Washington’s goal from the Hibs end - mass evacuation

colinmaroon

Guest ToqueJambo

The whole result should be massive but the biggest bonus is maybe him scoring. His all round play as a support striker has been good in most games he plays but he needed a goal more than any other Hearts player.

Edited by ToqueJambo

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff

• maroonshrew

• HMFC01

• Seaside jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe my favourite part was the mass evacuation!

I would like to thank Hearts for emptying the stadium and making us safer in the current Pandemic :)

been here before

Funnily enough I took this picture just after Washingtons goal. 10 minutes plus whatever added on to go and....

20200303_232700.jpg.41d77cf5d23702f962236e8254e9c722.jpg

... like snow off the proverbial dyke.

6 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

What a roar. Felt even better in our end though 

Certainly did. I also liked how we cheered the Hibs goal louder than they did 😆

Edited by been here before

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Funnily enough I took this picture just after Washingtons goal. 10 minutes plus whatever added on to go and....

20200303_232700.jpg.41d77cf5d23702f962236e8254e9c722.jpg

... like snow off the proverbial dyke.

Certainly did. I also liked how we cheered the Hibs goal louder than they did 😆

Tremendous performance BHB. Don’t want to sound greedy but we tore them a new one and let them off with just 3. I loved the victory but I couldn’t help feeling slightly miffed that we didn’t get 5. Roll on the semi 

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

I had a feeling that someone unexpected would score tonight. I thought it would’ve been Moore though.

Did your grand daughter enjoy her first game tonight itj ?

wattie exploited
3 hours ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Lineman and ref both within 10 feet with a clear view. 

Bent or incompetent, its one or the other and no other reason

total joke that he never even got booked never mind sent off but am sure he will get a 2 game ban :rifle:

Shocking behaviour towards a fellow professional; no complaints from me whatsoever if he get put up in the air by once of players in the future 

3 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Absolute scumbag who better get pulled for that at a later date. Intentionally stamping on someone's spine, the most hibs thing ever. Scum to a man. 

Very dangerous stamping on someone’s spine/neck area could have 

cost life changing injuries 

No idea why he's not got a thread to himself (unless I've missed it).

Don't think I've ever seen workrate like that from a forward. Clever runs stretching their defence all over the place and pressing their defenders and keeper right to the death. Handmade to play in Stendel's team. Perfect foil for Boyce, who unfortunately didn't look ready for the game but 100% effort nonetheless.

Took his chance at the end brilliantly and topped off what was for me, a motm performance. Although difficult to give it to anyone I think he pipped it with his goal. 

Different class Connor. More of the same please.

Dallas Green

100%

I'm glad he got his goal but he brings so much more to the team with his running and pressing.

Chuffed for the lad.

i was saying to myself if hes an international and cani bury a shot fae 10 yards out get hendo back in but luckily he scored and shut me up

unluckily though had 3-1 and 4-1 naisy cost me xtra

jack D and coke
12 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

He played very well tonight and on Saturday. I wish he’d score more but if he puts in performances like the last two then I can live with others scoring. He’s a very unselfish player and think he needs to be looking for the shot more than the pass at times. Good player though. 

There was a chance in the second half down the right hand side where he delayed and looked for a pass when I wish he’d just have had a lash at it and went for goal. Marciano was off his line he could’ve went for the lob too.
Thoroughly deserved his goal I’m chuffed for him he worked his bolloks off last night. 

12 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

There was a chance in the second half down the right hand side where he delayed and looked for a pass when I wish he’d just have had a lash at it and went for goal. Marciano was off his line he could’ve went for the lob too.
Thoroughly deserved his goal I’m chuffed for him he worked his bolloks off last night. 

I had same thought at the time.  I have noticed that he does tend to look for the pass rather than take on the keeper himself.  As has been said already, very TT-esque in his play.

27 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Was that the one he didn’t see Clare as he tried to square to Boz? 

If so and to be fair, I’m sure he was still outside the box?  He probably rushed the pass because he hit Clare.  Another look and he may have delayed it.  

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Was that the one he didn’t see Clare as he tried to square to Boz? 

If so and to be fair, I’m sure he was still outside the box?  He probably rushed the pass because he hit Clare.  Another look and he may have delayed it.  

Can’t remember exactly but somone dispossessed a hibs player and it broke to him and he looked for the pass when I felt he could’ve had a wee selfish moment and had a lash at it. I suppose you could look at it another way and say I had the benefit of seeing that there wasn’t really anything behind him but he’s one player you’d never really have an issue with having a pop. He doesn’t do it enough. Grafter though💪🏼An extremely fit lad too it seems. 

Liked the wee glance up along the line to see if he should go himself or lay it on a plate for another player. Sounds simple and what you would expect of any forward, but so many just charge forwards with the blinkers on nowadays. At our level anyway.

John Gentleman
13 hours ago, iantjambo said:

I had a feeling that someone unexpected would score tonight. I thought it would’ve been Moore though.

I thought Halkett. Saving it up for the semi I hopes.

Brick Tamland

Whilst it was a great team performance last night I thought Washington was different class. 
He constantly ran at them and didn’t let them settle, his off the ball runs had them all over the place, he showed some really quality link play and held the ball up well when required last night and I’m delighted that he is showing us what he can do, I though he could have taken a chance earlier to lob/volley it over their keeper but watching it on the highlights a flat bounce of the ball prevented him taking the shot. Absolute peach of a goal and hopefully more to come from him. 

kingantti1874

He does, said before and will say again - he’s very like Stephen Elliott.. hope the goal last night will spit him on.. 

great performance and made a massive contribution 

Washington has been the catalyst for our change in fortune. Those players around him are now taking the lead from him. Note the subtle emergence of both Bozanic and Damour. In turn the defence is now playing its part in tightening up at the back and clearing their lines in a more emphatic way. Onwards and Upwards

13 hours ago, maroonshrew said:

I said similar to friends. He's such a likeable player but before you know it he's Played 10, scored 0 but he's worked so hard and run so much. I do wonder if he takes that strike at 0-0 or if a second player emerges. So glad he did though, hopefully he grows in confidence for that clinical element to his game 

Think his first goal for us was back in August so not sure how you get to played10 scored 0? He also scored at Parkhead. Played 10 scored 3 is decent esp with four months out injured included in that. 

12 hours ago, sadj said:

He has an incredible shots on target percentage 

Yep, mid 80’%’s. Very impressive 

Glencoejambo
2 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

100%

I'm glad he got his goal but he brings so much more to the team with his running and pressing.

Chuffed for the lad.

Delighted for Washington.

Has put in a power of work last few games and the goal will boost his confidence!

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, mid 80’%’s. Very impressive 

Team percentage under Stendel is around 60% iirc. Thats just as impressive. 

Francis Albert

Odd thread title. Pleasing though the Hibbies reaction was.

Edited by Francis Albert

Washington has an unbelievable engine on him.

Hes quick but he’s as quick after 90 mins as he is at the start. This on top of the ground he covers.

Cant quiet remember any Hearts player having his incredible fitness levels?

The stats for goals scored in last 10 mins of matches must surely increase with him in the side.

maroonshrew
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Think his first goal for us was back in August so not sure how you get to played10 scored 0? He also scored at Parkhead. Played 10 scored 3 is decent esp with four months out injured included in that. 

Oh sorry, I didn't mean his actual stats. I just mean he's one of those players who could perform well in a string of games, work hard, do well, allow others to score and easily end up with those sort of stats as he has done in the past. 

Although, having looked he has gone on a 12 game run with no goals for us so I wasn't spouting nonsense. Amazingly, he's played 20 times for us this season. 

maroonshrew
3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Washington has an unbelievable engine on him.

Hes quick but he’s as quick after 90 mins as he is at the start. This on top of the ground he covers.

Cant quiet remember any Hearts player having his incredible fitness levels?

The stats for goals scored in last 10 mins of matches must surely increase with him in the side.

Interesting point that, be good to know if that's true. You're right too, he is incredibly fit. Time at a club like Sheff Utd will help with that. He will have come to us with work ethic and good fitness levels. 

Ex member of the SaS

At the Hibs goal when Horgan ( I think ) has a strike, there is a Hibs player right in the center of the goal and a yard offside. Comes back on when the ball goes in but surely the flag should have gone up as he was interfering with play.

3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

At the Hibs goal when Horgan ( I think ) has a strike, there is a Hibs player right in the center of the goal and a yard offside. Comes back on when the ball goes in but surely the flag should have gone up as he was interfering with his sister?

FTFY 👍

Ex member of the SaS
6 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Correct, even at his goal he was desperately looking round for a team mate to pass to. Thought he had fecked it up and was jumping when it went in. Gives everything for the team but just needs a wee bit more self belief to go for it when in front of goal.