What I like to call T In The Park bands

Muse, and Foo Fighters especially. Rock bands for people who don’t like rock music. 

Muse are shit but I really like the Foo's. 

Sue me!

On 05/04/2020 at 11:25, Robbo-Jambo said:

Dire Straits

Walking sleeping tablets

😆 

Wait, walking sleeping tablets aren't a band are they? :blink:

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Haven't read through the thread, yet, but I'd be amazed if no one has mentioned U2. Bland, over rated rubbish. Imo, of course.

A lot of their fans are a bit deranged too. Slag U2 in their company and they react like you've slated their mother, religion or fitba team. Ludicrously aggressive and defensive about their, ahem, taste in music.

As for Bono...

Bono. FFS.

Saw U2 just as they were starting out playing at our student union at the start of their Boy tour in 1979/80

They played one song, their hit “ I will follow”, good start we thought.

Then as they were starting their second song, Bono stopped the band, and instead gave us a speech on his political beliefs. This went on for a few minutes, and the crowd started getting restless. This just made him angry and he continued lecturing the crowd. Only when the plastic pint pots started to be thrown did he storm off stage. He turned, grabbed the microphone and shouted at us “don’t you know who I am !!”

”Not freakin clue” was the reply.

I knew then that he was a total bellend, and he has spent the years proving me correct.

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

😆

Wait, walking sleeping tablets aren't a band are they? :blink:

Nah, Dire Straits just have the same effect as a sleeping tablet on me. :laugh2:

maroonlegions

Wet Wet Wet.

Most of that 80s shite, those drum machines and synthesisers, utter lazy music.No heart or soul in it, one big one hit wonder shite, that lined the pockets of the record companies.   As an old punk i have mellowed a bit and since  i drum for a cover band ,have quite enjoyed drumming to some tunes that in my early punk days would have said no fecking way to.    One thing though, credit were credit is due , especially when i hear very good drumming from drummers in  bands or on  songs i dont like... There is no substitute for jamming in a band or playing live on your chosen instrument, pure sweat and effort too...  So for me hate is a strong word as i do have a degree of respect for not only drummers but musicians too. 

Edited by maroonlegions

On 04/04/2020 at 23:16, Tazio said:

What I like to call T In The Park bands

Muse, and Foo Fighters especially. Rock bands for people who don’t like rock music. 

😱😱😱 foo's rock🤘

Out of interest who do you class as rock???

4 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Wet Wet Wet.

Most of that 80s shite, those drum machines and synthesisers, utter lazy music.No heart or soul in it, one big one hit wonder shite, that lined the pockets of the record companies.   As an old punk i have mellowed a bit and since  i drum for a cover band ,have quite enjoyed drumming to some tunes that in my early punk days would have said no fecking way to.    One thing though, credit were credit is due , especially when i hear very good drumming from drummers in  bands or on  songs i dont like... There is no substitute for jamming in a band or playing live on your chosen instrument, pure sweat and effort too...  So for me hate is a strong word as i do have a degree of respect for not only drummers but musicians too. 

Well at least I can agree with that Wet Wet Wet are entirely detestable for me.  I like 80's synthesizers tunes but not so much tracks when they play 3 or 4 chords and stand like a numpty looking impressive.

I normally don't like loud and thrashy music but I got a soft spot for Foo Fighters.  They played at meadow bank stadium when a bunch of us were playing football at holyrood park, free music,  was good.

Edited by HMFC01

7 hours ago, Sirudi said:

Bono. FFS.

Saw U2 just as they were starting out playing at our student union at the start of their Boy tour in 1979/80

They played one song, their hit “ I will follow”, good start we thought.

Then as they were starting their second song, Bono stopped the band, and instead gave us a speech on his political beliefs. This went on for a few minutes, and the crowd started getting restless. This just made him angry and he continued lecturing the crowd. Only when the plastic pint pots started to be thrown did he storm off stage. He turned, grabbed the microphone and shouted at us “don’t you know who I am !!”

”Not freakin clue” was the reply.

I knew then that he was a total bellend, and he has spent the years proving me correct.

😁

Genuinely can't stand them. 

Usually don't mind bands/acts I don't like because I just don't listen, or pay any attention, to them but they're the exception. 

1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

Why did Bono fall off the stage?

He was too close to the edge. 

I'll get my coat. 

The footage of The Edge (the name alone screams tosser) stepping off the edge of the stage is quality. 

Can't post a link at the mo but it's funny. 

10 hours ago, martoon said:

As for Bono...

No that's Beatles fans your posting about.

I like and even love some of their stuff but slag the Beatles at your peril on here.😄

Just now, benny said:

No that's Beatles fans your posting about.

I like and even love some of their stuff but slag the Beatles at your peril on here.😄

How dare you, benny?

That's you on ignore now. 😊 

SpruceBringsteen

Bland bands are bad. See The Killers, see Snow Patrol, see Coldplay, see Maroon 5 or whatever. Bands that do nothing to arouse any emotion whatsoever and your mum would say "aren't they nice?"

Worse than them though? The worst bands on the planet? Bands who were incredible then disappeared right up their own fat, self important, coked up farters.

I'm looking at Oasis, U2, Metallica here. **** them.

4 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Bland bands are bad. See The Killers, see Snow Patrol, see Coldplay, see Maroon 5 or whatever. Bands that do nothing to arouse any emotion whatsoever and your mum would say "aren't they nice?"

Worse than them though? The worst bands on the planet? Bands who were incredible then disappeared right up their own fat, self important, coked up farters.

Unfortunately, that's the prescribed route for many cool, hip, self destructing bands.

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

The other music thread threw up another one I just cannot stand.

Nick Cave.

Utter, utter dross.

😯😯😥😥😥

Unknown user
5 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I LOVED metallica as a young bassist, we played for whom the bells toll, seek and destroy, four horsemen in my first band. It was special times, the bond between the thrash scene and the fans was amazing, they were like an extension of ourselves. 

Then they dumped us for the rock mainstream, unforgivable. Away and sue Napster ya tape trading hypocritical whores.

2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Sorry man :lol:

I just don't get it/him.

I get that, lots don't 👍

I love everything Nick Cave has done, from The Birthday Party to Grinderman, one of my all time favourites. 

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Sorry man :lol:

I just don't get it/him.

I never forgave him for killing kylie

19 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Muse are shit but I really like the Foo's. 

Sue me!

Origin of symmetry and absolution (muse) are class albums.

Foos i dont mind as such but they are boring "dad rock"

1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

Origin of symmetry and absolution (muse) are class albums.

Foos i dont mind as such but they are boring "dad rock"

😆 :2thumbsup:

I am a dad!

I get that the Smiths aren't to some people's taste but it's unarguable that Johnny Marr was an incredibly talented guitarist and songwriter and Morrissey a one off frontman and lyricist.

In terms of bands that I personally don't like:

The Libertines - The NME tried to bum them up as a quintessential English band in the vein of the Smiths but well, see earlier comments, not in the same universe as The Smiths.

Kasabian - Better record collections than Oasis but came across as a witless parody of them. 

Also, that lairy arsehole that shouts "Here We ****ing go at gigs". He likes Kasabian.

10 minutes ago, Costanza said:

I get that the Smiths aren't to some people's taste but it's unarguable that Johnny Marr was an incredibly talented guitarist and songwriter and Morrissey a one off frontman and lyricist.

In terms of bands that I personally don't like:

The Libertines - The NME tried to bum them up as a quintessential English band in the vein of the Smiths but well, see earlier comments, not in the same universe as The Smiths.

Kasabian - Better record collections than Oasis but came across as a witless parody of them. 

Also, that lairy arsehole that shouts "Here We ****ing go at gigs". He likes Kasabian.

I love that word unarguable.....covers a multitude of opinions....😁😁

Edited by micole

10 minutes ago, micole said:

I love that word unarguable.....covers a multitude of opinions....😁😁

Fair point.

It's my opinion,  albeit a factual one 😉

The Old Tolbooth

The Smiths, what a boring shitty drone of a band they were, just wanted to slit my wrists to that lot :peek_by_Andrin: