“An Easy Ride...”

busby1985

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Many posters compare everything Hearts to hibs.

Some times there can be 4 or 5 threads about hibs on the go. 

So yes, if the other team is shitter it somehow deflects from the persons own teams shortcomings. 

Likewise if the other team is flying, the fans of the team not doing so well will get irrate much quicker. 

For example 

If we were 4th and Hibs 6th most Hearts fans would be happy. 

If we were 3rd and Hibs second, we'd be generally disappointed. 

Right now I'd be happy with being above Hamilton. 

Tragic. 

This.  

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• busby1985

• August Landmesser

• Jamhammer

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Many posters compare everything Hearts to hibs.

Some times there can be 4 or 5 threads about hibs on the go. 

So yes, if the other team is shitter it somehow deflects from the persons own teams shortcomings. 

Likewise if the other team is flying, the fans of the team not doing so well will get irrate much quicker. 

For example 

If we were 4th and Hibs 6th most Hearts fans would be happy. 

If we were 3rd and Hibs second, we'd be generally disappointed. 

Right now I'd be happy with being above Hamilton. 

Tragic. 

Don’t disagree with anything you’ve posted. Is it this mentality tho, ultimately, that sees us fail to win cups etc? Like if hibs go out in round one and we go out round two, it’s still a success cause we got to laugh at hibs? 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Don’t disagree with anything you’ve posted. Is it this mentality tho, ultimately, that sees us fail to win cups etc? Like if hibs go out in round one and we go out round two, it’s still a success cause we got to laugh at hibs? 

Yes, I think it has held us back. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yes, I think it has held us back. 

Like if you genuinely never seen a league table and spoke to a hibs fan or anyone in the media, you’d think they were 3rd, or 2nd behind Celtic. That was the point my mate was making. He thinks that people are ignoring their obvious short comings purely because we are so bad. If or when we turn things round they will only have theirselves to blame for failing to really capitalise on us being a shambles. Just before anyone starts pilling on, they are miles ahead of us as it stands but they should and could be further. 

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Season after they won the cup.  We’ve not had a better season then they ***** since 2015 man.  We used to be better than them every single season apart from a fluke.  They sacked their manager for being shite, lost a derby at home and are still about 15 points ahead of us I hope we conspire to ram them next week and stop them making top six, make some decent derby cash and win three out of four, best that’s going to come of our season. 

I’ve been a Hearts fan since 1983. In that time we have owned them and won the SC on THREE separate occasions horsing them by 4 clear goals twice at the national stadium including in a final.

Its all relative. I’m not pissing me pants about finishing below them for four years.

I am pissing me pants about us AND West Ham being relegated this season

August Landmesser
10 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Strange strange thread.  I can’t remember the last time we had a better season than them.  Shows how much that ***** Levein ran us into the ground. 

Last season when we got to the cup final, various recent seasons when they were stuck in the Championship and we weren't, that season when we skooshed the Championship with them in it, that season when we were both relegated but we actually earned more points than them, that season when we pumped them 5-1 in a cup final, all those seasons they didn't even beat us, that season when we won the cup and they got relegated.

Struggling to remember alright...

1 hour ago, Uche said:

Form table has them in 3rd past 5 games and 5th past 10.  They have improved.

Only one table counts though 

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Last season when we got to the cup final, various recent seasons when they were stuck in the Championship and we weren't, that season when we skooshed the Championship with them in it, that season when we were both relegated but we actually earned more points than them, that season when we pumped them 5-1 in a cup final, all those seasons they didn't even beat us, that season when we won the cup and they got relegated.

How did we have a better season than them last season?!

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Fozzy, every season we are Heart of Midlothian and they are Hibernian we're better than them. 👍

August Landmesser
7 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We got to the Scottish Cup final. 

Is that not better than finishing 5th or wherever they managed?

It's a good point. I think there is an element of settling to be worse than the Glasgow lot, provided you're better than the other Edinburgh club. Although that's always been more pushed by Hibs fans, but I do think it's rife in our fanbase atm. Personally, as much as I love beating Hibs at everything, I couldn't really give a **** about what they're upto. They'll finish above us again, it means nothing to me, as long as Hearts are okay.

10 hours ago, Uche said:

Form table has them in 3rd past 5 games and 5th past 10.  They have improved.

Hibs I know basically say they've improved since Stinky bottom left but basically have gone from really really shite to just really shite.

Their form points wise mainly ill-gotten as far as results they largely didn't deserve. I only really watch us so wouldn't hugely know but that's what a couple of lost soul pals have been saying (whilst laughing their cocks off at Hearts!)

But then fair play, if you have Boyle, Allan, McNulty and Docherty creating goals when the team is playing poorly you'll get some points I suppose.

Interesting point on the loan culture. We seem to get battered every time we get someone on loan but Hibs have relied - to their detriment - on a short termist loan strategy for years with little said about it.

Edited by TheBigO

luckyBatistuta
21 hours ago, busby1985 said:

😂😂

E77BE8EE-2DD9-497C-9B39-A11ECEFFF5F1.jpeg

CE0C0B82-2C70-4030-95B3-4A5FA27317F0.jpeg

7815CFC8-449D-445B-B8BE-6ECDA760F7A4.jpeg

Geez, how many spoons did that boy in the bottom corner burn before the game. 

11 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Last season they where miles ahead of us, again.  The only season they stuck in the championship they won the cup.  The last time we had a better season we skooshed the championship in 2015.  That’s a long time ago. 

August Landmesser
8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Last season they where miles ahead of us, again.  The only season they stuck in the championship they won the cup.  The last time we had a better season we skooshed the championship in 2015.  That’s a long time ago. 

Four years is not a long time ago.

Calebs Grandad
On 23/02/2020 at 09:05, busby1985 said:

....not that kind of ride 👀

My hibs supporting friend (Sadly I have one) said to me yesterday after their game that he felt Hibs get a bit of an easy ride due to the fact that Hearts are a bit of shambles just now. Says he thinks there is no pressure due to our situation. Finished 4th under Lennon (should’ve been second but bottled it), then 5th (only 3 points ahead of us) and now sitting 6th with as much points between finishing 8th as there is finishing 3rd. The example he used was that after yesterday’s game, if Hearts had been above Hibs in the league rather than below them, fans wouldn’t be happy with the performance. Last minute winner vs Hamilton at home, draws with St Mirren and Livingston etc at home. He said that when they are good, they are really good but when they aren’t, they are awful. Also not happy with the loan culture at the club and developing other teams “stars”. Docherty looking like another Scott Allen situation, great for 4 months then away back to his club, same with McNulty. 

So here’s a question. Do both sets of fans allow a culture of allowing their team to decline as long as they don’t decline worse than the other? Is bragging rights really more important than tangible success? Watched videos of Hibs fans on the train home singing about “mind the gap” between 12th and 6th, like it’s anything to be proud of really. We are guilty of the same. 

I’d agree with this. Good mate of mine is Hibs and it’s always been discussed on a weekly basis ‘us and your lot’ with this season seeing many references to our dire situation although he will point out their weaknesses too. If the situation was reversed it’s safe to say we would be enjoying their predicament no doubt. 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

No denying we have been on a downward spiral since Levein gained control of all first team affairs. I’d argue that Hibs have also been on a bit of a decline, all be it, not to the same extent as us. Lennon was two games away from finishing 2nd with Hibs. They finished 4th and the following season finished 5th. As it stands they are sitting 6th and are the same amount of points off 9th as they are off 3rd. Most of their best players are loanees, as they are most seasons. I don’t think any Hearts fan would argue they aren’t miles ahead of us, my point is more about how their outlook always seems based on how we are doing. I think that stance holds both clubs back. 

Just now, busby1985 said:

No denying we have been on a downward spiral since Levein gained control of all first team affairs. I’d argue that Hibs have also been on a bit of a decline, all be it, not to the same extent as us. Lennon was two games away from finishing 2nd with Hibs. They finished 4th and the following season finished 5th. As it stands they are sitting 6th and are the same amount of points off 9th as they are off 3rd. Most of their best players are loanees, as they are most seasons. I don’t think any Hearts fan would argue they aren’t miles ahead of us, my point is more about how their outlook always seems based on how we are doing. I think that stance holds both clubs back. 

Yeah I would agree with all of that.  My way of thinking at the start of the season is though: Finish 3rd or 4th,  win a cup  (losing even in the final isn’t any sort of success) then finish above Hibs.  They probably see it the same and having seen us ahead of them the majority of their lives I can see why they take that as achievement.  They are definitely going backwards though and I would even say we have better players.  Makes the situation here even more farcical.

Just now, Last Laff said:

Yeah I would agree with all of that.  My way of thinking at the start of the season is though: Finish 3rd or 4th,  win a cup  (losing even in the final isn’t any sort of success) then finish above Hibs.  They probably see it the same and having seen us ahead of them the majority of their lives I can see why they take that as achievement.  They are definitely going backwards though and I would even say we have better players.  Makes the situation here even more farcical.

Our squad is the 3rd best in the country.........on paper, that isn’t even an argument. The holiday camp mentality has them playing like the worst squad in the country. I really just hope we get this season over with and the clear out of Levein, MacPhee and the likes can begin. I know you have your doubts about the manager, and rightly so, but I genuinely believe if we can get out this season still in the league (a sentence I never thought I’d have to say as a Jambo) we will be flying next year. I know we have lived off that culture for 4 years now but I genuinely believe it. We have a manager with a clear plan and a manager that gets on the training pitch. A full pre season and getting players in to play his system whilst clearing the decks of the dross, am positive he’ll be a success. 

5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Our squad is the 3rd best in the country.........on paper, that isn’t even an argument. The holiday camp mentality has them playing like the worst squad in the country. I really just hope we get this season over with and the clear out of Levein, MacPhee and the likes can begin. I know you have your doubts about the manager, and rightly so, but I genuinely believe if we can get out this season still in the league (a sentence I never thought I’d have to say as a Jambo) we will be flying next year. I know we have lived off that culture for 4 years now but I genuinely believe it. We have a manager with a clear plan and a manager that gets on the training pitch. A full pre season and getting players in to play his system whilst clearing the decks of the dross, am positive he’ll be a success. 

Again, I’m in full agreement with you mate.  My concern is getting out of this situation but if we do I’m confident the manager will be a success next season and confident next season could be a belter.  Top post btw. 

22 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Four years is not a long time ago.

Aye it is when is usually the norm every season and we sit bottom of the league about 15 points behind them.  

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Again, I’m in full agreement with you mate.  My concern is getting out of this situation but if we do I’m confident the manager will be a success next season and confident next season could be a belter.  Top post btw. 

Sad state of affairs eh talking about avoiding relegation as a jambo, something I thought died with my dads generation. Hopefully this season acts as a warning for everyone about never allowing the standards to drop again. 

40 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

3 points. We beat them at the piggery, they beat us at Tyney and we drew twice. Aye miles ahead of us. This season I'll give ya. Last season, nah

August Landmesser
29 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Aye it is when is usually the norm every season and we sit bottom of the league about 15 points behind them.  

You really want to talk about 'the norm' in competition between Us and Them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh_derby#Results_and_records

"Hearts have the better record in derbies, with 142 wins to 86 wins by Hibs in 324 matches played in the three main Scottish competitions. There have been 649 Edinburgh derbies to date, meaning that about half of all derbies have been played in other competitions and friendlies. Including these other fixtures, Hearts have won 284 derbies and Hibs have won 206."

6 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

You really want to talk about 'the norm' in competition between Us and Them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh_derby#Results_and_records

"Hearts have the better record in derbies, with 142 wins to 86 wins by Hibs in 324 matches played in the three main Scottish competitions. There have been 649 Edinburgh derbies to date, meaning that about half of all derbies have been played in other competitions and friendlies. Including these other fixtures, Hearts have won 284 derbies and Hibs have won 206."

Im not sure what point you are trying to make?  Four years is a long time with such a superior derby record. 

portobellojambo1
On 23/02/2020 at 09:05, busby1985 said:

....not that kind of ride 👀

My hibs supporting friend (Sadly I have one) said to me yesterday after their game that he felt Hibs get a bit of an easy ride due to the fact that Hearts are a bit of shambles just now. Says he thinks there is no pressure due to our situation. Finished 4th under Lennon (should’ve been second but bottled it), then 5th (only 3 points ahead of us) and now sitting 6th with as much points between finishing 8th as there is finishing 3rd. The example he used was that after yesterday’s game, if Hearts had been above Hibs in the league rather than below them, fans wouldn’t be happy with the performance. Last minute winner vs Hamilton at home, draws with St Mirren and Livingston etc at home. He said that when they are good, they are really good but when they aren’t, they are awful. Also not happy with the loan culture at the club and developing other teams “stars”. Docherty looking like another Scott Allen situation, great for 4 months then away back to his club, same with McNulty. 

So here’s a question. Do both sets of fans allow a culture of allowing their team to decline as long as they don’t decline worse than the other? Is bragging rights really more important than tangible success? Watched videos of Hibs fans on the train home singing about “mind the gap” between 12th and 6th, like it’s anything to be proud of really. We are guilty of the same. 

Simple answer to that is yes, but not all HMFC fans feel like that, just those who haven't yet worked out that results against Hibs attract the same points options as results against every other side in the league.

Edited by portobellojambo1

August Landmesser
5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Im not sure what point you are trying to make?  Four years is a long time with such a superior derby record. 

I wouldn't call it a superior derby record; they've won a few, we've won a few, there's been a few draws. 

It's the best they've done for a while, but that's by their pitifully low standards. Remember they practically had the open-top bus out for seven or eight derbies unbeaten in a row? 

If our league positions had been reversed over the past few years, I wouldn't be calling our last four years especially superior - particularly if we'd spent three of those years in the Championship. 

Their model is too bring in a manager see what he can do, if he's shite fire him and move onto the next one, just try to avoid relegation - everything else is a bonus. I see no long term thinking at Hibs and never have. I firmly believe Lennon would still be there if they had pushed the boat out a bit and backed him and he may have done a job at keeping them near the top. Fortunately they didn't and as a result he lost the plot and the whole thing went breasts south! In comes Heckinbottom, didn't work so fired followed by Jack who will keep them around 5th and that'll keep them happy so long as its "flare" football, undoubtedly he'll have a bad season and he'll be booted for the next mediocre messiah! 

We on the other had have grand ambitions for the club, see ourselves as the 3rd force in Scotland which has financially ruined us in the past and now we cannot match that ambition on the pitch despite our strong financial position as we allowed (not for the first time) a individual with an over inflated ego to have far too say in the running of the club.

I know which roller coaster I'd rather be on and its the one running from Tynecastle!

What's this pish about them being obsessed with us or us with them?

Course I'm ****ing obsessed with them, isn't that the point of a rivalry?!

7 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Please show me this superior derby record in the last 4 seasons. So far this season it stands at one win each. You are talking out your arse.

16 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Please show me this superior derby record in the last 4 seasons. So far this season it stands at one win each. You are talking out your arse.

They have finished above us the past four seasons.  That’s the stat that matters.  It’s piss poor. 

Or with one win each, is Celtic not better than Rangers this season?  Man Utd better than City? 

Edited by Last Laff

7 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Their model is too bring in a manager see what he can do, if he's shite fire him and move onto the next one, just try to avoid relegation - everything else is a bonus. I see no long term thinking at Hibs and never have. I firmly believe Lennon would still be there if they had pushed the boat out a bit and backed him and he may have done a job at keeping them near the top. Fortunately they didn't and as a result he lost the plot and the whole thing went breasts south! In comes Heckinbottom, didn't work so fired followed by Jack who will keep them around 5th and that'll keep them happy so long as its "flare" football, undoubtedly he'll have a bad season and he'll be booted for the next mediocre messiah! 

We on the other had have grand ambitions for the club, see ourselves as the 3rd force in Scotland which has financially ruined us in the past and now we cannot match that ambition on the pitch despite our strong financial position as we allowed (not for the first time) a individual with an over inflated ego to have far too say in the running of the club.

I know which roller coaster I'd rather be on and its the one running from Tynecastle!

What are these grand ambitions? I can’t even remember the last time hearts finished ahead of Aberdeen yet people rip McInness on here strangely. 

They have finished above us the past four seasons.  That’s the stat that matters.  It’s piss poor. 

Or with one win each, is Celtic not better than Rangers this season?  Man Utd better than City? 

It’s not a superior derby record though chief and it wasn’t last year either. You’re a strange kinda Hearts fan bumming Hibs up and with a memory that only seems to go back four years to boot. Whatever floats yer boat I suppose.

Edited by Jamhammer

What are these grand ambitions? I can’t even remember the last time hearts finished ahead of Aberdeen yet people rip McInness on here strangely. 

Well the last owner promised us the champions league, now that was grand ambition.

46 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

It’s not a superior derby record though chief and it wasn’t last year either. You’re a strange kinda Hearts fan bumming Hibs up and with a memory that only seems to go back four years to boot. Whatever floats yer boat I suppose.

I said it’s shocking they have finished above us four years considering our superior historical derby record.  

5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Well the last owner promised us the champions league, now that was grand ambition.

True.  Happened too but. (Qualifying not winning it).  That was good enough for me.  

Edited by Last Laff

6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I said it’s shocking they have finished above us four years considering our superior historical derby record.  

Ah misunderstood but you also said they were miles ahead of us last year. They weren’t unless you think 3 points and an identical derby record is miles ahead

August Landmesser
17 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

That's not what you said.

2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

You stated derby superiority, stop backtracking as you realised you were talking guff.

3 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

That's not what you said.

look back and quote me then.  It was I said.  I said for a club with a superior derby record, they’re our bitches over the years four years is shocking.  Look back to all my previous posts. 

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

You stated derby superiority, stop backtracking as you realised you were talking guff.

no I didn’t.  Check back again :lol: I said we have derby superiority pal.  They have had better seasons than us since 2015 though.  And that again is ducking criminal and no excuse should be made. 

58 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I miss easy rides. 

The days before being married. 

you’re off ignore.  Very under estimated poster now since Levein got punted.  Good job and I’m sorry if I ever offended you. 

10 hours ago, Last Laff said:

no I didn’t.  Check back again :lol: I said we have derby superiority pal.  They have had better seasons than us since 2015 though.  And that again is ducking criminal and no excuse should be made. 

You're full of shit.