Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Suso Santana

• Morgan

• Bazzas right boot

annushorribilis III
23 minutes ago, Badonde said:

Enjoy 😆

5.38 when the steward goes past - "****ing sit oan yer erse hen !!". 

niblick1874
12 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Oh my giddy aunt. That goal really was that good.

The second goal was the classic Stendel press goal. 

6 players in and around the box, the defence not knowing what is coming next. 

28 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

"After we did it against The Rangers." I know it's just a lost in translation thing, but :rofl:

jambostuart

What a performance. Naismith celebrating when not on the pitch. Players taking the game forward and harassing Hibs. Keep that up and we will stay up. 

After all the shite performances and the media with their bile about Stendel we have pulled out the bag. Apathy to pride in two results. Let's push on

Oh and FTH! 

I'm just watching the game on catch up, it's incredible how often they said before the game that this is highly likely to be the last league derby of the season.

:Aye:

4 hours ago, busby1985 said:

That hibs midfield will run all over the top of ours. Disappointed Naismith isn’t playing, league more important than the cup IMO. Hibs defence is awful, that’s my only glimmer of hope. Not to be a negative nelly but Hibs 3-Hearts 1. 

Worth reflecting on why that didn't happen. Maybe we'll get some analysis. 

This is a start

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-are-back-composed-clare-damour-and-bozanic-three-takeaways-huge-3-1-win-over-hibs-2056178

1 minute ago, Kyle1874 said:

All the talk about Docherty and I can’t remember seeing him touch the ball once 

He is getting slaughtered on .net as is Allen and Ross and well all of them

jambostuart

Such pride to turn up like that. Two great goals and a very well placed pen. 

Each player to a man fought to a man. Complete opposite to stendels first derby. It's clear the players are playing for the manager here

Pancho from the Flats

What a fantastic performance to a man. So pleased for Washington to get his goal. I know he’s a number 9 so will be judged on goals, but the amount of intelligent runs he made tonight were fantastic, and he chased down everything. That was as complete a team performance as I’ve seen for a very, very long time.

Buzzing!

Edited by Pancho from the Flats

Franksluckypants
1 hour ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Quote from .net, this is how we like our hibees.........

Listen we will all go for a good bevvy and day out in Glasgow for the Semi, but anyone who thinks we will beat them on the day are delusional. 

Even if we won tonight there’s no way we beat them. When they need to win against Hibs they do. It’s been that way for as long as I have supported Hibs. I would have rather had Rangers in the semi. 

I’d imagine much like 2006 there will be huge numbers after tonight who aren’t fancying that. They will get there big bounce out of it and sell it out. We will have big gaps. Woeful.

I am so so parochial, but that gives me almost as much joy as the result tonight...almost!

Beaten before we play them next! 

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Very happy to be wrong. They stepped up and controlled it. Buzzing. 

Franksluckypants
1 hour ago, thee jambo said:

Great result but one thing bothers me.

Are the McGinn family inbred as feck.

Giving mutants a bad name since 1990. 

TBF he might get a Scotland cap fairly soon to get a world’s first of playing in the same team as his brother and his father!

Jambo in Japan

When you're in desperate need of three points, thank god your derby rivals are hibs.

Smashed them.

19 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

'let's get pished...'

Tru dat!!! Oh what a night😘😊👏👏👏

30 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

This guy is brilliant. Remember he did the Hearts v Rangers league game. 

He was at Celtic v Copenhagen, then Watford v Liverpool and the Belgrade Derby all this week. 

Great pieces he does.. 

48 minutes ago, trotter said:

"After we did it against The Rangers." I know it's just a lost in translation thing, but :rofl:

He's been told out history and what the club means to us and what we did to save it. Prior to Saturday he'll have been told how the huns did nothing and let their club die hence they're now called The Rangers.

Nothing was lost in translation, he knew what he was saying. 😄😉

John Findlay
1 hour ago, jambostuart said:

Such pride to turn up like that. Two great goals and a very well placed pen. 

Each player to a man fought to a man. Complete opposite to stendels first derby. It's clear the players are playing for the manager here

It really wasn't. I said at the time. Hibs got lucky on boxing day from two Hearts mistakes. They didnt offer anything boxing day either or tonight. Only tonight we took three of the chances we created.

jambostuart
8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

It really wasn't. I said at the time. Hibs got lucky on boxing day from two Hearts mistakes. They didnt offer anything boxing day either or tonight. Only tonight we took three of the chances we created.

Fair play, each to their own. I felt first half at Tynie, we were terrible and only flattered to deceive by Hibs taking their foot off the gas second half.

Tonight we were patient and always seemed to be building up momentum, putting in good tackles and going forward well. Seemed a totally different performance. 

jambostuart
32 minutes ago, Coolio said:

He's been told out history and what the club means to us and what we did to save it. Prior to Saturday he'll have been told how the huns did nothing and let their club die hence they're now called The Rangers.

Nothing was lost in translation, he knew what he was saying. 😄😉

This. The Rangers and the wee team. Never let them forget.

J.T.F.Robertson
4 hours ago, Gizmo said:

What a pen - unsaveable. 

Could have done without the stutter run-up.

Arthur Morgan
24 minutes ago, jambostuart said:

Fair play, each to their own. I felt first half at Tynie, we were terrible and only flattered to deceive by Hibs taking their foot off the gas second half.

Tonight we were patient and always seemed to be building up momentum, putting in good tackles and going forward well. Seemed a totally different performance. 

First half, yes, but honestly we dominated them in the 2nd half that day but had no finishers on the pitch, we had multiple chances and I don't think Hibs had another shot that half. 

jambostuart
1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

First half, yes, but honestly we dominated them in the 2nd half that day but had no finishers on the pitch, we had multiple chances and I don't think Hibs had another shot that half. 

Different game at 2-0 up though. Although I agree about finishers being the difference. The injuries at the time were horrendous.

What is interesting is many on here bleat about our recruitment but I think we always had the players, which levein deserves credit for, but we never had the manager to get their potential out

39 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Could have done without the stutter run-up.

🤨#confused

You are usual pretty intelligent. Thats Clare’s style and he uses it to get the goalie to sell himself. 

J.T.F.Robertson
13 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤨#confused

You are usual pretty intelligent. Thats Clare’s style and he uses it to get the goalie to sell himself. 

Maybe so, but makes me even more nervous than I already am.

So long as it keeps working.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Listen we will all go for a good bevvy and day out in Glasgow for the Semi, but anyone who thinks we will beat them on the day are delusional. 

Even if we won tonight there’s no way we beat them. When they need to win against Hibs they do. It’s been that way for as long as I have supported Hibs. I would have rather had Rangers in the semi. 

I’d imagine much like 2006 there will be huge numbers after tonight who aren’t fancying that. They will get there big bounce out of it and sell it out. We will have big gaps. Woeful.

Exactly, they were on twitter saying Hampden is better than Murrayfield because it’s the day out etc, no you ****ing Hibs ***** it’s about winning and lording it over your loser neighbours for as long as you live.

42 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Maybe so, but makes me even more nervous than I already am.

So long as it keeps working.

Fair enough 😂😂

alicante jambo

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss just got the score get in ya fecking beauty. I genuinly knew we could beat these tramps we just had to believe in ourselves. Now onto checking all the threads and hopefully there is highlights. GIVE ME AN H.

Well done on the lads who had the drum btw, thought it really contributed to the atmosphere and was actually in time with the songs for once.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It might sound like pure hindsight but when I got up this morning I didn't feel nervous at all with regard to this game. In fact, I felt more nervous about the Hamilton game. That shows how impressive that win over Sevco was.

Now let's make it 3 on the bounce and get some consistency at last!

Frankfurter
6 hours ago, trotter said:

German for "The Rangers" is "Die Rangers". 😎

What a night. Great performance and a fantastic support. Watching the sheer joy of the players running towards our stand to take the applause. Hibs players and support skulking off as usual. Absolutely brilliant.

How satisfying to wake up having beaten 'the most dangerous team in the country' (according to EEN),   and having rammed their smug, superiority attitude up their arse. 😊😊😊😊

Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

Did I hear right that they announced 21k at the game?

It was a sell-out, 20,197.

Some of them must have had a premonition as the opposite stand had a few no shows !

Midloth_Iain

Hearts remaining fixtures

Rangers H
Hibs A
Rangers H
Hibs A
Rangers H
Hibs A
Rangers H
Hibs A

19 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Did I hear right that they announced 21k at the game?

Yes.  22,200.  Largely thanks to Hearts selling out 3,800 tickets before we beat rangers and while we were bottom of the league.

If the situation was reversed, lucky if they would have had 1,200 at Tynecastle.  Fabulous support.

highlandjambo3
1 minute ago, Boab said:

It was a sell-out, 20,197.

Some of them must have had a premonition as the opposite stand had a few no shows !

I assume the person that announced the attendance was one of the people on the keatings panel appeal..........failed to look at the facts in front of them I.e large patches of empty seats and, just announced festers capacity. 

alicante jambo

3 points last night and dare i say it but hopefully sevco hammer hamilton and stmirren get beat. Still think we can.catch county too. Just need 2 or 3 wins.

8 hours ago, sadj said:

I hope so , hes a quality player

Washington's goal was real class. Two passes from our box and a fabulous finish from a fairly tight angle.

Sorry Bozzie thought your goal was only second best, but only just!!!!!

9 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

That is beautiful. 

And true.