Walker - Past His Play-By Date

Tasavallan

The Hibs goals last night showcased why Jamie Walker is no longer Premiership class.  Hearts were pressing, he got the ball on left side of Hibs' box.  He dallied with the ball, tried to beat 3 players, lost it and let Hibs start a counter attack with the Hearts' players stranded pressing in the Hibs' half.  

Trying to live of nostalgic knees.  Will never start again with talent like Moore/Nicholson coming through from the Academy. Yet he has a contract to Summer of '22.   

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• luckyBatistuta

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not his best. Didn't get into the pace of the game. 

But he did well in other games notably Kilmarnock and Falkirk. 

Still a key player. 

davemclaren
Just now, Tasavallan said:

The Hibs goals last night showcased why Jamie Walker is no longer Premiership class.  Hearts were pressing, he got the ball on left side of Hibs' box.  He dallied with the ball, tried to beat 3 players, lost it and let Hibs start a counter attack with the Hearts' players stranded pressing in the Hibs' half.  

Trying to live of nostalgic knees.  Will never start again with talent like Moore/Nicholson coming through from the Academy. Yet he has a contract to Summer of '22.   

Still in the squad so Stendel must still think he can contribute. 

Got caught in possession a couple of times when a simple out ball was there.

Did the flick to give the ball to Hickey in the lead up to the third though.

4 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

i agree even templeton is miles better

5 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Hibs goals? 

Can folk no just enjoy a derby win? 

Hard game to make an impact as a sub......

But Walker is on borrowed time at Hearts. Doesn’t have pace, energy or stamina to play at this level anymore.

Wasn't great when he came on but it is very difficult to get up to speed off the bench in a derby. Likewise I thought Naisy struggled off the bench as well.

Not going to criticise him too much. Showed enough in  his last couple of performances to indicate that he is willing to knuckle down and contribute

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Hibs goals? 

Yip.

Nonsense.

Couple of dodgy moments but contributed to a great victory. Will contribute lots more in the future.

Walker isnt going to be a regular in this team I think and I dont see what he brings to a team even before his injury, he is very very inconsistent.

Edited by Jamboelite

12 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Got caught in possession a couple of times when a simple out ball was there.

Did the flick to give the ball to Hickey in the lead up to the third though.

I didn’t think there were out balls available. That was the problem. Most of the team were blowing big time by the time he came on and a couple of times he got possession no-one showed for a pass. 

14 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Your opinion is wrong. 

He will start again, and I've got till 2022 to say "I told you so", but I suspect it will be over the next month that it happens.

Dallas Green
18 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

That's just not true, is it?

Naismith played the pass behind him, which was difficult to control. He then tried to play a ball through to Hickey that got blocked. This all happened about 35 yards from goal out on the left. There was opportunity to defend after that pass was blocked.

He never dallied or tried to take on 3 hibs players neither were Hearts players stranded in hibs half. There were 7 Hearts players in the box when hibs scored.

Edited by Dallas Green

Just now, soonbe110 said:

He tracked back and put in a great block tackle at 3-1. Something Moore had struggled to do all night. 

Yip.

We_are_the_Hearts
20 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Hibs goals? Nicholson? Go have a lie doon mate.

20 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Who is Nicholson? Sorry if that's a stupid question. I don't have a great handle on the youth team right now.

28 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Nicholson.  Who dat

Walker has been totally overatted his entire career. He was very promising from a young age but because of his attitude, workrate and injuries his career has gone backwards. He was never good enough to make it down South but cant blame him for trying.

He is still a decent player to have in the squad though and if he is in the right midset, can make an impact coming off the bench.

jack D and coke
Just now, Miko said:

Wasn't great when he came on but it is very difficult to get up to speed off the bench in a derby. Likewise I thought Naisy struggled off the bench as well.

Not going to criticise him too much. Showed enough in  his last couple of performances to indicate that he is willing to knuckle down and contribute

This. 
Quite why people have threads singling out players after a great win I don’t know. 
This place at times man....

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51afca014060860882ea7

bigsuperslim1874
26 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Walker recently has shown he CAN be a useful player - if it wasn’t for him then it’s unlikely we would have got a point vs Accies.

Stendel himself as spoken warmly of Walker so I don’t see why folk can’t get past the nonsense of when he left. It was crap behaviour agreed but it’s done now. Let’s be honest, if Stendel didn’t think he was useful, he’d be getting no game time - just ask Uche or Berra.

Folk have been desperate to write him off for years.  Maybe not a starter at the moment, but a player with the ability to knick a goal from nothing - therefore valuable.  Not heard of Nicholson.

A_A wehatethehibs

Hasn’t been a great season for him with a broken leg, but there’s still time for him to chip in with a couple of goals. His eye for goal is his main selling point as a player. Tactical wise he doesn’t strike me as a Stendell player so we’ll see next season,  he might be spending a lot of time on the bench. 

15 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Who is Nicholson? Sorry if that's a stupid question. I don't have a great handle on the youth team right now.

🤷 Daytime drinking I think.

bajthejambo

Hibs got at break with the way the ball spun off Halkett and into the box. That effort probably would have went wide too. I wasn't happy Walker gave away the ball, but it's hardly his fault it resulted in a goal. 

Great night last night.

Got to find something to moan about.

Checks random player-to-complain-about-generator-algorithm. Stops at Jamie Walker. Moan, moan, moan.

FWIW We all know what Walker can do. We all want that to happen again. Let's get right behind the lad.

Kickback's all very well at times. But can anyone recommend a good Hearts SUPPORTERS website?

I think he's a decent versatile player who is worth keeping around. I dont see who he replaces or battles with to win a place in the first choice 11 though. The thought probably doesnt enter his head to scream and fight for a place and give the manager a choice to make. Strikes me as  laid back laddie who hasnt got that drive you need to really make it

Walker had 3 touches in a row not long after he came on losing possession 3 times. He definitely looked poor the whole time he was on.

Edited by mitch41

Why the **** is there this desperation to hammer our players.

Can't pick on the starting 11 so let's filter down to the subs.

:rofl:

it's pathetic. 

Hungry hippo
29 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

Folk are so fickle. Walker has been among our best players in recent weeks and pushing for a start.

Totally agree. Was trying to add a bit of composure but was caught out a couple times. Would be crazy to base anything more on that.

Ex member of the SaS

TBF I expected more when he came on, expected him to be buzzing and run riot,  but not going to write him off as he still has enough to be in the squad. Thought the whole team battled well and played the better football through out the game, a well deserved win and lets kick on from two great wins.

Great, another chance to pish  on our own players. Let’s list a few of the players deemed not good enough for Hearts lately. Halkett, Dikamona, Bozanic (guilty of that), Damour, Clare, Washington. All of these in the last few months. 

Surely we can have a go at Boyce, Naismith and Hickey and we’ll have a full house of pish.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Hibs goals? 

Nope, always got to be criticism of someone, however good a result we've just had. It's the jkb way!

ArcticJambo

It certainly wasn't a game where you hold onto the ball for long. Sometimes it takes a while to read the game and get into it, and especially if you come on as a sub.

Brauhauser2012

As others have said elsewhere, a lot of our players are improving under the new coaching regime and there is no reason to think that Walker can't find form once again as he's still young enough at 26. Look at Michael Smith, a lot older at 31 but plenty of energy still.

1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

Yeah walker was to blame for goal but you have to remember he just came on and game was that fast no sub got up to speed off game 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I didn’t think there were out balls available. That was the problem. Most of the team were blowing big time by the time he came on and a couple of times he got possession no-one showed for a pass. 

Ok.

Thought there was a player or two in the vicinity.