Bands you hate.

Greedy Jambo

Everyone has different tastes, I suppose. You’ll never get consensus on a thread like this. For me though:

STARSAILOR

The Script

The Feeling

Scouting for Girls

All that time and effort learning music, and practising guitar and drums etc... and you then spend your time making maudlin melancholy shite, or meaningless pop chunder.

In saying that, many people would feel that way about what I like too, so... 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Dawnrazor

• Greedy Jambo

• Unknown user

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Салатные палочки

Kings of Leon's first album was great but they quickly became shite after that. 

I'll add Klaxons, Maccabees, The View, Vampire Weekend, Razorlight, the Ordinary Boys and any other posing, pretty boy, half arsed indie pish.  I would include the Libertines but they get a pass because of their first album.

Every boy band, rap act and Ed Sheeran and most of  useless disposable pop that gets Grammied and Britted up is a given, but there should be a special place in hell for Simply Red. Also the so called Beautiful South tormented me on Virgin radio when a student in the early 90s. I could add U2, Blur and Coldplay, and other darlings of Glasto. 

14 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Every boy band, rap act and Ed Sheeran and most of  useless disposable pop that gets Grammied and Britted up is a given, but there should be a special place in hell for Simply Red. Also the so called Beautiful South tormented me on Virgin radio when a student in the early 90s. I could add U2, Blur and Coldplay, and other darlings of Glasto. 

Ed Sheeran is the winner of this thread

If we're putting solo singers in then the floodgates open.

Ed Sheeran

Sam Smith

George Ezra

Adele

Dua Lipa

Lily Allen

Rita Ora

Jess Glynne

Zara Larsson

Among others

Edited by Victorian

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

The usual suspects that have been mentioned (eg Oasis, Snow Patrol, Muse) and Radiohead and pink Floyd.

I don't hate non-manufactured bands, but nowadays these auto-tuned talentless pop stars are utter shite.  A number listed above by Victorian.

Why do so many white female singers sound like they are Jamaican, and likewise for the black London singers?

4 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

The usual suspects that have been mentioned (eg Oasis, Snow Patrol, Muse) and Radiohead and pink Floyd.

I really like Radiohead and Pink Floyd. DSotM is a masterpiece as is OK Computer. Muse are also pretty good, my bro' has seen them live and was impressed with the whole gig.

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

I really like Radiohead and Pink Floyd. DSotM is a masterpiece as is OK Computer. Muse are also pretty good, my bro' has seen them live and was impressed with the whole gig.

I won't slate Muse but their recent albums fall well short of their earlier material.  Their last decent album was Black Holes And Other Revelations.

Coldplay 

Queen

The two bands that would make me turn the radio off if I ever listened to a station that would play them.

If they ever turned up on my Spotify mixes I would cancel my subscription.

Music for people who don't get music.

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Iron Maiden.

A band that is more popular now than it was in the 80s, selling out arenas and festivals worldwide.

I saw them 3 times in the 80s and early 90s and not again until 2009 for various reasons, and could not believe how fantastic their gigs still are.

Its all about taste I guess, and not everyone likes the same music.

9 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Iron Maiden.

Yip, them and the rest of the chocolate rockers.

4 hours ago, iantjambo said:

I respect everybody’s opinion...Except yours. Your opinion sucks 😁

Take That

Oasis (love their music but hate the people in the band)

I respectfully disagree - for me, they are the most overrated band in history. 

14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

A band that is more popular now than it was in the 80s, selling out arenas and festivals worldwide.

I saw them 3 times in the 80s and early 90s and not again until 2009 for various reasons, and could not believe how fantastic their gigs still are.

Its all about taste I guess, and not everyone likes the same music.

I really hate Bruce Dickinson voice, I saw tbem in the SECC when The Almighty supported them, my mate is a massuve Maiden fan and we both loves The Almighty, me and the wife sat through about 4 or 5 Maiden songs and we had to leave, utter wank with a singer that can't sing.

Megadeth, there's another heap of shite!

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Sting.    The epitome of shite.    

Yep, and comes over as a pretentious prick whenever I've seen him on the tele.

Edited by Dawnrazor

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I really hate Bruce Dickinson voice, I saw tbem in the SECC when The Almighty supported them, my mate is a massuve Maiden fan and we both loves The Almighty, me and the wife sat through about 4 or 5 Maiden songs and we had to leave, utter wank with a singer that can't sing.

Megadeth, there's another heap of shite!

Sure - you are entitled to your point of view, but how come The Almighty never went on to be anything special?  I did get their first few CDs, but they were bang average and I haven't played them in a long time.

Just now, frankblack said:

Sure - you are entitled to your point of view, but how come The Almighty never went on to be anything special?  I did get their first few CDs, but they were bang average and I haven't played them in a long time.

Lots of bands never got as  big or successful as, imo, they should have, The Almighty being one.

Black Sabbath

Deep Purple

Iron Maiden

Judas Priest

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Lynyrd Skynyrd

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Kings of Leon's first album was great but they quickly became shite after that. 

I'll add Klaxons, Maccabees, The View, Vampire Weekend, Razorlight, the Ordinary Boys and any other posing, pretty boy, half arsed indie pish.  I would include the Libertines but they get a pass because of their first album.

Remove the maccabees from the list and I would agree wholeheartedly. I never got into them until their 2nd album. They are a brilliant band, we're great live too. 

There's loads of shite acts out there, but it's the ones who are successful despite being woeful that annoy me.

Step forward Coldplay and Dido.

11 minutes ago, leginten said:

Black Sabbath

Deep Purple

Iron Maiden

Judas Priest

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Classic rock not your thing then. These acts will live forever dude, unlike the crap today.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
59 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Ive endured both. Cannot stand either.

30 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Classic rock not your thing then. These acts will live forever dude, unlike the crap today.

The very expression is toe-curling and conjures up images of black-clad bozos without an ounce of lyricism in their souls indulging in fretwank over plodding, repetitive bullshit riffs.

I forgot to add:

Aerosmith

Kiss

Guns N’ Roses

Alice Cooper

Bon Jovi

Like Johnny Marr. Like a couple of Smiths songs. Morrissey is an absolute ****ing penis, and I can’t stand him.

1 hour ago, leginten said:

The very expression is toe-curling and conjures up images of black-clad bozos without an ounce of lyricism in their souls indulging in fretwank over plodding, repetitive bullshit riffs.

I forgot to add:

Aerosmith

Kiss

Guns N’ Roses

Alice Cooper

Bon Jovi

Dude, cut Aerosmith from that list. You are clowning now. 

John mcCartney

Porridge Radio
Radio 6 favoured angst ridden plagiarising middle class Brighton band with album out recently.Theyre fecking brutal !

Guns n roses
Nickelback
Pearl jam
Blondie
any band on Absolute (fecking tosh)FM formerly Virgin ?
Stereophonics
Elbow
Only Ones(Peter fecking Perrett)

Edited by John mcCartney

Unknown user
4 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Great shout, I really really can't stand them either. 

Lightning Seeds

Ned's Atomic Dustbin

Green Day

Someone mentioned the Klaxons...good call. 

I mind going to a gig of theirs and they were SUPPORTED by Simian Mobile Disco and Crystal Castles. 

:wtf:

51 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Great shout, I really really can't stand them either. 

Lightning Seeds

Ned's Atomic Dustbin

Green Day

The beautiful south were great.

12 minutes ago, hmfc_steve said:

What ?

I knew I’d get that from someone!

I used to own Dark side of the Moon - who didn’t?  :lol: 

Apart from two two or three tracks on that album, I thought PF were pretty poor.  

Just now, Morgan said:

I knew I’d get that from someone!

I used to own Dark side of the Moon - who didn’t?  :lol: 

Apart from two two or three tracks on that album, I thought PF were pretty poor.  

I didn't like them until live 8, when them and the who showed these modern pricks how it was done. Still don't like the student wanks, but the wall has some good tunes.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Meatloaf and the Boss can gtf. Rotten!

I loved Meatloaf but Springsteen gets right on my Eartha Kitts.

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The beautiful south were great.

You’d have liked the House martins too, then?

Just now, Morgan said:

You’d have liked the House martins too, then?

Not really. The jam were my band, but I liked bad manners and the specials.