• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tommy Brown

• RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

• Dayman

• Bull's-eye

3 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

No need to be sorry, Tommy. 

The referee may play advantage whenever an infringement or offence occurs.

The referee should consider the following circumstances in deciding whether to apply the advantage or stop play:

the severity of the offence: if the infringement warrants an expulsion, the referee must stop play and send off the player unless there is a subsequent opportunity to score a goal

• the position where the offence was committed: the closer to the opponent’s goal, the more effective it can be

• the chances of an immediate, promising attack

• the atmosphere of the match

7 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

No sorry, you are

6 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

No need to be sorry, Tommy. 

Ifab

14521314-291C-4AA9-8C1F-5568924BE4E1.jpeg

Kidd’s Boots
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

The referee may play advantage whenever an infringement or offence occurs.

The referee should consider the following circumstances in deciding whether to apply the advantage or stop play:

the severity of the offence: if the infringement warrants an expulsion, the referee must stop play and send off the player unless there is a subsequent opportunity to score a goal

• the position where the offence was committed: the closer to the opponent’s goal, the more effective it can be

• the chances of an immediate, promising attack

• the atmosphere of the match

I referred to this earlier in this thread. Clancy acknowledged an infringement by playing advantage, the initial passage of play brings us no advantage, attacking phase broken down by Hamilton. He should have blown up at that point for the foul on Clare and dealt with the incident with a yellow card imo. Instead play continues,  eventually giving us a corner kick. A corner kick is not an advantage from the initial passage of play, it’s a result of bad decision making on the part of Clancy. You can see Clare questioning him why he hasn’t brought it back.... all fast flowing water the bridge now!

10 minutes ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

I referred to this earlier in this thread. Clancy acknowledged an infringement by playing advantage, the initial passage of play brings us no advantage, attacking phase broken down by Hamilton. He should have blown up at that point for the foul on Clare and dealt with the incident with a yellow card imo. Instead play continues,  eventually giving us a corner kick. A corner kick is not an advantage from the initial passage of play, it’s a result of bad decision making on the part of Clancy. You can see Clare questioning him why he hasn’t brought it back.... all fast flowing water the bridge now!

Personally, it was more of a red than the handball red.

Free kick and red.

That foul on Uche when he's held back on edge of the box was a penalty I think.  2 mins 30 in.  He doesn't seem to get those decisions still.

Clare was smashed on the face later about 2 min 55.  Ref seen it, should've been booked..  Yeah that's what I come to expect when we play Hamilton but also that ref's are awful for us.  

10 hours ago, Hearts Daft said:

According to Thommo on Sportscene the Hamilton goal might have been marginally offside. Unbelievable bias. The 1st goal was a country mile offside.

Guy was in the box . Nobody else , apart from Zlamal , was . 

Thommo also stated Hamilton player didn't look at the ball when he handled it .

He clearly did .

Did thommo think he was on the radio ?

I'm not paranoid but that was not objective reporting

26 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Does it? Accies player is clear inside the box, the last defender isn't.

C'mon Smithee.

The ball is closer to the goal line making him onside.

His body shape though, may make off offside with the benefit of VAR.

At the game and watching in real time it looked well offside.

Really surprised at how marginal it is 

13 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

C'mon Smithee.

The ball is closer to the goal line making him onside.

His body shape though, may make off offside with the benefit of VAR.

At the game and watching in real time it looked well offside.

Really surprised at how marginal it is 

I wasn't looking at the ball, I see what you're getting at. Very marginal then, especially as neither still shows the actual point of contact with the ball. 

I feel within my rights to be angered that the ref isn't always on our side just in case :)

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Looks inline with the ball to me. Doesn't matter where the defenders are.

The guy who makes the pass is not in the box . The ball , at best , is on the 18 yard line . The scorer is clearly in the box

16 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Looks onside to me. Seems the refs assistant got it spot on.

6 hours ago, johnthomas said:

The guy who makes the pass is not in the box . The ball , at best , is on the 18 yard line . The scorer is clearly in the box

Specsavers mate?

Go back and look at the stills on page 3.

8 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Check the previous pages, depending on the still you want to use, it can be on or off.

Its certainly not 2 yards offside, which is what I initially thought.

8 hours ago, johnthomas said:

9927BF08-A9B8-42EF-ADEE-EA48F71B6FDB.jpeg

His head may be leaning fractionally offside (hard to tell from the angle) but his feet are certainly behind the ball. 

Would be raging if it was for us and it was chopped off. 

Edited by Ray Gin

44 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

His head may be leaning fractionally offside (hard to tell from the angle) but his feet are certainly behind the ball. 

Watching in real time,   the guy never really looks like he got back on side.    Certainly agree its much more marginal than it 1st looks but in this image the ball has already left the forwards foot so not the best image to use.  If he is onside it's by virtue of a his trailing leg......its a fortunate decision for the striker in my view.  I suppose its all academic now.  I'm much more frustrated with Clares stupid challenge for the penalty,  just no need,  along with the chances we wasted.     We're not a million miles away from picking up some wins,   but need to cut the sensless individual errors out.

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

From your picture the line goes across his right calf and his left foot is ahead of the ball ?