Walker - Past His Play-By Date

Tasavallan

1 hour ago, H2 said:

Your opinion is wrong. 

He will start again, and I've got till 2022 to say "I told you so", but I suspect it will be over the next month that it happens.

:spoton:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• luckyBatistuta

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally I still think he has something to offer and is a useful player to have in the squad. Dug us out of a hole as recently as the Hamilton game.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I didn’t think there were out balls available. That was the problem. Most of the team were blowing big time by the time he came on and a couple of times he got possession no-one showed for a pass. 

Lets not forget that he was brought on at 2-0 to manage the game and he was asked to play an alien role deeper and narrower than Moore had been and deeper than you'd normally like Walker to be. However there were plenty outballs at that stage. Hickey was showing and Washington never stopped showing all night. Naismith was also fresh and running about like a teenager on meth. If anyone was blowing at that stage it was Hibs and on another night, with them down to 9 men as they should have been, we'd have scored 2 or 3 more in the last quarter.

Edited by JimmyCant

OmiyaHearts

Not wanting to spend too much energy being negative, given last nights result. However, I doubt he'll be here next season as he's miles away from having the work rate needed to do well under Stendel.

annushorribilis III

That game last night was whirlwind stuff from the first whistle. I can't see any way back for Walker in that kind of set up.  I'm not trashing the guy (although i didn't want him back at Hearts) but I just can't see how he's gonna fit in. This is blood & thunder for 90+ minutes every week under Stendl. 

8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Lets not forget that he was brought on at 2-0 to manage the game and he was asked to play an alien role deeper and narrower than Moore had been and deeper than you'd normally like Walker to be. However there were plenty outballs at that stage. Hickey was showing and Washington never stopped showing all night. Naismith was also fresh and running about like a teenager on meth. If anyone was blowing at that stage it was Hibs and on another night, with them down to 9 men as they should have been, we'd have scored 2 or 3 more in the last quarter.

Just watch the incident referred on playback. No-one showed for him in that one. Agree re Naismith and Washinton in general but not at that particular incident. 

12 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Not wanting to spend too much energy being negative, given last nights result. However, I doubt he'll be here next season as he's miles away from having the work rate needed to do well under Stendel.

Think he has. Time will tell. 

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Section Q said:

Only recovered from a leg fracture a couple of months ago. 

Spot on. He can't be expected to be 100% after the injury and time out. He'll be fitter and better as he gets more matches. 

After a good result, someone was bound to be negative! 😄

He’s had bad injury issues, and has showed enough recently that he’s still capable of performing for us. 

Personally, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt -for now. 

Francis Albert

Happy to let Stendel decide but FWIW I think Jamie will see out his contract. Good squad player at worst, still potentially more. 

He wasn't great when he came on but he's shown enough in recent weeks to suggest he still has something to offer us.

Weird OP.

Scottie Wanshot.

I think Walker is still a good player, when he came on last night, it was hard for him to get up to speed straight away because of such a hectic pace the game was getting played at.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Still has a lot to to offer IMO. Was the best player on the pitch by a mile against Hamilton. Not going to pile on because he struggled to get up to speed in a ferocious derby performance when we came on late. 

Neverforgetfiveone
2 hours ago, Miko said:

Wasn't great when he came on but it is very difficult to get up to speed off the bench in a derby. Likewise I thought Naisy struggled off the bench as well.

Not going to criticise him too much. Showed enough in  his last couple of performances to indicate that he is willing to knuckle down and contribute

Not sure his legs can cope with the pressing game. Moore looks like bambi on ice at times but fair play to the lad he runs miles in matches. As did Washington last night. Very high energy levels. 

Just dont think Walker has it in the tank or the legs...

Home games when we need to break teams down might be his forté

Scottie Wanshot.
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

TBF I expected more when he came on, expected him to be buzzing and run riot,  but not going to write him off as he still has enough to be in the squad. Thought the whole team battled well and played the better football through out the game, a well deserved win and lets kick on from two great wins.

totally agree.

2 hours ago, Section Q said:

Only recovered from a leg fracture a couple of months ago. 

This. He's also not had a sustained run since coming back from England or since his injury. 

It's difficult to show decent consistency when you only get an opportunity now and then. The manager obviously thinks he can offer something otherwise he wouldn't be in the match squad. 

2 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

The Hibs goals last night showcased why Jamie Walker is no longer Premiership class.  Hearts were pressing, he got the ball on left side of Hibs' box.  He dallied with the ball, tried to beat 3 players, lost it and let Hibs start a counter attack with the Hearts' players stranded pressing in the Hibs' half.  

Trying to live of nostalgic knees.  Will never start again with talent like Moore/Nicholson coming through from the Academy. Yet he has a contract to Summer of '22.   

What a load of pish.

Must be hurting that we pumped your hibs team to start this rant 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

What a load of pish.

Must be hurting that we pumped your hibs team to start this rant 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I don't always agree with the OP, but you're miles off with that one.

132goals1958
22 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

After a good result, someone was bound to be negative! 😄

He’s had bad injury issues, and has showed enough recently that he’s still capable of performing for us. 

Personally, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt -for now. 

Exactly. A few weeks ago he arguably was instrumental in gaining a point against Hamilton Invariably 14 players take part in the game and with squad rotation and injuries he can be a valuable part of the squad.

2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Why the **** is there this desperation to hammer our players.

Can't pick on the starting 11 so let's filter down to the subs.

:rofl:

it's pathetic. 

2 hours ago, Mort said:

Best player on the park against Hamilton a few weeks back. 

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

He was probably our most dangerous player prior to The Rangers game. 

Jesus ****ing Jones

:cornette:

All of the above but especially below. 

1 hour ago, farin said:

This thread.  :facepalm:

We’ve just beat Rangers then Hibs. How can anybody be anything other than delighted.

Edited by GinRummy

51 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Just watch the incident referred on playback. No-one showed for him in that one. Agree re Naismith and Washinton in general but not at that particular incident. 

Nah I'll give you that one without looking at it. Fair enough. I thought it was very hard for him to come on and do the job he was asked to do when the game was so frantic.I dont think he's first 11 pick material anymore but you (not you personally obviously)cant write him off as a dud based on the 15 minutes he had last night compared with how decent he's actually been lately.

Walker gets what a derby means to Hearts fans

Came on an niggled Omeonga, tracker back and bailed Hickeys arse twice iirc

18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't always agree with the OP, but you're miles off with that one.

Possibly 🤷‍♂️

Don't get pissing on a player after a derby win though.

Think he still has a role to play

SpikeDudley
36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Some of our fans are complete melts. 

3-1 win at Easter Road and the reaction is to slate an individual player. Bizarre.

:getout:

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Possibly 🤷‍♂️

Don't get pissing on a player after a derby win though.

Think he still has a role to play

I totally agree, I think he's paying for the sins of the past for some myself.

2 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Great night last night.

Got to find something to moan about.

Checks random player-to-complain-about-generator-algorithm. Stops at Jamie Walker. Moan, moan, moan.

FWIW We all know what Walker can do. We all want that to happen again. Let's get right behind the lad.

Kickback's all very well at times. But can anyone recommend a good Hearts SUPPORTERS website?

100%

some folk HAVE to moan and find scapegoats etc. They can’t just enjoy the moments and get behind the squad. It really baffles me. 
pathetic.

Walker is a valuable squad player who will have plenty to contribute 

Zerothehero

Jamie Walker is a great wee player and really cares about playing for Hearts. Check his reaction to Clare's goal. He scored one of our most important goals of the season recently, an absolutely crucial moment in a high pressure game. I'm glad we have him.

I think Jamie Walker will become a very important part of our squad. He might not play every week, but I've no doubt he'll make a big contribution to any success the side has over the next season or two.

That Hibs team we played last night was the best they’ve had in years and we  put them back in the box. Walker is a typical winger type can run hot and cold. Last night he was brought on in a frantic derby even though we were two up. Under the circumstances he played well. IMO

Edited by Dannie Boy

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Still in the squad so Stendel must still think he can contribute. 

In a kind of Steven MacLean option from the bench in the dying stages of the game sort of role more often than not, I suspect. Which is sad for a guy who used to be good, and isn’t even that old.

I'm not a fan of Walker coming back, but he has been looking pretty decent in the last few games.  He still has a part to play in the current squad.

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

He was probably our most dangerous player prior to The Rangers game. 

Jesus ****ing Jones

:cornette:

This! He was pretty brutal last night, but he has been good the games before that. Important that we have players in the squad who are capable of changing things and Jamie is one of them.

Have folk not learned that writing players off after a bad game or two isn’t the best idea?

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Squad player at best. 

Correct, but quite possibly an important one.

Rick Sanchez

I don't think Stendel will play him out wide long term...possibly back up to Naismith in behind if he stays.

Clare and Moore have set the work ethic benchmark.

2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

2 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

That game last night was whirlwind stuff from the first whistle. I can't see any way back for Walker in that kind of set up.  I'm not trashing the guy (although i didn't want him back at Hearts) but I just can't see how he's gonna fit in. This is blood & thunder for 90+ minutes every week under Stendl. 

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Think he has. Time will tell. 

24 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Strange signing to begin with. 

23 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

In a kind of Steven MacLean option from the bench in the dying stages of the game sort of role more often than not, I suspect. Which is sad for a guy who used to be good, and isn’t even that old.

All wrong. You'll get more pleasure supporting than dissing.

He's a match winner, great skill and a hard worker- he'll get better and better towards the end of the season.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Don't believe work rate is an issue, pace might be. 

Best player in the team against Hamilton, still has a role but maybe bit part against teams sitting in

5 minutes ago, H2 said:

He's a match winner, great skill and a hard worker- he'll get better and better towards the end of the season.

Aye, cool. Hope so. Far from convinced.

heatonjambo
4 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

Walker has been totally overatted his entire career. He was very promising from a young age but because of his attitude, workrate and injuries his career has gone backwards. He was never good enough to make it down South but cant blame him for trying.

He is still a decent player to have in the squad though and if he is in the right midset, can make an impact coming off the bench.

Spot on

Was a bit out of sorts last night, did well Against Hamilton, wasn't keen on bringing him back in first place but wont right him off just yet

annushorribilis III
41 minutes ago, H2 said:

Wind yer neck in. 

Time will tell.

If you really look at the Hibs goal Dikamona is isolated in the left back position v Horgan and Hickey doesn't even come onto the screen. Walker may well have lost possession but there was a lot of other things wrong that were much more relevant as to reasons for losing that goal. 

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Still in the squad so Stendel must still think he can contribute. 

Or he feels he doesn't have any better options at the moment.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Or he feels he doesn't have any better options at the moment.

That could be said for virtually all of the squad. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

That could be said for virtually all of the squad. 

I suppose we will find out the answer to that in the summer when we see what he does in the transfer market budget permitting.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I suppose we will find out the answer to that in the summer when we see what he does in the transfer market budget permitting.

We will indeed, if he’s still manager. 

24 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Wind yer neck in. 

Time will tell.

😄:greggy::clyay::robboyas:

You got one thing right, time will tell.