Jump to content
H2

Toilet Rolls

Recommended Posts

Space Pirate
Posted (edited)

Boris is still just advising people what to do. 

Just get the lock down on the go,  you're only allowed out for exercise on your own or to go to the food shop or for medicine, simples. 

Edited by Space Pirate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26
Just now, Space Pirate said:

Boris is still just advising people what to do. 

Just get the lock down on the go,  you're only allowed out for exercise on your own or to go to the food shop or for medicine, simples. 

the police are being given powers to fine people who dont comply, how is that just advice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Pirate
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the police are being given powers to fine people who dont comply, how is that just advice?

 

I didn't hear the word lockdown.

I think people will still take the piss. 

Just my opinion. 

 

Edited by Space Pirate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Pirate

The youth of today will love a wee chase from the police. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SwindonJambo

I defrosted my fridge freezer yesterday so needed to restock. Today I got up at the crack of dawn and headed for Aldi in Faringdon (between Swindon & Oxford) to catch it opening at 8am. 25 people waiting and all very civIlised and people giving distance. I walked in to a wonderous sight: Fully laden fruit and veg stalls with full availability of everything. So too chilled meats, fish and ready meals. And... bog roll!!! They were short on frozen foods but everything else was plentiful. No argy bargy of any kind. Result!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I defrosted my fridge freezer yesterday so needed to restock. Today I got up at the crack of dawn and headed for Aldi in Faringdon (between Swindon & Oxford) to catch it opening at 8am. 25 people waiting and all very civIlised and people giving distance. I walked in to a wonderous sight: Fully laden fruit and veg stalls with full availability of everything. So too chilled meats, fish and ready meals. And... bog roll!!! They were short on frozen foods but everything else was plentiful. No argy bargy of any kind. Result!

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cairneyhill Jambo
2 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I defrosted my fridge freezer yesterday so needed to restock. Today I got up at the crack of dawn and headed for Aldi in Faringdon (between Swindon & Oxford) to catch it opening at 8am. 25 people waiting and all very civIlised and people giving distance. I walked in to a wonderous sight: Fully laden fruit and veg stalls with full availability of everything. So too chilled meats, fish and ready meals. And... bog roll!!! They were short on frozen foods but everything else was plentiful. No argy bargy of any kind. Result!

I went to Aldi in Dunfermline today and it was the same. The chilled counters were fully stocked. It wouldn't take long before the jungle drums were going and the chavy Asda shoppers turned up and emptied the shelves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo

Just heard from a Greek friend. They've just made it that you can only go out for certain activities (exercise not included) and have to print out and fill in a form or send a text message to the authorities before you do. ID must be carried at all times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dobmisterdobster
On 23/03/2020 at 22:44, redjambo said:

Just heard from a Greek friend. They've just made it that you can only go out for certain activities (exercise not included) and have to print out and fill in a form or send a text message to the authorities before you do. ID must be carried at all times.

Those countries are used to that level of authoritarianism. We are not which is why some people aren't taking the quarantine seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Potter
41 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Those countries are used to that level of authoritarianism. We are not which is why some people aren't taking the quarantine seriously.

You ask some people to do a certain procedure and they will do the opposite, sitting on my PC 

looking out the window and no shortage of folk walking past, its pissing down as well, folk eh beyond me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
52 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Those countries are used to that level of authoritarianism. We are not which is why some people aren't taking the quarantine seriously.

 

You obviously don't know the Greeks. They don't take instructions from the authorities lightly. "Those countries". :) - a Petty Englander attitude if I've ever heard it, Dob.

 

clash_2032681i.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
...a bit disco

Went to get a loaf from the local Co-op (Westburn) yesterday.

 

Had to make do with a loaf in a plain blue see through wrapper, one wee label with ingredients and 'not suitable for home freezing' on it.

 

Reasonable enough bread though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Went to get a loaf from the local Co-op (Westburn) yesterday.

 

Had to make do with a loaf in a plain blue see through wrapper, one wee label with ingredients and 'not suitable for home freezing' on it.

 

Reasonable enough bread though.

Surely you could freeze it and if needed just toast it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Surely you could freeze it and if needed just toast it.

 

Probably been frozen already then defrosted, whilst it is ok to re-freeze it again, it can affect the taste and quality of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
...a bit disco
32 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Surely you could freeze it and if needed just toast it.

 

Don't know?

 

Nearly finished it anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
26 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

 

Don't know?

 

Nearly finished it anyway!

Greedy bugger.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
...a bit disco
23 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Greedy bugger.

 

 

:biggrin:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian

Tesco Colinton was quiet at 8.30.    No queues,   or even cues,   to get in.   Sparse inside.    Unfortunately witnessed a right old monkey taking part in his own 'handle as many things as I can without selecting anything' competition.     A couple of oblivious people not giving an arse about keeping distance.     Short wait at the till.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio

A council down south has posted photos on its website of wheelie bins outside house that are full of food items that people are throwing out as they are passed their use by dates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
H2
2 hours ago, Tazio said:

A council down south has posted photos on its website of wheelie bins outside house that are full of food items that people are throwing out as they are passed their use by dates. 

Any toilet rolls in them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio
2 minutes ago, H2 said:

Any toilet rolls in them?

Plenty bread rolls. Same end result. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
H2
5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Plenty bread rolls. Same end result. 

LOL, and they will decompose better than the paper !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gjcc

Hell mend anyone that has a fridge/freezer go on the blink. They’ll be strung up. :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
...a bit disco
7 hours ago, Victorian said:

Tesco Colinton was quiet at 8.30.    No queues,   or even cues,   to get in.   Sparse inside.    Unfortunately witnessed a right old monkey taking part in his own 'handle as many things as I can without selecting anything' competition.     A couple of oblivious people not giving an arse about keeping distance.     Short wait at the till.

 

How was the stock levels?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian
12 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

 

How was the stock levels?

 

Fresh fruit and veg well stocked.   Meat,  fish and chicken was ok.   Bread,  rolls,  milk,  eggs all good.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
...a bit disco
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

 

Fresh fruit and veg well stocked.   Meat,  fish and chicken was ok.   Bread,  rolls,  milk,  eggs all good.     

 

Good to hear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heartsfc_fan

Haven't seen toilet roll in bigger supermarkets for a good couple of weeks now. Mind you that's going in the evening time.

 

Local corner shops are the way to go, picked up a 9 pack earlier 👍 panic over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MES

Aldi at Oxgangs. Full shelves of toilet roll at 6pm tonight. So much I didn’t even bother😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonesy
10 hours ago, Tazio said:

A council down south has posted photos on its website of wheelie bins outside house that are full of food items that people are throwing out as they are passed their use by dates. 

Disgusting stuff. Especially given there'll be kids out of school at the moment whose parents are incapable of nourishing them properly through either poverty or neglect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...