2 FROM 3?

Henroddy

10 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

So do I.  I'm certain we will finish better than 10th.  Dont think it's willful thinking either.  Dont think the others will have players of the calibre of Smith, SN, Boyce, Wasington.

Alas the other 2 teams haven't had players of the calibre you mention all season. Yet here we are

3 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

I think we should just concentrate on catching the team above us and see where that takes us.  TBH I would take a play off right this minute.  

This. Some on here think it is possible to catch Ross County. Im not sure we have won 2 league games in a row all season. So where are we suddenly going to pick up the wins needed to do this? Plus they are bound to win a few more

3 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

Alas the other 2 teams haven't had players of the calibre you mention all season. Yet here we are

We all know if things don't improve we're going down, but I do think we've got most potential for improvement out of our rivals at the bottom.

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

We have 6 games before the Split:

Hibs away, Motherwell at home, Livi away, Ross County at home, Aberdeen away, and then a re-arranged game away to St Mirren. 

Not the easiest run, but we've been so horrendous this season, it doesn't really matter who we've got.  One saving grace is we don't have to play either of the Uglies again this season, but both Hamilton and St Mirren have at least 1 Old Firm game each, and some top 6 teams left to play, so we can hope they drop points in at least half their games, but if they drop any points, we need to be winning our fixtures when they do.  We pretty much have to win at least 3 of our games in order to not be in the bottom 2 spots come the Split. 

Maroon tinted glasses firmly on, but the home tie against Ross County is winnable, and a trip to Pittodrie who are looking even more rank than us has some hope, especially given they're one of the only teams we've been able to beat this season.  St Mirren are piling up fixtures, so hopefully that can be used to our advantage (and tbh, if we can't beat St Mirren, we really don't deserve to stay in the league.  We always raise our game against Hibs, who have been scoring goals, but that just papers over their powderpuff defence, so I'd be hopeful of taking at least a point there.

We're lucky, in a round-about way,  that we'll be bottom 6 post-Split, as it gives us a potential 15 points to play for against the supposed weaker sides in the league.

We are 2 points behind Hamilton with a game in hand.  Things will very quickly change, even with just a couple of wins, but man are we leaving it late to do it.

I don't quite get the logic of the highlighted part. If we were top 6 post split, then we would be completely safe from relegation anyway?

38 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We all know if things don't improve we're going down, but I do think we've got most potential for improvement out of our rivals at the bottom.

We must take something from hibs , and Aberdeen,    and motherwell at tyney,  these  games we need 5points at least, or we will be going down,

11 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

I don't quite get the logic of the highlighted part. If we were top 6 post split, then we would be completely safe from relegation anyway?

I think he means that without a split we might have been facing top 6 teams in our last 5 games not that we are lucky to be in the bottom 6.

5 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

We must take something from hibs , and Aberdeen,    and motherwell at tyney,  these  games we need 5points at least, or we will be going down,

We need as much as we can get of course but it's not that cut and dried, we could miss that target and still beast the post split games. The more the merrier of course, but those are when we really get to the Must Takes.

Like many, quite a while ago I felt we’d be well in this fight deep into the split games. 

I still think this. Even with a mini good run the others could still be close by the time the split starts. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Maybe, lucky that Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Motherwell and Livingston are not in the fight with us? 

I don't know, just trying to make some sense of it :lol:

Just now, Smithee said:

We need as much as we can get of course but it's not that cut and dried, we could miss that target and still beast the post split games. The more the merrier of course, but those are when we really get to the Must Takes.

Yip. Can’t see the other two in the bottom three taking too much before the split.

This will go to the wire and be decided in the 5 games post-split.

In a strange way it will be exciting !

:unsure:

2 hours ago, lewis2006 said:

We are easily the worst team in the league and the results back that up. 

We 100% deserve to get relegated and I fully expect us to.

We don't 100% deserve to be relegated, yet! You deserve to finish where you finish after all games have been played. 

There are still plenty of points to play for. Maybe if we had lost to Hamilton I'd be really concerned, but I'll see where we are come the split before I start panicking. 

I don't think we will be relegated, if that means winning the play off then so be it. 

At least we have something to play for 🙈

Edited by tokyowalnut

Psychedelicropcircle

Whilst hearts do have their woes I’m hardly sitting here thinking that Hamilton or St Liedoon are gonna go on a run & cut us adrift.

10 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Give me one valid reason why we will?

A belief that we have a run of good results in us based on the players we have and goals that are now in the team. True, we're conceding them at the other end but we have to believe we'll do what's necessary. 

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

FTFY!

I wanted to reply but I couldn't find a frowny picture of Bob Mortimer anywhere - this is the closest I could find

flute.png

1 hour ago, Cut The Crap said:

Yeah, sorry, I meant at least the league has a split for teams at the bottom, which helps in our situation. It's "lucky" that we don't have to play teams like Celtic and Rangers when we need points to stay up.   I did say "a round-about way" :lol:

1 hour ago, graygo said:

I think he means that without a split we might have been facing top 6 teams in our last 5 games not that we are lucky to be in the bottom 6.

:spoton:

58 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Maybe, lucky that Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Motherwell and Livingston are not in the fight with us? 

I don't know, just trying to make some sense of it :lol:

Made a bit of an arse of it, but see above! :lol:

We all acknowledge that we are in trouble just now but there ARE reasons to be hopeful. 

St Mirren still have both old firm sides to play and have some tough away fixtures too.

Hamilton play Rangers next and have a few key players out too.

There are some massive games coming up but It is still all in our own hands so if we can cut out the errors and the team can give us some 90 minute performances I really think we can do it but we must all get right behind the team.

Looking at the probable bottom 6 fixtures after the split there is going to be a few clubs unhappy (which happens nearly every year). The main factor should always be that every team has 19 home games and 19 away as that is what all clubs budget on, so if the bottom 6 stays as it is just now, then after the current round of fixtures are completed each team will have the following amount of home fixtures still to play to ensure 19 home games in the season.

HAMILTON, KILMARNOCK & ST JOHNSTONE - 2 HOME GAMES

ROSS COUNTY, ST MIRREN & HEARTS - 3 HOME GAMES 

Problem is that some teams have played other teams in the bottom 6 twice away already so they will naturally want the fourth fixture at home so they can play each team twice home and away but this isn’t going to be possible.

We have already played Ross County, Hamilton and Kilmarnock twice at home this season.

Similarly Ross County have played St Johnstone, St Mirren and Hamilton twice at home.

So for us and Ross County to get 3 home games after the split (to ensure all teams get 19 home games) we will both need to play a team for a third time at home.

We would play Kilmarnock for a third time at home and Ross County would play Hamilton a third time at home. If these are the two games that are changed then every other bottom 6 team has 19 home games and play their nearest rivals twice home and away.

So here is how I see the bottom 6 fixtures working out, the order of the weeks will obviously vary but can’t see the fixtures being much different as that would mean some teams getting 20 home games and some only 18.

WEEK  1 - HMFC V ST JOHNSTONE / ST MIRREN V ROSS COUNTY  / KILMARNOCK V HAMILTON

WEEK  2 - ROSS COUNTY v HMFC / HAMILTON v ST JOHNSTONE  / ST MIRREN V KILMARNOCK

WEEK  3 - HAMILTON V HMFC  / ROSS COUNTY V KILMARNOCK / ST JOHNSTONE V ST MIRREN

WEEK  4 -  HMFC V KILMARNOCK  / ST JOHNSTONE v ROSS COUNTY / ST MIRREN V HAMILTON

WEEK 5 - HMFC V ST MIRREN  / ROSS COUNTY V HAMILTON / KILMARNOCK V ST JOHNSTONE

If Hibs or Livingston dropped into the bottom six then we would play them at home instead of Kilmarnock or St Johnstone so it wouldn’t affect our other fixtures. We should get 3 home games after the split whatever happens.

MON THE FAMOUS!!

3 minutes ago, tamanov said:

We all acknowledge that we are in trouble just now but there ARE reasons to be hopeful. 

St Mirren still have both old firm sides to play and have some tough away fixtures too.

Hamilton play Rangers next and have a few key players out too.

There are some massive games coming up but It is still all in our own hands so if we can cut out the errors and the team can give us some 90 minute performances I really think we can do it but we must all get right behind the team.

Looking at the probable bottom 6 fixtures after the split there is going to be a few clubs unhappy (which happens nearly every year). The main factor should always be that every team has 19 home games and 19 away as that is what all clubs budget on, so if the bottom 6 stays as it is just now, then after the current round of fixtures are completed each team will have the following amount of home fixtures still to play to ensure 19 home games in the season.

HAMILTON, KILMARNOCK & ST JOHNSTONE - 2 HOME GAMES

ROSS COUNTY, ST MIRREN & HEARTS - 3 HOME GAMES 

Problem is that some teams have played other teams in the bottom 6 twice away already so they will naturally want the fourth fixture at home so they can play each team twice home and away but this isn’t going to be possible.

We have already played Ross County, Hamilton and Kilmarnock twice at home this season.

Similarly Ross County have played St Johnstone, St Mirren and Hamilton twice at home.

So for us and Ross County to get 3 home games after the split (to ensure all teams get 19 home games) we will both need to play a team for a third time at home.

We would play Kilmarnock for a third time at home and Ross County would play Hamilton a third time at home. If these are the two games that are changed then every other bottom 6 team has 19 home games and play their nearest rivals twice home and away.

So here is how I see the bottom 6 fixtures working out, the order of the weeks will obviously vary but can’t see the fixtures being much different as that would mean some teams getting 20 home games and some only 18.

WEEK  1 - HMFC V ST JOHNSTONE / ST MIRREN V ROSS COUNTY  / KILMARNOCK V HAMILTON

WEEK  2 - ROSS COUNTY v HMFC / HAMILTON v ST JOHNSTONE  / ST MIRREN V KILMARNOCK

WEEK  3 - HAMILTON V HMFC  / ROSS COUNTY V KILMARNOCK / ST JOHNSTONE V ST MIRREN

WEEK  4 -  HMFC V KILMARNOCK  / ST JOHNSTONE v ROSS COUNTY / ST MIRREN V HAMILTON

WEEK 5 - HMFC V ST MIRREN  / ROSS COUNTY V HAMILTON / KILMARNOCK V ST JOHNSTONE

If Hibs or Livingston dropped into the bottom six then we would play them at home instead of Kilmarnock or St Johnstone so it wouldn’t affect our other fixtures. We should get 3 home games after the split whatever happens.

MON THE FAMOUS!!

I'm not reading all that.

Summarise it for me - Are we staying up?