Fury Wilder Fight.

HUFF PUFF

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

40lb is nothing for a guy that size. :lol:  He weighs 212lbs FFS.

I wonder how long he had it on for? Must have been walking around in it for hours beforehand for it to have had an effect like he's claiming. It's 18 kilos, spread over his body...he's either at it or completely deluded about how he lost.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phage

• ri Alban

• Cruyff

• jack D and coke

12 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Another one bites the dust 🤪

If only I hadn't spent my time and energy putting on that elaborate costume for my walk from my kitchen to the computer, I would have been able to post before you!

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

40lb is nothing for a guy that size. :lol:  He weighs 212lbs FFS.

Indeed. It's like me carrying my rucksack on my back onto the stage and then complaining that it's done my legs in. :D

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Desperate stuff from Wilder.

He’ll take a third fight for the money because after that he’s done. The guy basically has a big right hand.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

If only I hadn't spent my time and energy putting on that elaborate costume for my walk from my kitchen to the computer, I would have been able to post before you!

😄

6 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Desperate stuff from Wilder.

He’ll take a third fight for the money because after that he’s done. The guy basically has a big right hand.

Agree.

IMO there are now 4 levels of Heavyweights 

Level 1 - Fury on his own.

Level 2 - AJ, Usyk,Whyte, Ruiz & Parker -  all decent technical ability, can punch and also adapt 

Level 3 - Dubois, Maybe Joyce, Hunter - up and comings guys

Level 4 - Wilder, Povetkin, Ortiz - past it /old on the down slope.

Wilder will invoke the trilogy contractual option IMO.

Edited by Fourcandles

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, Fourcandles said:

Agree.

Level 2 - AJ, Usyk,Whyte, Ruiz & Parker -  all decent technical ability, can punch and also adapt 

The AJ fight will be interesting I really hope they can sort it and get it on this year. 
He can box much more than Wilder. He tends to blow after a 5-6 rounds but certainly looked to have became more disciplined in second Ruiz fight. He’d need to bulk up again but he’s a big lad anyway so shouldn’t be too much problem for him. 
Id probably say Fury favourite but a fight id really look forward to. 

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Fourcandles said:

Agree.

Dubois allegedly heavily dropped AJ twice in sparring ahead of the firstcRuiz fight. 

Wilder, before Fury fight - "I am the baddest man on the planet"

Wilder, after the furt fight "my costume was too heavy"

scott herbertson
4 hours ago, Fourcandles said:

Agree.

Good discussion points there

I would say

Level 1                        Fury - can be no disagreement now - only man unbeaten and has beaten two longstanding world champs

Level 2                        Joshua and Wilder - have beaten all but the young up and comers on that list between - only one career defeat each, both world champs who have defended their titles

Level 3                       Whyte, Usyk  - both good records and have potential to beat the level 2s 

Level 4                        Parker (was outclassed by Joshua, beaten by Whyte),Ruiz - one really good fight but questions over Joshua that night, beaten by Parker) Ortiz -beating Wiilder both times but caught with the big one - would be higher but for age) Winner of Dubois/ Joyce, , Kownacki (beaten Martin and Washington by KO)

Level 5                       Povetkin, Hunter, Pulev 

AJ level 2 :rofl: For the sake of his health, stick to the hand picked punch bags. His deluded fanboys will still pay to watch, just be careful one of them doesn't knock you out in sparring or in the fight. Level 2 :rofl: Stick to bodybuilding.

Edited by ri Alban

scott herbertson
7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

AJ level 2 :rofl: For the sake of his health, stick to the hand picked punch bags. His deluded fanboys will still pay to watch, just be careful one of them doesn't knock you out in sparring or in the fight. Level 2 :rofl: Stick to bodybuilding.

Holder of three of the four world title belts, which he took in the ring against their holders

Ring Magazine ranks him No.1 behind their Champ, Fury, and AJ has beaten the no 2, 7 and is avenged his one defeat (against the no.5)

So yes, Level 2.

8 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Holder of three of the four world title belts, which he took in the ring against their holders

Ring Magazine ranks him No.1 behind their Champ, Fury, and AJ has beaten the no 2, 7 and is avenged his one defeat (against the no.5)

So yes, Level 2.

For all the ducking and diving labelled at AJ as well he has fought higher ranked guys than Wilder apart from Fury and let's be honest in Wilder's mind he thought he was going to be fighting a washed up

bum in Fury in the first fight that's why he took it.

Fury beats AJ but I think a Wilder AJ fight could go either way 

Edited by vegas-voss

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

For all the ducking and diving labelled at AJ as well he has fought higher ranked guys than Wilder apart from Fury and let's be honest in Wilder's mind he thought he was going to be fighting a washed up

bum in Fury in the first fight that's why he took it.

Fury beats AJ but I think a Wilder AJ fight could go either way 

I don’t think you can predict boxing that easily tbh. I’d agree at this moment Fury appears favourite but boxing is all about styles and Fury said it himself that every fighter has a bogeyman, it’s just a matter of whether you end up fighting yours. 
AJ has had his confidence shattered losing to Ruiz but I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that Fury beats AJ tbh. 
It’s a fight I really hope happens. Fury needs to ride the crest of this wave.  He can have another 3 fights, like he said he wants and put it all to bed. 

Edited by jack D and coke

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t think you can predict boxing that easily tbh. I’d agree at this moment Fury appears favourite but boxing is all about styles and Fury said it himself that every fighter has a bogeyman, it’s just a matter of whether you end up fighting yours. 
AJ has had his confidence shattered losing to Ruiz but I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that Fury bears AJ tbh. 
It’s a fight I really hope happens. Fury needs to ride the crest of this wave.  He can have another 3 fights, like he said he wants and put it all to bed. 

Whatever happens they have both had great careers and made a shit ton of money.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Whatever happens they have both had great careers and made a shit ton of money.

Defo mate.
Can’t imagine there being too many times ever again where British heavyweights will hold all the belts.

Bizarre to me that there appears no real deal Americans at this weight atm. 

scott herbertson
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Defo mate.
Can’t imagine there being too many times ever again where British heavyweights will hold all the belts.

Bizarre to me that there appears no real deal Americans at this weight atm. 

There is also Whyte, Chisora, Dubois and Joyce

We've "never had it so good", as Macmillan said

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

The Whyte Chisora fights are as good as anything I’ve seen for many a year too, outstanding stuff, two big guys that really love to fight. 
They’re not too far behind the main protagonists imo. Dubois is going to be interesting one to follow too. Got the size and the power. Can he mix with the big boys though? 

Fury

AJ

Whyte

Wilder

Ruiz

Parker

Povetkin

Ortiz

Pulev

Kownacki

In that order. 

Usyk shouldn't be near that list until he's fought and beaten at least one of them. 

Next fights should be, 

AJ v Fury 

Whyte v Wilder, winner faces the loser of AJ v Fury before any rematch nonsense. Winner of that fights the Champ. 

If Fury keeps training, keeps Andy Lee & Sugar Hill and gets even fitter. No one is beating him. 

6 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

:rofl:'Never had so good' 'How shite is heavyweight boxing' more like. A collection of bums. Except for Tyson Fury, but he said something bad back in the day, so gets no credit. Maybe he should have robbed people instead. It worked for another, as the Media and his fanboys seem to have amnesia.

17 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

So yes, Level 2.

AJ beat Vlad, who was well past it, but still put him on his arse. And then beat an even fatter Ruiz, who he lost to. (His only Pro defeat, Whyte beat him at Amateurs)

Anyway, The Heavyweights are pure apart from the top two, who'll have their trilogy fight in August/September. As for AJ, he can fight the next doorman in line for the least prestigious titles. Tyson Fury owns the ones that matter, and those titles AJ has, Tyso didn't lose in the ring.  So in fact, Tyson is the Undisputed Champion of the World.

The End!

Edited by ri Alban

6 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

The Whyte Chisora fights are as good as anything I’ve seen for many a year too, outstanding stuff, two big guys that really love to fight. 
They’re not too far behind the main protagonists imo. Dubois is going to be interesting one to follow too. Got the size and the power. Can he mix with the big boys though? 

Chisora :rofl:I like Derek, but :rofl:

jack D and coke
48 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Chisora :rofl:I like Derek, but :rofl:

Chisora is a different fighter from a few years ago. He’s lost a lot of timber and he’s a man who likes to scrap, I like to watch guys like him. He isn’t afraid to get into a tear up and risk being KO’d. Give me a Derek Chisora fight over most tbh. I didn’t say he was a great boxer but he’s decent, he’s lost too many to ever be more than a journeyman now. A dangerous one though. 
And anyone who’s watched the two fights with Whyte can’t say they weren’t crackers. 
You really should be throwing your hat into the ring cos everyone is a bum to you man :lol: 

33 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Chisora is a different fighter from a few years ago. He’s lost a lot of timber and he’s a man who likes to scrap, I like to watch guys like him. He isn’t afraid to get into a tear up and risk being KO’d. Give me a Derek Chisora fight over most tbh. I didn’t say he was a great boxer but he’s decent, he’s lost too many to ever be more than a journeyman now. A dangerous one though. 
And anyone who’s watched the two fights with Whyte can’t say they weren’t crackers. 
You really should be throwing your hat into the ring cos everyone is a bum to you man :lol: 

I just see things differently. Lennox,Ike and Evander are real class fighters, compared to these bums. And anyway I'm too auld now, they'd probably take me the distance. And I can't be bothered with that now. Oh and I've the flu, so I they might get a draw. 👍

Edited by ri Alban

37 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I saw two guys fight outside a pub. It helped they had no skill, but  good entertainment all the the same 👍

Edited by ri Alban

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I just see things differently. Lennox,Ike and Evander are real class fighters, compared to these bums. And anyway I'm too auld now, they'd probably take me the distance. And I can't be bothered with that now. Oh and I've the flu, so I they might get a draw. 👍

I think we all know none of the current mob would stand a chance with them. Beside the point I was making really. The dearth of the real deal Americans at heavyweight I find bizarre too atm. 
I didn’t really rate Wladimir Klitchsco that highly (Vitaly was the better one imo) and I don’t think AJ is all that but that was an entertaining fight they had I enjoyed it. Chisora and Whyte are two guys who i don’t think are top rung of the ladder but they bring it everytime. Their fights ain’t dull. 
Whyte worked his way up from nothing too, no trainers or promoters at one time I’ve got a bit respect for that. 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I think we all know none of the current mob would stand a chance with them. Beside the point I was making really. The dearth of the real deal Americans at heavyweight I find bizarre too atm. 
I didn’t really rate Wladimir Klitchsco that highly (Vitaly was the better one imo) and I don’t think AJ is all that but that was an entertaining fight they had I enjoyed it. Chisora and Whyte are two guys who i don’t think are top rung of the ladder but they bring it everytime. Their fights ain’t dull. 
Whyte worked his way up from nothing too, no trainers or promoters at one time I’ve got a bit respect for that. 

More chances to succeed now in America. Who would want to fight for a living if you can play American football, plus the UFC has put boxing ( It's own fault,  politically) in the background, now.

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

More chances to succeed now in America. Who would want to fight for a living if you can play American football, plus the UFC has put boxing ( It's own fault,  politically) in the background, now.

No it hasn't lol

Boxing is still the far bigger and more watched sport than the UFC 

It is like comparing football and Rugby. The latter will.never reach the popularity of the other because it just doesnt appeal to the Masses. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

No it hasn't lol

It is like comparing football and Rugby. The latter will.never reach the popularity of the other because it just doesnt appeal to the Masses. 

Boxing is a far superior sport to UFC. I tried to like UFC but found it a bit shit in all honesty. 

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

No it hasn't lol

Boxing is still far bigger stupid to say other wise as it has about a hundred years start.It is safe to say that boxing ppv numbers are declining though apart from the superfights and that it struggles to sell out arenas where UFC pretty much sells out all is shows ppv varies a lot though from 100k - 4m it's safe to say that both depend on the casual fans to make huge numbers for ppv though.

22 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Settle down gramps. Not sure if youre trolling or have just lost the plot. 

UFC hasnt put boxing in the background at all. Let me know when UFC catches up in PPV money and fan numbers.

As for your NFL v Boxing nonsense, why would you swap a career in a sport where you *might* end up with a brain disease with one that you *probably* will. The NFL is about 5000x harder to get into than boxing and is currently under the cosh for all the retired cabbages its caused. 

13 hours ago, The Brow said:

Settle down gramps. Not sure if youre trolling or have just lost the plot. 

UFC hasnt put boxing in the background at all. Let me know when UFC catches up in PPV money and fan numbers.

As for your NFL v Boxing nonsense, why would you swap a career in a sport where you *might* end up with a brain disease with one that you *probably* will. The NFL is about 5000x harder to get into than boxing and is currently under the cosh for all the retired cabbages its caused. 

It's doing a lot better than you think.It also sells out every arena it is held in.

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-50-best-selling-pay-per-view-events-boxing-ufc-wrestling-tv-history-2017-8

Edited by vegas-voss

On 27/02/2020 at 04:38, ri Alban said:

:rofl:'Never had so good' 'How shite is heavyweight boxing' more like. A collection of bums. Except for Tyson Fury, but he said something bad back in the day, so gets no credit. Maybe he should have robbed people instead. It worked for another, as the Media and his fanboys seem to have amnesia.

Tyson Fury is a drugs cheat.

In any other sport he would be tainted forever but not boxing it seems.

5 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Tyson Fury is a drugs cheat.

In any other sport he would be tainted forever but not boxing it seems.

Every single sport has drug cheats and very few are banned forever

30 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Every single sport has drug cheats and very few are banned forever

True but it's hardly mentioned with Fury, same with Canelo.

Just think he gets an easier pass on it than in other sports.

Anyway,  derailing the thread a bit.

4 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

It's doing a lot better than you think.It also sells out every arena it is held in.

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-50-best-selling-pay-per-view-events-boxing-ufc-wrestling-tv-history-2017-8

aye thats not in dispute - its definitely on the rise. Personally I dont care much for it but  if it makes boxing clean up its act and force people to actually fight each other instead of hiding behind differrent promotions and tv deals then thats great. They definitely know how to promote and put on a show - fair play. 

Boxing is still ahead though and our resident William Wallace was talking mince. 

10 hours ago, The Brow said:

aye thats not in dispute - its definitely on the rise. Personally I dont care much for it but  if it makes boxing clean up its act and force people to actually fight each other instead of hiding behind differrent promotions and tv deals then thats great. They definitely know how to promote and put on a show - fair play. 

Boxing is still ahead though and our resident William Wallace was talking mince. 

Not sure it's on the rise. UFC probably peaked 10 years ago and it's certainly a distant second in UK.

16 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Not sure it's on the rise. UFC probably peaked 10 years ago and it's certainly a distant second in UK.

BT certainly are not helping UFC in the UK.Hardly anybody will be paying for those ppv shows they now do as it's not a model that works that well in the UK.To say it peaked 10 years ago is nonsense though.

I don't know why they have to be seen as competing with each other though both different sports and both have there good and bad nights of viewing.

12 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

BT certainly are not helping UFC in the UK.Hardly anybody will be paying for those ppv shows they now do as it's not a model that works that well in the UK.To say it peaked 10 years ago is nonsense though.

I don't know why they have to be seen as competing with each other though both different sports and both have there good and bad nights of viewing.

Take McGregor out the equation and the biggest ppv was 2009 (UFC 100) and Brock Lesnar. 

8 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Take McGregor out the equation and the biggest ppv was 2009 (UFC 100) and Brock Lesnar. 

Take Floyd out of boxing and it's pretty much the same.

Khabib v Ferguson coming up in April is a mega fight.

17 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Take Floyd out of boxing and it's pretty much the same.

Khabib v Ferguson coming up in April is a mega fight.

Fury Wilder did 1.2m buys. No chance Khabib Fergusion does that.

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Fury Wilder did 1.2m buys. No chance Khabib Fergusion does that.

You won't even know cause UFC signed a huge deal with ESPN subscription service.

To be honest though the Heavyweight Championship of the world always used to draw huge numbers and it's great it's now back to being the big draw in combat sports.

Edit - it's also a huge deal that probably screws more money out of fighters and into UFC coffers though.

Edited by vegas-voss

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, JackLadd said:

I’d have to agree. McGregor is a twat but he’s the only real draw in it. I watch it now and again but tend to end up seeing the wrestling grappling fights and I can’t be arsed with them. 
Boxing pisses on it for me. 

• 8 months later...

I haven't seen a new thread, so apologies if I missed it, but the latest utterances from Wilder are absolutely nuts.  Glove tampering, Fury had an egg weight in his glove, Wilder's water was spiked and he suspects Mark Breland of being responsible for it.  The guy is completely delusional.

How many excuses does he need, when the truth is he was outboxed in the first fight and very lucky to get a draw, then was battered silly in the rematch, and only Breland throwing in the towel saved him from potentially serious damage.

Also, he says Tyson owes him a rematch because he gave Tyson a rematch when he had a better offer to fight AJ, this after continually claiming that AJ was ducking him.  That's the problem when you tell lies, you need to remember the lies you told so you don't end up tripping yourself up.

4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I haven't seen a new thread, so apologies if I missed it, but the latest utterances from Wilder are absolutely nuts.  Glove tampering, Fury had an egg weight in his glove, Wilder's water was spiked and he suspects Mark Breland of being responsible for it.  The guy is completely delusional.

How many excuses does he need, when the truth is he was outboxed in the first fight and very lucky to get a draw, then was battered silly in the rematch, and only Breland throwing in the towel saved him from potentially serious damage.

Also, he says Tyson owes him a rematch because he gave Tyson a rematch when he had a better offer to fight AJ, this after continually claiming that AJ was ducking him.  That's the problem when you tell lies, you need to remember the lies you told so you don't end up tripping yourself up.

The guy believed his own hype. Was fed bums his whole career and beat them due to a freakish big punch. Before fighting fury he almost got beat by Ortiz who looks like he is about 50. The first real boxer he faced. A half fit Tyson Fury should have won the first fight on points but was robbed. A fully fit Fury was only going to go one way and that ended up with Wilders face rearranged. He should be thanking Breland.  

56 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

The guy believed his own hype. Was fed bums his whole career and beat them due to a freakish big punch. Before fighting fury he almost got beat by Ortiz who looks like he is about 50. The first real boxer he faced. A half fit Tyson Fury should have won the first fight on points but was robbed. A fully fit Fury was only going to go one way and that ended up with Wilders face rearranged. He should be thanking Breland.  

I agree.  His handlers did a great job in picking the right opponents to build up a hype about Wilder which was undeserved, but which he bought into.  He was surrounded by yes men and believed he could just knock out anyone he came up about.  Nobody was pointing out his limitations and attempting to address them.

He only fought Fury first time around because his people believed Fury was washed up, but as a former unified world champion would be a good name on Wilder's CV, and a far less risky fight than Joshua.  When Wilder got his lucky draw, his people obviously thought that a rematch was a safer fight than taking on Joshua, which has now been proven after Wilder admitted he turned down a more lucrative fight with Joshua to have the rematch with Fury.

I firmly believe that the seeds of Fury's comprehensive win in the rematch were sown in the 12th round of the first fight.  After Fury incredibly managed to got back up off the canvass, he dominated the rest of that round, and realised that Wilder couldn't fight on the back foot.

In the first fight, Fury fought more defensively and his strategy was to keep Wilder moving from side to side, to prevent him from planting his feet and getting off a big punch, but Wilder managed to land two knockdown blows.  In the second fight, he just walked Wilder down, knowing he couldn't cope with boxing on the back foot, and having a much heavier opponent just rag dolling him whenever they got into a clinch.

Even now, it's clear that nobody in Wilders camp is attempting to address his limitations, instead just sucking up to his Bronze Bomber persona and letting him believe that he was somehow cheated out of the title.  In many ways, Wilder is the Hibs of heavyweight boxing, always cheated, never defeated. 

jack D and coke
9 hours ago, RobNox said:

I agree.  His handlers did a great job in picking the right opponents to build up a hype about Wilder which was undeserved, but which he bought into.  He was surrounded by yes men and believed he could just knock out anyone he came up about.  Nobody was pointing out his limitations and attempting to address them.

He only fought Fury first time around because his people believed Fury was washed up, but as a former unified world champion would be a good name on Wilder's CV, and a far less risky fight than Joshua.  When Wilder got his lucky draw, his people obviously thought that a rematch was a safer fight than taking on Joshua, which has now been proven after Wilder admitted he turned down a more lucrative fight with Joshua to have the rematch with Fury.

I firmly believe that the seeds of Fury's comprehensive win in the rematch were sown in the 12th round of the first fight.  After Fury incredibly managed to got back up off the canvass, he dominated the rest of that round, and realised that Wilder couldn't fight on the back foot.

In the first fight, Fury fought more defensively and his strategy was to keep Wilder moving from side to side, to prevent him from planting his feet and getting off a big punch, but Wilder managed to land two knockdown blows.  In the second fight, he just walked Wilder down, knowing he couldn't cope with boxing on the back foot, and having a much heavier opponent just rag dolling him whenever they got into a clinch.

Even now, it's clear that nobody in Wilders camp is attempting to address his limitations, instead just sucking up to his Bronze Bomber persona and letting him believe that he was somehow cheated out of the title.  In many ways, Wilder is the Hibs of heavyweight boxing, always cheated, never defeated. 

Agree with all that mate. I’d honestly like to see Wilder fight Dillain Whyte or even Chisora, I think he’d be in trouble against both of them in all honesty. AJ, Usyk, Povetkin, Parker I honestly don’t think he’d beat any of them yet was allowed to shout that hilarious bomb squad pish. He KO’d some utter bums was all. 
The guy is a *****.