BERRA

Mick Arthur

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You don’t think Uche is strong, Mulraney is fast and Whelan is experienced? Ok man.

But these players had us bottom of the league too :laugh:

Uche is so strong even when he taps the ball it sails miles over the bar. Mulraney is so fast he gets to the byline before any of our players could and whips in a crappy high cross to no one. Whelan is experienced in being an arsehole.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Suso Santana

• GinRummy

• Niemi’s gloves

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Sounds like the makings of a fantastic side. Get the old gang back together and all that. 

You ridiculed the description of power, pace and experience. I didn’t say they were all brilliant players, just that they possessed attributes that have not be replaced. I don’t think anyone can argue against that. Have Langer and Avidjaj provided anything? Would Mulraney and Whelan have been better options? 

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You ridiculed the description of power, pace and experience. I didn’t say they were all brilliant players, just that they possessed attributes that have not be replaced. I don’t think anyone can argue against that. Have Langer and Avidjaj provided anything? Would Mulraney and Whelan have been better options? 

Their attributes were insignificant because they were all bad players. They also don’t or didn’t want to be here. Which makes them   actually worse than useless. Was always going to be tricky to get decent players in January but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have cleared out the shite. 

Edited by GinRummy

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You don’t think Uche is strong, Mulraney is fast and Whelan is experienced? Ok man.

Aye, but you're missing the football part. 

Mr Elwood P
18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Their attributes were insignificant because they were all bad players. They also don’t or didn’t want to be here. Which makes them   actually worse than useless. Was always going to be tricky to get decent players in January but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have cleared out the shite. 

Whelan isn’t a bad player. Stendel hasn’t improved the squad, quite the opposite in fact. Luckily he will be gone soon.

Whelan isn’t a bad player. Stendel hasn’t improved the squad, quite the opposite in fact. Luckily he will be gone soon.

He was a bad player for us and not just under Stendel. If he goes he goes. I’m sure this group of players has as many managerial sackings in them as it takes before a manager shows the majority of them where the door is.

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He was a bad player for us and not just under Stendel. If he goes he goes. I’m sure this group of players has as many managerial sackings in them as it takes before a manager shows the majority of them where the door is.

He was outstanding in a couple of early games. He lost his way after that. I think a different manager would have got a lot more out of Berra, Whelan and Naismith.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

He was outstanding in a couple of early games. He lost his way after that. I think a different manager would have got a lot more out of Berra, Whelan and Naismith.

Did Berra not lose his way before Stendel as well? If the players decide who they play for and who they don’t the players need emptied surely? Not suggesting Stendel will survive because I don’t think he will. 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, GinRummy said:

Did Berra not lose his way before Stendel as well? If the players decide who they play for and who they don’t the players need emptied surely? Not suggesting Stendel will survive because I don’t think he will. 

Berra hadn’t downed tools and stopped playing. He was just in poor form. I’m far from convinced that any of our other centre backs are better than Berra, or any of our centre midfielders are better than Whelan. Agree that Stendel’s going to be gone, one way or another.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Berra hadn’t downed tools and stopped playing. He was just in poor form. I’m far from convinced that any of our other centre backs are better than Berra, or any of our centre midfielders are better than Whelan. Agree that Stendel’s going to be gone, one way or another.

I agree our squad is poor. Years it’s taken to assemble this squad and 3 or 4 aside it’s full of absolute shite. Wasn’t expecting DS to turn it around completely in 3-4 months but enough is enough for me. Huge clear out in the summer, as you say one way or another, I hope.

they certainly aint as commanding in the air as him

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

As per @Hearts007‘s response, I was concerned as far back as Hamilton in December when this zonal marking nonsense left Michael Smith marking three giants at the free kick which led to their opener. 

As I said earlier in the thread, Berra and Souttar are by some distance the best two central defenders on our books. Berra needed a rest and Souttar was struggling after injury I grant you, but compared to Halkett/Clev they’re night and day.

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

they certainly aint as commanding in the air as him

1 minute ago, Shaggy2 said:

As per @Hearts007‘s response, I was concerned as far back as Hamilton in December when this zonal marking nonsense left Michael Smith marking three giants at the free kick which led to their opener. 

As I said earlier in the thread, Berra and Souttar are by some distance the best two central defenders on our books. Berra needed a rest and Souttar was struggling after injury I grant you, but compared to Halkett/Clev they’re night and day.

Massively missed Berra’s aerial presence, for corners at both ends of the pitch. Dundee fans on their forum crediting him with completely turning around their season. 

Captain Canada
5 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

If we go down (god hope not) Uche will be great against lower league opponents 

I'd be amazed if he's still at the club next season whatever division we're in.