What now?

Sertse

For me, what happens now is I start watching my team again. As previously stated I returned my season ticket the day AB appointed CL. However, and regardless of what league we are in, I will be watching my team home and away next year as I have done since 1961. I sincerely hope that when that charlatan leaves he is followed out the door by AB.

Edited by bobskeldon

Just now, Sertse said:

Ladies team is a vanity project. They are forgetting that the club is all about the actual team and everything else is in addition, that's it.

This.

6 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

For me, what happens now is I start watching my team again. As previously stated I returned my season ticket the day AB appointed CL. However, and regardless of what league we are in, I will be watching my team home and away next year as I have done since 196. I sincerely hope that when that charlatan leaves he is followed out the door by AB.

jesus! Didn't know people lived that long.

Scottie Wanshot.
14 hours ago, Sertse said:

We donate through the foundation. Show up in our thousands for every game. Constantly and consistently cheer the team. Pay a fortune for tickets. Buy the merchandise.

And for what? What are we getting back? We're the third biggest team in Scotland and our biggest aim is to not get relegated. I remember when we were always fighting for third or second and now look at us.

Do any of the players even care? Can they even recite the Hearts song? Do they not know about the history that the jersey represents?

If we go down then the problem definitely wasn't us, the fans, we've been extremely patient. I've had enough.

🤣

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

No.

It started when a bunch of clueless halfwits hounded Neilson out the door.

Yes I know he left to join MK Dons but do you really think that would have been his preferred option

Best post on here for a long, long time.

What now?

Just avoid JKB after a defeat and get on with your life, it's apparent a good few on here don't really have one and if they do it's not the best as they need football to pick them up. That'll be someone else's fault as well of course. Always blaming somebody else, easy to spot.

It's nice and quiet after a win on here and you can discuss things properly with adults and enjoy the moment.

15 hours ago, Last Laff said:

it’s sickening mate.  Yet you’ll get some wank like tosh coming along and making jokes or Al saying it’s all down to injuries.  We went down the last time it was accepted because of the cup wins and the state the club was in and we all came together.

This time it’s a culmination of a cluster**** of disaster decisions.  Yet last season was decent for some because we made a cup final,  this season was accepted because of injuries.  

We’ve become Hibs, years of soft shit, poor signings and a person in control who has no idea what they are doing.  Only Hibs can **** that up and get pumped off us at home but it’s a serious serious situation now.  Never I can remember since being wee and watching is under Jordon have we been so weak and shit.  Yet some/a lot want to make excuses. 

Well said mate my thoughts are the same it’s f*****g sickening for sure.

18 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I wonder what Ann Budge feels about that.

As long as the financial position is healthy then we are all good. 

12 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

No.

Yes I know he left to join MK Dons but do you really think that would have been his preferred option

This.  Another example of unrealistic expectations of our support - he was doing a good job.  The outcry after losing to hibs the eventual cup winners in the cup was embarrassing.  The poodle out stuff was cringeworthy.

13 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

No.

Poor bullied Robbie, who didn’t move to look after his own ambition right enough.  Like his mentor Levein he made the wrong decision walking out for a basket case.  

Jamstomorrow
On 11/03/2020 at 23:28, Sertse said:

Completely. We, the fans, are getting treated like absolute mugs.

I for one disagree.  If you don't like it, you do not have to do it.  Don't let the door hit you on the way out!   

"We'll support you evermore."   Obviously not a reference to you!

On 12/03/2020 at 00:11, rmreido said:

5 year plan.......the championship then back again ffs

This. Full circle. Thanks for that!

The Treasurer
7 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Poor bullied Robbie, who didn’t move to look after his own ambition right enough.  Like his mentor Levein he made the wrong decision walking out for a basket case.  

Anyone who saw Neilson in his playing days would know that he wasn't exactly a delicate wee thing.

The Championship is widely acknowledged as the hardest league in the country to win.

It's no coincidence that, in recent seasons, only two clubs have run away with the title, both managed by the same person.

1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I for one disagree.  If you don't like it, you do not have to do it.  Don't let the door hit you on the way out!   

"We'll support you evermore."   Obviously not a reference to you!

The majority of players clearly don't give a flying f. I love the club, getting pissed off at empty shirts who have got us into a relegation fight (if you can call it that) is hardly the same as not supporting the club. Get a grip.

On 12/03/2020 at 00:39, Last Laff said:

Hens love roosters, goose love ganders :lol:

Cathro was a fraud too.  Yet some of our support knew better and it was a media ploy for him to fail for some unknown reason. 

Everything Levein then budge touches turns to shit.  They got Neilson right then turned him into a negative shell when promoted.  

1278810.jpg

Nookie Bear

It is difficult to think of a bigger missed opportunity in our entire history.

We have had cash to spend before but it was built on sand (esp. thinking of Vlad here) but everything is in place for this club to grow into something that can challenge for a title...and we blew it spectacularly.

if i followed another team i would be pishing myself at the arrogance of Hearts. If i played for another team, i would relish the chance to relegate Hearts, which is exactly what is happening now.

Nookie Bear
10 hours ago, Voxpop said:

This.  Another example of unrealistic expectations of our support - he was doing a good job.  The outcry after losing to hibs the eventual cup winners in the cup was embarrassing.  The poodle out stuff was cringeworthy.

In hindsight, we were far more traumatised by hibs winning the cup than they were after losing 5-1 🤷‍♂️

Bazzas right boot
On 13/03/2020 at 10:07, Nookie Bear said:

We have had cash to spend before but it was built on sand (esp. thinking of Vlad here) but everything is in place for this club to grow into something that can challenge for a title...and we blew it spectacularly.

if i followed another team i would be pishing myself at the arrogance of Hearts. If i played for another team, i would relish the chance to relegate Hearts, which is exactly what is happening now.

Not difficult at all tbh. 

Burleys team. 

Doesn't help right now tho or make the current situation better. 

On 13/03/2020 at 10:07, Nookie Bear said:

Your post could be a direct quote from Hibs net. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Burleys team. 

A few spring to mind. Several cup finals, losing to Kilmarnock on last day of season, Dundee loss. I agree - Some posters have no idea of our history and pedal myths like Vlad not actually having any money. He did, many millions. The banking crash of 2008 wiped that out. If the crash hadn’t happened, Vlad would still own Hearts.  It’s a Hobo myth that he went bust because of his investment in Hearts.

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Prof said:

A few spring to mind. Several cup finals, losing to Kilmarnock on last day of season, Dundee loss. I agree - Some posters have no idea of our history and pedal myths like Vlad not actually having any money. He did, many millions. The banking crash of 2008 wiped that out. If the crash hadn’t happened, Vlad would still own Hearts.  It’s a Hobo myth that he went bust because of his investment in Hearts.

2013 lc final as well. 

St mirren in a final. 

Scored first. 

Still pisses me off tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

2013 lc final as well. 

St mirren in a final. 

Scored first. 

Still pisses me off tbh. 

Was there as well. I was  gutted that day. Seem to remember it was bluenosed Ferguson that scored for St Midden.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Burleys team. 

I mean it is a missed opportunity to build something great on solid foundations that would last beyond just a few years.

Hectormasson
On 12/03/2020 at 11:13, McCrae said:

Regardless of where we finish up next season, AB should move away from operational control at the club.  It may also be time for some of the other Directors to move  on. They all share some of the blame for where we are now.

Budges brown noses 👈

I'm praying this season gets voided. Firmly believe trying to play it at a later date is an absolute nonsense. Time will have moved on, loan deals may be up, players will be back from injury, what about the logistics of next season? Players getting sufficient rest before the season starts? Pre-season? 

However, we've still after 30 games managed to finish bottom, so current leadership at the club needs to change in 2021. We've regressed year on year since promotion. Its not on. We need a CEO with a clear plan built around growth and youth development. We need a sporting director with a track record in youth development. I trust Stendel, I think he didn't want to come in so soon and its been an absolutely brutal learning curve for him but that will stand him in good stead for next season. Get a back 4 of his choosing and its a different ball game IMO.