• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phage

• ri Alban

• Cruyff

• jack D and coke

Nelly Terraces

Great to wake up & hear Fury won this convincingly. To come from the depths of where he was only a few years ago to where he is now is an amazing achievement. Fair play to the fella.

Plus it's always good to see a Brit flatten a gobby ceptic tank - especially on their own turf.:biggrin2:

Just watched it (recorded it).  I don’t consider myself to be a huge boxing fan or know much about it, but that for me (by a distance) was probably the best performance you’ll ever see from a British boxer.  Unreal.  That was a master class. 

I remember (stupidly) wanting Wilder to win the first fight because Fury was getting on my tits, but massive respect due for that effort this morning.  It’s actually quite frightening to imagine how good Fury could be if he stays in shape physically and mentally.  Probably the most in-ring intelligent boxer we’ve ever produced.  

Will be next year before we see Fury v AJ. Actually think usynk might be the dark horse but I reckon fury will be too big for him. 

Some performance by Fury.

That ear injury clearly badly affected Wilder. I've had an inner ear infection before that was horrendous for my balance. I felt like I was on a boat sailing on choppy waters constantly and vomited frequently. If the ear damage Wilder had even caused 10% of the effect of what I experienced with the ear infection, he had absolutely no chance. 

kingantti1874
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

First round.

nonsense 😂 fury will probably win, but AJ is a far better boxer than Wilder.. and also has the power.. 

jack D and coke

Quite an untidy fight though I thought. Fury just used his weight and bulk and really bullied Wilder. An extra 3 stone must’ve told on Wilder. 
A good but not great performance. 
Hopefully Joshua fight is next. 

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Some performance by Fury.

That ear injury clearly badly affected Wilder. I've had an inner ear infection before that was horrendous for my balance. I felt like I was on a boat sailing on choppy waters constantly and vomited frequently. If the ear damage Wilder had even caused 10% of the effect of what I experienced with the ear infection, he had absolutely no chance. 

Wilder looked drunk after the second round. It was reported he was bleeding from his ear... 

WTF,  surly that's a clear sign of a bleed in the brain? 

Imo, fight should have been stopped after the second round.

14 minutes ago, jumpship said:

Wilder looked drunk after the second round. It was reported he was bleeding from his ear... 

WTF,  surly that's a clear sign of a bleed in the brain? 

Imo, fight should have been stopped after the second round.

Clear sign of a burst eardrum I reckon.

19 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Quite an untidy fight though I thought. Fury just used his weight and bulk and really bullied Wilder. An extra 3 stone must’ve told on Wilder. 

Same, he pushed his size and power in Wilder's face from the first bell, he didn't have an answer.

43 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Never thought fury had that type of bully boy fighting tactic in him. He horsed wilder around the ring like a ragdoll last night. Obviously didnt trust the judges to give him a decision this time. 

His comeback story is now complete. If he goes on to unify the belts then surely he goes down as one of the best british heavyweights of all time? 

Edited by AlimOzturk

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Never thought fury had that type of bully boy fighting tactic in him. He horsed wilder around the ring like a ragdoll last night. Obviously didnt trust the judges to give him a decision this time. 

His comeback story is now complete. If he goes on to unify the belts then surely he goes down as one of the best british heavyweights of all time? 

Tbh I’ve never thought Wilder was great but he has that bomb that can take anyone out. But who knows how much Wilder getting the burst ear drum knocked him off balance. He certainly looked a bit dazed at times and unsteady. 
Really hope he sorts a fight with AJ. An absolute classic in the making I think. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Just watched it (recorded it).  I don’t consider myself to be a huge boxing fan or know much about it, but that for me (by a distance) was probably the best performance you’ll ever see from a British boxer.  Unreal.  That was a master class. 

I remember (stupidly) wanting Wilder to win the first fight because Fury was getting on my tits, but massive respect due for that effort this morning.  It’s actually quite frightening to imagine how good Fury could be if he stays in shape physically and mentally.  Probably the most in-ring intelligent boxer we’ve ever produced.  

The Fury shit that has been thrown around is typical of today’s social media / media based society. I fell for it initially like you.

Fury has had huge mental health issues in his life but watch the documentaries on him and he’s sound. I’m now right behind the guy. 

Crazy bit a brilliant character - just what sport needs. But when he isn’t boxing he can’t cope.

Mental health such a big issue these days across all spectres

Tom Hardy’s Dug
10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Tbh I’ve never thought Wilder was great but he has that bomb that can take anyone out. But who knows how much Wilder getting the burst ear drum knocked him off balance. He certainly looked a bit dazed at times and unsteady. 
Really hope he sorts a fight with AJ. An absolute classic in the making I think. 

AJ v Fury has to happen 

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The Fury shit that has been thrown around is typical of today’s social media / media based society. I fell for it initially like you.

Fury has had huge mental health issues in his life but watch the documentaries on him and he’s sound. I’m now right behind the guy. 

Crazy bit a brilliant character - just what sport needs. But when he isn’t boxing he can’t cope.

Mental health such a big issue these days across all spectres

Spot on.  

Fair play fury done the job but I could have gave wilder a fight his eyes at the first bell tells me he had problems. That was not the true Wilder

2 hours ago, jamborich said:

Fair play fury done the job but I could have gave wilder a fight his eyes at the first bell tells me he had problems. That was not the true Wilder

I will steer well clear of you if you fancy yourself against Wilder

4 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

I will steer well clear of you if you fancy yourself against Wilder

Aye fair point definitely give me a doing my point was I don't think Wilder was focused for what ever reason. 

2 hours ago, jamborich said:

He caught him with an absolute peach in round 1. Wilder felt it and knew he was in trouble.

I'm not having that he wasn't 100%

4 hours ago, superjack said:

Finally watched the fight, I actually felt it should have been stopped by the ref a few rounds earlier.

If you watch the ref closely he didn't take his eye off Wilder. I think he was close to stepping in as well

1 minute ago, jamborich said:

Aye fair point definitely give me a doing my point was I don't think Wilder was focused for what ever reason. 

I know it was a bit tounge in cheek but don’t expect me to jump in for you. Watched the fight live and couldn’t believe how Fury physced him out although the blow to the ear seemed to disorientate Wilder 

Have rewatched it and the first couple of rounds Wilder was just typical Wilder. Losing the rounds but trying to tee fury up for that huge over hand right punch of his. The third is where it all went wrong, the knock down punch I am convinced was the one that perforated his ear drum. There is no way any boxer can fight on with that as his balance would have been absolutely ****ed.

Would not count wilder out in the trilogy fight but it is more like a 80-20 split in Furys favour now. He has Wilders number. Think Wilder knew he wasnt a match for Fury going into this one. 

Would rather see Fury fight either Joshua, Ruiz, Usnk or Whyte before the Wilder trilogy TBH. Wilder needs to regain his confidence 

The more I think about heavyweight boxing the more I think it needs looked at and super heavy becoming a thing. I doubt the authorities would do it as it’s seen as the ultimate in terms of prestige but it’s becoming unfair as the fighters get bigger and a lot of potentially amazing fighters just unable to win a belt. It still starts at 14st 4lbs. Then look at the weight champions generally are nowadays. Someone at the lower limit would have been giving away over 5st to Fury last night. Great champions from the past like Tyson and Holyfield would have looking like middleweights next to these guys. 

47 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The more I think about heavyweight boxing the more I think it needs looked at and super heavy becoming a thing. I doubt the authorities would do it as it’s seen as the ultimate in terms of prestige but it’s becoming unfair as the fighters get bigger and a lot of potentially amazing fighters just unable to win a belt. It still starts at 14st 4lbs. Then look at the weight champions generally are nowadays. Someone at the lower limit would have been giving away over 5st to Fury last night. Great champions from the past like Tyson and Holyfield would have looking like middleweights next to these guys. 

I suspect boxing's days as a sport are numbered. A lot of people think it's just a matter of time before heading is banned in football and against that background you can't imagine that a sport where knocking out your opponent is the main aim will survive long term.   

7 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Yes it was but that was the gameplan rough him up and bully the bully.

Diadora Van Basten

It really was a masterclass by Fury. Wilder was done after the knock down but Fury was smart and used his body weight to drain Wilder when he tried to hold on then used his jab to keep Wilder from landing a big shot and dished out some big body shots.

Wilder looked like he might have been able to Weather the storm and avoid the knock out but he was incapable of doing any attacking so was just a sitting duck.

2 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

I know it was a bit tounge in cheek but don’t expect me to jump in for you. Watched the fight live and couldn’t believe how Fury physced him out although the blow to the ear seemed to disorientate Wilder 

Does it matter whether you watched it live or watch it later 

Edited by jamborich

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Agree. I remember listening to a commentary with my old man when Rocky Marciano beat Don Cockell who was British Champion . Marciano was undefeated and considered the all time best alongside Joe Louis. The Broxton blocbuster was around 14 and a half stone and Joe Lours not much heavier. Almost cruiser weights in today’s equivalent 

7 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Does it matter whether you watched it live or watched it later 

Yep as I would have known the outcome and less immersed in the action. Not in the least making a point but this was one fight I wanted to attend in my living room. Everyone to their own.

16 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Yep as I would have known the outcome and less immersed in the action. Not in the least making a point but this was one fight I wanted to attend in my living room. Everyone to their own.

Ok mate my point is Wilder was not ready for the fight why I don't know why, I saw it in his eyes at the start of the first round...43 fights 1 draw 42 knockouts is not a man who buckles so easily. Fury is a machine no doubt but I thought it was to easy for him

16 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Ok mate my point is Wilder was not ready for the fight why I don't know why, I saw it in his eyes at the start of the first round...43 fights 1 draw 42 knockouts is not a man who buckles so easily. Fury is a machine no doubt but I thought it was to easy for him

Fair comment

rudi must stay
11 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Joshua will get beaten up and knocked the eff out by Fury on that form.

It's a kid v a man if that happens

The walk on by the way, absolute masterstroke. Imagine boxing someone and seeing them walking onto that, not even walking on, sitting on :D. Surreal and it sums him up 

10 hours ago, superjack said:

Finally watched the fight, I actually felt it should have been stopped by the ref a few rounds earlier.

Should never have been allowed to come out for the 6th round, he was a walking punchbag from the 5th round.

you could see him visibly Swaying in his stool between one of the rounds.

Fury v Wilder 3 to come it seems

Deontay Wilder has blamed his elaborate ring-walk costume for his WBC heavyweight title defeat by Tyson Fury.

The American, 34, said his costume was too heavy and as a result he "didn't have the legs" for the fight.

Britain's Fury, 31, produced a dominant display to win the title in Las Vegas on Saturday when Wilder's corner threw in the towel in the seventh round.

Wilder also told US media he will exercise his rematch clause for a third fight against Fury.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/51623455

How many excuses is that now?:rofl:

He got beat up twice by Fury and will again. 

Last big payday for him before he becomes a journeyman fighter.